• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I personally think that we wouldn't have gotten any Luigified playstyles in Brawl. The closest would be anything like Lucas or Wolf.
I wouldn't have had ruled out the possibility of a semi-clone just yet. Luigi was a total clone of Mario in the original game and I haven't seen anything indicating that he was a late addition. Obviously, there would be less luigified clones, but we could have still seen one about Falco's level in Brawl at worst if Sakurai wanted a late character addition.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Then Mega Mewtwo X has bigger man shoulders than the Tekken Tag 2 girls.

I wouldn't have had ruled out the possibility of a semi-clone just yet. Luigi was a total clone of Mario in the original game and I haven't seen anything indicating that he was a late addition. Obviously, there would be less luigified clones, but we could have still seen one about Falco's level in Brawl at worst if Sakurai wanted a late character addition.
Don't forget that Smash 64 was plagued with a different problem. The game was low budget. I wouldn't be surprised if that was in part what got Jigglypuff in Smash 64. As for Luigi being a clone, part of me feel that might have been deliberate simply because he originated as a pallet swap.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mega Mewtwo X is hideous! I thought it looked like a disco dancer when I first saw it

I am so glad I preordered Y instead. Though I probably wouldn't use Mewtwo anyway

None of you know anything about genetics do you?
Y is the male chromosome
X is the female chromosome

Mega Mewtwo X is the real woman!
BUT they gave Mewtwo Y a female voice actress in the movie

Poots

Smash Journeyman
But if you plant the tree on the edge wouldn't everyone just bounce off the tree and stay above the stage? (well not every time, but in some cases)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
They weren't inevitable. As you said, he could've done the six clones or make one unique character. Now, it was impossible for all six to be unique in the given time frame.
I'm not sure if we would make that one character, though. I know it's been speculated, and whatnot, but I thought that Sakurai's mindset was all like "must beef roster! Lets add more characters!". With those "characters" being clones, of course. I'm not sure if he considered the other choice, though I imagined he probably did. Bad wording on my part.

I personally think that we wouldn't have gotten any Luigified playstyles in Brawl. The closest would be anything like Lucas or Wolf.
That's what I'm think too. Except Toon Link (and Luigi) messes everything up for me (unless if Toon Link is like a Lucas/Wolf, but with Sakurai's comments in regards to TL, I dunno...).

Considering that Falco was by far the most popular clone and is top tier, I think Roy would've held on better if he was more popular.
Yes. Falco has the luxury of being high tier AND having pre-Melee popularity and recognition (now, take a look at the Japan-bound FE6). It's just that I don't see as much hate towards other clones like Young Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, compared to Roy (or maybe it's just me?) where ever I go. I'm more inclined to believe that perhaps Roy's obscurity in the West and tier placement are some of the causes for this. Then again, look how well Marth is treated, and he was pretty obscure at the time of Melee (just like Roy, except he got that OVA released overseas). I don't know if there were a lot of Roy detractors during Melee, that's the thing, as I wasn't around.

I'd say have more faith with the Smash 4 team on diversity though. It looks like they're trying to be more diverse with characters if Sakurai's words are any indication. Hell, just look at the first three newcomers. Miss Fit looks to be a Chun-Li like character (very fundamentals heavy with speed). Megaman's gonna be a zoning monster with those metal blades and projectiles in general. Villager looks like he'll be evil with edgeguarding once people realize to plant tress near the edge.
I understand... I'm just very skeptical when it comes to these things. They're really making a push for diversity for the newcomers, however, I hope they put some effort into the vets as well (especially the luigified ones from Brawl).

Btw, from what we know, which newcomer is the most appealing to you (and this goes for everyone else)? Mega Man's a cute little robot boy, though I think Villager's quirky and fun-looking moveset takes the cake for me.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, I'd hate to be the guy who gets stuck in between two trees during team battle.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not sure if we would make that one character, though. I know it's been speculated, and whatnot, but I thought that Sakurai's mindset was all like "must beef roster! Lets add more characters!". With those "characters" being clones, of course. I'm not sure if he considered the other choice, though I imagined he probably did. Bad wording on my part.
It was probably a fanservice concern because he thought the roster wasn't big enough.

That's what I'm think too. Except Toon Link (and Luigi) messes everything up for me (unless if Toon Link is like a Lucas/Wolf, but with Sakurai's comments in regards to TL, I dunno...).
I hear that thing had some vague translating going on. Still, not too hard to make Toon Link significantly different. The Parry mechanic from Wind Waker would be great.

Yes. Falco has the luxury of being high tier AND having pre-Melee popularity and recognition (now, take a look at the Japan-bound FE6). It's just that I don't see as much hate towards other clones like Young Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, compared to Roy (or maybe it's just me?) where ever I go. I'm more inclined to believe that perhaps Roy's obscurity in the West and tier placement are some of the causes for this. Then again, look how well Marth is treated, and he was pretty obscure at the time of Melee (just like Roy, except he got that OVA released overseas). I don't know if there were a lot of Roy detractors during Melee, that's the thing, as I wasn't around.
Young Link had the luxury of being in one of the most famous videogames of all time and there are those that would prefer Child Link over Adult Link. Dr. Mario and Pichu were actually the ones everyone expected to get axed once we found out that not everyone would return. From what I know, Marth and Roy were both very well received from a casual standpoint and were seen as exotic.

Btw, from what we know, which newcomer is the most appealing to you (and this goes for everyone else)? Mega Man's a cute little robot boy, though I think Villager's quirky and fun-looking moveset takes the cake for me.
Wii Fit Trainer for me, but all are very appealing one way or another.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Mewtwo is made from the cells of Mew and a human test subject. Mewtwos are extensions of the human host, therefore, their vocal patterns should reflect the successful test subject, hence why successful Mewtwo subject 001 is male in voice only because of Blaine.
however, MegaMewtwo X and MegaMewtwo Y have nothing to do with chromosomes and are genderless.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Then the big question is which song do you use to make a stage?
Maybe one random song(s) and then make all of them... Make all the songs in existent available though My Music or something. Use up all the space for music!!

Have any fave Vocaloid songs and artists?

I would ask this question later once we actually get a selection going, only being able to pick one out of three is kind of limiting.
That's the point. I like limitation. :evil:

Though, I mean, I wouldn't mind a newcomer reveal sometime soon. Really hoping for some music samples sometime as well. I always loved those.

D

Deleted member

I understand... I'm just very skeptical when it comes to these things. They're really making a push for diversity for the newcomers, however, I hope they put some effort into the vets as well (especially the luigified ones from Brawl).

The great job they're doing with Pit and Bowser is giving me hopes that certain semi-clones like Ganondorf will be made considerably more unique for this game. Even Peach's revealed managed to excite me a little because of the way she was presented.

As for me, my definitive pick is Mega Man. If I were to ever have a character to be competitive with, it would be him. But I will say that Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are also great additions to the cast.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mewtwo is made from the cells of Mew and a human test subject. Mewtwos are extensions of the human host, therefore, their vocal patterns should reflect the successful test subject, hence why successful Mewtwo subject 001 is male in voice only because of Blaine.
however, MegaMewtwo X and MegaMewtwo Y have nothing to do with chromosomes and are genderless.
Are they a different Mewtwo?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I found these Pyroar pics. I knew it wouldn't take long for these to be made:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We don't know if MMX and MMY are actually genderless in the games. Yet. I presume they will be, mind you.

I'd wait till we see the actual games. I remember hearing rumors that Mega Magnezone might have a gender. So who knows? Better to wait and see.

As for the anime, an actor or actress means little. Ash has a female actress and we know Ash is male. Also, didn't the movie specifically called Mewtwo Awakened Forme anyway? Doesn't seem related to the games to me, and that particular version is probably feminine.(which is solely a personality trait, not the actual physical gender of Mewtwo)

...I still think it'd be neat if Mewtwo has its costumes as its Megaformes in For. (now that there's two) On the other hand, Sakurai looks at the Anime, so we might only get MegaMewtwo Y in Smash. Possibly as a Final Smash. It's very hard to say considering all the data and information known.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure canonically some legendaries are male or female but have genders for gameplay purposes.

It has been shown that some legendaries DO breed and hatch from eggs such as the legendary birds

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pfft. What they REALLY need is an anime based on something like pokemon.

Now that would be great

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure canonically some legendaries are male or female but have genders for gameplay purposes.
Only Heatran has a specific gender. Physically, anyway. Mentally is another story.

It has been shown that some legendaries DO breed and hatch from eggs such as the legendary birds
Ditto gets around, man. But seriously, isn't it only Manaphy that can?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only Heatran has a specific gender. Physically, anyway. Mentally is another story.

Ditto gets around, man. But seriously, isn't it only Manaphy that can?
In gameplay only he can, BUT they have shown evidence others can breed in lore. And of course in the anime/ manga.

From the side games as well

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
D

Deleted member

Okay, the Bayonetta anime is definitely something I want to see. Makes me even more jealous of the superior Xbox 360 version; hope the original gets a port to the Wii U.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In gameplay only he can, BUT they have shown evidence others can breed in lore. And of course in the anime/ manga.

From the side games as well
Lore doesn't mean much if you can't do it as is. Lore is also closer to rumors and suggestions. It's not very blatant evidence.

In fact, all it sounds like is Arceus created the original Eggs. Latias and Latios are the only ones I can see where multiple versions make sense. The other Elemental Birds are harder to say. Lugia is only suggested in the Anime(possibly the Manga, haven't read) to be able to breed. Ho-Oh can revive itself, how it does that is a bit of a mystery. Justified he could revert back to an Egg.(similar to how Digimon do, honestly)

Besides that, even if they could have Eggs, it doesn't mean they have a shown physical gender. Asexual reproduction exists, and that's part of why we have Ditto. It's how it breeds with things like Magneton. So I really don't see how they have a gender at all due to these factors.

I get that mentally that might be feminine and masculine, but that's where it ends for most. And I did forget about the Lati@s genders, but that's the only others I remember. And Cresselia too. Why they can't breed, well... gender doesn't equal breeding in Pokemon. Nidoqueen can't breed, for instance. But a Pokemon without a gender can. There is no hard and fast rule, basically. Most Legendaries cannot be bred, which is most likely for balance purposes, but I do believe with the exceptions of Heatran, Latias, Latios, Lugia, and Manaphy, all of them had one Egg created by Arceus' reality warping powers.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Okay, the Bayonetta anime is definitely something I want to see. Makes me even more jealous of the superior Xbox 360 version; hope the original gets a port to the Wii U.
I hope so to so that more people can play that game. It's definitely a gem.

D

Deleted member

I hope so to so that more people can play that game. It's definitely a gem.
I've been really wanting to play that game for a long time. Unfortunately, I've heard bad things about the PlayStation 3 version (30 FPS vs. 360's 60 FPS and the game not running as well), so it looks as a possible Wii U port will be the only option I have of having an unbutchered port; that or me eventually caving in and getting an used 360 for Bayonetta and maybe a few other single-player exclusives.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just think it's a little weird people went from disliking/ not caring about Roy to him suddenly having a stronger support group in these years.

Did him not getting into Brawl start this thing? Or were they just a silent fan base?

Especially since his game never got (at least) an American release.
The Roy support group has never been silent; it's just you haven't been listening to those of us in the group.
I'll give up, nobody will ever notice the Melee SD Remix, even though it's brilliant as ****.
I'm aware of it, but eh, I'd rather see Pichu go a bit more on the side of going all out as balls.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All I found in his box was an embarrassing picture of John from the Christmas party.
DANG IT!!! I TOLD MY AUNT NOT TO SHARE THE PICTURE OF ME IN A TOP TUZ AND TIE WITH BATMAN PAJAMA BOTTOMS ON!!!!

(no really, I actually did that last Christmas; she almost had a seizure with me doing my Christian Bale grunting Batman voice)

(oh, and I gulped down a full cup of white wine that I thought was champagne, and my cousin tried to stop me, but eh, it didn't effect me)
I can't wait until John sees this comment. LOL
Was my response better than you thought it would be=???

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nah. I clicked reply for the first time but then, nothing happened. Then I clicked it twice then nothing happened again. I raged then refreshed only to find out I replied twice.
Earlier I hit reply, opened the page in another tab to check and see if it went through, hit reply again when that didn't appear to be the case, and it STILL replied twice.

Project M....? NEW METROID GAME!?!??!?! (Just kidding)

Sweeeeeet.

Off topic : I'll stick to what I said years/year ago, if the roster is good but the game sucks then why the hell am I gonna buy it? However, if Sakurai overdoes the questionable decision making, I'm gonna use force stasis on him then force push him into the Sarlacc pit. Oh wait, Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc and returned? Ah well. The core of the death star works (Oh wait).

Edit:
The jedi in my avatar is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom