• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Eh, the roster shouldn't suck given the characters we've seen so far. The only thing that sucks so far about it is that it is being pushed for a 2014 release when the graphics look really incomplete in several areas. Take the most recent Dojo update (for Wednesday). The graphics in that cave look like something on the Xbox 360 or the PS3, not a Generation 8 home console. Oh, and look at Peach's incomplete hair and dress and Link's wonky hair outlining.
Umm... yeah, Roy is not perfectly fine in Super Smash Bros. For Christ sake I've said this multiple times, Roy is basically an inferior copy of Marth, a character that suffers from very clunky design choices that ultimately creates an awkward misstep. That character needs an overhaul to be worth the discussion.
Roy would definitely be overhauled, or be a clone that is actually better than Marth in some regards.

Like my idea for Roy (make his moves based off his appearance in FE6 where he does a lot of stabbing attacks and a few lunging attacks, which seems to be part of the Project M 3.0 dealio), making Roy a more powerful heavy hitter (although no Ike of course), or perhaps even just go the Project M 3.0 semi clone-esk route.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Project M is shaping up nicely. I wonder if anybody has done a Ridley skin for Charizard. That'd be nice. I remember watching a vid of a scaled-down Ridley(Boss) in Brawl. Seemed decent enough.

Turbo mode also looks amazing. Probably too much for me, but cool to watch. Makes me want to scream "Ultttrrraaaaaaaa Combbbboooo!"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Woah! Woah! What is this? The challenger approaching banner is already gone...

That was quick. Maybe we're getting another character sooner than we think.

Eh, the roster shouldn't suck given the characters we've seen so far. The only thing that sucks so far about it is that it is being pushed for a 2014 release when the graphics look really incomplete in several areas. Take the most recent Dojo update (for Wednesday). The graphics in that cave look like something on the Xbox 360 or the PS3, not a Generation 8 home console. Oh, and look at Peach's incomplete hair and dress and Link's wonky hair outlining.

Roy would definitely be overhauled, or be a clone that is actually better than Marth in some regards.

Like my idea for Roy (make his moves based off his appearance in FE6 where he does a lot of stabbing attacks and a few lunging attacks, which seems to be part of the Project M 3.0 dealio), making Roy a more powerful heavy hitter (although no Ike of course), or perhaps even just go the Project M 3.0 semi clone-esk route.

I'm all for a smash 4 delay

Roy is dope.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo I'm glad for, I just can't get behind Lyn. :/
If they are truly adding Lyn, it means they are gonna inevitably add Pichu and Mewtwo as well.

Young Link is pretty much Toon Link right now (although I would love to see Young Link return, and Toon Link kinda become his own thing, which I think there is a good chance of that happening), whereas Mario is basically a combination of Mario in Smash 64 and Doc in Melee (so Doc really isn't needed).

Also, I don't think the 3 newcomers confirmed for Smash Wii U and 3DS isn't a long shot either, especially with all the cool modding stuff people keep figuring out, like the outfit extender (thanks to that, everyone can have up to 10 outfits [sans Wario, who can have up to 12]), all the cool modding program like the stage physics changer and BRSTM makers, and now this clone engine to expand the roster without taking anyone out! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm all for a smash 4 delay

Roy is dope.
Yeah, let's hope both games are at the earliest a mid-2015 release date.

While I don't mind the game being unbalanced (YEAH PATCHES ACTUALLY BEING USED!!!), I do want more content, and time is the ultimate creator of new content. Oh, and funding. Nintendo, fund more into this game. I want the graphics to look more consistently like a 8th generation of gaming video game.

Yeah, let's hope both games are at the earliest a mid-2015 release date.

While I don't mind the game being unbalanced (YEAH PATCHES ACTUALLY BEING USED!!!), I do want more content, and time is the ultimate creator of new content. Oh, and funding. Nintendo, fund more into this game. I want the graphics to look more consistently like a 8th generation of gaming video game.

Yea man I feel you. Mario Kart is killin' Sakurai's **** right now. Yeah they need to invest some cash into this if they want it to push some ales barriers. Hell Microsoft and Sony are cashing in hard on GTA5 right now and Wii is the only dead current gen console. Nintendo making some dumb ass decisions; oh well, guess i'm not getting a wii u or ds any time soon lol.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Woah! Woah! What is this? The challenger approaching banner is already gone...

That was quick. Maybe we're getting another character sooner than we think.
Well I don't quite remember how long it took for the banner to go down the other times but it's already been a solid week since Peach was revealed (exactly a week in fact).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Those are some bedroom eyes. Mario isn't going to be happy about this.
Yo N3ON, can you post the update? It's not updating for me and this sounds hilarious!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I must see the caption for this! This is hilarious!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
One part of me wants to take the obvious route and go "lol bedroom eyes" as everyone else has said, but I can also take a more innocent route and go, "I know you like Zelda. Go on. Tell her~"

Ah. She's blushing. No redeeming this one.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Those are some bedroom eyes. Mario isn't going to be happy about this.
Mario can't even find Peach's bedroom in Mario 64, and he literally went into every room in that castle.

Do you honestly expect Mario to stop this by going to her bedroom now=???

I mean, even when Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi helped Mario explore the entire castle they still couldn't find Peach's bedroom.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yea man I feel you. Mario Kart is killin' Sakurai's **** right now. Yeah they need to invest some cash into this if they want it to push some ales barriers. Hell Microsoft and Sony are cashing in hard on GTA5 right now and Wii is the only dead current gen console. Nintendo making some dumb *** decisions; oh well, guess i'm not getting a wii u or ds any time soon lol.
Yep, I think the budget is either lackluster, or the fact we're getting two games at once is holding both games back.

And the Wii had to die because it was essentially a Generation 6 console in a Generation 7 world. Now they got a Generation 8 machine, and they don't know what to do with it, and often they struggle with how to use it, how to promote it, or how to make engaging games that people will flock to and buy a console for.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I figured they just went over to Bowser's place when Peach was "kidnapped."

That or the Princess merely went to another castle.
Peach has a bedroom in the rpg's. Clearly it must exist. :troll:

And that would explain Super Mario Land. Another castle. Yep. >_>

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Peach has a bedroom in the rpg's. Clearly it must exist. :troll:

And that would explain Super Mario Land. Another castle. Yep. >_>
That bedroom was removed after a peephole was discovered in it.

No really, that's actually an in-game joke... that was taken out of the NTSC localization version! :facepalm:

And going to another castle in another dimensional is still going to another castle Silly!!! :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That bedroom was removed after a peephole was discovered in it.

No really, that's actually an in-game joke... that was taken out of the NTSC localization version! :facepalm:
I'm not surprised it was taken out. Japan is less prudish than us, clearly.
And going to another castle in another dimension is still going to another castle Silly!!! :p
I do believe you mistook my leery eyes for something else. :p

Also, think about this for a moment; Bowser gets a super powerful Rod in Paper Mario and kidnaps Peach. Accidental Innuendo? Or Nintendo ******* around with us? :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also, think about this for a moment; Bowser gets a super powerful Rod in Paper Mario and kidnaps Peach. Accidental Innuendo? Or Nintendo ****ing around with us? :troll:
Nintendo knows exactly what they're doing. They gave Peach a game that revolves around a "vibe scepter" and one with Peach's XXX. ;)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm not surprised it was taken out. Japan is less prudish than us, clearly.
One of the elderly male servant Toads made the hole no less, lol.

Toadworth's existence may be a reference to that, as he could seemingly be said perverted old man servant's replacement! :chuckle:
I do believe you mistook my leery eyes for something else. :p

Also, think about this for a moment; Bowser gets a super powerful Rod in Paper Mario and kidnaps Peach. Accidental Innuendo? Or Nintendo ****ing around with us? :troll:
...I think you're deep reading deep inside this too deeply... :facepalm:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One of the elderly male servant Toads made the hole no less, lol.

Toadworth's existence may be a reference to that, as he could seemingly be said perverted old man servant's replacement! :chuckle:
...Now I know why he's not Peach's Neutral B. She doesn't want him that close to her. :troll:

:troll:

Nintendo knows exactly what they're doing. They gave Peach a game that revolves around a "vibe scepter" and one with Peach's XXX. ;)
They say she bruised like a peach. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...I have no idea what you are even talking about N3ON (the vibe scepter), and I am afraid to ask what type of illegal 18+ things you are talking about.

Is it related to the Peach's XXX=???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom