• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I hope Dillon's Rolling Western gets more sequels, I'd love Dillon in Smash. (Even if he's not in 4, there's always 5.)
Or maybe as a platform-exclusive assist trophy? Maybe?
You know, I just thought of this now, but...

Will Assist Trophies be platform exclusive like stages? Or will the same ATs be in both versions?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm not too sure. Even without Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and hell, throw in Mario, there's still some good choices for existing series newcomers. King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Palutena all come to mind. Just my opinion, but still.
There are still choices, but then things just fall off the map once you've mentioned those. Either a lack of popularity or nobility, or being a rather divisive subject. You can kind of understand where I'm getting at, if you pay attention to what is going around.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
To be blunt for a second, but for the existing series, it's rather weak for selections. Fire Emblem and Pokemon in particular is a nightmare, which is depressing considering I like both series.

Ah well, it seems like looking into new series seems to be the way to go this time around, a bit of contrast from Brawl which mainly focused on expanding the existing stuff. It's understandable why too, when you think about it. For stuff that doesn't have a reo on the roster, it's looking more colorful.
What about Toad, Mewtwo and Ridley?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There are still choices, but then things just fall off the map once you've mentioned those. Either a lack of popularity or nobility, or being a rather divisive subject. You can kind of understand where I'm getting at, if you pay attention to what is going around.
Oh yeah, I get what you're saying. But eh, you can't please everyone, you know? That being said, I do think we'll get more new series characters than we would normally get in a previous Smash.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I don't think Anna has a chance.

I also didn't use her in game
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO DIDNT USE ANNA IN GAME.
Better yet, someone who didn't marry Anna. Tis fine though. Anna is having a blast on the bench with Kellam, Maribelle, Panne, Stahl, Sully, Tharja, Henry, Virion, Vaike, and Nowi.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Oh yeah, I get what you're saying. But eh, you can't please everyone, you know? That being said, I do think we'll get more new series characters than we would normally get in a previous Smash.
Maybe even Starfy. EEEEEEEEEEEEE.

On a serious note, though, I know for a fact that even if who I want isn't in, I'll eventually find someone in the game that I enjoy a lot. Like what happened to me with Mr. Game and Watch in Brawl after Pichu was removed and young me was sad. :chuckle:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mario, Zelda, Pokémon and Fire Emblem all have newcomer pools that aren't as easy as before to determine which is more likely the the other. Funny thing: all these series had characters removed in Brawl and had the most newcomers added in Melee. Onky Kirby went even with Pokémon in Brawl, but then again, Pokémon again had the most total newcomers in Brawl (counting all Pokémon as different characters).

And to be honest, I only see Donkey Kong Country, Fire Emblem and maybe Zelda and Mario having more than 1 newcomer this time.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I don't think Anna has a chance.
I also didn't use her in game
Likelihood, real or perceived, is not a valid reason to support a character, nor is it a valid excuse to disregard a character. You should know this as a Geno supporter.
Now, I understand the not using part, you have no emotional tie or foreknowledge of this character, but that is, in my opinion, a flimsy excuse to call a character 'meh'.
I would rather inform myself and invest interest into characters, if this is not done, all choices are 'meh'. I had the same feeling towards Paper Mario and Bowser Jr for the longest time, then I actually decided to go look at the potential competition, though I'd only played TTYD and almost never interacted with Bowser Jr, while I support neither and think their opportunity costs too high to be desirable, I can say with certitude that neither are 'meh' as I know the word.
While I agree most other Fire Emblem choices are 'meh', I would encourage you to seek it out to see for certain, I know that Anna is by far the least 'meh' Fire Emblem character that is possible for Smash (on possibility, she is the mascot after all).
Yes, I am attempting to gauge and am assuming what you have or have not done in regards to your knowledge of this character.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For returning characters, I want ROB or Mr. Game and Watch to be revealed to shut up the people who want them cut because "Zomg, they're old and weird", Sonic to shut up his 12 year old fanboys, and Yoshi to shut up the unsettling huge amount of people who actually believe he might not come back.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
For returning characters, I want ROB or Mr. Game and Watch to be revealed to shut up the people who want them cut because "Zomg, they're old and weird", Sonic to shut up his 12 year old fanboys, and Yoshi to shut up the unsettling huge amount of people who actually believe he might not come back.
THIS. Same with Jigglypuff and Ness. I think I've even heard someone say that Peach should go.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fatman has never seen the pre-Brawl days where people where seriously thinking Captain Falcon would be gone.

Ness was a legitimate character to be worried about though... And I began loving the character more and more since his reveal at the Brawl Dojo. He's one of my secondaries in Brawl as well.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
THIS. Same with Jigglypuff and Ness. I think I've even heard someone say that Peach should go.
I remember reading someone asking for Fox or Falco to be cut, "preferably Fox"
I think I also remember someone saying Dedede should go, too.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
And what is that? A vagina with a sword?
Wrong, sir, how dare you assume I speak of her gender? Lyn and Lucina already have those. And HOW in ANY sense would Anna use a sword? Only in the trickster sense, and I find it sad that that is your narrow view of Anna (HORRAY FOR INSULTS! You know I <3 you Arcadenik bby). Do not forget one, the cause of her mascothood, she would as a merchant wield a lance. And whose to say she's limited to any one role of any one Anna? As I've pointed out before, she would be the sum of Anna, not any one particular Anna. That means staffs, lances, you name it.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Wrong, sir, how dare you assume I speak of her gender? Lyn and Lucina already have those. And HOW in ANY sense would Anna use a sword? Only in the trickster sense, and I find it sad that that is your narrow view of Anna. Do not forget one, the cause of her mascothood, she would as a merchant wield a lance. And whose to say she's limited to any one role of any one Anna? As I've pointed out before, she would be the sum of Anna, not any one particular Anna. That means staffs, lances, you name it.
Composite Anna confirmed as clone of Composite Link.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
During pre-brawl, an absurd amount of characters were constantly speculated to have been cut from Melee. Marth, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Ganondorf, Young Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Sheik, Jigglypuff, Roy, etc...

I'm dead serious, people were over exaggerating the statement of "not every character will comeback".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO DIDNT USE ANNA IN GAME.
Better yet, someone who didn't marry Anna. Tis fine though. Anna is having a blast on the bench with Kellam, Maribelle, Panne, Stahl, Sully, Tharja, Henry, Virion, Vaike, and Nowi.
Who?:troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, I had to chuckle at Composite Anna being a clone of Composite Link. :laugh:

EDIT... but yeah, you're right, Monk... it was a force of habit... years of reading posts after posts about how we needed a female Fire Emblem character, you see?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Composite Anna confirmed as clone of Composite Link,
The difference being she can pull it off much more believably. In any one instance there are many Annas, while in LoZ commonly there is only one Link at a time.
I would not be opposed to a Composite Link, but it is a Link we have never seen yet, not generally acceptable to me, while an Anna we haven't seen yet that can fill all those roles is far better. It's something in the nature of their character(s) that differs them. (Edit: this last sentence is flimsy as hell, what was I thinking? I know! I was trying to make Anna appear better :3 )
Actually, now that I think further, I view Link in the game as already a composite Link, he's had elements from numerous games in tiny details. So really there's not much comparison outside of positive comparison :p

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Wrong, sir, how dare you assume I speak of her gender? Lyn and Lucina already have those. And HOW in ANY sense would Anna use a sword? Only in the trickster sense, and I find it sad that that is your narrow view of Anna (HORRAY FOR INSULTS! You know I <3 you Arcadenik bby). Do not forget one, the cause of her mascothood, she would as a merchant wield a lance. And whose to say she's limited to any one role of any one Anna? As I've pointed out before, she would be the sum of Anna, not any one particular Anna. That means staffs, lances, you name it.
Anna can be in PSASBR :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Honestly, just give me Roy and Ike in the same game and I'll be completely satisfied
Marth as well, but he is guaranteed unlike the other two. I think with Roy most likely he will not be confirmed until the game's release. I could also see Ike ending up a hidden character. I am really curious what designs they will go with for Marth, Roy, and Ike. The only other characters I am interested to see their design for Smash 4 outside the FE trio, are those from the Zelda series (Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, and "child" Link).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nah, but in all seriousness, I actually always used Kellam in Awakening, ironically. Generals are pretty useful. Plus, if you do a few reclasses, he gets access to Lethality and Pass as an Assassin, as well as Pavise as a General. I think he gets Luna as well as a Great Knight.

But yeah, that was a bit of a random tidbit. As far as Awakening characters I never use, that goes to Maribelle, Ricken, Gaius, and Henry. The rest I at least use rarely. This doesn't include the Spotpass and Gen II characters, to avoid spoilers.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman has never seen the pre-Brawl days where people where seriously thinking Captain Falcon would be gone.

Ness was a legitimate character to be worried about though... And I began loving the character more and more since his reveal at the Brawl Dojo. He's one of my secondaries in Brawl as well.
Actually, I did. I lurked here starting in the summer of 2005 before finally joining about a year later. The Ness arguments annoyed me too but, I admit, I was one of his fans that threw up my hands in defeat during the infamous "Up Until Now" controversy. :laugh:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Just my little unprobable wish, but I think it'd be really cool if we got 2 Pokemon Trainers, one for First gen and one for Sixth.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
IMO, these are the most likely/plausible newcomers based on what's happening in post-Brawl Nintendo's first-party games...

Chrom and/or Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Are suggesting a Chrom and Lucina pair-up up character to call back to this:

(Not a picture of Chrom and Lucina)
Even if it manages to work on 3DS it sounds....it sounds broken.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just give me the news when we learn about Xenoblade Chronicles getting content in Super Smash Bros.

**** demographic horse crap, dat content!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Nah, but in all seriousness, I actually always used Kellam in Awakening, ironically. Generals are pretty useful. Plus, if you do a few reclasses, he gets access to Lethality and Pass as an Assassin, as well as Pavise as a General. I think he gets Luna as well as a Great Knight.

But yeah, that was a bit of a random tidbit. As far as Awakening characters I never use, that goes to Maribelle, Ricken, Gaius, and Henry. The rest I at least use rarely. This doesn't include the Spotpass and Gen II characters, to avoid spoilers.
USE GAIUS.
Or at least have him bang Nowi. Gives Pegasus Knight to Nah, and after maxing out skills and stats, my Nah retires with Galeforce, Lifetaker, Astra, Limit Breaker, and Lethality. She's a Sage, btw. Definitely my best unit, she was even able to solo Rogues and Redeemers 3 (Chorm un-equipped pairs up, obviously) and she's gonna be a front runner for Apotheosis when I get it, along with Owain and Inigo.

Plus, Gaius gives Nah ORANGE. ****ING. HAIR.

ORANGE HAIRED DRAGON.

Oops, I fanboy'd again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm sure Xenoblade will get some sort of reference (a stage would be epic but it's almost a complete pipe dream) but if a rising star like Issac got shafted for a playable spot in Brawl then it's a long shot that Shulk will get anything beyond an assist trophy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm sure Xenoblade will get some sort of reference (a stage would be epic but it's almost a complete pipe dream) but if a rising star like Issac got shafted for a playable spot in Brawl then it's a long shot that Shulk will get anything beyond an assist trophy.

Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore. I used to be pretty confident in Shulk, but in my eyes the six newcomers that have been shown/leaked kind of just mind-****ed everything I knew. The only characters I'm confident in right now are:

Little Mac
Pac-Man
Miis
(And then to a lesser extent)
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo
Chrom

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, there's a lot less "obvious" additions this time around then there were for Brawl. Heck, I'd argue that everybody but ROB, Wolf, and Pokemon Trainer were super obvious from the get-go.
Well, from a sales standpoint... Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were obvious since Animal Crossing games and Wii Fit games sold very, very well... it's just that we just looked at characters that we already perceive as orthodoxical fighters... characters who fight with swords, claws, magic, etc... most of us don't associate gardening or exercising with fighting so we kinda overlooked characters like Villager and especially Wii Fit Trainer.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, there's a lot less "obvious" additions this time around then there were for Brawl. Heck, I'd argue that everybody but ROB, Wolf, and Pokemon Trainer were super obvious from the get-go.
And ZSS ~

I blame Wii Fit Trainer for all this pessimistic turn of events.
I wouldn't blame only her. She kind of showed how we really can't predict anything, and then AC kind of blew any solid evidence against characters (Like things Sakurai has said about specific characters) to smithereens. We looked over Villager because we were told to, and even then Sakurai was like "loljk"

I'm just hoping we get some characters from existing franchises. I really, really don't care for most of the smaller franchise choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom