• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not sure if old but we got something new from Sakurai: Wii Fit Trainer & Villager weren't added into Sm4sh for shock value but they "are very unique characters and they lend themselves well to the Smash Bros. family because they bring things we don’t already see."

I can see that for Villager but I still can't see that being the case of Wii Fit Trainer but whatevs.
Name a character besides her that's known for exercising. ;)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I was really hoping DK was doing his new rolling dash attack. But was in the air

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The new pic looks awesome. It looks like it's on a new stage to. And yes, am hoping it's the roll dash attack to. Even though DK's in the air. It might as well be DK double jumping...

However, DK has seen a lot of time in the bright light lately. Am thinking Diddy might be confirmed soon! :diddy:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Do we have any confirmation of DK using his Brawl/Melee dash attack or is it still unknown to us at this time?
I wouldn't mind seeing a possible Diddy Kong reveal in November.
I don't know if Tropical Freeze will be released on the same date internationally or will Japan get it first, either way a reveal on which ever country gets it first would be cool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Have I told anybody lately how much I love Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
the only FE game I played and I love it
guessing your using Joshua a ton :smirk:

Yeah pretty much. I always make him a Swordsmaster. Cause I just cannot make him an Assasin. Honestly, am even running around with Hero Ross, Assasin Marissa and Ranger Gerik, but Swordmaster Joshua is a MUST. :laugh: He's always one of my more used units. I never skip him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My guess it double jumping. It's no aerial attack, cause I've seen his old Back Air, Forward Air, and Neutral Air. It's safe to assume his Down and Up Air remain the same to (even though they greatly differ from his N64 U Air and D Air). And seeing he's in the air, it doesn't look like a dash attack. UNLESS, he's able to actually do the dash attack from platforms, much like in P:M and DKC / DKCR.

Reznor

work in progress
Yeah pretty much. I always make him a Swordsmaster. Cause I just cannot make him an Assasin. Honestly, am even running around with Hero Ross, Assasin Marissa and Ranger Gerik, but Swordmaster Joshua is a MUST. :laugh: He's always one of my more used units. I never skip him.
I think i'm the only person who never used Joshua because all my friends were using him and I thought it might get boring I did however got an awesome Rogue Colm who could kill some of my friends Joshuas but it was mostly 50% of the time

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Raise your hand if you knew the current screen shot was the KI: U stage right away.

Ifeellikei'mpartasmallpercentagethatfigureditoutrightaway

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think i'm the only person who never used Joshua because all my friends were using him and I thought it might get boring I did however got an awesome Rogue Colm who could kill some of my friends Joshuas but it was mostly 50% of the time

Rogue Colm gets all my <3 to.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I Think Ross will forever be my favorite character.
Raise your hand if you knew the current screen shot was the KI: U stage right away.

Ifeellikei'mpartasmallpercentagethatfigureditoutrightaway
I assumed it was the Reset Bomb level based off of the previous pic we had, but today's pic looking at it, it reminded me of the Hades' stomach level.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Todays stage reminds me of the infamous Fetus of God stage from Darkstalkers.

On a completely unrelated note, it turns out that Heihachi Mishima was based off Heihachi Edajima AND they had the same seiyuu.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What you talking about? ROB was one of the better characters added to Brawl

A lot better than people like Wolf, for example
This. ROB was initially the character I had the most objections to but after time passed I felt that Wolf was a significantly bigger disappointment. He's more unique than Falco, I'll give him that but the game didn't need two semiclones of Fox especially with them all having the same final smash to further drive home that he was largely added to +1 the roster.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, I'm going to have to disagree with Sakurai on why he chose the Wii Fit Trainer. She's obviously very unique, but I'm relatively confident he went out of his way to find a unique shock character and found her, instead of just selecting her from the getgo because she came to mind as a good choice. That's certainly how he's sold her to people, anyways..."Was anyone expecting that?" or "I get many character requests, but no one mentioned this character!"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know, I'm going to have to disagree with Sakurai on why he chose the Wii Fit Trainer. She's obviously very unique, but I'm relatively confident he went out of his way to find a unique shock character and found her, instead of just selecting her from the getgo because she came to mind as a good choice. That's certainly how he's sold her to people, anyways..."Was anyone expecting that?" or "I get many character requests, but no one mentioned this character!"
I pretty much made this same argument on Gonintendo earlier this morning. Out of all the characters they could have revealed at E3, she was the one they chose to reveal on the large monitors in front of hundreds of people and they even made the trailer have a misleading intro to further maximize the WTF factor. Given how about half the internet collectively crapped its pants out of shock when she was revealed, there's absolutely no way they couldn't have seen that from a mile away.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Kraden would've been cooler, I admit.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Wii Fit Trainer was pretty much a character nobody expected. Hardcore speculation often comes up with some rather absurd things all of the time, even sometimes dropping onto very far-fetched ideas. But oddly, no one saw Wii Fit Trainer. Absolutely no one. It's baffling because these are the same people that know about Hakkun and Sheriff.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ross x Garcia is the best ship, too.
Gotta love father/son bara wincest! :troll:

Wii Fit Trainer was pretty much a character nobody expected. Hardcore speculation often comes up with some rather absurd things all of the time, even sometimes dropping onto very far-fetched ideas. But oddly, no one saw Wii Fit Trainer. Absolutely no one. It's baffling because these are the same people that know about Hakkun and Sheriff.
Well, to be fair... there aren't any fat out-of-shape old mature women who speculate Smash... disregard that, there are no girls on the Internet. :troll:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Anyone else hoping Palutena gets get revealed with King Dedede and Meta Knight. (The video should show them giving Sakurai a cake for his birthday. :laugh:)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
The new pic looks awesome. It looks like it's on a new stage to. And yes, am hoping it's the roll dash attack to. Even though DK's in the air. It might as well be DK double jumping...

However, DK has seen a lot of time in the bright light lately. Am thinking Diddy might be confirmed soon! :diddy:
I wish! However, I think he'll be revealed a little closer to the launch of DKCTF.

Also, I think Palutena would be a great character to reveal for Sakurai's birthday, but if there actually IS any character revealed tomorrow, it will likely be Dedede or MK. I don't think we're going to get another newcomer for a while (really hope I'm wrong).

Edit: If DK actually got his P:M dash attack, that would be incredible. Not only is it incredibly useful, it's like one of the only attacks DK actually has in his original games! Come on!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Anyone else hoping Palutena gets get revealed with King Dedede and Meta Knight. (The video should show them giving Sakurai a cake for his birthday. :laugh:)
The video should show Peach as well... she's the one who baked the cake. Palutena cannot do anything right in the kitchen.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am not sure if its just me, but I liked FE8 more than FE13.

Overall, I would personally rank the international FE games like this:
FE7=FE9>FE8>FE13>FE10>FE11

FE13 is probably a better FE game than FE8, but I definitely had more fun with FE8 overall. Kind of like comparing Super Mario 3D Land to Sunshine, 3D Land is definitely the superior platformer and Mario game, but I had more fun with Sunshine.

My favorites in the series are pretty much FE4, FE5, FE6, FE7, and FE9.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It honestly baffles me that people think Villager is a shocking addition. An Animal Crossing rep was pretty much the only guaranteed newcomer going into Smash 4.
Sakurai's statement after Brawl's release that the Animal Crossing series was too pacifist to warrant a playable character is what made most people doubtful about a playable Animal Crossing character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom