• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I hope Nintendo is able to keep the Wii U's sales up.
I think the Wii U has a chance with Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, W101, Sonic Lost World, Rayman Legends(which I know isn't exclusive, but it's still the best on the Wii U), Mario 3D Land, and DKC TF all coming out relatively soon.

The Wii U will either pick up and have good sales,
or it will end up like the Gamecube, which had a good amount of great titles worthy of merit, but still sold poorly regardless.

I blame Nintendo for bad marketing though. "Wii U" is an awful name; a lot of people associate it with the Wii and give it a bad rep.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
I think the Wii U has a chance with Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, W101, Sonic Lost World, Rayman Legends(which I know isn't exclusive, but it's still the best on the Wii U), Mario 3D Land, and DKC TF all coming out relatively soon.
Sadly, with Ubisoft porting the game to three other consoles, I doubt people will actually buy a Wii U just for the best version of the game if they can get an almost-as-good version of the game in a console they already have. (And the Vita version is almost identical to the Wii U version I think)

Reznor

work in progress
there is a Wii-U Back Room already how do people even join it yet there isn't any game mechanics to talk about

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh, if this year doesn't do it for sales, Mario Kart 8, X (xenoblade 2), and Super Smash Bros for Wii U will most definitely be the turning point.
first the mario kart that will bring in the install base, then X that will bring in the naysayers of the graphics, then Super Smash Bros for Wii U that will bring in everyone...

Reznor

work in progress
oh, if this year doesn't do it for sales, Mario Kart 8, X (xenoblade 2), and Super Smash Bros for Wii U will most definitely be the turning point.
first the mario kart that will bring in the install base, then X that will bring in the naysayers of the graphics, then Super Smash Bros for Wii U that will bring in everyone...
if they get a new pokemon game like battle revolution on the Wii U its sales will skyrocket I tells ya

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
there is a Wii-U Back Room already how do people even join it yet there isn't any game mechanics to talk about
It's a social group, it was started quite a while before the trailer came out

Members are decided by comity with votes

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
if they get a new pokemon game like battle revolution on the Wii U its sales will skyrocket I tells ya
There will not be another game in the vein of the Pokemon Stadium games on the home console anymore.

Reznor

work in progress
It's a social group, it was started quite a while before the trailer came out

Members are decided by comity with votes
is there a way to apply (i'm not that knowledgeable but I am reasonable I have admitted when I was wrong a lot more than I would like sadly)

There will not be another game in the vein of the Pokemon Stadium games on the home console anymore.
wait really?
can I get a source because this is upsetting for me :sadeyes:

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Sadly, with Ubisoft porting the game to three other consoles, I doubt people will actually buy a Wii U just for the best version of the game if they can get an almost-as-good version of the game in a console they already have. (And the Vita version is almost identical to the Wii U version I think)
True, but the Wii U has an advantage in the notion that you only need one Wii U to play multiplayer, whereas you need multiple Vitas to enjoy that feature for the Vita version

Also, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions aren't "almost as good"; I saw gameplay footage and all of Murphy's actions were mapped to simply pressing "B" or "O" at a particular moment; that's pretty bad if you ask me.

But again, yea, it probably won't have much influence in gamers' decisions to buying a Wii U.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
is there a way to apply (i'm not that knowledgeable but I am reasonable I have admitted when I was wrong a lot more than I would like sadly)
You don't apply. The only way you get in is if enough people in the backroom feel you're a good enough poster.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
WELCOME TO THE RETURN OF MIIVERSE NIGHTLY UPDATE!
I hope you're ready for idiotic, thoughtless, stupid posts straight from Fastblade's Miiverse App!

Starting this showcase is another Sakurai hater.

Damn, give the poor guy a break. Yeeesh.

Next up is a combination of confused 9 year old and legit ******!

Poo.

Next is, well, not confused 9 year old, but impossible character request!

*sigh* I was going so long without hearing the words "Master Chief" used in the same sentence as Smash Bros. Dammit, Edwin.

You know what MNU needs? Liars! And what should they lie about...?

I feel bad for the Banjo fans that fell for this.
Actually, no I'm not. Its Miiverse for crying out loud.

And now, the feature post of the night...
SMASHBOARDS. VS. MIIVERSE!!!

Well, LittleTY, OBVIOUSLY Sma-

.. Excuse me while I build a spacecraft bound for the Moon. I don't want to live on this planet anymo- *shot*​
We'll, that's it for tonight! Please enjoy the Pic of the Day and have a good night!​

Reznor

work in progress
You don't apply. The only way you get in is if enough people in the backroom feel you're a good enough poster.
it will never happen then :facepalm: (pretty sure i'm not too popular)

WELCOME TO THE RETURN OF MIIVERSE NIGHTLY UPDATE!
I hope you're ready for idiotic, thoughtless, stupid posts straight from Fastblade's Miiverse App!

Starting this showcase is another Sakurai hater.
this just makes me sad Smash has a ton of calm people

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
And now, the feature post of the night...
SMASHBOARDS. VS. MIIVERSE!!!

Well, LittleTY, OBVIOUSLY Sma-

.. Excuse me while I build a spacecraft bound for the Moon. I don't want to live on this planet anymo- *shot*
He is probably a guy that got banned or ignored. :troll:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202

Reznor

work in progress
You never know. There are a few people in the BR now that I would have never thought would be in when they first joined.
really because most people I see in there usually know what they are talking about
what is your avatar from it seems familiar

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
One of the dude's voice reminds of the guy of Death Battle or Craig from Dinasour Office. lol
NO, DONT YOU REALIZE WHAT YOUVE DONE?
YOUVE REMINDED PEOPLE HERE OF DEATHBATTLE'S EXISTANCE, AND NOW EVERYONE IS GOING TO ***** ABOUT GOKU/ZELDA LOSING!
I, for one, agree with every outcome thus far, and, fun fact, Ben (creator of the show) actually read a blog I helped make over at Screwattack. He knows who I am :awesome:

Reznor

work in progress
wow that is funny love Reynold I think it seemed familiar because the Animation reminds me of ATHF

sorry about making you worry... this is the article that sparked my... response.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/01/10/pokemon-wii-u-has-no-chance-in-2013-after-x-and-y/

upon further attention, it only references game freak as the ones who won't make a wii u game. so.... i'm glad i could make you feel somewhat better (even though i inflicted damage..)
don't feel sorry its not your fault Game Freak has decided to do this (deciding they don't want more money)
well it looks like i'll never get a pokemon snap 2 on Wii U using the pad thing :(

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
YOUVE REMINDED PEOPLE HERE OF DEATHBATTLE'S EXISTANCE, AND NOW EVERYONE IS GOING TO ***** ABOUT GOKU/ZELDA LOSING!
I, for one, agree with every outcome thus far, and, fun fact, Ben (creator of the show) actually read a blog I helped make over at Screwattack. He knows who I am :awesome:
I will ***** about Zelda losing. But that's it. Every other Death Battle has had a reasonable conclusion(except Pikachu vs. Blanka, I felt that ending was overly malicious).

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Amy bets on the Pic of the Day?
I'm going Spirit Tracks, or Villager/Megaman/Miss Fit doing something on Battlefield or Smashville.

Reznor

work in progress
Rogue beating Wonder Woman made no sense

Reznor

work in progress
Like Goku could have beaten superman
of we can use any version of Superman than we can use Superman 1 Million :awesome:
or Silver Age Supes honestly most versions of Superman can take Goku (hope this doesn't start a Superman vs Goku thing)

Edit: dang it double post sorry guys :facepalm: (if this counts as a double post)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
of we can use any version of Superman than we can use Superman 1 Million :awesome:
or Silver Age Supes honestly most versions of Superman can take Goku (hope this doesn't start a Superman vs Goku thing)

Edit: dang it double post sorry guys :facepalm: (if this counts as a double post)
Don't worry, the pic of the day will fix it!

Wow, lookit dat texture on Diddy Kong's fur!

:troll:

Alzi

Smash Master
Damn got beaten to the pic, VERY INTERESTING picture indeed. The updates have been improving greatly.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Weird, I still see DK and Pikachu, but when I open the image in a new tab, I get the legit pic of the day
Also, RESET BOMB CONFIRMED

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Have we seen that stage before?
It's the Uprising stage from a few updates ago. This is what it looks like after it TRANSITIONS if you want to call it that.

The way it's all zoomed in though makes it look like Donkey Kong is some tumor or something.

Reznor

work in progress
Weird, I still see DK and Pikachu, but when I open the image in a new tab, I get the legit pic of the day
Also, RESET BOMB CONFIRMED
it happen to me for a while no idea why it changed for me though might have to do with where you live or something (probably not just guessing)

It's the Uprising stage from a few updates ago. This is what it looks like after it TRANSITIONS if you want to call it that.

The way it's all zoomed in though makes it look like Donkey Kong is some tumor or something.
it looks cool hope it doesn't mess with some peoples eyes though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom