• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Happy August, everyone! You know what that means? New character reveal expected sometime within this moth! Oh, and I'll change my Town Tune in New Leaf to another video game OST bit. Suggestions on both?
Calling it now, Ice Climbers, Falcon, Marht, or Chorm.

Also, all the cool kids have Saria's Song for their town tune.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mine is Guren no Yumiya. Now the whole town knows that they are the food and we are the hunters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You need to make this a popular and well knowm meme.

Sea Bass is currently underrated.
Indeed. Sadly, the generator is down at the moment. I was going to do one for Poppy. But eh. Anyway, must be in Smash... somehow... it deserves its own Trophy! More than Impa!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still need to buy New Leaf. D:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Indeed. Sadly, the generator is down at the moment. I was going to do one for Poppy. But eh. Anyway, must be in Smash... somehow... it deserves its own Trophy! More than Impa!
Aw... No Sea Bass for me? :(

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Since Olimar’s reveal, I’ve been meaning to make a little write up explaining how I feel and whatnot. I'm very glad he got revealed very early. Recentness is never a strong argument, and besides, Olimar is in Pikmin 3 anyway so that argument = BS.

I’m actually a silent Pikmin 3 newcomer supporter (particularly for Alph). Now, I know that some people have speculated before that the inclusion of a Pikmin 3 captain will introduce two new Pikmin (Rock and Winged) in their moveset, and they just stop at that. Nothing more, nothing less; the new captain will most likely be semi-clone and use two new Pikmin because, well, Olimar can’t use the new Pikmin (which isn't exactly true). I think some people have a hard time justifying a new captain’s inclusion since one of the major arguments for the new character revolves around the inclusion of a measly two Pikmin. And I agree; Rock Pikmin seem a little bit redundant when we have Purple. Winged Pikmin could make up for a new recovery or something, however, one new Pikmin doesn't do justice for me.

You’re probably asking why I support Alph then. I feel as though one of the reasons Sakurai might add Alph (or whoever) is because of how the captain could be an easy semi-clone addition, if he feels the need to spice up the roster. Another reason is that I feel Sakurai might want to try something innovative, something that Olimar cannot necessarily do; he’ll give the captain some redeeming moves/properties that makes the captain stick out. This could range from:

- Utilizing Pikmin in a different way/giving them different properties. Examples: trajectory, power, priority/speed, start up/end lag, dismissing Pikmin, new Pikmin types, etc.
- Incorporating items: spaceship parts, treasures, fruit (lol kinda lame I know, though the Cupid's Grenade’s effect might work), enemies, power-ups such as: Ultra-Spicy Spray (yes, Olimar can use Sprays too. But if not in Olimar’s moveset, why let the Sprays go to waste?). I don’t know what items are available in Pikmin 3 (excluding the Spicy Spray), hopefully there’s more.

For example, for enemies, a pipe dream of mine would be if Louie is playable and has a moveset the revolves around summoning/attacking with insect-like enemies, obviously distinguishing himself from Olimar.

Spaceship parts/treasures, I feel, are best suited for Olimar’s moveset (though obviously not going to happen). I mean imagine if he uses these bad boys in means of attacks:

Chronos Reactor

Ship Log: "This reactor changes permutations in the space-time continuum into pure energy... Basically, it's like a big rubber band."

Nova Blaster

Ship Log: "This is a weapon of such incredible destructive force that it can blast stars into tiny pieces... It has a strange allure."

Rocket Fist

Watch out, DK! There's someone else who has huge, powerful fists! :laugh:

Personally, I'd like the Pikmin newcomer (preferably Alph) to not use Pikmin in his moveset, though I do believe that Pikmin themselves are almost like the face of the series, with Olimar being a close second (since he's in all installments and whatnot). With that being said, I think Pikmin are iconic to the captains, and I'm not expecting them to be absent in a new captain's moveset. I think Olimar's archetype is unique, almost being like a fighter that uses ammo, and I'd like to see another ammo user, not necessarily from Pikmin though (but Alph, for example, would probably be easier to implant).

I'm not saying that a new captain is guaranteed. However, the possibility is still up in the air (though I'm not expecting one). I know my ideas might seem crazy, but I'm just trying to come up with some ways to help de-clone a Pikmin newcomer or ways in order to make him more unique. :laugh:

So yeah, just my two cents.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I think you all are gonna like this MNU.
Heck, one of the posters even mentions Smashboards! What did they have to say?
Find out in approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think you all are gonna like this MNU.
Heck, one of the posters even mentions Smashboards! What did they have to say?
Find out in approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Great.

I really need to get some sleep soon, but I'll try and stay up until then. I'm looking forward to what they're gonna say. :chuckle:

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
i hated olimar and i like how everyone hopped on his **** the second smashboards bumped his ass up on the tier list lmao i wanna see some marth footage tho pls thx nintendo

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey you sluts, link me to the back room. I never understood how to get to it

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
can u guys pls get over the lizard already how long have you people been on the internet srsly that **** is kid's stuff compared to what's out there lmao

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So guys, what do you think of the Wii U's sales numbers in the last 3 months? It sold only 160,000 combined units in the months of April, May, and June. In Europe, less than 10,000 units were sold in the last three months. Major retailers like Gamestop, Target, K-Mart, and ASDA have stopped carrying the Basic Model. And surprisingly, despite all this bad news, Nintendo managed to make a profit. Thoughts?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Who stated anything about the lizard?
James.

So guys, what do you think of the Wii U's sales numbers in the last 3 months? It sold only 160,000 combined units in the months of April, May, and June. In Europe, less than 10,000 units were sold in the last three months. Major retailers like Gamestop, Target, K-Mart, and ASDA have stopped carrying the Basic Model. And surprisingly, despite all this bad news, Nintendo managed to make a profit. Thoughts?
Yikes, that's a shame.

I hope Nintendo is able to keep the Wii U's sales up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom