• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatPersonGuy

Smash Cadet
From what I remember of that time period, people all over the internet were heavily debating whether Snake fit into the roster and the whole concept of guest characters and what constituted a good guest character, while also being really excited about the new characters in general.

Now it's sort of the opposite: people are really excited for the guest character without question while Wii Fit Trainer and to a lesser extent Villager are being debated as questionable additions.
Villager wasn't really debated. With WFT it's just the same thing as if ROB had appeared in the debut trailer, which IMO would have saved him TONS of hate.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well I just ordered the Kirby Dream Land Collection for the Wii so i'll just play Dream Land 2 on the wii
the Kirby game I played the most as a kid was Crystal Shards mixing powers is one of the funnest things ever
I have it on the wii as well, but I just prefer to have a handheld copy

I also really enjoyed Kirby64

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
OMG KIRBY"S DREAMLAND 2 WAS FINALLY RELEASED IN THE ESHOP!!!
I must download it now! And then I will finally have all the pre-Gamecube Kirby main games...

My current favorite Kirby games in order is:

Kirby's Adventure
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (I bought it last month and I love it!)
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (it's low because I didn't really commit myself to finish the game... maybe if I played more, it would be higher)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
First Kirby I ever played was Superstar Ultra, which got me into the series.

Then I got Epic Yarn for Christmas, and I downloaded Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64 later that year and I got Kirby's Return to Dreamland around that time as well.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Moose is in my campsite. BUT I HAVE NO FREAKIN' ROOM FOR ANOTHER VILLAGER. #rage

Reznor

work in progress
I have it on the wii as well, but I just prefer to have a handheld copy

I also really enjoyed Kirby64
at first this seems stupid but ya having it portable does feel better I do the same thing (like me owning Mario Allstars for Wii but playing the first Mario game in my 3DS more)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I am a bit worried for K. Rool, but in my post I was mainly referring to the kind of villains that would, well I don't know, scar children.
Stop planting seeds of doubt in my head!

I'm confident whatever Nintendo has in their library won't* scar the 8 year-olds that grew up on CoD.

* - Fixed

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
First Kirby game I ever played was the original Kirby's Dream Land for GB back in 2001. It was owned by a friend of mine.

The palette for the game on the GBC is blue and yellow, so it made the background of Bubbly Clouds looks like it was set in the morning. (that's how I saw it, at least)

I recognized the Superspicy Curry on the SSBB Dojo immediately when I saw the star icon next to it.

I'm also happy that they brought back some enemies from the Extra Mode in Superstar Ultra, like Koozer and Blatzy.
Return of the King was one of my favorite parts, but I thought it was too short...

----

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
First Kirby game I ever played was the original Kirby's Dream Land for GB back in 2001. It was owned by a friend of mine.

I recognized the Superspicy Curry on the SSBB Dojo immediately when I saw the star icon next to it.

I'm also happy that they brought back some enemies from the Extra Mode in Superstar Ultra, like Koozer and Blatzy.
Return of the King was one of my favorite parts, but I thought it was too short...

----
Return of the King was awesome.

If it were remade, or at least Masked Dedede, then I'd be very happy.

The fact at how Masked Dedede could be stunned so easily actually didn't make him that hard. (I mean how a simple small attack can get stop him in place for a second, and can even prevent him from using an attack)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Harvest Moon SNES is also released on wii u apparently.

It's one of the best Harvest Moons. They removed all I liked about Harvest Moon after Harvest Moon 64

Reznor

work in progress
Harvest Moon SNES is also released on wii u apparently.

It's one of the best Harvest Moons. They removed all I liked about Harvest Moon after Harvest Moon 64
I have never played a Harvest Moon game are they as good as the Animal Crossing games?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have never played a Harvest Moon game are they as good as the Animal Crossing games?
There are elements from them that are better, but animal crossing has other elements that are better as well

The newest Harvest Moon has better town building options than Animal Crossing though. You have full control where you place people's houses, and can move them anytime you want

Reznor

work in progress
There are elements from them that are better, but animal crossing has other elements that are better as well

The newest Harvest Moon has better town building options than Animal Crossing though. You have full control where you place people's houses, and can move them anytime you want
HM I kinda wanna try because of the farm aspect and getting married

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sweet Jesus that signature!
This describes the signature well enough. :awesome:

As for character predictions, if people are using likely to mean they "probably will get in", I can't legitimately add Chrom to the list. The thing is, we don't know if Sakurai will need to look for another FE character. He has 3 slots available right now. And each character does appear in Awakening, meaning a new design is easy. Of course, this also depends if he's allowed to use who he wants. Basically, there's no telling what'll happen.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
As for character predictions, if people are using likely to mean they "probably will get in", I can't legitimately add Chrom to the list. The thing is, we don't know if Sakurai will need to look for another FE character. He has 3 slots available right now. And each character does appear in Awakening, meaning a new design is easy. Of course, this also depends if he's allowed to use who he wants. Basically, there's no telling what'll happen.
Yes... but those three characters are optional downloadable characters in Awakening... meaning you don't have to see Marth, Roy, or Ike in Awakening unless you download them. This is Chrom's and Lucina's game first and foremost.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I really can't think of much more they can do. Other than allowing them to grab items...
I was thinking maybe they could clutch into a first, their fingers being visible from the front, and they and try to crush you multiple times, 3 total, and they move further towards the other end of the stage each time.

Crazy Hand could also throw fireballs.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes... but those three characters are optional downloadable characters in Awakening... meaning you don't have to see Marth, Roy, or Ike in Awakening unless you download them. This is Chrom's and Lucina's game first and foremost.
Lucina's fine as a Marth costume. Chrom is eh. Not the point; He already has a full choice of characters. There is nothing probable/likely about either Lucina or Chrom. Them being new means absolutely nothing. Even having a new design doesn't cut it anymore. Look at Adult Link. He is not the SS version. Basically, there's really no reason to put our hopes up in the new guys right now. There's no hints. All we know is that Sakurai's third choice was still Roy. As of now, the only roster that's semi-predictable is the planned Brawl one. We know Marth is coming back. There's nobody else that's guaranteed or even close after him.

I was thinking maybe they could clutch into a first, their fingers being visible from the front, and they and try to crush you multiple times, 3 total, and they move further towards the other end of the stage each time.

Crazy Hand could also throw fireballs.
That could work.

Crazy Hand's fireballs could be Green. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom