• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Mr H

Smash Ace
Ya im actully only going to be in town tonight and tomorrow :( so i guess no funz this weekend for me

Mr H

Smash Ace
I'm going to be in town this weekend from Thursday night till Saturday morning so ya.. get at me

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Omg, this thread has totally become noob central.

Ok, as of now, I should be free to come down two weekends from now (July 20th-22nd). I know it's a while from now, but if peeps are up for hanging, I need to know soon. Also, I can prolly take that Friday or the following Monday off to give us a little more time for fobs and hobs, so let me know which would be better. Lastly, this is all assuming we have the whole lodging situation taken care of >_>

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Omg, this thread has totally become noob central.

Ok, as of now, I should be free to come down two weekends from now (July 20th-22nd). I know it's a while from now, but if peeps are up for hanging, I need to know soon. Also, I can prolly take that Friday or the following Monday off to give us a little more time for fobs and hobs, so let me know which would be better. Lastly, this is all assuming we have the whole lodging situation taken care of >_>
Well this is a strange turn of events. I'm actually open that weekend, which makes me suspect that you're up to something :glare:

Also I'd offer to let you crash at my place, but I won't.

On an unrelated note, I recently found out that my lease ends on July 18th, so I'm probably gonna be moving back in with my parents for about a month before I can move in to my new apartment. :ohwell:

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Well this is a strange turn of events. I'm actually open that weekend, which makes me suspect that you're up to something :glare:
Haha, nah. It's just a coincidence, I'm sure. Yeahhh, just a coincidence....

Also I'd offer to let you crash at my place
*looks up with hopeful eyes*

but I won't.
:(

On an unrelated note, I recently found out that my lease ends on July 18th, so I'm probably gonna be moving back in with my parents for about a month before I can move in to my new apartment. :ohwell:
Aight, soooo what I'm hearing is we are all to arrive at your parents' house that weekend. That sounds like a solid plan. Besides, now you won't john out every 7 minutes to let the dogs out. >_______________>

Mr H

Smash Ace
i'm not sure if il be able to hang out i work Saturday but i might be able to come down sat night and stay till monday morning. notsure.jpg

goosefactor

Smash Lord
i'm not sure if il be able to hang out i work Saturday but i might be able to come down sat night and stay till monday morning. notsure.jpg
Hmm, well that's not a good time frame at all, and you're not sure if you'll be able to even do that much. :/ With this, Hippy being the only other one willing to hang out, and the fact that finding a place to stay is still an issue, I think I'm going to tap out of this one.

On an unrelated note, Lance, I had the gayest dream about you. We were playing Smash (why I still have dreams about this game I don't know) but on a 3D stage that closely resembled the Block Fort in Mario Kart 64. I was getting so annoyed at you/the game because I couldn't catch you. Like, you were laying these traps and hexes on the ground, and would just jump away onto another floor every time I got close to you (I've been playing the Witch Doctor in Diablo this week, so I think that had something to do with it). I remember saying jokingly (but was totally serious), that if we timed out I was never going to play again, LOL. I can't say I remember what happened afterwards though, but that was probably a good thing.

Mr H

Smash Ace
Hmm, well that's not a good time frame at all, and you're not sure if you'll be able to even do that much. :/
whats the difference between my time frame and my normal time frame of coming down friday night and leaving sunday morning?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I would be down to hang out.
Ok, good. I'll keep that in mind.

My trap laying game is too good.
Haha, yes it is. You certainly made a believer out of me last night.

whats the difference between my time frame and my normal time frame of coming down friday night and leaving sunday morning?
Well, I was considering taking a vacation day like on Friday or Monday to extend the amount of time for fobs. At least with regards to hanging out with you, I'm more or less forced to take a day off just to have that same amount of time since I would otherwise leave on Sunday. I'm not saying I still wouldn't do it or anything though. Anyway, none of it really matters if we don't have a place to crash.

Mr H

Smash Ace
Anyway, none of it really matters if we don't have a place to crash.
hmm ya we are kinda ****ed on not ****ing a place to crash. You could come down on Aug 3rd and hangout at my apartment ( should be moved in by then) but i would still prefer to hang out sometime before next month lololol

'Fro

Smash Lord
hmm ya we are kinda ****ed on not ****ing a place to crash. You could come down on Aug 3rd and hangout at my apartment ( should be moved in by then) but i would still prefer to hang out sometime before next month lololol

Well, consider it possible then. You guys could crash here. I needed to confirm a couple things for that weekend, but I'll be good to hang out/ host here.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ok, well that's good then. It sounds like we got the lodging taken care of now. Thanks, Ahmed.

Also, Lance, I GOT THE ISO SONGS! My friend Matt told me that there was a good chance I still had them on my comp. After digging deeply into my archives (aka a simple folder named 'goose'), I had found them!! I'm hard at work as we speak getting all those in order. I'm thinkin' about changing the song on the Green Greens stage. That level's been a revolving door with songs. I just can't seem to find one that I'm totally satisfied with. There are a few songs up for debate. I'm actually bouncing around the idea of FF7's battle theme. It was always my favorite, but I feel it's too well-known and popular for my liking. Like, this is a song (along with FFX's battle theme) that people would hear and be like, "Oh, I haven't heard this one before :rolleyes:. Way to pick a song that people who can't think of cool and unique songs would choose." Ugh, this is so stressful. :urg:

Speaking of which, are we able to get rid of the invisible apples and blocks on that stage? I guess more importantly, do you guys even play that stage anymore? At any rate, the stage is pretty solid, and it gives me another stage to slide a delicious song into ;)

Other than that stage and a few minor looping issues I can remember, I think I'm just going to stick with the same songs. I'll admit that FFX's battle theme has KINDA overstayed its welcome with me over the years, but the song's just too good.

So yeah, I'll send these to you in the next couple of days when I'm fully satisfied with the adjustments. Now I can look forward to listening to/watching Smash again! :bee:

"tl;dr" go ahead and put that down guys cuz I definitely wouldn't see it coming

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Haha hipster goose, loves a song but thinks people will think its overplayed.

Anyway, just get me the loops a decent time in advance and I'll make you a disc.

:phone:

goosefactor

Smash Lord
yes
and the wind too
Ooooh! Leave it up to the master shine and scarf swirl hacker to take care of that gay tree for us!

Haha hipster goose, loves a song but thinks people will think its overplayed.
Heh, well I just want it to at least be fairly unique. Anyone can just go to like a top ten RPG list and slap them on an ISO. But then again, perhaps I'm overestimating how popular and mainstream 7's battle theme is since, afterall, I've recently learned that X was most of your guys' first FF game. >____>

Anyway, just get me the loops a decent time in advance and I'll make you a disc.
:colorful::joyful::colorful:

I'll give them to you either today or tomorrow when I finally decide which route to go.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Put call me maybe on dream land :3
GD it. And Jason, you would say that too. Well, maybe if you guys are lucky I'll tell Lance to sneak it into a stage's alternate song. But knowing him, he's probably already planning on hiding some easter eggs in there without my knowing. :urg:

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
so my free time next weekend might have just been compromised. proper security measures will be taken, but it might already be too late.......scanning weekend for any bugx... s7stemErroR ...........

goosefactor

Smash Lord
so my free time next weekend might have just been compromised. proper security measures will be taken, but it might already be too late.......scanning weekend for any bugx... s7stemErroR ...........
Oh what the? Magic tourney?

Who all is actually even going to be free this weekend then? I was planning on coming in Friday night or early Saturday at the latest. If this isn't good for people then I need to know.

'Fro

Smash Lord
skafhiaehge;seng;osgsrng;krasnflirnrgjrgtihrwitgjwlfwesghnwrgjmwpsogjwsr;g;win

I am SO MAD right now..... Sorry guys, but my amazing TA just crapped all over our weekend plans. He's already done this thing several times where he randomly shifts deadlines for assignments. After already screwing us with a big workload for this week, he added some more garbage for next week.... He basically wants to finish as much material as possible so he can have it on the next (and last) exam, in addition to finishing up all the project work, too. I'm really sorry guys............

Mr H

Smash Ace
RIP Weekend of JULY 20TH
Time of Death 7/15/2012 3:47:43 PM

Conspiracy theory of the assassination of the Weekend of July 20th - Fro didn't have any assignments due for his class, he just didn't want to clean his apartment.

'Fro

Smash Lord
RIP Weekend of JULY 20TH
Time of Death 7/15/2012 3:47:43 PM

Conspiracy theory of the assassination of the Weekend of July 20th - Fro didn't have any assignments due for his class, he just didn't want to clean his apartment.
You'll see the apartment for yourself next time you're here. **** school.

Top Bottom