• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Mr H

Smash Ace
I already declared the time of death im sorry but this weekend is legally dead.

:phone:

Edit- for real tho I need to know by tomorrow morning at the latest so I can take off next Monday if need be.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
I don't actually know what I'm going to be doing this weekend. There's a 50% chance that I'll be free and a 50% chance that I won't be free.

If you do actually come down this weekend I will hang out on all of the days. If you don't then I'll just go ahead and engage in some children's card games. (Subtext hint: I will be burning three $20 bills if you don't show up)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
If you do actually come down this weekend I will hang out on all of the days. If you don't then I'll just go ahead and engage in some children's card games. (Subtext hint: I will be burning three $20 bills if you don't show up)
Ok, now this is what I like to hear. Now we just need to see what kinds of tricks Lance is able to pull outta his *** for this weekend.

Also, why would you be burning money if I didn't show? I thought you rolled kids at those Magic tournies.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Here's a short list of goodies that each person is responsible for:

Craig: Sphere Grid, Arkham Horror, and the fire blanket

Goose: Catan and two spare toothbrushes (one to keep at both Couch's and Lance's place ;))

Lance: ISO and Project M?

Also, Lance and I will be getting into town at noon.

Mr H

Smash Ace
Craig: Sphere Grid, Arkham Horror, and the fire blanket
i forgot about the fire blanket, ty for reminding me
also ArkH.A.M. horror, ive been meaning to play that with you guys for awhile now too
also also **** jury duty hopefully tomorrow is my last day or it might be GG for this weekend.....
also also also **** jury duty x2

voorhese

Smash Master
Well FC is close, how goes the rooming plan? I know there is a hotel deal for us that is 70 a night for 4 people. How many of us are planning on going?

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Well FC is close, how goes the rooming plan? I know there is a hotel deal for us that is 70 a night for 4 people. How many of us are planning on going?
ha "plan" thats a good one

But no, for real, I'll be signing up shortly here. I suppose we do need to get these details hammered out pretty quickly considering that the special rate expires on Monday.

'Fro

Smash Lord
ha "plan" thats a good one

But no, for real, I'll be signing up shortly here. I suppose we do need to get these details hammered out pretty quickly considering that the special rate expires on Monday.
*just finished all-nightering on dumb project*

Yo, I just signed up too. Now, I don't know the details on this, but if Jay doesn't enter, can he be in the venue? I was banking on going with Jay, personally... and I wish I had followed earlier, because I would have just booked rooms if I knew about the rates expiring today. Either way, I could go ahead and book that at the regular rates, and we can sort out payments later.

NOTE: The above assumes that no Skype sessions already took care of this process, so excuse me if I don't know right now.

Jayford

Smash Lord
*just finished all-nightering on dumb project*

Yo, I just signed up too. Now, I don't know the details on this, but if Jay doesn't enter, can he be in the venue? I was banking on going with Jay, personally... and I wish I had followed earlier, because I would have just booked rooms if I knew about the rates expiring today. Either way, I could go ahead and book that at the regular rates, and we can sort out payments later.

NOTE: The above assumes that no Skype sessions already took care of this process, so excuse me if I don't know right now.
I'll ask about the venue

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Good times this weekend, guys. Jay, it was fun hanging out for the 2.37 minutes that I saw you.

Jacob, although I don't think you even check this thread, thanks for housing me during the short time we were in town.

Scottson! I'm glad you decided to come down with us. I didn't think you'd want to, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Lance, thanks for having us over for the couple of days. And thanks for eventually coming down to the basement to let us out. My eyes sorta hurt once they finally hit daylight. Wait, who am I kidding? It was practically nighttime once you decided to let us go free. Also, your mom is super cool. Since I'm sure you forgot, make sure to tell her I said thanks for having me since she was MIA when I left. And although I didn't speak to them a bunch or anything, hopefully now your sisters won't think I'm some creepy brown guy.

Also, Lance, we didn't play too many singles this weekend, but overall, you got the better of me in the sets. Even though we didn't play that much, for the first time I'm starting to think that you're better than me now (well, at least in the Falco/Marth matchup, but since that consists of each of our best characters, that's all that really matters, right?), especially since I didn't even feel like I played that bad. I'm still not completely convinced of this, but that doesn't really matter because even if you aren't quite yet, I'm confident you will be very soon. It's funny because I don't feel this has really happened with all the regulars I've played with over the years at Purdue. I was either better than a person and was always been able to hold that ground, or they had always just been better than me. I might've been able to pass a person here or there in skill, but I don't feel the opposite has ever happened except for you (Voorheese could do it too if he'd stop Voorheesing himself). Normally this would be the perfect motivation to dust off the controller and start practicing again, but sadly (?), that ship has sailed a year or so ago :/ Anyway, for what it's worth, good job.

And Craig, thanks for the bed, homo.

Mr. Shyguy

Smash Rookie
lol yea i don't check it a lot but i look on here every once in awhile anyway i also had a good time lance thanks for having me over.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Yea this weekend was a lot of fun.

Jacob - Thanks for letting us hang out at your place. Resistance and Power Grid were pretty ****ing crazy this time. Sorry I harped on you about how to improve in smash, but if you really would like to improve I feel you have a decent understanding of how spacing works and I think you could do it.

Craig - Your title of Bowser's Biggest Blast and Avalanche king are gone. Get owned. I am interested in Arkham Horror, so we should try to get that going this semester. Let me know when you are moving in and I can show you how we really get down at Purdue.

Matt - Haha my plan of keeping you trapped in my cold, dark basement has worked perfectly. I slept, while you writhed in discomfort. Also, I did tell my mom thank you for you. She also did say you were only one that she could name. Probably because all white people look the same.

On a serious note, that 2nd paragraph does mean a lot to me. I am sad that you feel the ship has sailed on smash, but I have come to realize trying to convince/force people to practice is almost a fruitless effort (not really talking about you in particular). It is fun playing you though, you play much different than everyone else I get to play, I'm always down to play if you come down more.

Scott - I'm glad you decided to come down. I hope you did good on your test, since you hung out all weekend with us :p

I'm moving in the 3rd or 4th, so people at Purdue should hit me up if they wanna hang out.

Also the list of people in our room at FC looks like this:

Me, Jason, Anthony, Jay, Fro, Craig, Voorhese.

Let me know if you are on the list and want off and vice-versa.

'Fro

Smash Lord
On a serious note, that 2nd paragraph does mean a lot to me. I am sad that you feel the ship has sailed on smash, but I have come to realize trying to convince/force people to practice is almost a fruitless effort (not really talking about you in particular). It is fun playing you though, you play much different than everyone else I get to play, I'm always down to play if you come down more.

Also the list of people in our room at FC looks like this:

Me, Jason, Anthony, Jay, Fro, Craig, Voorhese.

Let me know if you are on the list and want off and vice-versa.
Shoutouts to that hard work.

Also, I did end up booking a room because 7 people in one room sounded nuts. Well, it's doable for Smashing and hanging out, but sleeping that many in there sounded too much. We can figure out how we would split costs and such when we all get there.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
Sup yall. I haven't played smash in a very long time. but i'm gonna be back at purdue in the fall... do you guys play a lot down there. i'm trying to get back into it

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Scottson! I'm glad you decided to come down with us. I didn't think you'd want to, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Lol, I always enjoy hanging out with you guys. There's never a time when I wouldn't want to. It's just that all the fun, extraneous things we do involve dollar signs, and I absolutely have to have discipline in that area because I used to just throw money down the drain. If I ever quit magic, then I will have plenty of walking-around money.

Top Bottom