• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
So I am going to be picking up Jason from the airport the Saturday before FC, so someone is going to have to drive the people going from Lafayette. I think Jay said he would drive, but don't quote me on that one.

Also, I am gonna be moving in Sunday or Monday, so get ready to party.

Mr H

Smash Ace
im not sure im going to go to fc unless i find a decent teammate by the deadline tomorrow. **** you jay for johning out </3 you broke my heart

'Fro

Smash Lord
FC's gonna suck anyway half of the tournament is gonna get kicked out for improper use of language.
Master of johns already in there?

Also, if Jay isn't driving.... I have no clue how I'm getting to South Bend. I'll look at transport options once I finish my final in the morning.

'Fro

Smash Lord
FC's gonna suck anyway half of the tournament is gonna get kicked out for improper use of language.

Also, if Jay isn't driving.... I have no clue how I'm getting to South Bend. I'll look at transport options once I finish my final in the morning.

EDIT: Whoops, doubles.

BIG C

Smash Master

EDIT: Whoops, doubles.
dude, it's in the info packet you can be kicked out for saying **** or gay and basically anything they don't like. I'm sorry that I appreciate my constitutional rights too much to support the tourny.

I'm not going because I am unemployed, have no money, and can't support those rules. Also, it's not at the church for free housing.

Mr H

Smash Ace
I am here to report 'Fro's apartment was actually clean
he are the grades
Living room 8/10
Kitchen 6/10
His room ?/10
Anthony's room 6/10
to conclude my report i would like to congratulate fro on this major accomplishment.
Well done man. You have made me proud.

On a side note I am now moved in

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
What's up Indiana!

There's this tournament in called The Big House 2 in MI on October 6-7th. You may have been to the last one, or at least heard stories of how well the tournament was run. This time will be bigger and better than ever.

Online registration is required this time around. The first 25 to register for this event will get free t-shirts, and I'm told that there are still plenty of t-shirts left. We also already have registrants from six different states: MI, OH, PA, IL, MA, CA.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask in the thread itself. The Big House 2 staff will try to answer asap. Also make sure to visit the Facebook event page (invite anyone who you think may be interested), and the umsmash website where all of the registration is taking place.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
We don't even get a personalized message, just some form letter. Gonna have to whoop on some MI people and teach them some respect.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
You guys need to give me updates during the tourney this weekend. Anthony, I really wanna watch you play your pools and bracket matches. :(

If I don't talk to you guys beforehand, good luck!

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Well I don't know most of you guys to personalize a message, I just wanted to put as much info as possible into one post. And Juggleguy didn't give us a form to go by.
Haha no worries, I was just bustin your chops. Purdue sent a car to the last one and we will definitely be sending a car (or maybe 2!?!?) to this one. Don't have to worry about us.

Matt Breadman said:
Anthony, I really wanna watch you play your pools and bracket matches.
You know what to do boiiiiiiiiiiii

'Fro

Smash Lord
So I might just book a Greyhound or Amtrak to get over there. However, I gotta ask: Is anyone gonna be coming back to Lafayette after the tourney? Just wanna know so I don't unnecessarily book a round trip.

EDIT: Never mind, got a round trip. If any of you nice gents could drop me off at the station on Tuesday, though, that would be cool.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I'll be putting together the schedule later today or relatively early tomorrow, depending upon my force of will and this awesome cold of mine. Of special note is that we'll likely be holding the tournies split between the apartments of myself/'Fro and Lance/Jason for maximum hilarity. If this is an issue for anyone at all, please post your thoughts on the matter.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Once every 3/4 tourneys have an extension to a 2 day tournament, with more events. Like pokemon (I'll own you again Jay), worms, and competitive alcohol consumption immediately followed by Tetris.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I play Tetris when I'm bored. I'm not very good (usually less than 50 lines a game). It is still fun. I am faster than Voorhese at Tetris. Enough short sentences.

Icyo

Smash Ace
I'll be putting together the schedule later today or relatively early tomorrow, depending upon my force of will and this awesome cold of mine. Of special note is that we'll likely be holding the tournies split between the apartments of myself/'Fro and Lance/Jason for maximum hilarity. If this is an issue for anyone at all, please post your thoughts on the matter.
Where are these apartments?

Mr H

Smash Ace
If this is an issue for anyone at all, please post your thoughts on the matter.
we should put everyone in losers bracket in the other apartment. That way i get to spend the least amount of time with Jason at these things. Jason likes too much **** on his chin for me to be comfortable hanging around with anymore

Top Bottom