• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
See you guys tomorrow, coming from Indianapolis, representing GameReapers

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
Results???????????
I know the people's RL names, but not their online ones so I can't say without disclosing personal information.

But I can say that I easily came dead last, and Project: M is the most fun I've ever had playing a Brawl hack.

Next time I'll try to bring some people from GameReapers. Goal is to bring:
- Drip
- Krow and/or Echo (different ppl, bout the same lvl of play)
- Ninja

And to the guy that one the tourney: Krow is the one who acts like he doesn't know how to play. Show him that he's not lying.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Results???????????
As far as I know (I had out-of-tourney johns), PM singles went:

1. LE (Charizard?)
2. Brett aka Bees (Bowser)
3. Lance (Mario?)
4. Killacam aka Cameron (Lucario)

LE won Melee singles as well.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'll see about coming to the next one to challenge for the dead-last position. I had to leave town unexpectedly Friday night. :(

'Fro

Smash Lord
I know the people's RL names, but not their online ones so I can't say without disclosing personal information.

But I can say that I easily came dead last, and Project: M is the most fun I've ever had playing a Brawl hack.

Next time I'll try to bring some people from GameReapers. Goal is to bring:
- Drip
- Krow and/or Echo (different ppl, bout the same lvl of play)
- Ninja

And to the guy that one the tourney: Krow is the one who acts like he doesn't know how to play. Show him that he's not lying.
Hey man, I'm glad you enjoyed your time here! I'll be sure to keep my schedule clean for upcoming tourneys, so hopefully that means I'll get to hang with your crew as well!

EDIT: Also, ORLY knows us all personally, so no issues there

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
SSBO: MLS II Results

Melee Teams (3 teams)
1: Lance + Jayford ($12.00)
2: CunningKitsune + Cameron
3: Little England + Beeeeeeeees

Melee Singles (5 participants)
1: Little England ($9.00)
2: Lanceinthepants ($5.00)

3: Jayford
4: War Hippy
5: Beeeeeeeees

Project: M Teams (3 teams)
1: Lance + Beeeeeeeees ($6.00)
2: Little England + Cameron
3: CunningKitsune + Jayford

Project: M Singles (7 participants)
1: Little England ($7.00)
2: Beeeeeeeees
3: Lanceinthepants
4: Cameron
5: War Hippy
5: Jayford
7: Ya Dad

Total SSBO: MLS II Circuit Take: $26.00

SSBO: MLS Circuit Standings (Post-SSBO: MLS II)
1: Little England - 150
2: Lanceinthepants - 100
3: 'Fro - 45
4: WarHippy - 30
5: Jayford - 10
5: Bryan - 10
5: Tak - 10
8: Dakota - 5

Current Circuit Pot (2 tournaments): $46.00

Our next event, SSBO: MLS III, is scheduled for September 15.

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
Change of Venue for SSBO: MLS III and All Future SSBOs

So thanks to Ahmed's efforts, we will now be hosting SSBOs at Beering Hall, Room 1230. For any group members not familiar with campus, I have provided a link in the first post to a map that indicates Beering Hall (BRNG) and nearby available parking (PGU). If anyone has any questions or requires further clarification, PM either CunningKitsune or 'Fro.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
i'm also a little curious about p:m characters

who do you use in p:m, jason?
Jason (Charizard/Wario)
Beeees (Bowser)
Lance (Mario/Falcon)
Cameron (Lucario)
War Hippy (Peach)
Jayford (Sonic)
Ya_Dad (Mario/DK)

Also, the skill gap between me and Jason is bigger than it has ever been. This semester will be fun.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
WarHippy (Lucas)
Fikst

10lucas

So thanks to Ahmed's efforts, we will now be hosting SSBOs at Beering Hall, Room 1230. For any group members not familiar with campus, I have provided a link in the first post to a map that indicates Beering Hall (BRNG) and nearby available parking (PGU). If anyone has any questions or requires further clarification, PM either CunningKitsune or 'Fro.
I have a few guesses, but what exactly is the purpose of moving the tourny to campus? (And thus requiring all the equipment moving)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Fun times this weekend!

Yes, it's nearly midnight over here as I'm typing this, but I just woke up from like a four hour nap, so it's all good, lulz.

Jacob, Crrrrgy, and Adam, thanks for lettin' me stay at your guys' place this weekend. That apartment's too good! That outside median can suck my **** though.

Crrrrrrrg, I'm super glad you're enjoying Dark Souls!!! Also, I'll give you some final parting advice. Don't see this as cheating or anything. Think of it as a...going away tidbit. Anyway, it may end up not being a terrible idea to seek out the blacksmith to take advantage of his weapon modification abilities. :bee: Capice? Granted, you were already rolling nubs while you invaded them as a black phantom, and I'd hate to think that they'd have an even less chance of beating you this way, but I feel it'll make things more enjoyable for you if you knew this.

Also, Melee teams was fun this weekend. They were pretty even which always makes it more fun in my book. Also, I am now officially CRT-less, so it seems my Gamecube days are over. :urg:

Also, I had a dream that we were playing Puerto Rico and Scottson for one reason or other was allowed to start with three corn and with colonists occupying them. :dizzy: Not fair, man, not fair....

Next time I'll get dat Walmart chicken, Scott.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Also, I had a dream that we were playing Puerto Rico and Scottson for one reason or other was allowed to start with three corn and with colonists occupying them. :dizzy: Not fair, man, not fair....

Next time I'll get dat Walmart chicken, Scott.
Hey, if you had never read the rules then your dream could have been a reality.

Also, the chance of us going on a walmart run half and hour before midnight again are about as good as me playing Dark Souls.

On an unrelated note, I have lost my A/V cables for my PS3. I've looked all over my apartment and in my car, so I think the only other place they could be is in Fro's apartment :scared:

Lol, jk Fro. But I'm serious about losing the cables Matt. I had a couple hours set aside to get the game started when the hunt for the cables began.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Also, the chance of us going on a walmart run half and hour before midnight again are about as good as me playing Dark Souls.
Oh sweet. Cuz dem chicken breasts sound goooood! :bee:

But I'm serious about losing the cables Matt. I had a couple hours set aside to get the game started when the hunt for the cables began.
Noo! Someone hook this poor kid with some cables stat!

I'm craving for some Project M!
I'm boycotting that game until they make my bubblicious a playable character. But yeah, I'd like to give that game another whirl sometime.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
lol ya Lance said he's gunna start a new character file too. XD
Haha, nice. That's what I like to hear! I was startin' to get worried about your guys' choice of video games these days. ;)

However, no one's outta the rough just yet because given everyone's past history, I'm only expecting one of the five or so people playing to actually finish it. >_>

Also, I'm thinking about coming down to hang this weekend (Friday night to Sunday night) since fat brain's wedding is this Saturday. I need to know if this is good for everyone and if I'll have a place to stay. Otherwise, I'll simply go down Saturday and come back after the wedding. Let me knowww

Mr H

Smash Ace
Also, I'm thinking about coming down to hang this weekend (Friday night to Sunday night) since fat brain's wedding is this Saturday. I need to know if this is good for everyone and if I'll have a place to stay. Otherwise, I'll simply go down Saturday and come back after the wedding. Let me knowww
im down to hang and your welcome to stay at my place but i work fri sat sun mon @_@ so il be gone every morning till 10:30 am and will need to go to bed early lol

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Yea I was thinking about starting a new character. I would need to use Adam's PS3 though, so Craig would have less time to play compared to what he already has.

Corey, you should see about setting up a double date with your fiancee and then Tak and Jay. They are a cute couple

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Some really ****ed up **** happened today, and I highly doubt I will be in the mood to hang out this weekend. If anything changes I'll let you guys know.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Sorry, I didn't mean to make the thread feel awkward. First person to post something funny gets 10 pts.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Hey, guys. The thread title is gonna be changed with this info later on, but I just wanted to give a heads up before I leave for class:

SSBO WILL NOT BE HELD ON CAMPUS! As it turns out, no room on campus can be booked for later than 5pm on Saturday. Thus, SSBO will move back into the apartments of 111 Wiggins (ours as well as Lance and Jason's).

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys. The thread title is gonna be changed with this info later on, but I just wanted to give a heads up before I leave for class:

SSBO WILL NOT BE HELD ON CAMPUS! As it turns out, no room on campus can be booked for later than 5pm on Saturday. Thus, SSBO will move back into the apartments of 111 Wiggins (ours as well as Lance and Jason's).
Soooooooo...... Why is that a problem? The room can just be booked from Noon until 5pm and then we just stay there until some kid actually has the gall to try and kick us out (hint- that'll never happen). The labs are open until like 1am or so.

Also, no one ever answered my question as to why this move was trying to be made in the first place.

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
Glad I brought another guy from my group so that you peeps could show him the light. It definitely changed his perspective on Melee and life in general XD

I have another guy confirmed to come to the next tournament (shoutout to Jason), so it'll be me, Drip, and Damit. The only problem is, I was scheduled to be at "Brawl in the Hall" in Owingsville on the 29th, had it planned for a few weeks now. It's between that one and SSBO.

Top Bottom