• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
in order to say "whats new" in response to my post telling you to ignore it, and then you respond by saying "whats new" would hint you always ignore my posts, and would have no reason to randomly say "whats new" if you didnt know what my post said...ergo you do not always ignore my posts

DONE

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
in order to say "whats new" in response to my post telling you to ignore it, and then you respond by saying "whats new" would hint you always ignore my posts, and would have no reason to randomly say "whats new" if you didnt know what my post said...ergo you do not always ignore my posts

DONE
Voorhese he didn't ignore your post saying "ignore", because frankly that post was probably the most intelligible thing you have posted. I didn't have to reread it or anything

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Also, six more days until ULTIMATE HYPE! Marvel vs. Capcom 3, baby!
Hmmm... It was at pfgc today. I feel terrible though, because I went and it wasn't like melee at all. When I started melee I got 4 stocked by everybody and their sister. At SF I took a round off of almost everyone I played. I must be playing some easy character.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
I hear there is a tourny this sat.
incase Jason doesnt do teams, who else would want to team with me?

don't think many people here know me though

'Fro

Smash Lord

You would be surprised, Victor Jung-Yang aka Timerbomb aka super-fast space-animal player aka Houston Smasher. We just always wonder where you are when these are going down.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Hmmm... It was at pfgc today. I feel terrible though, because I went and it wasn't like melee at all. When I started melee I got 4 stocked by everybody and their sister. At SF I took a round off of almost everyone I played. I must be playing some easy character.
The collective skill level at Melee around here is higher than that of SF, if you ask me. Also, impatience against Gief is a sad, common trait, which can get you piledriven quite a bit. All it takes is one hole in the combo.

Also, though, you had started learning to use some stuff pretty well last time we played, like standing medium punch and EX green hand.

Also also, playing Marvel at PFGC today was HYPE! (Modded 360, for those who were wondering how) The game looks and plays awesome. Just needs some re-adjustment time from other games. *starts singing the Spider-Man theme*

Double post, no reason required.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
The collective skill level at Melee around here is higher than that of SF, if you ask me. Also, impatience against Gief is a sad, common trait, which can get you piledriven quite a bit. All it takes is one hole in the combo.

Also, though, you had started learning to use some stuff pretty well last time we played, like standing medium punch and EX green hand.
I suppose I joined melee pretty late in the game. I was getting pretty good with the spd's. People started playfully johning about my spds and my ultra. I think that's a good sign. I even took a round or two off of a seth and almost took one from a sagat. (tough matchups)

I just know I hate it when people who have hardly played melee come in with easy to use characters and do decent/well against me. I feel like that guy.

Is there anything I can do if I know an opponent will use a specific AA if I jump? I'm thinking about trying to jump just out of range and try to spd the hitbox. If the bait doesn't work I can footsie with med punch.

I've also been playing melee too, tonight should be good.

goosefactor

Smash Lord

Yeah, make sure you show up, Timer! I have yet to play you. I hear your spacies are like on crack or somethin' O_O

Lance, I wanna come too. :(

'Fro

Smash Lord
1. I suppose I joined melee pretty late in the game. I was getting pretty good with the spd's. People started playfully johning about my spds and my ultra. I think that's a good sign. I even took a round or two off of a seth and almost took one from a sagat. (tough matchups)

2. I just know I hate it when people who have hardly played melee come in with easy to use characters and do decent/well against me. I feel like that guy.

3. Is there anything I can do if I know an opponent will use a specific AA if I jump? I'm thinking about trying to jump just out of range and try to spd the hitbox. If the bait doesn't work I can footsie with med punch.
1. Good stuff! Just be sure to remember how you spaced those characters to get in those SPDs.

2. Discard this immediately. Zangief is not easy to play in the slightest. If your opponent walks into SPDs, it's their fault for getting close to a frickin' grappler.

3. That's an idea, but it's risky. Preferably, try not to jump at all and get in with medium punch > light kick> ex green hand or something. Don't jump unless you have a read or if it gets you a little closer without risk of getting AA'd. You may have a huge life bar, but you don't want to just keep losing life for nothing.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
You would be surprised, Victor Jung-Yang aka Timerbomb aka super-fast space-animal player aka Houston Smasher. We just always wonder where you are when these are going down.
haha ok but you don't count, you were one of the first people i met

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Rofl, Craig.

Also, Anthony and I should be in a tad before 1 tomorrow/Saturday, so you *****es better be ready.

Mr H

Smash Ace
i probably will make it to ssbo this weekend. chances are looking good at least. who wants to team???

also
the real reason im posting is b/c there is an angry korean kid sitting at the table across from me in the campus lounge and all he has done for the last 20 mins is yell at starcraft and im laughing my *** off

edit: now his mom called and he is still yelling at starcraft while on the phone lol
this just keeps getting better and better

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Man, these are the kinds of things I missed because I was always camping the deep corners of the library when I was on campus. There were times when I seriously thought I was the only one alive in the world cuz it was so quite, and I had zero contact with the outside world for hours on end.

Josh, your nub-*** memory card prolly doesn't even have all the chars or levels unlocked.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
1. Good stuff! Just be sure to remember how you spaced those characters to get in those SPDs.
It was funny though. That sagat spammed me like no other. A friend who was there said: "Is this a fighting game or a platformer?" and it made me laugh. I just feel like I need to learn to vortex. I'll spend like 20secs just trying to get in, and when I finally do I spd them and then they get away. :(

an argument about evolution is breaking out in front of me in a computer lab...
PANSPERMIA VS ABIOGENISIS!!!

EDIT: Good and bad news. My chances of making doubles have significantly decreased. My chances of making singles have significantly increased. There is a possibility I will make both. There is a possibility I will make neither... I guess we'll just see.

Fro: I want to see this at the next pfgc meeting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ2nT5FPhbE&feature=player_embedded

'Fro

Smash Lord
It was funny though. That sagat spammed me like no other. A friend who was there said: "Is this a fighting game or a platformer?" and it made me laugh. I just feel like I need to learn to vortex. I'll spend like 20secs just trying to get in, and when I finally do I spd them and then they get away. :(
Do two things:
1. Get down, with absolute precision, green-hand after an SPD to close the distance.

2. When you're mixing up, try to get in close enough to land the atomic suplex (360 + k). That move knocks them down close to you in an untechable state, leaving them open to a cross-up set up with either body splash or knee drop, which would follow into a combo or another grab mix-up.

Top Bottom