• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I would excuse ckit from attendance if he had massive HIV as well.

I'll be going as long as someone picks up my shift.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Happy Birthday Fro!! :D

First impressions of MvC3...

This game is so pretty!

This game is too fun!

This game has hella depth!

I enjoy Trish the most so far out of all the characters I've played followed by Doom and Storm! :D

Dante is top tier!

Every point I make about this game requires an exclamation point!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I had tonz of fun this weekend, *****es.

Man, I played a LOT of Smash this weekend. I'm not too sure how I feel about that, lol.

Jason, like always, I really enjoyed all of our matches (well, maybe not so much the ones of the tourney, rofl). It's weird, I've actually been seeing improvement (albeit in very small increments) over the past couple of months, and I contribute most of that from playing you (and that Cunning choob, and all the other choobs out there). We'll see, hopefully this continues though!

Lance, you're improving. Many of my gay, predictable parlor tricks that I like to do only on you don't work that well anymore. I'm glad. Keep it up.

Jay, you escaped my Bubblicious once again. Count your blessings!

Jason, go to bed. You have a 7:30, you cob.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Everyone's so hyped about MvC3 that it makes me want to play it.... ... But I refuse! ... for now. I want to get decent at either smash or SF before I start another game.

voorhese

Smash Master
oh yeah, im coming to purdue on the 20th for fafsa, ill prolly be up for smash if we have time

and to all the chicago kids lurkin on the thread, on may 20th ill be down in chicago for like 3 days, and i want to get better so...

DracoFox

Smash Ace
If Kit is going to the tournament, then I may consider coming as well. On other news, Mortal Kombat 9 is looking too damn smexy for me. I'll look into getting MvC3 some time soon, but MK9 will be winning me over when it comes out.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
*After picking the Daily Double*

Alex Trebek: "What are you going to wager?"

Watson: "I'LL WAGER $6,435"

Alex Trebek: "...I won't ask...."

Priceless.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Heh, I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering if the amount of question marks represented how unsure he was.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Aww damn. I missed 2 days of Watson, AND forgot to pick up MVC3 on release day.
All because I go caught up in some dumb programming group project thingy.

Something must be wrong with me.
I'm NEVER this attentive to schoolwork. =P

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Just want everyone to confirm it for me since I've never played. FFVII is worth the $10 in the ps store even today? I've heard it's amazing, but amazing for the 90s and amazing today are different things sometimes. sometimes. sometimes they are just classics.

Voorhese we might be able to. and if you bring a ps3 stick I'll play SF with you too. Unless you'd rather use one of my janky pads.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Just want everyone to confirm it for me since I've never played. FFVII is worth the $10 in the ps store even today? I've heard it's amazing, but amazing for the 90s and amazing today are different things sometimes. sometimes. sometimes they are just classics.
Let's put it this way, finding a used copy will still run you around $40.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
you need a drink at 8:30 am??
Yes. I got THAT worked up. I was on the verge of hyperventilating, and, well, I just assumed alcohol would make it better.

ive never played ff7 so take another shot for me XD
Yes, it definitely looks like another shot is in order.

You guys are killing my liver. I hope you know that.

And I'm pretty sure we just hit your alcohol tolerance with that. =P
If it's that terrible, terrible stuff that you drink, Corey's alone would've done that.

Guys I'm planning out my midwest travels.

What are you doing during spring break?
The weekend of March 5th seems to be the only good weekend for me. I believe that's a week before their Spring Break though, so I dunno. :/

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I haven't played

FF

Have fun! :bee:;)

March 5th is also smym. idk if that's good or bad news.

Also, I want some ideas for my research, so I'm mooching off of you guys, no response required. I certainly already have my ideas, but I want to know what other people think on the topic so my paper covers things I might not have considered myself. Why do you think some people don't find find some jokes funny. no long responses required. just like: "it could be offensive, it could be too complicated for them, it could be something they don't relate to, etc" it'd be a help, I have to submit my abstract to the conference in a couple weeks and I want to be sure it's ready to meet a a bunch of different angles.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I haven't played

FF

Have fun! :bee:;)

March 5th is also smym. idk if that's good or bad news.

Also, I want some ideas for my research, so I'm mooching off of you guys, no response required. I certainly already have my ideas, but I want to know what other people think on the topic so my paper covers things I might not have considered myself. Why do you think some people don't find find some jokes funny. no long responses required. just like: "it could be offensive, it could be too complicated for them, it could be something they don't relate to, etc" it'd be a help, I have to submit my abstract to the conference in a couple weeks and I want to be sure it's ready to meet a a bunch of different angles.
*mourns dead Matt*

Anyway, for your topic, mostly I would think it's because they find it offensive personally, that it doesn't suit their personal taste for humor, or that it is told in the wrong context or with bad timing.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
i think that the more offensive a joke is, the funnier it is. laughter is an internal mechanism to defuse anxiety.

Also, I'm getting so pumped for pound 5. The hype is getting to me. Good luck Lance, rep the due crew hard!! If you wanna get some last minute practice in tomorrow, hit me up. I have exam johns tonight.

Mr H

Smash Ace
each joke has a certain audience and has to be relate-able to that audience. if told to the wrong audience or group then it becomes not funny

i liked 10 the best just because of the gameplay and the character development system. Matt knows what im talking abouttttt (i still have ur memory card from when i was 9)
i have like 4 copies of 10 and a copy of 7 u could borrow if u want

Top Bottom