• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
omg that's some major inspiration (despite rubbing my lack of tech skill in my face).
josh u have a lack of tech skill because you do not practice it, no buddy learned to add wave dashing and l cancling to there game simply by thinking about it, u gotta practice it until it becomes first nature to where u dont have to think about it only then can you add it to your game plan. If you have to stop in your thought process and say im going to wave dash now then your its not first nature

voorhese

Smash Master
josh u have a lack of tech skill because you do not practice it, no buddy learned to add wave dashing and l cancling to there game simply by thinking about it, u gotta practice it until it becomes first nature to where u dont have to think about it only then can you add it to your game plan. If you have to stop in your thought process and say im going to wave dash now then your its not first nature
this is true, i spent like 7-8hours a day learning tech skill when i was first introduced to it

that was back in my dorf days, if i still practiced like that i would be recockulous

Jayford

Smash Lord
u got ur dazzle to work on windows 7? i cant get pinnacle studio to work, so i cant record. i got it to work on windows vista fine tho please tell me!
It only works with Windows 7 32bit. I used some random exe off the internet to install it lmao. I can give it to you next time I see you. Or if I can find the link I'll send it to you.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
very true

this is true, i spent like 7-8hours a day learning tech skill when i was first introduced to it

that was back in my dorf days, if i still practiced like that i would be recockulous
you still do voorhese, its ok to admit it

voorhese

Smash Master
you still do voorhese, its ok to admit it
nope, i practice about 1 hour per weekend now, and thats about it. unless i feel like i prolly suck then i practice for a half hour

edit: of course now that i work and my hands get oil/gas/dirt all over them, ive been afraid to play with my controller lol

kirkq

Smash Ace
^Huge Voorhese post. You managed one period.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Not to be presumptuous, but is your avatar telling me you also play Street Fighter?
Uh oh!!! Looks like with might have a Street Fighter community within this crew. Looks like I'll have to actually start practicing. Besides, I've got a new method to learn for Guile. I can explain that later.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Hello Purdue Smashers. I might be here in the upcoming school year. I'm surprised that you guys have a scene. I hope it stays stong! =D
I hope you are here, and I think the scene will be around for a while. A lot of our seniors are going into grad school at Purdue, so we aren't losing them. Oh and I agree with microwave, nice falco.

Hax's 3rd stock is typical me fighting sheik.

Uh oh!!! Looks like with might have a Street Fighter community within this crew. Looks like I'll have to actually start practicing. Besides, I've got a new method to learn for Guile. I can explain that later.
Yeah, I just got a ps3, so..... I think I'll be trying that out.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Double post because I read an extra page back.

Well, I don't know about you guys. I am up for a 3 player co-op in Demon's Souls very soon. What is your soul level at now Goose?
That sounds like a lot of fun. I just started dealing damage last night, so I might actually be useful. I'm level 44 atm.
Last I heard, he was at 45 ... and still didn't have internet.
Corey got through the first level last night, and we beat Tower Knight and Armor Spider, though ...
So we might have to replace Matt with a more active Demon's Souler. =P
lets call it a substitution and we can have multiple switches to get everyone in on it.
Cory makes a very good tank when he's not trapping you next to a fire lizard on a narrow walkway. XD
I was tanking very well as you got killed by some silly gecko, then I cleaned up your mess. :)

lol. I blame the narrow passage ways.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Heh, yeah, the whole lack of internet thing has been annoying the crap outta me.

Umm, I'm soul level 74, I believe. It's mainly that high now because of my strong desire to always level grind, and because trying to progress through the game is just too stressful for me :(

Also, I'll be coming in this evening 'round 9-ish.

Alan, your pic made me laf.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Would that happen to involve charging back-down and launching crap-tons of sonic booms?

Also, just a word of caution: Watch out for Abel players. They can rock Guile's pokes very handily with focus dash-ins to tornado throws.

Another handy tool: use Guile's air throw when going air-to-air. It can beat out most aerials and other air throws.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Would that happen to involve charging back-down and launching crap-tons of sonic booms?

Also, just a word of caution: Watch out for Abel players. They can rock Guile's pokes very handily with focus dash-ins to tornado throws.

Another handy tool: use Guile's air throw when going air-to-air. It can beat out most aerials and other air throws.
Yup, that sums it all up for Guile, but I am sure you already knew what I needed to be working with in the first place.<(⌐-⌐ ) I can always go with my Blanka as a back up.

Other news, I start working Monday AND I am finally going to be getting retro payments from unemployment. Bad news is that I will eventually end up working 6pm-3am down the road. So I sadly say this, but the Smash scene will most likely be a down hill for me now.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
As I was reading that I was thinking.... "Isn't that exactly what Fro told me to do?"

Other news, I start working Monday AND I am finally going to be getting retro payments from unemployment. Bad news is that I will eventually end up working 6pm-3am down the road. So I sadly say this, but the Smash scene will most likely be a down hill for me now.
Congrats on the Job! those are hard to land these days. I'll play in the mornings with you! gimmie a text, I'm usually up by 9.

Oh and lance, I'm pretty sure I've listened to that Double Rainbow song at least 15 times by now. I play it 2-3+ times every time I get on the internet.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
That's good to hear, dude (well, about the employment thing, not the Smash thing :p). On a related note, I have finally started with CVS, so we'll see how available I will be for the rest of the summer. Hopefully, I'll only have three or so shifts during the week, but this is of course the ideal situation. I would rather not have to miss any S3BO's, but at this point I have to take any available opportunity to make headway on these unpaid hours. =/

For the record, I have no idea what prompted me to post about something other than SSBO/S3BO results for the first time in like 234908509437743096709437 years. Maybe it's a subconscious desire to taunt Matt for his lack of internet while I enjoy the freedom of a wireless, high-speed connection provided by a functional router.

Internet.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
For the record, I have no idea what prompted me to post about something other than SSBO/S3BO results for the first time in like 234908509437743096709437 years. Maybe it's a subconscious desire to taunt Matt for his lack of internet while I enjoy the freedom of a wireless, high-speed connection provided by a functional router.

Internet.
I hate you.

But I'm pretty sure it'll be up and running by the time I get back from Purdue this weekend. At least it better be or heads will be rolling. :mad:

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I went to a game store in Iowa. All of the games smelled like vomit. Also, Dan is my best character in SSF4 lmao. He is kinda under rated tho >.>
Sorry to hear about the vomit store, but I will agree with you about Dan. Though I mainly like to jump and taunt most of the time.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
So despite what I said in my last post, I won't be attending this S3BO in its entirety as I will be heading out with Matt and 'Fro to a family function of Matt's. lol With that said, I will have just enough time to set things up and get the tourney going, so one of you guys will need to keep it running and deal with tournament and challenge results in my absence. The first name that came to mind for that was Skylar's, so just let me know whether or not you would be cool with that, Skylar. Matt doesn't anticipate us being at the function for all that long, so we will be able to participate in any shenanigans not too much later in the day. heh

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So despite what I said in my last post, I won't be attending this S3BO in its entirety as I will be heading out with Matt and 'Fro to a family function of Matt's. lol With that said, I will have just enough time to set things up and get the tourney going, so one of you guys will need to keep it running and deal with tournament and challenge results in my absence. The first name that came to mind for that was Skylar's, so just let me know whether or not you would be cool with that, Skylar. Matt doesn't anticipate us being at the function for all that long, so we will be able to participate in any shenanigans not too much later in the day. heh
Will matt and fro be back for singles? I want to see an epic showdown for my special entry fee we discussed at pizza king last time. Although this would be a great opportunity for DJ to make a go at it...

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
We may be doing singles first cory. It depends on what everyone wants to do. Fro was/is my teams partner and if he has to leave right when we start I definatly vote for singles first. Either way I do not care. Im just sad theres like a giant johns fest going on the same day.

Mr H

Smash Ace
i like how matt tells me that i really need to come. then he isnt going to be there for it
what a ****

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Dude, Craig, my total trip down here will be lasting like 4 1/2 days, and I'll be gone for half a day. Plus, the SSBO will probably be more fun without us there anyway (but Cory, I DO wanna see what the prize is. Wait a second, I'm currently home alone at Skylars, and I remember him saying that it was in the freezer. Let's take a little looksee, shall we?....Hmm, there's ice cream which I don't think is the prize cuz it's already been opened, and there's....WTFFFFF?! Uh, I'm not too sure what I'd do with that especially driving home with it....F'n Cory, lol), so it's not even a big deal. We'll be back in time to do stuff at night, so take a chill pill.

-Goosey

'Fro

Smash Lord
All there is to it is that Matt is lucky. I was gonna win that epic prize by any means necessary. As it stands now, I'm just gonna have to knock out the winner of the tourney and steal it from him.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Yeah I play 3rd strike and sf4. 3s is my preference cause its amazing.

Thanks for the compliments guys. :D
Double post because it's Street Fighter. Dude, I play both of those, too! I main Ryu in both games, and in 3S, Ryu vs. Dudley is easily my favorite match-up to play! Brute force central!

EDIT: Jay, understand that Dan sucks. However, sucking in SSFIV is not akin to sucking in Melee. Dan is not Pichu. Heck, I wouldn't even say he's Pikachu bad. A SSF IV tier list recently made, which I have issues with as far as individual character placement, only went as far down as C tier, as opposed to Brawl's amazing G tier.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Dude, Craig, my total trip down here will be lasting like 4 1/2 days, and I'll be gone for half a day. Plus, the SSBO will probably be more fun without us there anyway (but Cory, I DO wanna see what the prize is. Wait a second, I'm currently home alone at Skylars, and I remember him saying that it was in the freezer. Let's take a little looksee, shall we?....Hmm, there's ice cream which I don't think is the prize cuz it's already been opened, and there's....WTFFFFF?! Uh, I'm not too sure what I'd do with that especially driving home with it....F'n Cory, lol), so it's not even a big deal. We'll be back in time to do stuff at night, so take a chill pill.

-Goosey
( ;^-^)> If I recall, the dark chocolate icecream in the fridge is mine. Though, Skylar did buy it for me so it is his call.

Jayford

Smash Lord
EDIT: Jay, understand that Dan sucks. However, sucking in SSFIV is not akin to sucking in Melee. Dan is not Pichu. Heck, I wouldn't even say he's Pikachu bad. A SSF IV tier list recently made, which I have issues with as far as individual character placement, only went as far down as C tier, as opposed to Brawl's amazing G tier.
Haha yeah, I know he isn't the best. But, it seems like that isn't to big of a deal in SSF4 : D. I just like him because he reminds me of myself lmao. SSF4 is more just to tide me over untill MvC3 : D. But, the more I play it and learn the advanced stuff like hit confirming and option selects the more I am really starting to love the game.

Top Bottom