• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Yeah, everything should be good for this weekend. Anthony and I will plan on getting there Friday evening. Be there or be square.

P.S. LIIT's may or may not have to be consumed this weekend.

P.S.S. Wait, wat?

goosefactor

Smash Lord

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Well, I highly doubt I will hang out with you guys this Saturday cause I have mandatory overtime for awhile. How about Sunday and we're going out to a place of my choice to celebrate my new job. If I hear any **** johns about that request, then GTFO.<(^-^ )

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I'll know by tomorrow (I know, I said the same thing yesterday, Anthony) whether I can pull that off. Even if I do, we won't be coming down until Friday evening opposed to the usual Thursday evening. Also, Skylar, I'll double check with Anthony to make sure it's alright, but I already mentioned to him that if we do come down we should stay at his place. Having to deal with us for that much amount of time during back to back weeks might drive you up the wall, especially since I could tell that you were more or less getting annoyed (completely understandable) towards the end of this week's affairs, heh.
Ahh ... well, if it falls through, you're welcome to stay over here again.
I WAS in somewhat of a bad mood by the end of last week ...
But it had very little to do with the smash community.

Had a bit of a stressful week.
Left me with a short fuse.
Sorry I spent the weekend *****ing. =P
I don't mean it, really.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I work on sat, but mostly in the morning, I should be able to make at least singles if not doubles. I'll check the exact hours when I go in today. I won't be able to stay late, because on sun we're going to my grandparent's house, this time my grandma's having health issues. Anyway, I no longer even partially regret buying a ps3, my 4 games are keeping me very pleased with the system (BFBC2; DS; AC2; & ssf4). Unfortunately, I haven't played much smash because of it, my training regimen mostly got wrecked once i bought the ps3, I'll see about practicing a bit more. That and they are finally giving me good hours at pappy's I got over 25 hours this week and expect the same the next week.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I work on sat, but mostly in the morning, I should be able to make at least singles if not doubles. I'll check the exact hours when I go in today. I won't be able to stay late, because on sun we're going to my grandparent's house, this time my grandma's having health issues. Anyway, I no longer even partially regret buying a ps3, my 4 games are keeping me very pleased with the system (BFBC2; DS; AC2; & ssf4). Unfortunately, I haven't played much smash because of it, my training regimen mostly got wrecked once i bought the ps3, I'll see about practicing a bit more. That and they are finally giving me good hours at pappy's I got over 25 hours this week and expect the same the next week.
At least your job hasn't put you close to 40hrs in 3 days. XD I still have 3 days to go and that is including today.
And sorry Crrrg, I do not think my place will be open to stay at for awhile.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ahh ... well, if it falls through, you're welcome to stay over here again.
I WAS in somewhat of a bad mood by the end of last week ...
But it had very little to do with the smash community.

Had a bit of a stressful week.
Left me with a short fuse.
Sorry I spent the weekend *****ing. =P
I don't mean it, really.
Nah, it's cool dude. Besides, I'm sure our staying there no doubt compounded your stress. I mean, I GUESS the constant humming of my favorite song from Final Fight just isn't for everyone (speaking of which, I need to relearn it cuz I forgot it :p). Also, of course if I can get the PS3 online at a reasonable time, we can co-op DS, but as it stands, let's aim for demolishing NG+ together.

Also, which regulars aren't going to be there this weekend? Let me know so I can john on your faces.

Also, I'll need a partner for this stupid thing.

Vro

Smash Lord
Anyone from Purdue want to make the trip to the Vro Zone this Saturday? Apparently Fluxwolf is bring PC Chris.

Also go to Sakurai 3!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yeah, I get off work at like 1is, so I should be good because these always start an hour late. So we are just planning to play through NG+ together? My electricity is being dumb, so hopefully I'll have use of my ps3 sometime soon, but for now I'm stuck at 48.

Mr H

Smash Ace
who is all actually going to Sakurai 3
im interested in going
Jay, washer and dryer?!

watzzzz da planz 4 2nitez brozzzz?!
il be in around 8

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
You guys ever have one of those moments where you realize what you have been practicing is nearly useless when you compare it to what you could easily implement into your game? yeah... I had one of those. Although I really hope I don't lose my tech skill by sat.

Will you guys wait until like 1:15-1:30 for dubs for me? if so, Fro, want to do team "I wish my fingers were fast enough to play this character" with me? (you falcon, I'll fox, we'll have a grand 'ol time.)

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
So we are just planning to play through NG+ together? My electricity is being dumb, so hopefully I'll have use of my ps3 sometime soon, but for now I'm stuck at 48.
That's gotta be what we're doing ... 'cause I've only got two levels left trying to catch up to Goose's ridiculously high level, and I only made it to 50 something so far. Matt ... how long did you spend grinding for tower of latria? XD

'Fro

Smash Lord
Will you guys wait until like 1:15-1:30 for dubs for me? if so, Fro, want to do team "I wish my fingers were fast enough to play this character" with me? (you falcon, I'll fox, we'll have a grand 'ol time.)
As far as waiting, that would be circumstantial, but I will team with you if it works out.

Also, Matt, we need to finish DKC 3 this weekend. I don't wanna any Ninja Gaiden johns to get you out of this, you hear?

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Couldn't hear the music ... sadly ...
But it's not like I don't know what Thunderstruck sounds like, I guess.
Epic moment, for sure.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
That's gotta be what we're doing ... 'cause I've only got two levels left trying to catch up to Goose's ridiculously high level, and I only made it to 50 something so far. Matt ... how long did you spend grinding for tower of latria? XD
Heh, I'm not too sure how much time I've invested. But I usually switch between Latria and 4-2. I get like 100k in one spot then I usually try to advance, get killed repeatedly while simultaneously developing heart attacks, and then find myself going to the other leveling spot. That's basically a typical session for me. Every ONCE IN A WHILE I'll actually beat a section and progress.

Also, Matt, we need to finish DKC 3 this weekend. I don't wanna any Ninja Gaiden johns to get you out of this, you hear?
OMG dude, I would never try to make johns to get me outta playin' that. That games rocks. I luuuuv hunting down and collecting the DK and banana coins! Also, miraculously, we haven't been at eachother's throats, and have actaully worked together quite well, so that naturally makes it that much more fun.

team WarGoose on the Loose?
I wouldn't have it any other way. We've never teamed before either, have we?

voorhese

Smash Master
lol ****, i just called off work....but i guess if im not gonna get to be team ****....ill team with limitz and **** **** anyway

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
My chances of going here just went up! If all goes as planned, I'll be unloading my bags in First Street Towers on Aug 23.

Looking forward to meeting you guys =D
You going to be attending purdue as a student? if so, major?

On DS I've still got a fair bit of levels to play through, but they are to scary to play alone, skylar you should help me. You get souls, and I can play with the lights out. :D

As for teams, yeah I can understand that, whatever happens happens, I'll try to get there asap just in case.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'll be a Technology Education major. I heard they have debt forgiveness in Tech. Edu. Basically, they excuse all your loans if you teach in a low income city for 2 years. Hopefully that increases my chances of going. haha

What dorms are you guys staying in?
is first street towers that new place across from harrison? i always forget what it was called

and that's pretty beast that you get to live there as a freshman, last i heard it was for upperclassman only lol

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I'll be a Technology Education major. I heard they have debt forgiveness in Tech. Edu. Basically, they excuse all your loans if you teach in a low income city for 2 years. Hopefully that increases my chances of going. haha

What dorms are you guys staying in?
Ill be at Cary, so like the opposite side of campus.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
So, I am on mandatory overtime... I've already hit 50+ hours this week, and it will continue to be this way for a couple of months. SOOOOO...... It looks like I will miss out on every tournament since Saturday is mandatory as well. I guess spending time with you guys on Sundays isn't so bad.

Kit, I've got some question to ask you in the medical field.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
So, I am on mandatory overtime... I've already hit 50+ hours this week, and it will continue to be this way for a couple of months. SOOOOO...... It looks like I will miss out on every tournament since Saturday is mandatory as well. I guess spending time with you guys on Sundays isn't so bad.
Bummer, but I assume all that overtime money is well worth it?

Top Bottom