• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

DracoFox

Smash Ace
That's odd... When did PS3 get Lost Odyssey, (english) Tales of Vesperia, and the Mass Effect games? Apparently, I'm not paying attention these days!

PS3's only advantage is Demon's Souls in the RPG department.
The point of the post was my opinion, or was it not clear enough? When I put Demon's Souls as one of the reasons, its was stating that the PS3 has something in which the 360 does not have.

mass effect is not really a RPG
Same as Boderlands and Fallout 3. They are just shoot'em up games to me. I would put Left for Dead in this follow up, but that is not even close to being a RPG. Then again, I still would pick a PC for a FPS, GRANTED that my computer can support it. Then I would find the means for an alternative. Thus leading to why I get it for my 360 over my PS3.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it's more of a tactical action/adv shooter with rpg elements, that's for sure.

definitely a good game!

i would recommend ps3 for onlines and buying someone's old rrod'd 360.
you can fix it, hax it, and get free xbox exclusives.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Daigo won EVO 2010, with Justin Wong's Teammate Ricky Ortiz getting runner-up. Third place went to Korean Champion Infiltration. Daigo was the one who beat Ricky both times, and claimed the championship without dropping a set.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Daigo won EVO 2010, with Justin Wong's Teammate Ricky Ortiz getting runner-up. Third place went to Korean Champion Infiltration. Daigo was the one who beat Ricky both times, and claimed the championship without dropping a set.
I was suprised with how well Ricky played. When I saw him at the NorCal Regional Qualifier I wasn't super impressed. Also I felt bad for Lamerboi. Playing 2 Dhalsims in a row must suck :( It was a pretty amazing tournament tho. I really want to try and go next year. Also, Fro we have to play more SSF4 this year >.>. I've actualy learned alot more about the game. I can do hit confirm stuff, cross ups, and kara throw traps with Ken now : D. So hopefully it won't be you just owning me next time we play lmao.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
That's odd... When did PS3 get Lost Odyssey, (english) Tales of Vesperia, and the Mass Effect games? Apparently, I'm not paying attention these days!

PS3's only advantage is Demon's Souls in the RPG department.
Tales of Vesperia might get released on PS3! I'm still hoping!
As fer Mass Effect, just play the PC version. It's a shooter.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i was hoping for infiltration to beat ricky ortiz, but..

Dazwa070 (1:14:27 AM): not even teleports can help a korean escape an american's love for nachos

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
im back in logansport for a week so dont try to make any hidden or useless post cuz im going to be trolling non stop

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
So I was watching SportsCenter yesterday and some athlete who wasn't that good was talking ****(doesn't matter who):

so...

Announcer A: Baseball player #34(made up name XD) thinks he is hot stuff.
Announcer B: Who?
Announcer A: Exactly.

I LOLd so ****ing hard.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
LOL, that's hilarious, George.

This reminded me of something that happened the other day, but I forgot to post it since my internet's been down.

So last week I caught the end of an episode of Wheel of Fortune (don't ask), and the lady was trying to work out the final puzzle for the grand prize. With the letters that the show gives and the ones that she chose, the puzzle looked like this:

_ _ _ D

_ _ _ _ E S

And although the spaces don't match up completely (it's understandable since she only had 10 seconds to think), one of her guesses was "mind games". I laft pretty hard, but really wished that someone who got it was there to experience it with me, lol.

Oh, and FYI, the puzzle was "wind chimes".

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
LOL, that's hilarious, George.

This reminded me of something that happened the other day, but I forgot to post it since my internet's been down.

So last week I caught the end of an episode of Wheel of Fortune (don't ask), and the lady was trying to work out the final puzzle for the grand prize. With the letters that the show gives and the ones that she chose, the puzzle looked like this:

_ _ _ D

_ _ _ _ E S

And although the spaces don't match up completely (it's understandable since she only had 10 seconds to think), one of her guesses was "mind games". I laft pretty hard, but really wished that someone who got it was there to experience it with me, lol.

Oh, and FYI, the puzzle was "wind chimes".
i saw this episode of wheel of fortune i let out a chuckle

goosefactor

Smash Lord
LOL thats hilarious Matt. That reminds of the time you said you would meet up with us at a Vro Zone this summer, and then johned out both times!
LOL, that's hilarious, George. That reminds me of the time when Summer break for students enrolled in Columbia College lasted until August 16th, which in turn provided me with plently more chances of attending a Vro Zone. *sigh* Those were the good old days.

'Fro

Smash Lord
i was hoping for infiltration to beat ricky ortiz, but..

Dazwa070 (1:14:27 AM): not even teleports can help a korean escape an american's love for nachos
It could have gone either way in the Infiltration/Ortiz set. I wanted to see how Infiltration would do against Daigo, since the Akuma match-up used to be a trouble spot for him. Then again, that was against Momochi, who is just as good.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
One of the following
7.CNN (Nuonn)
8. Voorhese
9. Mr. H
10. Lanceinthepants
11. A.C._Burito

better be at this s3bo im challenging who ever you are Im not counting on all of you to be there but yeh be ready to be challanged

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Hangin with Purdue is fun again.

Does anyone here by chance play MechWarrior Living Legends?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know about you guys. I am up for a 3 player co-op in Demon's Souls very soon. What is your soul level at now Goose?

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Last I heard, he was at 45 ... and still didn't have internet.
Cory got through the first level last night, and we beat Tower Knight and Armor Spider, though ...
So we might have to replace Matt with a more active Demon's Souler. =P

Cory makes a very good tank when he's not trapping you next to a fire lizard on a narrow walkway. XD

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Last I heard, he was at 45 ... and still didn't have internet.
Cory got through the first level last night, and we beat Tower Knight and Armor Spider, though ...
So we might have to replace Matt with a more active Demon's Souler. =P

Cory makes a very good tank when he's not trapping you next to a fire lizard on a narrow walkway. XD
Inform me the next time when you guys are going to play.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
I look forward to it. My tech skill has gotten alot better lately, but I havent played against real ppl in a couple weeks. I think i might have a touch of the voorhese.
well i will be practicing to be in top shape for this hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mr H

Smash Ace
I got my Dazzle to work. So we'll have another recording set up. I'll be better at uploading too : D. If you were at the last s3b0 you know the reason why I didn't upload alot of vids lol.
u got ur dazzle to work on windows 7? i cant get pinnacle studio to work, so i cant record. i got it to work on windows vista fine tho please tell me!

Top Bottom