• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Jayford

Smash Lord
So I got bored and messed around with Falco again. I forgot how strong he is >.>. Everytime I hit someone with a strong nair or bair it was like the whole room would shake. He is so broken. I might have to start using him again lol.

Also, applying to grad school is stupid. So much stuff you have to do :(.

P.S. Everyone should buy No More Heroes 2. It's pretty much the best game on the Wii. And if you haven't played the orginal buy that too. Thats easily my 2nd favorite game on the Wii and one of my favorite games of all time.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So I got bored and messed around with Falco again. I forgot how strong he is >.>. Everytime I hit someone with a strong nair or bair it was like the whole room would shake. He is so broken. I might have to start using him again lol.
Stay with fox, I hate falcos. :cry:

Thats easily my 2nd favorite game on the Wii and one of my favorite games of all time.
1st?

Jayford

Smash Lord
Stay with fox, I hate falcos. :cry:

1st?
looool I'll probably end up sticking with Fox because even after like trying to play Falco forever my tech still is pretty lack luster.

Also, my favorite game on the Wii is No More Heroes 1. That might change after I finish 2 tho lol. If anyone wants to borrow the 1st one from me let me know. Because the game is pretty hit or miss, but if you like it then most likely you'll love it.

'Fro

Smash Lord
No More Heroes is really fun, but I just wish I didn't have to mow lawns and pick up trash between missions.

Also, Castlevania Chronicles is an ***-whooping of epic proportions. Super Castlevania IV was not this hard.

Also also, Castlevania: SotN is the most recycled game I have played in recent memory. The sheer amount of sprites that have been reused from this game in the follow-ups is astounding. Don't get me wrong, though: It is the premier Metroid-Vania for a reason. Alucard is amazing. I still want to play as Richter, though. Backflips, handsprings, air dashes.... Makes Simon look like a slug.

Jayford

Smash Lord
No More Heroes is really fun, but I just wish I didn't have to mow lawns and pick up trash between missions.
lol yeah some of the side jobs are pretty lame. Luckily you could just do side assasian jobs for money. The 2nd made all of the side jobs into 8bit mini games which makes alot of them pretty fun. One is a Rad Racer clone :D.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
GGs this weekend everyone. I'm just gonna have to go SSJ next tournament :D
Uh oh!! But like, doesn't there need to be another Krillin to kill off before you can transform? Let's see...another Krillin...someone who is annoying, sucks at what they do, contributes less than nothing to the grand scheme of things, and is always just there even though no one ever wants or asks for their presence in the first place.

Hmm....

Well Jay, I'd advise you to fill your gas tank up before you leave cuz Evansville is a healthy drive away.

voorhese

Smash Master
Uh oh!! But like, doesn't there need to be another Krillin to kill off before you can transform? Let's see...another Krillin...someone who is annoying, sucks at what they do, contributes less than nothing to the grand scheme of things, and is always just there even though no one ever wants or asks for their presence in the first place.

Hmm....

Well Jay, I'd advise you to fill your gas tank up before you leave cuz Evansville is a healthy drive away.
lol....not gonna lie i was expecting this to be blown my way

Jayford

Smash Lord

Hmm....

I started laughing pretty hard in my cubical lol.

10/10

DracoFox

Smash Ace
P.S. Everyone should buy No More Heroes 2. It's pretty much the best game on the Wii. And if you haven't played the orginal buy that too. Thats easily my 2nd favorite game on the Wii and one of my favorite games of all time.
How about I just watch someone playing the game, and then jerk off every time they need to recharge? Sorry, a game is destroyed for me for awhile when the hype is all that someone talks about. To reassure you, this is not your fault. My friends out of the smash crew don't know when to stfu.

Though, I'd like to thank you for the suggest you gave to Crrrg about Heavenly Guardian. It looks a lot like Pocky and Rocky. Now if people would just f'n seed.

Skylar,
Demon's Soul is too good. I just wish that I wouldn't die two times and lose the 10k+ souls that I had prior. And I think I accidental a boss the other day. Firelurker, you can beat him without getting hit and standing in one place. Not sure if you knew about that. Also, the Dragon God its too powerful, and yet a very good fight.
I don't know much beyond 1-4 and 2-4, except i did beat the some floating chick in 3-1. Am I playing this game out of turn, or does it even matter? Plus, I need help against the Penatrator in 1-4. That's the last person I tried to take on and get my *** beat badly.

Jayford

Smash Lord
How about I just watch someone playing the game, and then jerk off every time they need to recharge? Sorry, a game is destroyed for me for awhile when the hype is all that someone talks about. To reassure you, this is not your fault. My friends out of the smash crew don't know when to stfu.

Though, I'd like to thank you for the suggest you gave to Crrrg about Heavenly Guardian. It looks a lot like Pocky and Rocky. Now if people would just f'n seed.

Skylar,
Demon's Soul is too good. I just wish that I wouldn't die two times and lose the 10k+ souls that I had prior. And I think I accidental a boss the other day. Firelurker, you can beat him without getting hit and standing in one place. Not sure if you knew about that. Also, the Dragon God its too powerful, and yet a very good fight.
I don't know much beyond 1-4 and 2-4, except i did beat the some floating chick in 3-1. Am I playing this game out of turn, or does it even matter? Plus, I need help against the Penatrator in 1-4. That's the last person I tried to take on and get my *** beat badly.

Np. It was orginally supposed to be Pocky and Rocky 3, but the developers lost the rights torwards the end of development and they had to rename it :(.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Skylar,
Note: Minor Spoliers.

Ahaha ... yeah, you can glitch Flamelurker like that. It's kinda silly, but I've never been able to do it. Not like it matters anyway 'cause that boss fight is so straightforward. Still, he's quite a mile-marker in Game One.

Demon Dragon God is a fun fight when he's not goin' around 1-shotting you. XD

Umm ... there's no particular order, you're forced to go in, but the difficulty is roughly scaled so you do 1-4 after beating the other worlds (Considering how hard 1-5 is, it would probably **** you anyway =P). Just go around and try to beat all the ?-1 levels. Then the ?-2's and so on and so forth. The difficulty should scale roughly correctly. Each boss has a trick to beat them a little easier, but some are still hard as hell.

There's a trick to penetrator (not as bad as Flamelurker's), but I can't tell ya on smashboards lest Goose be spoiler'd.

****it Adam ... now I want to play Demon's Souls again. -_-

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ahhh, Demon Souls spoilers :(

Adam, Skylar, just give me a thumbs up when I can read your guys' posts again.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Respectively Matt, I am trying to not spoil too much for you. So the contents of this post will be kept to minimal detail. Hopefully you'll understand this, Skylar.

Ahaha ... yeah, you can glitch Flamelurker like that. It's kinda silly, but I've never been able to do it. Not like it matters anyway 'cause that boss fight is so straightforward. Still, he's quite a mile-marker in Game One.
I can tell you how I accidental it.

Umm ... there's no particular order, you're forced to go in, but the difficulty is roughly scaled so you do 1-4 after beating the other worlds (Considering how hard 1-5 is, it would probably **** you anyway =P). Just go around and try to beat all the ?-1 levels. Then the ?-2's and so on and so forth. The difficulty should scale roughly correctly. Each boss has a trick to beat them a little easier, but some are still hard as hell.
Okay, good. I was beginning to wonder what I "might" be doing wrong. I got done with 1-3 and couldn't continue after that. Then I made my way up to 2-2 and was wondering if I was doing anything right, cause I couldn't beat the boss at the time. After that mess hall I was able to to 2-4. Then made my way to 3-1 and finishing that area. Since I use 1-1 as kind of a recoup level. I stock up on my items, shards if I am lucky to upgrade weapons and my shield. And when I may to the fog for 1-4, I decided to check and see if I could continue. Mindlessly to say... Redeye nights f'n suck.

There's a trick to penetrator (not as bad as Flamelurker's), but I can't tell ya on smashboards lest Goose be spoiler'd.
I'm debating if i should make my way back to him. Maybe I could have you come over or something soon. I seem to be rather open starting tomorrow afternoon if you're interested.

****it Adam ... now I want to play Demon's Souls again. -_-
I assure you that I looked into how much it costs, and that I will be looking into trading some games in for it. I do appreciate you letting me borrow such a good game. :D

goosefactor

Smash Lord
OMG Skylar, I have it you choob! I started it yesterday and am like halfway to where I was when I was playing on your game. Since Adam seems too far into the game to help me online (I thought I remember you saying that you have to be within 10 lvls), you'll have to start another profile so that we can co-op (i.e. you do all the tricky stuff and help me to reclaim my body when I lose it :p).

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
It does. Also, congrats on backroom.
but i hate smash bros.

also please elaborate! dazwa talked about the game a lot and how much he enjoyed it, but i'd like some other opinions as well.

also sin and punishment sequel anyone pls help cmon

DracoFox

Smash Ace
OMG Skylar, I have it you choob! I started it yesterday and am like halfway to where I was when I was playing on your game. Since Adam seems too far into the game to help me online (I thought I remember you saying that you have to be within 10 lvls), you'll have to start another profile so that we can co-op (i.e. you do all the tricky stuff and help me to reclaim my body when I lose it :p).
I wouldn't mind, but you have to do things yourself as well. I just know too much of the what drops what in areas 1-1 through 1-3. Unless you want to get to soul level 49 XD

Fro, I cannot believe you found this for me. I'll be interested in playing so asap.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
george and i are going to vro's on saturday if ur va j j's dont hurt to much come with us, registration starts at noon

Jayford

Smash Lord
but i hate smash bros.

also please elaborate! dazwa talked about the game a lot and how much he enjoyed it, but i'd like some other opinions as well.

also sin and punishment sequel anyone pls help cmon
1.) It got rid of the over world map which stream lines the game a lot more.

2.) I'm only a few hours in, but you don't need a certain amount of money to enter ranked fights. This makes the game flow a lot better.

3.) All the side jobs are 8bit mini games which is amazing. Like there is one that is just like Rad Racer :D.

Also this day is starting of pretty cool. I have to make a program that hooks up to an airplane and messes with the displays. The only problem is I can't debug my program... I just have to put it on a flash drive walk 10min to a lab run it. Watch it not work with no real indication why then walk back and mess with my code some more. My supervisor doesn't understand why anyone would need to use a debugger...

Now it just got better lmao. The thing I have been using to interface with the cockpit isn't what the API is designed for. So basically my supervisor gave me the wrong thing to code for >.<

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Hey. When I get around to making another character, I'm goin' support just so you have to do all the work =P.

And yeah, it's 10 levels +/- 10% of your level. So like a level 20 would be able to work with/be invaded by lvls 8-32.

Redeye nights f'n suck.
Yes. Yes they do.

I'm debating if i should make my way back to him. Maybe I could have you come over or something soon. I seem to be rather open starting tomorrow afternoon if you're interested.
Hell yeah. I love watching people play this game the first time through. There's so many ways to do it, ya learn something every time.

I assure you that I looked into how much it costs, and that I will be looking into trading some games in for it. I do appreciate you letting me borrow such a good game. :D
No problem. When you get it, you me an' Goose'll have to co-op. Matt could use two blue phantoms on his team for how often he gets invaded. =D They don't all jump off cliffs you know.

Why is my name white?
Your name is a link, and you clicked on it. Therefore your name now appears to be white to you (and only you). Generally, it means smashboards crashed while you were loading your own profile. Just ignore it and it'll go away eventually.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
hey does anyone have a problem with us doing singles first next saturday? George and I will be leaving for indy by 5:30 and I would like to fully participate in singles

kirkq

Smash Ace
Hi everyone. There seem to be some inconsistencies in the ruleset used at these tournaments. Wobbling is banned, but neither Blobbling or Fox's shine against the tree in pokemon stadium are banned. Also, Meta Knight is not yet banned. Jigglypuff's ledge stall still seems to be questionably legal, which is far more broken than any of these. I demand an explanation for these inconsistencies. :mad:

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hey. When I get around to making another character, I'm goin' support just so you have to do all the work =P.
:(:(

Hell yeah. I love watching people play this game the first time through. There's so many ways to do it, ya learn something every time.
Yeah, well with regards to watching me, you learn what NOT to do....

No problem. When you get it, you me an' Goose'll have to co-op. Matt could use two blue phantoms on his team for how often he gets invaded. =D They don't all jump off cliffs you know.
LOL, yeah, it's true they don't ALL die from jumping off of cliffs--the remaining ones get fobbed by will o' wisps. :p

Your name is a link, and you clicked on it. Therefore your name now appears to be white to you (and only you). Generally, it means smashboards crashed while you were loading your own profile. Just ignore it and it'll go away eventually.
Ahhh, so that's why it's white. Thanks. I was wondering that.

OMG, George and DJ are ditching us for Indy next week?! :mad:

Also, WTFFFFF is blobbing!?!?!?!?!?

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
someone with time on there hands should make me a sexy signature it can be smash related it can be humorous it can be my nutz in kirks mouth winner get there next tourny entrance fee paid for them

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
i dont know for sure but it is a bar, but ive known people who got in before and werent 21

when are you off work ill just stop by when i get back from logan and we will talk it out as well as tomorrow

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I'm open today if you're interested.

I'm sure he is going to need it, and I would love to do a multi co-op on this game. It would make some things easier, and more interesting.

Top Bottom