• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
No, that was Draco. Draco was in winners finals. Me and Goose lost to Draco and Kirk in winners semis.

I don't care if Goose says he was playing bad, Draco was getting off in their set lol. Surprised Goose didn't go all Fox though.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Surprised Goose didn't go all Fox though.
There were a lot of things I should've done.

Also, I got a new phone, but I wasn't able to transfer any of my contacts to it since the old POS wouldn't turn on. So, I need for you guys to send me a text with your name and number so I can program it, because other than Brain, I literally know none of your guys' numbers. Oh, but Carl, no offense, but I don't allow blackies' numbers in my contact list. I'm sure you understand.

...well...I GUESS I'll make an exception for ya. I mean, how bad can having just one of your kind in my phone be? :p

Also, for all you tobs out there who don't even have my number to begin with, it's: 219-395-4065.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
No, that's Ren and Stimpy.

I seriously thought we were going to die that day in your car, Scottson.
Scott has every cartoon theme ever.
Listening to music in Scott's car is like a fear-injected trip through your childhood, knowing at any moment you could leave some small but important piece of the vehicle lying in the middle of memory lane while you go careening into the oncoming traffic.
Ouch. Also, that was just a huge nostalgic phase on my part. I've moved on to different types of music. I'm also teh better driver.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
So, I need for you guys to send me a text with your name and number
OMG, so many of you guys are doing it wrong. I'm getting numbers from random peeps. Do it right like Adam, or, if you want to go the extra mile like a couple all ready have, you can make a fun quiz game for me so that I can guess who it is (ask Craigy for details) :). But be forewarned that if you go this route, don't make the common pitfall of being too vague. For example, a message like: I'm a queerbait who loses a lot in Smash, isn't specific enough. Is this George or Andrew? Now, if the message said something like: I'm a queerbait who loses a lot to Yoshi, then I would easily deduce that it is Andrew. See what I'm getting at?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
OMG, so many of you guys are doing it wrong. I'm getting numbers from random peeps. Do it right like Adam, or, if you want to go the extra mile like a couple all ready have, you can make a fun quiz game for me so that I can guess who it is (ask Craigy for details) :). But be forewarned that if you go this route, don't make the common pitfall of being too vague. For example, a message like: I'm a queerbait who loses a lot in Smash, isn't specific enough. Is this George or Andrew? Now, if the message said something like: I'm a queerbait who loses a lot to Yoshi, then I would easily deduce that it is Andrew. See what I'm getting at?
"This is Failure McNoob, Burgerbun. My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX"
That's a good example.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm gonna have to use a Smashboards Shoutout. I THINK I know who this is, but I'm not positive. Help would be greatly appreciated.

"This is the guy who sometimes texts you when he's drunk, and won a 'being black' money match with Carl."

Also, who the F sent, "You will never guess who this is, T/F?"!? This doesn't help me at all, you foobtown.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm gonna have to use a Smashboards Shoutout. I THINK I know who this is, but I'm not positive. Help would be greatly appreciated.

"This is the guy who sometimes texts you when he's drunk, and won a 'being black' money match with Carl."

Also, who the F sent, "You will never guess who this is, T/F?"!? This doesn't help me at all, you foobtown.
QFT. It could be any black in the world. My bet goes to it being Walter.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
hey im going to smash at georges today if you dont have a floppy taint you should come to. Jay I need the gamebridge back before the end of school fyi

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Link huh?

nice tech chase chaingrabs.
and you have good skillz overall.

try to improve your projectile skills.
don't just throw things at no where.

Try to guess where you opp will go, or,
block one option of movement of your opp so that you have advantage when you approach him.

And Nair moreeeeeee =))

Bryan!
Stop running into the shield!!! lol

Jayford

Smash Lord
Link huh?

nice tech chase chaingrabs.
and you have good skillz overall.

try to improve your projectile skills.
don't just throw things at no where.

Try to guess where you opp will go, or,
block one option of movement of your opp so that you have advantage when you approach him.

And Nair moreeeeeee =))

Bryan!
Stop running into the shield!!! lol
Thanks for the tips Maus : D.

I've been working on Nairing more. My projectile game still needs alot of work =/.

I'll probably head over George. What time are you guys playing?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Voorhese, why were you so eager to see the videos of you/Limitz vs me/George?

You guys got ***** lol, I even gave you guys stocks by killing myself at least twice a game and by gimping George haha

mecatomato

Smash Lord

I've been working on Nairing more. My projectile game still needs alot of work =/.
Link has pretty good vertical recovery.

so, don't be afraid so much about jump off the stage and Nairing someone.

especially Falco. he's got nothing to recover from a far distance, you know =P

if you are on FD, Oh, that is just great for link to jump off gimp the other and come back up.

face the centre of the stage, jump off and hit with back or bottom of your Nair, WAYYY down the stage, and jump - hook shot - up B.

Done.

and... try using arrow, by the way.
it is better than what a lot of people think it is.

You guys got ***** lol, I even gave you guys stocks by killing myself at least twice a game and by gimping George haha
lololol

stop gimping your own team.

you know we almost lost one match because you were not letting me come back to the stage -_ -

DracoFox

Smash Ace

I'll probably head over George. What time are you guys playing?
I can give you suggestions with projectile play.

Personally I like to call this a Ranger style.

You don't always have to hit your opponent every time. By using projectiles, you are also limiting their space to work with. {Example} So for throwing a boomerang high into the air will limit their air space. With that being done, they are forced to wait or stay on ground. Following up with the boomerang would to have a bomb in hand to limit the on coming attack from the space they have to work with. You can use your arrows, but pretty much I'd use those as to screw someone in their recovery for a nice pop up to Nair, or while they are at the other end of the stage trying to get back in. (most preferred for this would be FD)

Another semi-what, good stage for Link is Dreamland 64. (IMO) Mainly just because it is a nice big stage and has to offer some platform combos, but expect for 5min+ matches here since of the huge stage that it is.

Now as for smaller platformed stages, I'd suggest using Y.Link. This boomerang, throwing angles are wicked. Lets say you're on Yoshi's Story, and you're playing as Y.Link of course. If you were to stand on the left or the right platform in the middle on the ledge part. You can throw your boomerang downwards almost hitting the middle of the stage. It's kind of good as an countering to an oncoming attack from the bottom, vice verse of which platform that you're at.

Both Y.Link and Link pretty much have the same style, but one relies on projectiles differently than the other. IMO, Y.Link for me seems to work better on faster characters. As to Link would be for people with caution play styles. (Fro's Samus, though I highly enjoy Link vs. Samus so much)

As for what Maus said with better accuracy with projectiles. Yes, you do need to be accurate with them. A lot of combos are set up with bombs and boomeranges. Also, Nair is like everything with Link. Nair can stay out until Link's animation is back to the standard falling animation. Just something you'd like to know.

Well, I'm done getting in depth with this. Hopefully this will give you some ideas on what to aim for as Link, or maybe give you ideas if you feel like that you should play as Y.Link.

voorhese

Smash Master

to study our teamwork, u know because he hasnt been playing since 04....... and neither have i....get *****

mecatomato

Smash Lord
I can give you suggestions with projectile play.

Personally I like to call this a Ranger style.

You don't always have to hit your opponent every time. By using projectiles, you are also limiting their space to work with. {Example} So for throwing a boomerang high into the air will limit their air space. With that being done, they are forced to wait or stay on ground. Following up with the boomerang would to have a bomb in hand to limit the on coming attack from the space they have to work with. You can use your arrows, but pretty much I'd use those as to screw someone in their recovery for a nice pop up to Nair, or while they are at the other end of the stage trying to get back in. (most preferred for this would be FD)

Another semi-what, good stage for Link is Dreamland 64. (IMO) Mainly just because it is a nice big stage and has to offer some platform combos, but expect for 5min+ matches here since of the huge stage that it is.

Now as for smaller platformed stages, I'd suggest using Y.Link. This boomerang, throwing angles are wicked. Lets say you're on Yoshi's Story, and you're playing as Y.Link of course. If you were to stand on the left or the right platform in the middle on the ledge part. You can throw your boomerang downwards almost hitting the middle of the stage. It's kind of good as an countering to an oncoming attack from the bottom, vice verse of which platform that you're at.

Both Y.Link and Link pretty much have the same style, but one relies on projectiles differently than the other. IMO, Y.Link for me seems to work better on faster characters. As to Link would be for people with caution play styles. (Fro's Samus, though I highly enjoy Link vs. Samus so much)

As for what Maus said with better accuracy with projectiles. Yes, you do need to be accurate with them. A lot of combos are set up with bombs and boomeranges. Also, Nair is like everything with Link. Nair can stay out until Link's animation is back to the standard falling animation. Just something you'd like to know.

Well, I'm done getting in depth with this. Hopefully this will give you some ideas on what to aim for as Link, or maybe give you ideas if you feel like that you should play as Y.Link.
Good explanation indeed. ~_~
i got nothing much to add. hehe

XD1337

Smash Apprentice
So I was gonna rank up in sc2 today as much as I could today, but I screwed up my first 3 games… First one I had a terran contained on lost temple, he was going standard m&m&m. I went roach/ling/baneling… just when I was morphing a ton of banelings in the center of the map he decides to push out, my roaches get caught in between the wall of morphing banelings and marauders, he ***** my roaches and kills my banelings b4they finish morphing… second and third games failed in similar ways. Won the next three tho… I still have so much to learn about this game… if any of u guys ever want to play me tell me! XD also I want to play smash next week since it’s the easiest week of the year :D

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
well i would call it good considering limitz doesnt really play, and you have been playing for long?
Lol, I know what you mean, but just saying, you guys got pooped on.

Not sure what you mean by the 2nd half of that sentence. I mean, doesn't the placing I got represent how long I've been playing? lol

Top Bottom