• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
cuz marth has to hit ganon 50 billion times to kill him, where ganon needs a bair and an eddie spike and marths dead. plus the lightshield edgehog that no one ever does.

depends on stage. ganon can recover easily on dreamland cuz he can get to the platforms and not be tippered.

anyone wanna play on saturday for a lil bit?

voorhese

Smash Master
cuz marth has to hit ganon 50 billion times to kill him, where ganon needs a bair and an eddie spike and marths dead. plus the lightshield edgehog that no one ever does.

depends on stage. ganon can recover easily on dreamland cuz he can get to the platforms and not be tippered.

limitz and i use that in teams, i lightshield it, and he fsmashes on marth

everyone else i roll and he fsmashes (husband and wife style)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Despite the fact that Marth needs to hit him over and over, it's still relatively easy.

As for Ganon recovering on platforms... how ****ing bad does the player have to be to let Ganon get that close on stage? lol

As for Ganon Bair/Fairing Marth, keep in mind that Marth can actually safely attack as he's recovering (Fair lol, even Forward B and sometimes Up B)... nothing to mention Forward B stalling to mess up timing.

aka... Marth has a way easier time with the edgeguarding and recovering.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
My opinions on that chart:

Marth even with Ganondorf? Uh, I really doubt this.
agreed ganon kills marth really fast
Ganondorf starts at kill percentage vs Marth.
i think ganon vs marth is even or +1 for marth. ganons fair/bair can outspace marths bull****. ganon wins the edgeguarding game unless marth gets a dair spike
How does Ganon win the edgeguarding game?

Marth can actually recover, and is great at it too. Ganon dies almost always when off the stage. Marth doesn't need to spike him, he just needs to keep swinging his sword.

Despite the fact that Marth needs to hit him over and over, it's still relatively easy.

As for Ganon recovering on platforms... how ****ing bad does the player have to be to let Ganon get that close on stage? lol

As for Ganon Bair/Fairing Marth, keep in mind that Marth can actually safely attack as he's recovering (Fair lol, even Forward B and sometimes Up B)... nothing to mention Forward B stalling to mess up timing.

aka... Marth has a way easier time with the edgeguarding and recovering.
Carl ur a noob. Its very easy to recover high with ganon if you know how to DI. plus his fair outspaces all of marths aerials.

be quiet noobsauce.
All of this arguing wouldn't even happen if you guys played Brawl. He's bottom tier, and as such, this match-up would never occur in tourny. XD

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Carl ur a noob. Its very easy to recover high with ganon if you know how to DI. plus his fair outspaces all of marths aerials.

be quiet noobsauce.
I'm not talking about Ganon physically being able to get to high grounds. I'm talking about how ******** the sword swinger has to be to let Ganon get that high with such a predictable recovery.

If Ganon is trying to off-stage Fair Marth, then he's ******** and probably will die. Ganon's Fair is only good vs Marth on even leveled terrain. Marth Fairing (same goes for Sheik) is as good as it is because of the vertical range it covers. I'm going to leave it at that, but I hope you know what I mean.
Anyways, this is why people grab the edge or lightshield edgeguard Marth. But..., Marth can forward B stall the invincibility of people grabbing the edge and the lightshield edgeguard only works when Marth can only recover a certain way (hence the reason why you rarely ever see it).

edit-GUYS, LETS MAKE FUN OF BUNBUN, WATCH THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmBrLHI4ew

Sheik for low tier!

_kSo_

Smash Master
HAHA
"I don't think anyone has ever gotten hit by egg roll in the history of smash..."

wow andrew that was.....interesting....

I like wat scar said about the falcon/puff matchup. I totally agree with him. I have noticed recently that dthrow to knee doesn't kill as often as I'd like...and it's soooo true! falcon has such a hard time edgeguarding that puffball :(

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Kirkq1234 (9:49:30 AM): I'd probably change to zelda mid-match too if I was trying to cover up my failure

lmao

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Andrew can you l cancel yet?

How do you lose to yoshi when you've played Skylar for 50 billion years.

Jay are you gonna upload those vids? Can't you just set them to upload on your computer while you sleep?

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I don't think it's really fair to compare Moo's Yoshi to my poor dinosaur ...
He certainly knows the sheik matchup quite a bit better.

Don't think I would have done as bad against the kirby ...
But sheik would have murdered me, so it wouldn't have mattered.

BunBun

Smash Master
HAHA
"I don't think anyone has ever gotten hit by egg roll in the history of smash..."

wow andrew that was.....interesting....
Heh, I suck.
you gotta pick it up burger bun
Heh, I suck
Kirkq1234 (9:49:30 AM): I'd probably change to zelda mid-match too if I was trying to cover up my failure
I honestly thought that it would be better, as I wasn't doing jack shit with Sheik
Andrew can you l cancel yet?

I can l cancel sometimes.
Skylar's yoshi doesn't do anything that moo's does. It would be more correct in saying that playing Skylar for 50 billion years hurt, because of shiz I didn't know could happen.
I don't think it's really fair to compare Moo's Yoshi to my poor dinosaur ...
He certainly knows the sheik matchup quite a bit better.

Don't think I would have done as bad against the kirby ...
But sheik would have murdered me, so it wouldn't have mattered.
Meh. Get better.
Truthfully, I don't know who would win. I won the last tournament set we played, but he beat me here.
He's also pretty freaking good. Took a game off both Chad and IHSB.
skylar will you please just learn to djc already it will make you so much better. and if you do know how it doesnt matter cuz u never do it in matches
+1 Agree
Sheik is +3 Yoshi.
T-T

I'll upload the previous tournament match so I don't seem quite as fuckterrible.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
skylar will you please just learn to djc already it will make you so much better. and if you do know how it doesnt matter cuz u never do it in matches
I do it probably more than you're noticing.
Especially against slower characters.

However, it's not a very safe option against Fox or C.Falcon because most of their moves trade.
It's a bad thing to get naired off the stage without a jump.
I spent a lot of my early days having **** like that kill me.

It's not so much that Yoshi's just "should djc" because his air priority is so very mediocre
And there's just so very much that will outright override his armor or his nair.
In addition, yoshi turns around in his aerial jump, making most of his combo starters implausible.
It's not a matter of I should simply do it, but I should do it under certain circumstances.
Usually (in tournament matches especially) I err on the side of caution and don't do it very often.

There's other things I need to work on first.
And for the most part, I already know what those are.
I just don't get to play real honest-to-gods people much, so I don't get much practice.

Telling me to "Learn to DJC, it'll make you better" is like telling a fox to learn to waveshine when he can't L-cancel predictably (Hell, I can't even L-cancel against shields all that reliably). It's just damn silly. Now hush, and go back to playing good characters.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Oh c'mon. I love high-risk-low-reward strategies as much as the next guy.
I just haven't got the finesse to be flashy with Yoshi. It takes work, and I'm ultimately very lazy.

Also: I know for sure I can come back to classes ... at least by fall.
Provided I ever get out of the red-tape hell that is the office of admissions,
I might even take a few summer courses.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Listening to music in Scott's car is like a fear-injected trip through your childhood, knowing at any moment you could leave some small but important piece of the vehicle lying in the middle of memory lane while you go careening into the oncoming traffic.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys ever rode in a hummer and the driver of said hummer was merging lanes but didn't space the distance between the hummer and the car, excuse me 18 wheeler, right and therefore lost the right side door mirror? And if you have were you on said passenger side? I was and the mother ****ing driver made me go into the busy intersection to pick up the pieces (yes it was a hit and run) Sigh i think that was his revenge on me for scratching his mercedes. =\

goosefactor

Smash Lord
So I was the host in a 2v2 SC match with Andre and I made the game but I accidentally made it to where it was ONLY me and him...on the same team...without opponents....0_0

Also, during every match I'd look up at his screen and he'd somehow have like 357648 roaches when I'd only have like 2.3. I think he transfers his moonwalking skillz to massing roaches or somethin'.

Also, bedz.

Also, Josh, WTF!?

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
So I was the host in a 2v2 SC match with Andre and I made the game but I accidentally made it to where it was ONLY me and him...on the same team...without opponents....0_0
Pure unadulterated talent.
Why does the game even let you DO something like that?

Top Bottom