• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Results

SSBO LXVI Results

Singles(12 entrants)

1. Little_England ($35.00) :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
2. Lance ($15.00) :falcomelee:
3. Voorheese ($5.00)
:foxmelee:
4. 'Fro (Forfeit) :samusmelee:
5. iamthemicrowave :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
5. Grayson :sheikmelee:
7. Krystedez :drmario:
7. Cameron :foxmelee:
9. Jayford (Forfeit) :jigglypuffmelee:
9. Ben :icsmelee:
9. DeeeezNuTz :sheikmelee:
9. Bees
:marthmelee:

Fun tournament guys. Thanks to man of many names Nick/Laipply/Grayson for coming out from Ft. Wayne. Yes it is true that Jay busted out the puff.

'Fro

Smash Lord
SSBO LXVI Results

Singles(12 entrants)

2. Lance ($15.00) :falcomelee:
3. Voorheese ($5.00)
4. 'Fro (Forfeit) :samusmelee:
5. iamthemicrowave :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
5. Grayson :sheikmelee:
7. Krystedez :drmario:
7. Bees :marthmelee:
9. Jayford (Forfeit) :jigglypuffmelee:
9. Ben :icsmelee:
9. DeeeezNuTz :sheikmelee:
9. Cameron

Fun tournament guys. Thanks to man of many names Nick/Laipply/Grayson for coming out from Ft. Wayne. Yes it is true that Jay busted out the puff.
There's a mistake in those results. Cameron should be swapped around with Bees.

'Fro

Smash Lord
^ I am paying for your entry next tourney i come to.
Play Fox all the time and we'll call it even. ;)

Shoutouts for stuff I want to shout out to:

Brett: Man..... I wish you had realized what you had going earlier. Your Marth looked mad clean. I'll tell you more about Samus v. Marth next time. Either way I really enjoyed playing you/ watching your matches.

Cameron: Good stuff, dude! I'm sure you'll do even better as you keep playing. It definitely looked like you'd barely, if ever, fought against Samus before, but you'll figure it out, so don't take too much away from our set.

Lance: Yo.... I wanna shout out to this because I feel it's overdue: Playing against you is awesome. Our matches have had just about everything in them,from terrible to awesome, so I'm looking forward to more!

Jason: You..... Jason. I don't know how you keep track of knowing as much as you do with each character you've brought against me (except that scrubby Pikachu) but daaaaaaaaang.... props man.

Voorhese: I have less than a year left at Purdue. Within that time, you will come to a sudden realization of everything you've ever done wrong while playing me and not do it. Make it happen.

George: Dat rust... While I did get lucky in how much you killed yourself, I still gotta say I was surprised when I played your Fox. We haven't played in a while, and I don't know how much practice you get anymore, but something was off, and I definitely miss the old matches from when we used to challenge back and forth.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Post-SSBO LXVI PLR Rankings

Post-SSBO LXVI PLR Rankings (3/25/2012)
1. Little England - 400
2. Lanceinthepants - 170

3. Jayford - 125
4. Fro- 115
5. Voorhese - 85
6. iamthemicrowave - 55
7. Krystedez - 20
8. Timerbomb - 15
8. Tak - 15
10. Noremac - 5
11. Goosefactor - 0
11. MrH - 0
11. DeezNutz - 0
11. Mr. Shyguy - 0
11. Faithkeeper - 0
11. Bees - 0​

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
There's a mistake in those results. Cameron should be swapped around with Bees.
Thanks, fix'd. I assumed Brett made it out of pools due to his destruction of me and DJ.

shoutouts

Little_England - cant believe i lost to that garbage falcon. you did some cool stuff tho...drop through platform, first hit nair to gentlemen...looooool. ur shield pressure game is pry good, nice spacing. also falcons upair is too good. i know you know this. thanks for the tark mart goodies.

Lance - no epic set this time. perhaps later

Voorheese - ggs. you brought the pain and i couldnt bring it back.

'Fro - ggs. I think our pools set was sufficiently close but i dropped the ball in bracket. need more grabs too :p(lol sheik). i am going to be a kels and continue playing sheik against samus, i just enjoy that matchup so much more than fox samus. i have a few kinks with my sheik that need to be worked out that come with not playing her that much. one such occurrence is when i get downsmash'd off the stage and am recovering backwards. i should turn around needle and grab the ledge instead of jumping backwards with a bair and trading with your uptilt and then dying. forfeits make me sad but they happen. wouldve liked to see you against lance again.

Grayson - good too see you again and fun friendlies.

Krystedez - fun set in bracket, you had me on the ropes.

Cameron - ggs in pools

Jayford - you j. you got like first seed and then forfeit. the curse of the ray chun? next time.

(Asian) Ben - didnt play

DeeeezNuTz - thanks for spotting me and good set in pools

Bees - you were on fire at this! your combo that ended with run off platform dair on me was pretty pro. also ur set with DJ was very enjoyable to watch and super close. ggs.

I suppose we should've started this earlier due to all the early leavers. Also this is how voorheese opens up a conversation with me: "so you still suck at this game?". 'fin voorheese. i lol'd.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I'm going to put one word of advice in for everyone.
Shoutouts

2. Lance ($15.00) :falcomelee: (tech skill): GGs bro. I definitely Kels'd it up at some points during our sets.
3. Voorheese ($5.00) :foxmelee: (efficiency): I still think your potential is huge cause your tech skill is so damn good. Just relax, react to the situation, and do what works. Playing friendlies with you was fun as always. :) Hopefully you'll come down again before I leave. Also that hat.
4. 'Fro (Forfeit) :samusmelee: (More tilty less smashy): I know you say melee isn't your focus, but I'm here to say you have yet to reach your potential. A few changes to your gameplan and some additional MU knowledge will take you a long way.
5. iamthemicrowave :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: (mixup/punishing): GGs in bracket. You always seem to have a good handle on Falcon so I really wanted to see how you handle that MU. (I struggle with it quite a bit >_>) Also I got that single hit of nair to gentlemen from Darkrain at SMYM 12. XD Hope you get to play with us more before you peace out from Purdue. </3
5. Grayson :sheikmelee: (experience): Hopefully you find a relatively close tournament scene that's close to you. If it comes down to it, feel free to post in our thread if you want to play on weekends. We have quite a bit of talent. MI is also great and they generate huge turnouts.
7. Krystedez :drmario: (tech skill/knowledge): Practice in your room and get tech skill. Watch Shroomed videos. Profit. Doc is a solid character. I recommend you focus on him. Roy is a lot of effort for less reward than any other character.
7. Cameron :foxmelee: (tech skill/knowledge): Same as Krystadez really. Just make sure you have all the efficient tech skill you need and watch videos of your main. (Plenty of great Fox players our there!) Just let us know when you wanna play mang.
9. Jayford (Forfeit) :jigglypuffmelee: (commitment): I know you have commitment issues, but maybe one day you'll practice this game. Unit then, good stuff beating Lance. I didn't see the set but I assume you won with maximum Jay<3 fraudulence. :)
9. Ben :icsmelee: (tech skill): I don't think you even know where this thread is so I'll just wait until I see you in person.
9. DeeeezNuTz :sheikmelee: (tech skill): Always happy to see you make it out to these. This game is like crack lol and you know it. I saw that tight battle against Cameron. Good stuff. I think you can benefit the same way Krys and Cameron can so See Above.
9. Bees :marthmelee: (commitment): Good stuff! I only caught the end of the last game and missed that crazy combo of yours. :( I did however catch that finishing blow tipper forward smash! I was super happy when I heard you say you forgot how fun this game is. I really do hope you keep playing. See Krys and Cameron advice as well.
Anthony: hopefully you find time for more study breaks, so you can joonz around a bit more.:awesome:
Corey: If you want to base your game around hard reads rather than reaction I'd probably recommend Falcon. I'm not sure though really. If you want to increase your reaction time try that kirby super star mini game. lol
Tak: noooooooob :glare:

Really fun time at this tournament. The overall increased interest in the game makes me happy. It's a super good game.

The smash club WILL HAPPEN next year.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Thanks for the advice. I think I have played better against your falcon in friendlies(nerves johns). also i havent practiced tech skill in forever(in anthony terms: 3493024932 years) so that is probably holding back my punishment game. Could you clarify what you mean by mix up? I am not that familiar with that term in the smash world. i feel like its from other fighting games.

I love that you chose efficiency for voorheese's word. sooooooooo true rofl. but hes getting better at it.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
11. Goosefactor - 0
Why the d**** am I tied for 11th? :mad:

I think we need a new TO that knows what they are doin'.

Also this is how voorheese opens up a conversation with me: "so you still suck at this game?". 'fin voorheese. i lol'd.
It wasn't a question George. I was telling you lololol.
OMGGG, get rolled, George

Also, after Zelda, I dunno if I should play Xenoblade Chronicles or Tales of Graces. :confused:

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Thanks for the advice. I think I have played better against your falcon in friendlies(nerves johns). also i havent practiced tech skill in forever(in anthony terms: 3493024932 years) so that is probably holding back my punishment game. Could you clarify what you mean by mix up? I am not that familiar with that term in the smash world. i feel like its from other fighting games.

I love that you chose efficiency for voorheese's word. sooooooooo true rofl. but hes getting better at it.
By mix up I mean repeatedly changing your decisions on both offense and defense.

(ie. you have several decisions when it comes to approaching your opponent: run forward>wavedash back, run forward to wavedash in place, run forward>shine/nair/dair, run forward>extended shine/nair/dair, run forward behind a shielding opponent and wait for a reaction, etc etc.)

Also think of the options that you have on defense.

voorhese

Smash Master
Wait wtf. Nvm. I opened up by telling him I suck at this game. I just saw the question mark and didn't even see that he though I asked if he did. lol.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
1. Little_England (Playing on your last stock) - Jason, you are definitely really good, but I have found a big flaw. You have extraordinary luck and skill on your last stock! I think you should use this to your advantage and just rush to your last stock as fast as you can. It might improve the holes in your game

3. Voorheese (Thor related accessories) - I think this is what is missing from your gameplay. If you had more Thor accessories (clothes, hammer, can't think of third so I will say etc.) you would probably see much more success. I'm talking like multiple forfeits a tournament, all the way to 1st or 2nd.

4. 'Fro (More smashy less everything) - I read Jason's shoutout to you and I think it has some merits, but I also did some thinking myself. What moves do the most damage? Smash attacks! So the more you do them, the more damage you have the potential to do. Sounds like pretty good logic to me, so get in there and throw out those smash attacks!

5. iamthemicrowave(Controller breaks) - I also think you are really good George, but when I play with you it seems that your controller is less than satisfactory. Based on your descriptions I wouldn't be surprised if the controller was broken in half and one half was dangling in mid air. I have a roll of duct tape at my place if you ever wanna fix that thing.

5. Grayson (Distance) - Good that you could show up to this. It sucks that you live so far away but I actually thought about it and I think that could be a huge positive. It will make you work harder every time that you come down. I think actually moving to some place like North Dakota would actually improve your game a lot. It would make your car drive longer but your competitive drive that much bigger!

7. Krystedez (Character Choice) - I know you said you loved all the characters in melee that aren't in Brawl, so I really think it is time you try them out. I don't think Doctor Mario should count because he is essentially Mario and the same with Young Link/Toon Link. But this leaves you a list of awesome characters for you to choose. Between Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu the sky is the limit!

7. Cameron (Knowledge) - Just like Jason I think you should try to get a lot more game knowledge. When I think of game knowledge I think of M2K. Really you should try to emulate everything that he does in game and out. Also, not only does M2K has lots of knowledge but he is ledge game is crazy. He definitely knows ledge.

9. Jayford (Fraudulence) - Jay your fraudulence has taken you pretty far in all games, but now I think it is time to unlock your full fraud potential. I'm talking deep underground fraudulence training, which includes but isnt limited to Andale style rests, abusing Mario's Up B, and the most random and janky shine spikes you can muster. You can definitely fraud your way to the top.

9. Ben (Quit smash/life) - There is actually no hope for you. Just ****ing give up.

9. DeeeezNuTz (Whiskey) - I know how the bad your skin itches when you are not consuming alcohol and how much it affects your gameplay. I think I have a good system for you to use during tournaments. Get yourself a camelback and just fill that **** with whiskey. BOOM! You can get your drink on mid-match.

9. Bees(Time playing melee) - Brett your performance at this was way better than your placing. I also think I know why that is. You haven't entered in a long time and I think your break from the game helped you improve you smash abilities. So I really think you just take a longer break from the game and you will improve even that much more! See you when you win SMYM 19!

Good **** to everyone!!! Except for Tak, that kid is a huge tool. He has no idea how much I don't like him.

Tak

Smash Cadet
voorhese i wanted to play with you i am sorry i did not make it

on another note, lance... ur the tool!! and jason, ur a fool! BAHAHAHAHA OWNEWD

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yo tak what your number? I need to hunt you down and force you to play Go with me. And what's the best place to play chess online?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
lance ill def take some of your magic controller fixing duct tape, i think that would improve my game alot. I think I should apply it to my opponents face during a tournament match, so they can't see and/or breathe. Then I would definitely win!

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
voorhese i wanted to play with you i am sorry i did not make it

on another note, lance... ur the tool!! and jason, ur a fool! BAHAHAHAHA OWNEWD
I'm a tool and jason is a fool?
Well Tak aren't you ****ing too cool for school
Go drown in a pool of stool
You deserve to be locked up and fed gruel
And everyday you would get sat on by Gabe Newell

Also, me and Jason tried to watch the recording and the file was corrupted

In the words of Rodney Craig Keith Pullins...

I'm done

Tak

Smash Cadet
yo keeper of the faith i pm'd you

I'm a tool and jason is a fool?
Well Tak aren't you ****ing too cool for school
Go drown in a pool of stool
You deserve to be locked up and fed gruel
And everyday you would get sat on by Gabe Newell
...did i just get served?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Post-SSBO LXVI PLR Rankings (3/25/2012)
1. Little England - 400
2. Lanceinthepants - 170

3. Jayford - 125
4. Fro- 115
5. Voorhese - 85
6. iamthemicrowave - 55
7. Krystedez - 20
8. Timerbomb - 15
8. Tak - 15
10. Noremac - 5
11. Goosefactor - 0
11. MrH - 0
11. DeezNutz - 0
11. Mr. Shyguy - 0
11. Faithkeeper - 0
11. Bees - 0​
( `_`)> One day, I will be one this list again. Until then, I will make it rain harder than Jason's 400 points.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
yo keeper of the faith i pm'd you

...did i just get served?
Yea you did. Gonna have to give that black card back to Jason

Also, I thought of a pretty cool idea for the last SSBO that should bring some hype. Gotta talk to the higher ups about this one.

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the shoutouts!
This is Gracen... I changed my handle a while ago, but I don't know how to change it on SWF.
The scene I do have is good, but they john a lot and often fall out of smashing for months until something relights their fire again.
I had a lot of fun Saturday. A 2 hour drive isn't that bad if it means getting better. I'll see you guys again soon. :)

voorhese

Smash Master
1. Jason :falcomelee: :foxmelee: - Thx for the advice, I do prefer playing your falcon in friendlies. I don't get much falcon practice at all when compared the very little practice I get compared to the other characters. Gg's and if you do decide to try LoL let corey and I know.
2. Lance :falcomelee: - Gg's as usual. I noticed mistakes in our matches a lot easier than usual, hopefully that is a sign of good things to come. Keep it up dude, your really good.
3. 'Fro (Forfeit) :samusmelee: - GG's the puff pick wasn't to actually time you out IRL, but just because I like the matchup better. I will try really hard to get down this matchup, I bet if i can get over this mental block I have about samus, then I could improve in every matchup as a result!
5. iamthemicrowave :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: - GG's didn't play your sheik, your fox is still good though. Caught you with out practice ;) we alternate results now, and I think the deciding factor is YOUR play not mine.
5. Grayson :sheikmelee: - GG's I hope u learned some stuff with the matchup from me, I am not the best fox to learn matchups from. I am pretty weird when it comes to decision making. On the sheik matchup though I am getting better about punishing. Not so sure about my neutral game though.
7. Krystedez :drmario: - Fun friendlies for sure. Like we said at the tourney your shield is not even 1/2 as effective in melee as it is in brawl. Your defensive options should prioritize movement or direct challenges of their approach above shielding for sure, especially because shield grabbing sucks, and your characters don't have shine oos etc.
7. Bees :marthmelee: - Saw some sick stuff of yours vs george! I wish we had played, you look like you have definitely improved since I last played you!
9. Jayford (Forfeit) :jigglypuffmelee: - GG's in pools. We had close games, even if you were just playing the bird because you like to...keep it up AND HIT LVL 30 NOOB!
9. Ben :icsmelee: -Good seeing you again! Hope you learned some stuff about the fox matchup because it is going to be the one you play the most I bet.
9. DeeeezNuTz :sheikmelee: - Didn't really talk much or play with you Dj =(
9. Cameron :foxmelee: - Your fox does have potential, just don't make the mistake I did and focus ONLY on tech skill. You are lucky you have so many good spacies around you that you can learn from! Keep practicing, and keep coming to tourneys, they are the best way to improve!

Corey! - Had fun, I hope puff works out for you! Still top tier at speed eating >_<
That Jay kid said he would be on our team when he hits lvl 30, so we need to get him there =P

BIG C

Smash Master
The purdue crew is welcome to stay at my place friday night, If they so wish. There will be drinking and games and whatnot. Just be aware there is a cat. So, if you happen to be allergic you shall be royally boned.

Top Bottom