• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I never played Tactics but i did play Tactics Advance and I loved that game. One of the games I really enjoyed grinding out random battles to unlock all the jobs. I probably have over 120 hours on that sucker

'Fro

Smash Lord
Also, I was doin' some thinkin', and I think I'm gonna start Final Fantasy Tactics again since I never ended up beating it. Looking back, I know I didn't give that game (along with FF8) a fair chance because being fresh off of FF7, I was annoyed that they weren't identical to it. I can still see not really enjoying FF8, but from what I remember, FFT had good music, was pretty hard, and it was enjoyable to level up and learn new job classes. I guess we'll see if that still holds up today, heh.

fix'd
You probably won't like FF8 apart from some kick-*** music. I've played through it twice, and the second time felt very drab. It's fun, but I'm betting money on you not placing it in your top favorite RPG games.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I never played Tactics but i did play Tactics Advance and I loved that game. One of the games I really enjoyed grinding out random battles to unlock all the jobs. I probably have over 120 hours on that sucker
*nods head multiple times in approval*

You probably won't like FF8 apart from some kick-*** music. I've played through it twice, and the second time felt very drab. It's fun, but I'm betting money on you not placing it in your top favorite RPG games.
Yeah, I mentioned that even now, I wouldn't like it. I played if for a little over 50 hours before realizing that it wasn't worth my time. I don't think those sentiments will have changed.

If you only knew how many I played before I started playing WoW and fighting games looool.
Yes, I'm discovering little by little just how many you've played! I've been pleasantly surprised as of late!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Dude i loved that game. My first experience with it was on a bus trip to D.C. in middle school. I loved it so much i went out to get it, but bought Dragon Warrior 3 thinking it would be basically the same. Actually I think Dragon Warrior 3 is still one of my favorite RPGs.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I thought Crrrg was going to timeout Atma Weapon last night. :p But no, Crgggg, nice job on that one. It was an uphill battle, but you pulled through (granted, you used elixirs which is basically telling the game "I give up" :p)!

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Little England 5:21 pm
knock knock

Lance Von Ah 5:21 pm
whos there?

just checking

just checking who?

no really I was just checking to see you were still there
loooooooooooooooooool

Lance Von Ah 5:22 pm
well that wasnt very funny...

Mr H

Smash Ace
I thought Crrrg was going to timeout Atma Weapon last night. :p But no, Crgggg, nice job on that one. It was an uphill battle, but you pulled through (granted, you used elixirs which is basically telling the game "I give up" :p)!
you missed my fight with the dragon at the opera house it took 30mins and i did it with celes alone lololol

'Fro

Smash Lord
So if I were to want to learn to play MvC3, how/where would I go about doing it? SRK?

And should I just wait for Ultimate?
We could help you out with that, but in the meantime, you could check out the guide posted on SRK. Start with the general guide because it also has summaries for each character to kind of help you feel out who you want to play. SRK's a good resource to get the basics, then watch the match videos so you can see how much of that you can see in practice. Here's the front page of the guide:
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3

If you're willing to spend a bit of money, you can buy the excellent strategy guide out in stores. That's an amazing resource with all sorts of good info to help you throughout the learning process.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
So yeah, I started Tactics again yesterday, and that game's just as hard as I remember it, lol. I wasn't sure if it was going to be any easier since the last time I played it I was just a little toob of a goose. But I'm starting to think that even back then I knew what I was doing cuz it's just as difficult, rofl. I already died twice in the random battles (these are the toughest ones though cuz the enemies' level scales with yours, which is always annoying to me in games :/)! Also, I already used up all of my initial funds recruiting new players because I didn't like the random names that they gave my other starting units. I tried to ignore it at first since it was stupid to buy identical units when I should be spending the money on potions and equipment, but with names like McNorton, June and Daisy, I had to replace them with units that I got to name, lol. So yeah, I'm broke, and the little bit of leveling I did with the gay units was wasted since these new ones start on level 1 and with 0 EXP, loool. Good job, Goose. But hey, now I'm satisfied. :)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hahaha, that's hilarious. Well, now I feel a little better about myself.

Also, Lance and Jason are Skype noobz. They couldn't hang late with us big boys.

BunBun

Smash Master
knock knock

whos there?

just checking

just checking who?

no really I was just checking to see you were still there
loooooooooooooooooool

Lance Von Ah 5:22 pm
well that wasnt very funny...
Ahahahah you guys are so bad

goosefactor

Smash Lord
The eagle has landed. I repeat, the eagle has landed. And by "eagle" I mean the thing that can tear friends apart, and by "tear friends apart" I mean Gauntlet: Dark Legacy.

'Fro

Smash Lord
The TE stick is good enough
What he said. I'm using that one myself and it's great! Also, you're probably making the right call waiting for Ultimate. Looking forward to playing with you, Armando!

'Fro

Smash Lord
D3athwi5h has a sick team with Phoenix ON POINT!
Sadly the counter to his strategy is just to block at the start so he wastes his hyper combo. It's a nice "SURPRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!" kinda thing, but as we saw when he got eliminated, it can't work twice.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Yeah, Noah. Kid ***** with his Hulk/Sent combo.

Are you guys together on Skype watching this?
Nope....From what I understand Anthony, Matt, and Kreg are over in Lafayette this weekend. I'm just watching on my own.

voorhese

Smash Master
yeah the match with noah and the dude who played thor/modok/v.joe was fun to watch. i honestly expected noah to get destroyed cuz he just lands that move with super armor on people who approach over and over, and i figured if he camped noah wouldnt know what to do...but he approached >_<

also i am gonna try and get down to purdue on friday to play with timerbomb before leaves for a couple of weeks, is anyone else interested in playing with me (maybe us)

Top Bottom