• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
chibo just infracted me for my post(Major Spam). you can eat a **** as well you piece of **** i remember at pound 4 where m2k 4 stocked your samus in like 80 friendlies in the hotel room. you also fail at running brawl tournaments (CoT 4 LOL), congratulations. please go away and play your nub *** game.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Wow you guys need to read this BS:

iamthemicrowave
Please explain how my post was major spam. Why are you even in our thread?

FYC ChiboSempai

If you think the infraction was wrongfully given you can post in Forum Support about it.

You can not deny that what you posted was wrong.

iamthemicrowave

Wrong? Depends on your perspective. Most of what I said is factually true, and the rest is my opinion.

Major Spam? Definitely not. Heres what irks me. We spam the crap out of this thread. If you were consistent you would infract everyone because all the spam.

Instead you cherry picked me and my post because I made fun of some mods and I offended your brawl community. A nice thing to say would be your moderating is HIGHLY inconsistent. A mean thing to say is that you are just getting back at me for what I said.

FYC ChiboSempai

It's more about the points rather than the exact name of the infraction. If there was a 3 point infraction for flaming moderators and the smash community I would have used that instead.

Again, if you feel that the infraction is wrong you can post in forum support about it.

iamthemicrowave

Well you just admitted that you gave me a 3 point for infraction something I didn't do. This is exactly what I hate about moderating.

The rules are inconsistent, and in this case, you just CHANGED the rules in order to give me 3 points. The rules are deliberately ambiguous in order to give moderators more power.

Let me put it this way: Either change the rules and make an infraction for flaming moderators and the community, or don't give infractions for major spam when they are not.

end.

So basically he admits that he gave me a BS infraction. this site blows.

While I am raging let me say I hate all mods cuz they are power tripping sheltered nerds. jk theres prolly a few cool ones.

The fact that you can get infracted for what you say is ********. What happened to freedom of speech?? People need to grow up.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I felt that george was merely expressing his opinion about specific scenarios within a game, and proposing that said scenarios were unfair or unjust. I don't see where he was wrong for expressing his opinion in a passionate manner. Any questionable vulgar content was automatically censored, and I was not aware that being wrong (which in this case is highly subjective) was against forum rules. ... lol 1984, I hate Orwell.

Anyway, thanks kirk, you get two blue stars for being a nice person. I talked to the people at my work, and I got the impression it would be a bad idea to ask that day off to go to a video game tourney. But I haven't been scheduled for a weekend yet, so it is very possible I'll be free that weekend. My parents might take me on a "family camping trip" which I would be fine with if it weren't on a conflicting date. We're dropping me to a 65% chance of going, but I think I can make it.

I think I can make the tourney on the 20th, but it is fathers day, so we'll have to see what happens.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
the best part is how you can get infracted for making fun of mods. its basically them saying "yeah we are whiny little girls who can't take being mean things said to us, but we will use our internet powers to get back at you!"

Essentially they are our leaders, but they can't take criticism. Haha their loss!

BunBun

Smash Master
Wow, Chibo really?

I know the infraction "Disrespect for Dorum Leaders" exists, and yet ?????
Maybe it's only available to forum admin.

Whatever. AOB is the only decent mod that reads this thread anyway. (whereyouatChaco2high?)

EDIT: before I get hammered with a 3 pointer (which I think would ban me, and that won't do so soon before POE), I'm not making fun of anyone with this, just asking Chibo or whoever if that particular infraction is gone now or unavailable to certain people.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
lol BunBun and others living life on the edge with constant points on their SmashBoreds record.

Somehow I've only recieved like 5 or 6 infractions in my 2 years here.

kirkq

Smash Ace
I talked to the people at my work, and I got the impression it would be a bad idea to ask that day off to go to a video game tourney.
You probably need to learn how to lie a little bit better. You also probably gave them too much information such that this is no longer plausible.

Somehow I've only recieved like 5 or 6 infractions in my 2 years here.
I have zero in 6 years.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
You probably need to learn how to lie a little bit better. You also probably gave them too much information such that this is no longer plausible.
I am a bad liar. But I didn't talk to my managers, just other workers. 95% hate the manager I'd have to ask, so I'm not worried about them. And I never told my co workers what I would be going to, so even if they did tel they don't know anything.

Lol Corey, should have said thy you were going out of town with some friends.
That's what I was thinking and will probably do. Going with some friends to meet some other friends. Or something like that.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
i flamed the brawl community. i feel so bad now.
Well, I pretty much agree that that moderator had no idea what he was doing when giving you a Spam infraction. But, you did straight up insult four people in your post, as shown below.(not including the *'d out words.) He could have just as easily called you out on Flaming, which i suppose would've saved a lot of hassle.

-Edit- It could also be that someone actually reported your post, and the moderator had to take some sort of action.

Ally and M2K both merely play the game for money, and have admitted it countless times. If that doesn't tell you whats up then you suck.

ADHD you suck too for what you said to Plank after pound.

Dekar is just a ******, you can name search yourself here and eat a ****.

Solid Jake you suck for closing that thread even tho the flaming was mild, if at all.
Anyways, Faithkeeper
I am a bad liar. But I didn't talk to my managers, just other workers. 95% hate the manager I'd have to ask, so I'm not worried about them. And I never told my co workers what I would be going to, so even if they did tel they don't know anything.

That's what I was thinking and will probably do. Going with some friends to meet some other friends. Or something like that.
As long as nothing has changed, it doesn't matter what reason you're taking off for. As long as you can find a replacement for your shift, she'll be fine. Just start asking people if they would want any extra hours on that day. You might be surprised at the number of people wanting that extra cash.
As for the manager, (it's still Shannon, right?), she's pretty cool. I really have no idea why people don't like her. It's definitely beneficial to be in her good graces.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
As long as nothing has changed, it doesn't matter what reason you're taking off for. As long as you can find a replacement for your shift, she'll be fine. Just start asking people if they would want any extra hours on that day. You might be surprised at the number of people wanting that extra cash.
As for the manager, (it's still Shannon, right?), she's pretty cool. I really have no idea why people don't like her. It's definitely beneficial to be in her good graces.
I'll look into the sub sheet thing, but I dont' even know if I'm scheduled for that day because I don't have a set schedule yet. Yes it's still Shannon, I certainly think people overreact negatively to her, I don't dislike her. I don't love her or anything, but by no means find her unpleasant. It seems a lot like high school, kids hate the teachers that make them work. And hippy, are you going to the tourney on the 20th? I haven't played a peach in 1,000 years and would like to try to figure out the matchup. I remember not liking it but I don't remember why. I can't think of why it'd be too bad. Probably just hated dsmash

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
I'll look into the sub sheet thing, but I dont' even know if I'm scheduled for that day because I don't have a set schedule yet. Yes it's still Shannon, I certainly think people overreact negatively to her, I don't dislike her. I don't love her or anything, but by no means find her unpleasant. It seems a lot like high school, kids hate the teachers that make them work. And hippy, are you going to the tourney on the 20th? I haven't played a peach in 1,000 years and would like to try to figure out the matchup. I remember not liking it but I don't remember why. I can't think of why it'd be too bad. Probably just hated dsmash
Sorry, I won't make it on the 20th. That'll pretty much hold for the rest of the summer, as well. As for the peach-matchup, just don't make mistakes. D-smash will make you unhappy if you miss l-cancels and what-not.

-Edit- Lol, 10char is supposedly an infraction!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Since there's no tourney on sat, can there be a smashfest then instead? (It doesn't look like I'll be able to go to the tourney on the 20th, doing father's day stuff)

voorhese

Smash Master
i need to come smash this weekened to help practice for PoE3 (wanna not suck for it)

also what day are we leaving for PoE3, and can i stay the night b4 (for practice, and so i dont have to get up super early)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
i need to come smash this weekened to help practice for PoE3 (wanna not suck for it)
Do it. I'll play you if you are here on sat. I might even be able to feed and house you if you can finds some place to go sunday morn, I've got to leave early sunday morn for a family trip. But I'll have to get that approved with my dad first. solid 75% chance of yes I'd say.

voorhese

Smash Master
Do it. I'll play you if you are here on sat. I might even be able to feed and house you if you can finds some place to go sunday morn, I've got to leave early sunday morn for a family trip. But I'll have to get that approved with my dad first. solid 75% chance of yes I'd say.
sounds good, i might even think about coming down friday also if there is anyone else up for smash (im really wanting to play falco vs you guys, i think ill be using him for POE3.....i just noticed my main has been different for every main tourney i went to....ganon(got *****), went fox for SMYM got ***** (played same people in friendlies (not mango) with ganon and won =/ )
now falco... im so bad

goosefactor

Smash Lord
im really wanting to play falco vs you guys,
Why do I have the feeling that this is just gonna be redonkulous? :p

Well, we'll be coming in SATURDAY NIGHT, and the TOURNEY IS ON SUNDAY AT 12, so either show up then, or, since I can't speak for anyone with regards to staying over a night, talk to someone for housing if you wish to come in Saturday.

Also, lol @ Father Goose. I forgot about that dumb name. Who thought if it anyway? Crrrg?

Also, the sun ***** me today. :(

Top Bottom