• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
VGBootCamp Venue Fee: $20
3rd place team winnings at a National Tournament : $18 each
Crrrg talking about it for about 7 hours straight: Priceless

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Venue fee was 15$ if you werent a noob and pre-reg'd(i didnt :O)

Also, to our peach players: Please learn to downair when floating back to the stage to stop people from edgeguarding you. Salt kept doing this to me and it made him alot harder to edgeguard. I blame my loss on CNN, Scott, and Crrg for not teaching me this :p

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Venue fee was 15$ if you werent a noob and pre-reg'd(i didnt :O)

Also, to our peach players: Please learn to downair when floating back to the stage to stop people from edgeguarding you. Salt kept doing this to me and it made him alot harder to edgeguard. I blame my loss on CNN, Scott, and Crrg for not teaching me this :p
Whoa now. We haven't played for like 14.6 years. It's all CNN's and Crrg's fault.

Nuonn

Smash Cadet
Lol, I'll take the blame for most of that since we play a lot. Guess I should start doing that, lots of fun tricksies from this tournament there were a ton of peaches there.

voorhese

Smash Master
hey i wanna do one of those 10 character ironman things, idk the normal ruleset but ill use this

- double blind first pick
- stage striking for first stage
- counterpick OUR neutral stages (including Stadium)
- when they counter pick you can "put a character back on the shelf" (keep same amount of lives, and grab different character)
- can counterpick same stage more than once, except with same character
- obviously no double of character
- both characters lists are known by players b4 match starts
- no character changes can be made

-suggestions?
-takers?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Voorheese, if I end up coming down this weekend, we'll have to do one. Just promise me that I won't have to put up with your crying after you lose. :p Heh, it looks like my Nessy Crunch and Luigi may have to come outta retirement. :)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
hey i wanna do one of those 10 character ironman things, idk the normal ruleset but ill use this

- double blind first pick
- stage striking for first stage
- counterpick OUR neutral stages (including Stadium)
- when they counter pick you can "put a character back on the shelf" (keep same amount of lives, and grab different character)
- can counterpick same stage more than once, except with same character
- obviously no double of character
- both characters lists are known by players b4 match starts
- no character changes can be made

-suggestions?
-takers?
Maybe if you cut it to 5, with at least 1 mandatory low tier char.

I don't want to play for 1/2 an hour straight.

Maybe to even it up, you should be banned form high and top tier. Maybe it would be a little even that way, who knows? (I didn't get to play you at the last tourney)

And we'll throw in the rule you can use master hand 5x if you want. :)

Tourney this weekend is still a maybe for me. I might end up coming for a while and then leaving like last time, depends of homework probably. I'm hoping to have real money this time instead of oreos. ... But they are pretty tasty!

are dew crew car reservations for smym already set up? I might be able to go there, and hopefully not john out a couple weeks beforehand like vg bootcamp.

congrats on 3rd in teams, hope all is well with everyone.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
I just realized, why is Fro considered inactive?

Second, the 10 character Iron Man thing sounds fun. Is it similar to crew battles in that if your opponent takes 3 stocks off a character, the next time that character is used you have to SD three times?

Thirdly, chances are that I'm gonna have to john out of this next SSBO due to a magic tournament being held down in Indy. But after that, I should be able to attend every other tourny. (sorta) I might just end up attending doubles and skipping singles.

voorhese

Smash Master

Second, the 10 character Iron Man thing sounds fun. Is it similar to crew battles in that if your opponent takes 3 stocks off a character, the next time that character is used you have to SD three times?

Thirdly, chances are that I'm gonna have to john out of this next SSBO due to a magic tournament being held down in Indy. But after that, I should be able to attend every other tourny. (sorta) I might just end up attending doubles and skipping singles.
yah its basicly a crew battle played by just 2 people, and u can counterpick the characters instead of playing the same character till it dies, u just have to keep track of everyones stock....shouldnt be hard pencil & paper, and counting to 4 is serious buisness so..

'Fro

Smash Lord
I'll spare you the details, but in short, I've been kinda sick recently. While I can show up to tourneys, playing a full tourney might not be the best thing for me right now. At SSBO XL, even if I'm there, I might be inactive for challenges, so people can just go ahead and challenge above if they want.

I will be at XL in some capacity, though.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
Hey when is purdue going to have a brawl tourny for the brawlers at Purdue....I Know the Melee community is strong but the brawl community can be as well
Well, don't hold your breath. There hasn't been a Brawl tourny in the history of the club. If you wanted to arrange something for the off-weekends, instead, I know a few of our crew would show up.

Mr H

Smash Ace
Hey when is purdue going to have a brawl tourny for the brawlers at Purdue....I Know the Melee community is strong but the brawl community can be as well
why would the melee community make a brawl tourny?
if someone wants a brawl tourny then someone should step up and schedule it

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
We can probably house you on friday if you want I think we met at Big C's tourny Im at KSO's old residents send me a pm and I can give you more details

ok, i really need housing night before, can anyone hook me up???
bun bun? kso? iammicrowave?

P.M. me would ya
much oblige

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
I would advise you to start organizing it if you are interested, as others have said there are people in the dewcrew that play brawl but I can't imagine anyone out of that group has the iniative to start a tourny, and the people who play only melee definatly will not make the effort to start brawl tournies.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
yo i would play in a brawl tournament. we should try to get one organized

Top Bottom