• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Tomacawk

Smash Master
goose do you think I should have gone marth against your fox? Idid well at jab2 but friendlies are not the same as tourny play. I have faith in my marf but ripple is an adamant non-believer in it so I figured I'd be better off with flacon or flaco
i ALMOST went GnW and sheik >.> *****es don't know bout my game n watch

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
goose do you think I should have gone marth against your fox? Idid well at jab2 but friendlies are not the same as tourny play. I have faith in my marf but ripple is an adamant non-believer in it so I figured I'd be better off with flacon or flaco
stfu about your GnW and ness, you didn't even play them, and i woulda ***** that noob sauce.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
GTFO. I did play ness, you just didn't see it.
In fact I beat DJ's sheik with ness
and I wasn't joking. I really did consider GnW for grand finals. If I had played him at all recently I would have tried it

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Well, I've basically decided that I'm going to go to Purdue next fall (majoring Chem Eng), so I'll definitely be getting back into Melee when I come. I haven't play much recently (hard to get together with friends/playing too much Heroes of Newerth), but once I'm down at Purdue there won't be any reason for me not to get back into form.

Since it is my future school, I may come down for another tournament during this school year if I can convince my friends to start playing again.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Well, I've basically decided that I'm going to go to Purdue next fall (majoring Chem Eng), so I'll definitely be getting back into Melee when I come. I haven't play much recently (hard to get together with friends/playing too much Heroes of Newerth), but once I'm down at Purdue there won't be any reason for me not to get back into form.

Since it is my future school, I may come down for another tournament during this school year if I can convince my friends to start playing again.
Welcome to chemical engineering! I'm in that major myself. Can't say I'll be the best resource for you, though.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
GTFO. I did play ness, you just didn't see it.
In fact I beat DJ's sheik with ness
and I wasn't joking. I really did consider GnW for grand finals. If I had played him at all recently I would have tried it
UGH
i hate fighting against ness. -_ -
when i play as ness, i didn't realize how awkward that character is to fight against -_-

Toasty beat my sheik on YS twice. I was so embarassed, and I still am.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Luke, I don't quite remember playing your Marth at JAB, so it would kinda be tough for me to say. Although the battle is extremely fun, I personally would prefer to be the Fox in the matchup.

As with GnW, heh, I just dunno. I mean, Kirk kinda said it with the Marth matchup, but my guess is that if you were to do it, it would've been to surprise my Fox (if I recall, GnW can punish Fox pretty badly) since I had to pick my character first. But even with my sloppy-*** Fox, GnW dies at like 7% with an uair and upsmash, so I don't really know about that one either.

As for Sheik--it's Sheik--so it's always a safe bet.

Welcome to chemical engineering! I'm in that major myself. Can't say I'll be the best resource for you, though.
Heh, sorry, Fro, I kinda lol'd when I read this.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah I wouldn't do GnW vs marth that's just ******** and I'm aware of the issues with the fox matchup, I've done it before. shield poke usmash at 50 = stock lol
and I won most of our games at jab2 in that matchup--I was doing a lot of side b to fair offmap gimps
edit: springfield has low tiers under control

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Good tournament, sorry I johned out of singles but I had plans. Glad both Tomacawk and Ripple could come down, although disappointed Carl couldn't see how much better Ripple's DK is than his.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts?

ckit- good tournament. i was glad to see how big the turnout was since it was for charity.

goose- um yeah whatever

tomacawk- thanks for the nice words about my falco. i had problems keeping you under control but good stuff. and thanks for 3-0ing my cousin the first set you guys played. its nice to see someone own that kid so he stays humble.

ripple-didnt play you but thanks for coming out.

george- we really cant sit next to each other in public places

kso- good stuffs we always have close sets.

voorhese- puff? for reals? i will beat you next time we play maybe

dj- good teaming with ya. sorry i was playing like a chooblet i think we couldve won a couple more matches if i didnt let ya down like that.

kirkq- teach me dominion.

jayford- good set. puff is too much for me :/

crrrrrrg-4th place? not too shabby for someone who hasnt played since like jab

hiroshi- you shouldve stayed you fool. you most def wouldve made it out of pools thus making you eligible for purdue power rankings.

walter- wish ya didnt leave man we didnt get to play except for those two teams matches which were awesome.

lanceinlospantelones-your falco is getting better man keep it up and thanks for the facebook add

im so outta it right now so sorry if i forgot anyone. thanks to those that came out in memory of nes noob! I look forward to seeing yall next semester.

voorhese

Smash Master
voorhese- puff? for reals? i will beat you next time we play maybe
yah my puff was a character i used for fun, and george and alan said it was decent so i played more, and i took a game of an unsuspecting fro, so i decided to not just use her for fun =)

i think you played it in teams also did you not?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
hahaha tomacawk and voorheese are long lost cousins, the more i think about it the more it makes sense. they talk exactly the same, if only voorhese was a pothead...

heres my list of people who are the same
1. brett and skylar(play low tiers)
2. luke and dylan(mindless techy fox)

hahahahahha i just remembered brett yelling random things, including "I will cover you in blood and elephants!" best part of the tourney IMO

voorhese

Smash Master
maybe me and tomacawk should team once, to see if team "go tech skill *wink* + *thumbs up*" is a good team lol

Tomacawk

Smash Master
mindless techy fox??
ummmm I think a lot during my games and adapt to my opponents pretty well
mindless techy fox was '08-most of '09
'10 is gunna be the year of the tomacawk =D

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
It's ok i got a korean friend. <.<
Oh do you think so?

guess what I am korean.

so your korean friend save cancels. =P

But, as george says this ↓
i won't kill you.

maus you have to kill brett(gauthic von b schonen) cuz hes the one who said it. dont shoot the messenger!
and ok then.

I am going to kill brett.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Would you mind explaining? All things considered, I fail to see any attempted humor, ironic or otherwise, in my post.
Well, I found what I thought was an attempt to make light of your own situation, so I thought I was more or less kinda laughing with you. But I see that I was incorrect.

tomacawk-and thanks for 3-0ing my cousin the first set you guys played. its nice to see someone own that kid so he stays humble.
Oh psh, don't worry, I'll always be humble. Besides, it's not that hard when I play the way I do.:embarrass

heres my list of people who are the same
1. brett and skylar(play low tiers)
2. luke and dylan(mindless techy fox)
That's a monstrous list, George.

Also, I couldn't keep up with the exchanges. Who's killing who now?

'Fro

Smash Lord
I have not been to Ford for more than a year.

I miss ford so much ;_;

GT dining food sucks. So i cook. my cooking tech skill is getting better.
mhahahahaha
Dude, make us some duk boki when you're next here! :lick:

Top Bottom