• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Oh, I forgot.

Seeing that the next SSBO is during Octuber break, me and Jay will not be attending. We are going to IL for a bboy jam.

Once again, dancing>gaming lawl

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
So, today was the closest I've ever come to sh***ing myself. A few days ago, I looked online to see when my STAT exam was, it said Oct. 5. Today, I checked my syllabus and it said that the exam was supposed to be Sept. 30, YESTERDAY!! So I proceeded to break every speed limit in my attempt to get to a TA asap. When I got there he said, "There wasn't an exam last night. The room didn't get reserved for that date, so it was moved to Oct. 5." MY INSTRUCTOR FORGOT TO TELL US!!!

So.... yah... Anyways, I'm now free for smash again. Brayn! (or anyone else) send me a PM of where you live or ur cell number. My phone is dead, so if anyone calls me just leave a message and i'll get it once i get to a charger.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Psycho Mantis?

Also, the past couple of posts bring up a good point. Who is going to be there next week? I already know George, Andrew, and Brain aren't. :(
I will. No travel plans as of yet, and it doesn't look like anything is on the horizon.

voorhese

Smash Master
lmao, do you even kno what isai drop really means? (you drop through a platform through while shielding, what you're describing is a simple mechanic that casual players know about... it's called "falling through a platform" and the game makes you use it >_>)

Anyways, it's almost always best to fall through the platform right away, but if you're not fast enough, you can always just run off the platform and laser again (reverse laser if you need to). Watch lambchops and dashizwiz closely.
dude no, isai dropping is dashing->fall through the platform, play falco
get on a platform

shl
ff
->,down,b

and you see its faster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uVk-myfyLI

ill record me doing a laser -> isai drop -> laser

im trying to see if its the fastest way through the platform after the shl

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This message is hidden because BunBun is on your ignore list.
That was easy.

EDIT: Also, Vorheese, I'm pretty sure the laser wouldn't come out. You need that fall time in order to give your laser time to get through its warmup lag.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Isai dropping is dropping through a platform from a shield.

Ask Isai or Mew2king

Also, I saw your post before you edited it, PEEF. MM my Fox, $20. Iggy can't save you now.
Ive heard both techniques called the isai drop.

What? No! I don't want to mm someone who is far better than me. Especially for any amount of money. Friendlies tho.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
So, today was the closest I've ever come to sh***ing myself. A few days ago, I looked online to see when my STAT exam was, it said Oct. 5. Today, I checked my syllabus and it said that the exam was supposed to be Sept. 30, YESTERDAY!! So I proceeded to break every speed limit in my attempt to get to a TA asap. When I got there he said, "There wasn't an exam last night. The room didn't get reserved for that date, so it was moved to Oct. 5." MY INSTRUCTOR FORGOT TO TELL US!!!
**** that sucks. lets egg his/her house/apartment.

****ing George! Get over yourself.
MOAR FRAGMENTS U FAIL LOLOLOOOOOLOLL

Carl/Jay where in IL is the bboy thing?? you guys should come to my house while you are there!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Haha, yeah. That match provided us with so much Evansville lingo its rediculous.

Rene, I'm at the bash right now if you want to come I'd love to play.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
Haha, yeah. That match provided us with so much Evansville lingo its rediculous.

Rene, I'm at the bash right now if you want to come I'd love to play.
whoa im so sorry. you know it is pretty ridiculous of me. i hadnt thought that maybe everyone had seen a video that is nearly a year old. how foolish of me to think i was the first one to ever see it. and sorry for be so outdated with your lingo. i guess there isnt such a thing as posting for funsies...i will try better to keep up to date with you cool evansville people...um yeah ill get right on that

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
butthurt much?
i know its hard to "hear" sarcasm through the interwebz, but Evansville isnt about to start talking **** with the only other people in the state who we can play with. Relax.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
You sound so silly.

We were just agreeing that the match was awesome. Unlike your nerd rage would suggest, I was not saying you were behind the times, or that your lingo was enferior. Just saying I was in agreement with you about the coolness of that match, but it looks like you are determined to pick a fight with me no matter what. You are trying to jump on the "attack PEEF" bandwagon and you look really stupid attacking a peaceful post of agreement.

_kSo_

Smash Master
You sound so silly.

We were just agreeing that the match was awesome. Unlike your nerd rage would suggest, I was not saying you were behind the times, or that your lingo was enferior. Just saying I was in agreement with you about the coolness of that match, but it looks like you are determined to pick a fight with me no matter what. You are trying to jump on the "attack PEEF" bandwagon and you look really stupid attacking a peaceful post of agreement.
You should look into phrasing your posts more clearly since, like Reneblade stated, sarcasm is hard to detect through the internet. The reason you come off as arrogant and sophomoric is because you usually fail to adjust your wording to match the appropriate method of communication.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Can everyone just pipe down? No need for unnecessary remarks being thrown all over the place. Evansville people especially. You guys have severe trouble with making your intentions clear through any of your posts. Bryan a.k.a Burrito is one of the nicest Smashers you'll ever meet, and I don't throw that around lightly. He would never have reacted that way if he didn't sense an arrogant, cynical tone from your posts, and he's not being unfair in sensing that.

Moral of the story: Make your intentions clear.

Top Bottom