• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
good **** Over!!

can't wait to see some vids of this

Dahean sure did well but Amsah and Zgetto is a tough bracket

What about K-12?

and teams?

stelzig

Smash Lord
Good tournament. Shame i missed pools in brawl and melee (especially in melee where i simply messed my first match up :'(), but at least i managed to not get 4-stocked (thanks for sandbagging against me so much faab haha)

Edit: Oh and Jonas is missing his controller. I think he said he had put his name on it so just putting it out there.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
WOW I love how two days has gone since this tournament has been on and there are still not even full results of the tournament and barely any information.
Does anyone love this cos I defintely do?

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah its ridiculous esp for such a large event, ive even checked the french boards but notu on there. Anyone got any ideas of how charles/fuzzyness did in the bracket?

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Singles Was crazy as ****.. Watch out for the vids^^
Teams was pretty gay that amsah/adam played dahean/over that late, would have been different for sure if they played at normal time =/
@ Kone: i believe Fuzzyness got like 13th or something.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Hep!

I lost my GC controller at the tournament. It's a black first party controller with a label on it that says "JAS". If anyone's seen it, please PM me.

I also got a USB cord with me by mistake. It's manufactured by LG, and it looks like some sort of USB charging cord for an electronic device. If you've lost one like that, please PM me, and we'll work it out :)

Anyways, great tournament =D

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Okay.. mini shoutouts regarding this tourney

LONG *** TRIP DAYUM, traveling with AJP is hard work, but it's cheap so it's all okay.
France sucks big time, no one knows English and everyone smoke..

Things that got stolen from me
1.My jacket/shirt (Green and gray(with a red tag/sticker) with a zipper) - First day
2.Someone took over 3L from my water tank... AND IT HAD MY NAME ON IT, FU whoever did it
3.My Fanta, ALSO HAD MY NAME ON IT, AND WAS IN MY PLASTIC BAG WITH MY NAME ON IT, FU VERY MUCH.

And probably some other things that I had in the fridge..

Good shoutouts -

Nice tourney, and strawhat and overtriforce, let's play teams soon again

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Things always get stolen at tournaments, when people travel into another region they need to learn to keep their property RIGHT next to them all in seeing distances at all times or give it to someone they trust.

I trust no1 if I don't know them.

stelzig

Smash Lord
^Which is also why i simply keep all my most important/valuable stuff in my backpack which i carry with me all tournament.

Regarding food some danes also got quite alot of stuff stolen lol. You're not alone on that one. Seemed some people not only just took it, but went on to then throw the paper from it on the ground outside too:dizzy:

porc

Smash Journeyman
All I have on my computer is Brawl teams results, the rest is on Salepate's computer, I hope he'll wake up soon.

Brawl teams :
1: Mr-R + istudying (Mr-R + istudying)
2: Broken whip (Charby + Kaos)
3: Boxmode + Gaki (Boxmode + Gaki)
4: Finale BI6 (King + Leon)
5: New comers (Glutonny + Karma)
5: Cenel + Izaw (Cenel + Izaw)
7: Zudenka + Yass (Zudenka + Yass)
7: Pancake combo (Kitsune + JuJux)
9: North Fatality : you stole my style (Raw! + Rydle)
9: Greward + Marcbri (Greward + Marcbri)
9: Michael Jackson (Hope + M')
9: Chais pas (Manko + Bjay)
13: Gmoney + Gambit (Gmoney + Gambit)
13: Sonic is not a pokemon (Blackshadows + Joseph)
13: Calzorz + Kira (Calzorz + Kira)
13: Banana fart (Neji + Nexoult)
17: Fuzzyness + Makomako (Fuzzyness + Makomako)
17: Unski + Orb (Unski + Orb)
17: Vif Argent + Zenguyen (Vif Argent + Zenguyn)
17: Pin-K Thunder (Achoral + M-D)
17: Zulu + Yama (Zulu + Yama)
17: Rebaz + skippo (Rebaz + skippo)
17: Miyu approves this **** (Miquel0123 + Hikotsu)
17: Blad01 + Kly (Blad01 + Kly)
25: Ixis + Auroreon (Ixis + Auroreon)
25: DansiBabsi + Faab (DansiBabsi + Faab)
25: Jey + Zabidou (Jey + Zabidou)
25: Chocapic + Soreb (Chocapic + Soreb)
25: CP2 + Tom (CP2 + Tom)
25: Oskar + xPx (Oskar + xPx)
25: CaptainChoc + Sosuk (CaptainChoc + Sosuk)
25: DJ Freg + Draxraven (DJ Freg + Draxraven)
33: Oscar + Haze (Oscar + Haze)
33: Sylvoute + Kudemo (Sylvoute + Kudemo)
33: Samohtertiam + Vick (Samohtertiam + Vick)
33: Amsah + Mind Trick (Amsah + Mind Trick)
33: link69 + deathnoting (link69 + deathnoting)
33: Aqua + Stelzig (Aqua + Stelzig)
33: Mahie + Samplay2 (Mahie + Samplay2)
33: Zebdal + Doraki (Zebdal + Doraki)
33: Coco + Jonas (Coco + Jonas)
33: Tim + Emo (Tim + Emo)
33: Akuo + Felker (Akuo + Felker)
33: Lawrencelot + Tierse (Lawrencelot + Tierse)
33: Pa amb tomaquet team (naT + Edu)
33: Eldaflash + Cromat (Eldaflash + Cromat)
33: Abild + Oni Nick (Abild + Oni Nick)

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind that much, but really I wouldn't mind if someone asked before they took some water because they pretty much just took and then left it standing somewhere or put it in like I wouldn't notice.

Alot of people asked if they could take some, and I didn't mind.. and don't say something like "Maybe they drank all that"
they didn't.

Overall, thanks for supporting and holding this tourney up porc, Slhoka wouldn't have worked out without you guys.
---

People shouldn't steal, I mean really.. would you want to buy food for 40euro+ and then get half of it stolen?
Sure you may be hungry or want water, GO ASK SOMEONE.. I'm sure that newcomers stole my water(etc) or just ignorant players but really when 70% of all people there speak french you should try to get some friends or ask if they could sponsor you some food or money, or even better DON'T go to tourney without money or food of sort.

Great tourney however, don't really think I should be doing shoutout here though, if people start doing it I might.

Samochan

Smash Master
I know what you mean Nizro... for some reason, I'm always the target of energy drink thefts, it has happened ever since rox4 and no amount of fuming about it and naming my stuff helps. And one bad thing about keeping one's property from getting stolen is that one cannot partol the fridge like 24/7, neither keep one's bag and all that luggage near at all times when playing. So one needs to trust the smash community, which tends to steal quite a lot amount of food from others. >_>

I really think people should be a lot more considerate to each others when in tourneys. It is certainly not fun when you've bought food to yourself and all of a sudden you're left hungry or thirsty because some jerk stole and ate it without asking for permission. Maybe some pre-tournament speech would be welcome when people need to sign up and such and most have arrived and are attentive, so tourney host could establish some ground rules so even those who are not considerate or are ignorant to rules understand how it goes on tourneys and what are not tolerated in there.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I understand that it's necessary to keep track of your stuff but when you get robbed like that it's a completely different story. You go to a tournament to enjoy yourself not to worry about your stuff every ****ing minute.

:059:

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Now that I look at your posts, it amazes me that I didn't lose my DS or the two SSB games I brought with me o_O
Same for my Wii, my laptop, the video projector a friend lended for the tourney (the one for the finals), my sensor bar, my sleeping bag, my bottles of juice in the fridge and my phone that I had left on the main desk when I was doing my interviews and stuff.

On the last day though, someone stole my sleeping bag and my boxers (??!) around 7AM, I found them in the other venue 2 hours later, against a wall.
Also, the remotes of 2 of my TVs moved to the other venue and were found on the ground, under power sockets. I have no idea what the guys who've done this had in mind.

I was glad to be here and felt bad about the late of the tournament...Also was disappointed for the Melee finals. The Brawl finals were crazy, so the logic would say the Melee finals would be even more exciting, though it didn't happen.
But well, Melee brackets were already crazy as hell (:

That was too bad for some players though, lots planned to stay only one day, and couldn't attend everything they wanted to because of the late (Glutonny, Bjay, Gorn...I think there are others)
Also I was so glad to have met lots of players I knew from the internet and to see some players Ive already met at ESA3 or other tourneys I attended.

Unfortunately didn't manage my time very well so haven't done lot of freeplay :/ wish'd I could have faced some people.

For people who don't know who I am, I am the dude who was at the main desk almost all the time and the one who did the interviews, that's why I couldn't twitt that often, I apology for that.

Also, very bad news about the interview of lots of Brawl players. My laptop crashed in the middle of their videos, making the video freeze. However, if I play the videos under VLC, the sound continues. It does that with most of the first videos I recorded using Photobooth, while the ones I recorded with Quicktime have no problem at all.
Weird...

So right now I have the interviews of :

Melee :
-Amsah, Adam
-Baxon, Agony
-Strawhat Dahean, K12, Overtriforce
-Joanna Dark
-Kriz, Tonberry
-Zgetto, Faab

Player who attended both games :
-Charby, Kaos
-Leon (aka Nassim)

Brawl :
-Gregs, Aqua
-Kira, Calzorz
-Kly
-Rydle, Neji, Miquel0123
-Sosuk (who answered all my questions with 3 words)
-Zudenka, Kudemo
-Zulu, Jujux

Crashing videos :
-Cenel, Rebaz. It was one of the funniest ):
-Gaki (aka Moreno), BoxMode (aka Boku). It crashes in the middle of the first question...>_>
-Izaw. Last 4 questions are missing
-Mr. R, istudying. Crashes in the middle, and more than that, the sound unsynchs...
-Marcbri, Greward. Just crashes in the middle of the video.

So next time I'll afford or try to ask someone for his camera. Unskilled even proposed me to help me, I should have accepted...That sucks.

Anyway, for those who I interviewed, contact me with your mail adress or anything I could send the videos too so that you can give me a txt/rtf/doc file in which you write the translation of what you said. Or at least of someone whos not gonna be lazy to do it :laugh:

Also, about videos of matches, as said, stay tuned on AJP_Anton's FTP for Melee vids. He didn't record any Brawl, so unfortunately, Leon's WoP&3stock against skippo and Zudenka's Yoshi 2stocking Gregs' Falco on Jungle Japes were lost.
Myself and Charby are currently recording the replays that players have left on my/his Wii, and Unskilled has recorded Melee simple finals, Brawl simple finals and Brawl doubles Grand Finale with his camera. All this will appear on SmashTournoi @ Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/SmashTournoi

I guess I said all I had in mind for now, apart from thanking players to have come, and thanking porc/Salepâte/Slhoka a lot for the tournament and their efforts, and especially their involvement in Brawl as they actually don't care much about that game.

Also, this tournament makes it clear : Dutchies rock. Even when they're not playing.

stelzig

Smash Lord
"On the last day though, someone stole my sleeping bag and my boxers (??!) around 7AM, I found them in the other venue 2 hours later, against a wall.
Also, the remotes of 2 of my TVs moved to the other venue and were found on the ground, under power sockets. I have no idea what the guys who've done this had in mind."

If that is the case i suppose/hope there is a chance that is where Jonas' controller is too. He sounded pretty certain that he had put his controller in his bag the night before, but we had to leave for the bus so we didn't have time to look in the other venue (nor would it make sense that it should be there unless someone else had taken it).

Edit: Oh and it's so lol that so many great players seem to know me or remember me from RoS4 even though i'm ****. Maybe next time i'll play a bit with you guys instead of just saying hi when you approach me so i can try to get better lol. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom