• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bubble Tea and such thread....Snakeee professes his love for pomegranate juice!

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
like vlad said phd is going but thats not much of a great representation pride u have to go and rep the crew so we can say PE won some matches there lol
Wait...y aren't Snake, Shadow, and Eli wont be at weeklies?

@NC1 Pride : Welcome to Pheonix, Im Ph.D HoMaLoN or Dr. HoMaLoN, I am the Crew's only R.O.B player and a pretty scary one too. I'll make you sweat if u dare to oppose ROB !!!!!!!!!!!! just efff-ing with ya. Me, Vlad, And Xivx is going to be at Weeklies

Snakeee

Smash Master
No no Ph.D we're not going to THIS weekly because of ESTICLE...but we'll be at like every other one lol. And my bad I'll keep you guys more updated about big tourneys in the future.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I'm not going to this weekly or Esticle, even if I live so close.

May go to CH4 though...

Oh yeah, and good **** Pride. Also, why haven't we ROB ditto'd yet, Mista Ph.D?

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
ok guys your crew mates ego is greatly crushed and need some help
I was 3 stocked by a Meta Knight both rounds and now want to know what characters counter MK. I need to now or i dont think i maybe able to do this anymore

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
If there's anything that stands out when I play you, Ph.D, it's your technical ability. I also know you used to play Doc in Melee, so give Mario a go in brawl. I'm sure Shadow can attest to Mario's ability to beat Metaknight. The cape works wonders, experiment with it because I know you can pull it off.

Also, if you'd like, you can try Marth.... some well placed tippers can turn the tables in any matchup, but vs. Meta it is more crucial and can kill at like 70-80%. Choose stages that screw Meta's abilities that are easily exploited.

You don't want a lot of breathing room for a Meta player... get used to uncommon counterpick stages that you can put to your advantage. Bring the fight to Norfair, Brinstar, or Castle Siege. And I'm pretty confident in Pokemon Stadium vs. Meta.

Hope this helps.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
ok guys your crew mates ego is greatly crushed and need some help
I was 3 stocked by a Meta Knight both rounds and now want to know what characters counter MK. I need to now or i dont think i maybe able to do this anymore
Well, first of all, who was the Meta Knight? Jman? Godot? Duo?....Wes?

Second, I don't think Rob should have that much of a problem with Meta. All of his moves that have his rocket boost (Nair, bair, and dair) have a good amount of range and priorities. If timed right, it can hit Meta. Also, I find that his down B top can give issues too cause it can hit and be re-catched just like Melee Peach. I could tell more, but I'm sure you know this

If you want to know what gives Meta knight trouble, maybe try out snake. stupid amount of power and range = wtf!? XD

You can try out Mario like Eli suggested, or you can try out Luigi. I think a good amount of characters have SOME chance with him. it all takes mindgames and patience.

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
Well, first of all, who was the Meta Knight? Jman? Godot? Duo?....Wes?

Second, I don't think Rob should have that much of a problem with Meta. All of his moves that have his rocket boost (Nair, bair, and dair) have a good amount of range and priorities. If timed right, it can hit Meta. Also, I find that his down B top can give issues too cause it can hit and be re-catched just like Melee Peach. I could tell more, but I'm sure you know this

If you want to know what gives Meta knight trouble, maybe try out snake. stupid amount of power and range = wtf!? XD

You can try out Mario like Eli suggested, or you can try out Luigi. I think a good amount of characters have SOME chance with him. it all takes mindgames and patience.

so... Lucario (Jokaru) vs. metaknight

chance of winning?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I havn't fought a lot of Lucarios, so all I'm gonna say right now is based on my opinon.

Metaknight (Batman), could have a bit of an advantage spot against Lucario (Jokeru). HLucario's attacks gives him space, but it won't too much help if he's able to powershield his way through. his charge up projectiles may give meta some trouble, especially if he has high enough damaged. What I definitly know is that Lucario will be gimped if Meta edgeguards well.

You're best off asking someone else, cause I don't want to give you bad information. >>;;

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
I havn't fought a lot of Lucarios, so all I'm gonna say right now is based on my opinon.

Metaknight (Batman), could have a bit of an advantage spot against Lucario (Jokeru). HLucario's attacks gives him space, but it won't too much help if he's able to powershield his way through. his charge up projectiles may give meta some trouble, especially if he has high enough damaged. What I definitly know is that Lucario will be gimped if Meta edgeguards well.

You're best off asking someone else, cause I don't want to give you bad information. >>;;
so.. a barrage of aura spheres would work? cause smashing that guy is friggan hard since he flies forever.

(and its Jokaru >_<)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
so.. a barrage of aura spheres would work? cause smashing that guy is friggan hard since he flies forever.

(and its Jokaru >_<)
I would think it'd work. Since Meta falls victim to projectiles. A nice mix up would be to charge up the Fsmash. Then, if he blocks it, hit him with a charged up Aura sphere. It'd catch them by surprise, especially if they try rushing to you. Also, I hate his Dair. I think it'll stop Meta when he Up Bs. Also remember, your aura spheres can cut through Meta's tornado as long as it's over 12% of damage, so a medium charged sphere should do it. I think his Down B can also hit through it (cause I'm thinking he's invincible when he's in counter attack animation)

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Wow ok, thx guys. I also remember Vanz and Shin saying Charizard Counters Meta so, im gonna experiment with Mario, Luigi, Marth, and Charizard

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
ph.d if you're going for gimps vs meta. go mario cuz you can cape him after his up b even when he is just GLIDING out of the up b =/ .. which equals instant K.O. lol.

snake can give him trouble and marth can play a good defense with the sword dance too. mk vs marth is probably 6-4 mk though. IMO.

you really shouldn't have much trouble with your rob though.... he doesn't counter rob or anything >_>

also rockin, lucario can fight agaisnt mk very well.... the matchup could be about even.

about charizard... uh if you are playing a very agressive mk you will have problems with charizard... it really is NOT his favor... if you end up liking the matchup you can try it though.... he just gets easily gimped and because of his weight is comboed easily.

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Rock smash + flamethrower = stopped MK

no matter how aggressive the MK is a well placed flamethrower just kills all his momentum.

We all know the power of rock smash, just dont be like me and use it all the time.

Down throw kills @ ****** %'s

Teh cons about going PT, blue turtle and the d@mn plant...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is how I handle meta with Peach, and this match is brute hell for her.

I let him throw the first Punch and take it from there. If you have a projectile, no needto approach him. You can attack him from distance, he cant.

Also his Range is short so if you space your attacks well you can get some hits off. Meta can space himself as well but usually More characters have more range then he does. But ether way it is short so Keep that in mind.

Attack aut of your shield alot. If you expect a follow up with a Dsmash stay in your shield. Then when the Dsmash comes out,hit him with an air attack, reverse Jabs or reverse grabs.

Expect all his finishes at a good % to kill you. bait Meta alot. And then punish.

As godly Meta may be, look at his problems. And knowing this will help you. Abuse his problems.

And Metas true counter is snake. Don't get gimped and you win. M2K said so himself.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Hey guys, see how many of you can make it down to the Game Table in Mineola on the 23rd. It's a Saturday and it will have Brawl and Melee singles and doubles.

I know a lot of people are rusty at Melee, myself included, but this tournament should be really good. It's like $5 for each tournament, and a $5 door fee so no money is taken out of the pot.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Congrats Shadow for doing so well in teams. . Congrats both you and your bro on placing well.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Right now I'm using Olimar, ROB, Wolf, Lucas, Ganon, G&W, Snake, Sonic, Mario, Luigi (in that order).

But I'm seriously contemplating picking up PT and moving him up through the ranks. I wanna **** with all three of them.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
This is how I handle meta with Peach, and this match is brute hell for her.

I let him throw the first Punch and take it from there. If you have a projectile, no needto approach him. You can attack him from distance, he cant.

Also his Range is short so if you space your attacks well you can get some hits off. Meta can space himself as well but usually More characters have more range then he does. But ether way it is short so Keep that in mind.

Attack aut of your shield alot. If you expect a follow up with a Dsmash stay in your shield. Then when the Dsmash comes out,hit him with an air attack, reverse Jabs or reverse grabs.

Expect all his finishes at a good % to kill you. bait Meta alot. And then punish.

As godly Meta may be, look at his problems. And knowing this will help you. Abuse his problems.

And Metas true counter is snake. Don't get gimped and you win. M2K said so himself.
good advice Dark but this is about counters for MK and how i can do it. I swear if i see Steiner's Bro again in a tourney, im gonna make him quit smash

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
The thing with Charzard that despite being a big character with horrible gliding, some of his moves can answer several of Meta's moves.

For example. His flamethrower can, as Shin said, stop an agressive Meta Knight. And as soon as it nears its exhaustion, you could maybe shield/powershield his attacks to punish with a grab or an fltilt.

His Rocksmash, answers Meta's specials. His forward B acts possibly just as fast or faster cause the moment Charizard is pulling his head back, the hitbox of the rocks is in place and if you get around that point, you're taking those hits. Meta's tornado would eat through it half the time to 1/4th. This is because not only his tornado can't take projectiles (yes, it's a projectile of sorts) over 12% of damage, but there's so many hitboxes hitting him at one time (this part is my theory though). As you saw, it can aswer to his Up B, which makes an effective edgeguard.

I don't see this as a counter to meta knight, but i also don't see this as a easy fight. A smart player can make up for some of PT's weaknesses.

Snakeee

Smash Master
There are only a few characters where the match up is at least even or higher vs. Metaknight. The ones I know for sure are Snake, ZSS, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ROBs is ATLEAST even, and it could go in his favor

and on a side note, snakeee is amazing lol, its hard not to get 3 stocked on neutral stages

thx hanenbow, you almost did it for me lol

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I don't wanna watch Code Geass.

If I start watching it I highly doubt I can stop myself from continually wasting my day watching it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

OMFG Lelouch is the FAWKEN Man :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I wanna cosplay as him now ROFL

Snakeee

Smash Master
I don't wanna watch Code Geass.

If I start watching it I highly doubt I can stop myself from continually wasting my day watching it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

OMFG Lelouch is the FAWKEN Man :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I wanna cosplay as him now ROFL
Lmao I bet you finish it by the end of the week or earlier. I told you it was amazing.
And I'm so glad you're on Lelouch's side. Lelouch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Suzaku

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL I am inclined to agree with LK on that.

Lelouch = Genius

Suzuka = An absolute ******

LOL

Suzuka: I WANT to go to a rigged court where Imma probably get executed for.

What an idiot.

Top Bottom