• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Why? I would be interested in that game honestly. Still think it’s 99% likely to be a fake however...
They said that Ryu would be posted on the blog that day as proof. (I imagine they were hoping that Ryu would be posted to coincide with his games anniversary) so it's fake.

That said I'd happily take Thousand Year Door on the 3DS if it mean getting Isaac and Felix playable in Ultimate. (I mean personally speaking I probably wouldn't buy it even if it was a Switch remake)

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
2 and a half or something hours later... *head desk*

Suffice to say, I used fast forwards liberally. I think it's time to give crossbone a try (and finally get the last Djinn)

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I wanna bring a certain detail into the spotlight that some people tend to forget re: the Rathalos picture
Sakurai doesn't take ALL of these screenshots. It could've been someone else working on the game who did it. Which brings into question, assuming that Sakurai didn't take the pic: What are the chances that whomever took the pic knew of Isaac's inclusion in the game? Were they playing alone? Did they meticulously plan something like this only to hint it so that maybe people who would visit the site notice this reference?

We have to also consider the angle that it could've been just Sakurai who took this picture and then decided to bring attention to it on his Twitter for whatever reason. We have no real way of knowing. What we DO know for a fact, however, is that Sakurai and his team absolutely LOVE having fun with things like these and making silly screenshots either referencing games represented in Smash or intended to represent some sort of interaction between characters in the series, so it absolutely *isn't* beyond the realm of possibilities that this screenshot could've been a reference.

Reference or not, I am really grateful that the screenshot happened because it gave Isaac quite a boost regarding his prominence in the Smash character speculation scene, and that makes me really happy. People just can't ignore Isaac anymore with the excuse that they had no idea of who he is. Which admittedly, makes it sting a bit when popular youtubers knowingly exclude Isaac from their roster speculation videos or what have you. But at this point, we don't really need validation for wanting Isaac seeing the amount of people that support him
This is pretty much why I feel the tweet is more than just a simple nod to monster hunter (other than the fact it's not representing all the weapons or showing the characters hunting at all, just lined up in a more RPG fashion).

Come on, Sakurai is way too busy overseeing development on the game to take time to set up pictures himself, let alone surf through the website in search of one. He hasn't posted ANY screenshots on his Twitter, just retweets of directs and gameplay footage.

This leads me to believe someone on the team who's a Golden Sun fan put in some effort in this particular screenshot to recreate the GS party and showed Sakurai who thinks it's awesome because he recognizes it as a nod to GS and didn't mind tweeting it because he knows Isaac's in the game anyways so he doesn't have to worry about fans taking it the wrong way.

Also the tweet was about the website updating, there didn't need to be a screenshot and if anything it'd be something like Mario or Kirby, it's not as if the picture had to be this big awesome shot or anything.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Won't lie, sometimes I wish the Rathalos picture didn't happen. Because ever since then, people outside of the Isaac speculation scene keep using it as "Our only proof that Isaac has a chance" when in reality there's a lot more factors going for the Golden Boy.

Call me trapped in an echo chamber due to my optimism on the subject, but I'd rather be in an echo chamber and get the news broken to me on the day than be constantly told our wants aren't possible in the first place.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Wow what a negative time this thread had back to 10 pages. Having already a really bad time of my life seeing this thread went down didn't help, but now it seems to be fine again ^^

Well I can understand it, after all the deception we had back to smash 4 even if I say I am more positive than never of course I fear of having nothing related to GS this time again but then if really Sakurai doesn't put any GS content this time again I won't understand why and be very shocked. I mean in Brawl we had an AT, a trophy and a song, in 4 nothing but a new song this time I'm really felling it that Isaac is gonna be in.

Again it's impossible to think Sakurai hasn't seen our fanbase be more active than never during the dlc period and now. Sure, we don't and will never know where isaac placed in the ballot but I am sure he did well, back to the ballot with my YouTube channel and only like 1,5k suscibrer I asked my most close friends irl and ivl to vote for Isaac and they did it. No really I am sure isaac did very well in the ballot and now he has most of his opponents in the game already with Ridley, Rool all the veterans returning.

Of course we can't say without a doubt he is in but again if us the fans don't believe it who else will? If we surrender the sun will never rise again.

The Rathalos pic, the ballot, the Leak render even false proves by himself that Isaac is a big competitor for other fan bases and I don't care about the RTC even if it's cool it does not mean that he won't make it in. (I don't say RTC is useless I really like the idea but for me it's just a rating game it doesn't bring any proof or anything).

So adepts let's make our voices heard and March forward with determination! ^^

Last edited:

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
If Isaac gets in, this needs to be a comic:

:ultcloud:: I have the biggest sword in smash bros!
: Let me show you something. *insert Ragnarok here*
I think rather than that it be a continuation of the ultra sword meme with the Ragnarok or Gaia sword falling slowly from the sky.

(Edit:
Cloud: Blond hair a aggressive stance and a massive sword? I shall call you Minime.
Issac: Uh...
Marth: (walks on screen) Hey I was just talking to Father Marth. Good to see that your getting along with Cloud Jr., Cloud.
Issac : (facepalms) Why?

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Won't lie, sometimes I wish the Rathalos picture didn't happen. Because ever since then, people outside of the Isaac speculation scene keep using it as "Our only proof that Isaac has a chance" when in reality there's a lot more factors going for the Golden Boy.

Call me trapped in an echo chamber due to my optimism on the subject, but I'd rather be in an echo chamber and get the news broken to me on the day than be constantly told our wants aren't possible in the first place.
Wait if people outside the echo chamber thinks the tweet is all Isaac has going for him, then that means they think said tweet is indeed a GS reference and thus that Sakurai is hitting at Isaac with said tweet. Wouldn't it be nice if Sakurai was like, let's get this nonsense settled and reveals Isaac next. Oh boy lol.

Zuppo

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3593-0420-8915

Suffice to say, I used fast forwards liberally. I think it's time to give crossbone a try (and finally get the last Djinn)
I beat crossbone island last month with all at level 27, and finished the game without dying. Level 40 is largely enough.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Cheer up guys, we just got to hold on a bit longer.

Also, found this in the B&K thread and liked it.

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I’m not sure what started the pessimism but relax everyone. Honestly I have a hard time believing Isaac is getting left out again. Yes it’s true we don’t know the true results of the ballot however, we have various voting polls from many different websites which all happen to feature recently revealed characters/assist trophies and guess what...Isaac is usually at the top of all of them!

Time will ultimately tell but this is our time people!!!

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice

Reminds me of when I was waiting for TLA to come out. Before class in college, every morning, I would spend an hour or so grinding in Venus Lighthouse. My goal, which I reached, was Level 54. I wanted to see Grand Gaia before TLA came out.

I was seriously pissed when Karst and Agatio beat Isaac and Ivan. They could have wiped the floor with those two.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Wow what a negative time this thread had back to 10 pages. Having already a really bad time of my life seeing this thread went down didn't help, but now it seems to be fine again ^^

Well I can understand it, after all the deception we had back to smash 4 even if I say I am more positive than never of course I fear of having nothing related to GS this time again but then if really Sakurai doesn't put any GS content this time again I won't understand why and be very shocked. I mean in Brawl we had an AT, a trophy and a song, in 4 nothing but a new song this time I'm really felling it that Isaac is gonna be in.

Again it's impossible to think Sakurai hasn't seen our fanbase be more active than never during the dlc period and now. Sure, we don't and will never know where isaac placed in the ballot but I am sure he did well, back to the ballot with my YouTube channel and only like 1,5k suscibrer I asked my most close friends irl and ivl to vote for Isaac and they did it. No really I am sure isaac did very well in the ballot and now he has most of his opponents in the game already with Ridley, Rool all the veterans returning.

Of course we can't say without a doubt he is in but again if us the fans don't believe it who else will? If we surrender the sun will never rise again.

The Rathalos pic, the ballot, the Leak render even false proves by himself that Isaac is a big competitor for other fan bases and I don't care about the RTC even if it's cool it does not mean that he won't make it in. (I don't say RTC is useless I really like the idea but for me it's just a rating game it doesn't bring any proof or anything).

So adepts let's make our voices heard and March forward with determination! ^^
I'm pretty optimistic in the scenario that there mysteriously still isn't any sign of Isaac or Golden Sun in the base game. Isaac had to have been popular enough to at least warrant an AT, so I would take him being absent again as a sign he'll soon become a DLC character.

I don't want people to lose all hope and take it to mean GS is just being forgotten and Isaac is done for. Even if he isn't one of the first DLC characters planned, no AT means Isaac still has a chance and that we should still be vocal. There are a lot more of us making our voices known with all the hope the tweet and K. Rool's inclusion brought (just look at how active this thread became). Some of K. Rool's band also joined our cause (same should go for Geno if he's in), so we could make a pretty hefty DLC campaign if we must.

You at least give yourself a chance as long as you don't give up.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I think rather than that it be a continuation of the ultra sword meme with the Ragnarok or Gaia sword falling slowly from the sky.

(Edit:
Cloud: Blond hair a aggressive stance and a massive sword? I shall call you Minime.
Issac: Uh...
Marth: (walks on screen) Hey I was just talking to Father Marth. Good to see that your getting along with Cloud Jr., Cloud.
Issac : (facepalms) Why?
So something like this?

D

Deleted member

If the bandanna thing is supposed to be the waddle dee, then the leak failed because waddle dees don’t have mouths so they can’t smile
Didn't the anime reveal that Waddle Dees eat by some sort of osmosis? They obviously can chew and swallow their food, but they do not have mouths.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm pretty optimistic in the scenario that there mysteriously still isn't any sign of Isaac or Golden Sun in the base game. Isaac had to have been popular enough to at least warrant an AT, so I would take him being absent again as a sign he'll soon become a DLC character.

I don't want people to lose all hope and take it to mean GS is just being forgotten and Isaac is done for. Even if he isn't one of the first DLC characters planned, no AT means Isaac still has a chance and that we should still be vocal. There are a lot more of us making our voices known with all the hope the tweet and K. Rool's inclusion brought (just look at how active this thread became). Some of K. Rool's band also joined our cause (same should go for Geno if he's in), so we could make a pretty hefty DLC campaign if we must.

You at least give yourself a chance as long as you don't give up.
I don't know why anyone would even consider giving up.

Ridley and King K. Rool are prime examples of why you absolutely shouldn't give up.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I swear someone is gonna draw an Isaac wearing 50 cent clothes and accessories and it’s gonna become Isaac’s meme
You don't know how much I need this in my life.

I’m not sure what started the pessimism but relax everyone. Honestly I have a hard time believing Isaac is getting left out again. Yes it’s true we don’t know the true results of the ballot however, we have various voting polls from many different websites which all happen to feature recently revealed characters/assist trophies and guess what...Isaac is usually at the top of all of them!

Time will ultimately tell but this is our time people!!!
I think it's the waiting game, the longer we wait the more painful it is. No one has "leaked" isaac etc etc. It's just a waitng game at this point

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
If you go by those rules, then you might as well add Goku. He’s highly requested in Latin America and would have an amazing moveset. Does that mean he should be in Smash then?
No, and this is why. Smash is a celebration of video games. Goku is first and foremost an anime character, so until we completely run out of video game characters to add no characters from other media should even be considered. So once we get doom marine, master chief, some mortal kombat reps, gex, frogger, ratchet and clank, spyro, crash, the ship from galaga...and any other rediculously impossible and off the wall gaming characters, then we can move on to anime and star wars, DC and Marvel...but by that time smash will be dead so no need to worry about those ever being included.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I know getting Isaac in the next direct would be ideal......but personally I'm looking forward to getting any new stage and finally burying that "no more stages" argument.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I know getting Isaac in the next direct would be ideal......but personally I'm looking forward to getting any new stage and finally burying that "no more stages" argument.
It’s weird that people honestly think Sakurai is gonna leave those six open spaces blank especially considering we have more newcomers to reveal. It seems pretty obvious Sakurai showed us that to let us know these are all the returning stages.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So what are we thinking for the next Direct?

My prediction is that it'll be announced this week for the upcoming one, and that it'll be a regular Nintendo Direct with more details on already announced games, one or two new ones and a Smash character trailer in the end.

Thoughts?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Chances are actually plausible that we kill two birds with one stone and an Isaac/Venus Lighthouse reveal will end the idea of 103 being final.

People take the fact that he showed a number off to definitively mean "no more stages" and run with it, even when that's literally the only thing pointing to it.

My prediction is that it'll be announced this week for the upcoming one, and that it'll be a regular Nintendo Direct with more details on already announced games, one or two new ones and a Smash character trailer in the end.

Thoughts?
It'll be revealed this week and will happen either around the 4th-7th or the 11th-14th. They'll give a lengthy presentation detailing the online service and then give updates for known holiday/2019 titles (FE Three Houses and Yoshi most notably) and show any unannounced games they have in the pipeline for this holiday.

There will be one unique character and one echo fighter revealed for Smash at the end.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Chances are actually plausible that we kill two birds with one stone and an Isaac/Venus Lighthouse reveal will end the idea of 103 being final.

People take the fact that he showed a number off to definitively mean "no more stages" and run with it, even when that's literally the only thing pointing to it.
Yeah I'm thinking either that or a Pokemon Sun/Moon stage along with a Pokemon gen 7 are the most likely scenarios right now.

(Obviously if Rayman or Banjo & Kazooie were revealed they'd also come with their own stages. Geno would probably get his own stage too, even though he's a Mario character I'd be surprised if he didn't come with a Super Mario RPG stage)

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman

Thoughts?

Only service comes mid september I believe, so it will come this wednesday unless they really want to wait for the last minute.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Thoughts?
I think the direct will be next week too, the week after next is possible but I'll stick my neck out and say next week.

I'll make a prediction for the character reveals we're going to get too...

Isaac and Rayman. (Opening with Isaac and closing with Rayman)

I'm going to predict that Sakurai will have his own segment at the end to talk about Smash Bros. He'll probably reveal an echo fighter or two, but I'm not sure who. "Leaks" would suggest Isabelle and Ken are the most likely candidates.

I know it sounds ridiculous but the Rayman in the clouds thing has made me feel more than ever that the chairs are a Rayman reference and not Skull Kid. Arguably the chairs match Rayman better since it's actually referencing Rayman and not one of his sidekicks.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

Thoughts?

I am scared about the next direct lol. i think we might get 2 fighters and 2 echoes.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Thoughts?
The best thing Sakurai could talk about is the Online mode for Ultimate since the Online Service will be the main focal point. This segment will probably get people to buy the online service. The best part that Sakurai could say is, "This time, we will have dedicated servers for Smash!" That will hype everyone!

As for characters? At least 2 newcomers and 2-3 Echoes.

Does the name "Leakypandy" mean anything to anyone? The name seems familiar but I don't really remember much about them...

https://twitter.com/leakypandy/status/1036231806129979392?s=21
I haven't heard of him, but Skull Kid as a boss makes more sense to me (even though SK as a fighter would be cool). It would be hilarious to see that the chairs really meant to be Rayman this whole time.

Tinfoil hat on: What if Sakurai saw how people misinterpret the chairs as Skull Kid so he had to find another "hint" for another character in hopes to get people distracted and not get their hopes up for SK. So he gives us the Rathalos tweet. But there are still people that disregard it because, "SKULL KID IS IN!!!".

Tinfoil hat off. Again, seeing Skull Kid's fate is going to be very interesting.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
The best thing Sakurai could talk about is the Online mode for Ultimate since the Online Service will be the main focal point. This segment will probably get people to buy the online service. The best part that Sakurai could say is, "This time, we will have dedicated servers for Smash!" That will hype everyone!

As for characters? At least 2 newcomers and 2-3 Echoes.
I agree that we'll probably get info for the online mode for smash but I reeeeeally don't see us getting 5 characters in a regular direct. We'll probably get 1 to 2 in my opinion

alguidrag

Smash Ace

For me they can yell things like that until the end of time, I think at least the Rathalos picture got people eyes on Isaac enough to make his reveal more than "Damnit... this Isaac got the place of -insert character here-" and less "Who is this Generic swordsman? WHY SAKURAI PUT THIS MINI CLOUD IN PLACE OF MY -insert character here-? I WILL DO A WALUIGI THING WITH HIM!" Because if Isaac got in, we would get that rage no matter what, at least now they alredy know who is Isaac... now they know our golden boy, and they fear the rise of his golden sun

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Does the name "Leakypandy" mean anything to anyone? The name seems familiar but I don't really remember much about them...

https://twitter.com/leakypandy/status/1036231806129979392?s=21
I've heard that name tossed around a few times, but I got the impression it wasn't a trustworthy one.

Seem to have a lot of hit and misses like Verge does, so they're probably similar in that they both have multiple sources. Often when LeakyPanda end up being wrong, the info they list had been listed as unverified/skeptical before they're proven false.

If you have a Twitter, they even list "moments" where they compile all of what they got correct and incorrect, so there's an unusual transparency that tells me they're trying to be honest in providing info. It's almost as if they're cataloguing rumors, so that even when they express doubt with the source, they have proof when true.

Of course, they naturally can't provide any proof ahead of time and have been hit and miss in the past, so I can't immediately trust their source on Skull Kid. It's interesting that this directly contradicts with Loz believing that Skull Kid is playable, so one is going to end up being correct and the other will be harder to trust.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Tinfoil hat on: What if Sakurai saw how people misinterpret the chairs as Skull Kid so he had to find another "hint" for another character in hopes to get people distracted and not get their hopes up for SK. So he gives us the Rathalos tweet. But there are still people that disregard it because, "SKULL KID IS IN!!!".

Tinfoil hat off. Again, seeing Skull Kid's fate is going to be very interesting.
I don't think Sakurai is that reactionary. Any hints that he plants are likely planned to some degree.

I feel like he's probably too busy to be looking into what the fans are freaking out about. :p

Last edited:

EclairSpark

Smash Rookie
Personally I really want the Direct to be next week or the one after (before Thursday preferrably) since I have that time off from college. Unfortunately I was in the middle of class for the E3 Direct and the 8/8 Direct ahaha...

As for hopes, ideally I would want Isaac to be revealed but I would absolutely welcome any sort of new stage being shown off likewise to shut up people who fervently believe the stage count we have now is final. I think we'll get 1 fighter and like 2 echoes at most since it's a general direct

bassem6

Smash Lord
Found this on a FB group I'm in. It's a post from 4chan on sept 1st that references a "leak" from gamefaq that was supposedly made on august 30th before wolf was revealed. https://imgur.com/a/nveHEXg

I tried going to the gamefaqs link to see if the "leaker" actually predicted wolf before he was uploaded but it says the gamefaqs post has been removed. People are saying its fake because the Xenoblade Torna DLC is already confirmed to be released in a couple of weeks as opposed to 2019. The leaker made an update which I linked here https://imgur.com/a/vrnHXiu

Likely fake but figured I'd toss it in here for discussion anyways.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
I don't know man. While there are many other factors that are on Isaac's favor Sakurai's tweet gave Isaac an edge over everyone else; just like how the background chairs gave an edge to Skull kid.

I think the picture is what turned his chances from "maybe, but unlikely", to "he has a shot".

Don't let other people sully your optimism!
The truth is that nobody nows the truth better than anyone else. We can theorize all we want, but at this point either Isaac is in or not, and all we have to do is just wait.

I truly believe that his best shot will be on the next big smash Direct.

Top Bottom