• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
If you view your character as the ultimate most important character missing from the roster it’s easy to look at other newcomers and go “stop ignoring us.” K. Rool and Ridley fans were sort of infamous for this.

Also gamers tend to be an entitled bunch.
As a K Rool and Ridley supporter, I guess I understand. But I never detracted.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought: many people bring up the stage count as away to prove that isaac isn’t coming. But we don’t know all the music that is in the game yet... something they don’t bring up
I'd also say to them to think real long and hard on only having effectively 4 new stages in this smash game. FD, BF and Big BF are just updates leaving us with New Donk, Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers and Dracula's Castle as 4 completely new designs. I'm expecting a low number, sure, but 4? Just 4? No way. Lowest guess I can give you is 10 new ones. Sakurai and crew love making stages for all kinds of random things. I just don't buy it.

Also, a good portion of the votes probably went to veterans that are in the game now.
Thanks for the reminder. Yup, characters like Wolf, Pichu, Young Link are basically why Sakurai just brought everyone back because they were definitely there too. That eliminates things even more and separates and shoves Isaac even higher on our hypothetical ballot.

EclairSpark

Smash Rookie
I wanna bring a certain detail into the spotlight that some people tend to forget re: the Rathalos picture
Sakurai doesn't take ALL of these screenshots. It could've been someone else working on the game who did it. Which brings into question, assuming that Sakurai didn't take the pic: What are the chances that whomever took the pic knew of Isaac's inclusion in the game? Were they playing alone? Did they meticulously plan something like this only to hint it so that maybe people who would visit the site notice this reference?

We have to also consider the angle that it could've been just Sakurai who took this picture and then decided to bring attention to it on his Twitter for whatever reason. We have no real way of knowing. What we DO know for a fact, however, is that Sakurai and his team absolutely LOVE having fun with things like these and making silly screenshots either referencing games represented in Smash or intended to represent some sort of interaction between characters in the series, so it absolutely *isn't* beyond the realm of possibilities that this screenshot could've been a reference.

Reference or not, I am really grateful that the screenshot happened because it gave Isaac quite a boost regarding his prominence in the Smash character speculation scene, and that makes me really happy. People just can't ignore Isaac anymore with the excuse that they had no idea of who he is. Which admittedly, makes it sting a bit when popular youtubers knowingly exclude Isaac from their roster speculation videos or what have you. But at this point, we don't really need validation for wanting Isaac seeing the amount of people that support him

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I think we know the stage total is not 103 and people are stupid (sorry not sorry) to think otherwise. They. Never. Said. It. Was. All. Of. Them. How many times am I going to have to say it? :rolleyes: Sorry but it's a lot like the "it's just a port" crowd. I do not respect them. Not anymore. Gloves are off.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
F9AF53EB-EFF3-4E1B-B86E-BD2495CAFCDA.png

The leak was confirmed fake but here’s the Isaac render! :3 cool nonetheless

Edit: ninja’d

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
If you view your character as the ultimate most important character missing from the roster it’s easy to look at other newcomers and go “stop ignoring us.” K. Rool and Ridley fans were sort of infamous for this.

Also gamers tend to be an entitled bunch.
Ridley and K. Rool were my most requested and yes there are characters I do not want in Smash (I think every smash fan has at least one character they do not want). That being said I have never and will never actively detract/attack a group that wants a character I do not want. They have their interests and I have mine.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
If we do get a Golden Sun 1+2 remaster on Switch what would you guys want the game to be called?
Golden Sun

Why complicate things?

Or just call it what it was meant to be called (and is called in Japan) Golden Sun: The Broken Seal.

Yoshi444 Yoshi444 I think Golden Sun Origins would be better suited for a prequel game detailing an adventure to seal away Alchemy or something.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Verg just confirmed Ken is an echo

So what has been "leaked"

Ken - Verg
Isabelle - Verg (However Loz says it's not true)
Square Rep - Verg (Could be Geno, or it could be FROG!)
Pokemon - Verg (Could be Incineroar)
Skull Kid - Loz
Isaac - Loz (Verg just said not to count out the series)

Now, I don't believe leakers, Verg got a lot of info wrong with Smash and Soul Caliber so I am taking everything with a grain of salt.

However, I feel like more info will come soon. Someone will leak the full roster

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Being serious I would call it "Golden Sun" like GOW 4 is only called God of War. Or "Golden Sun Origins" would be fine

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you call a remake/remaster of the first two Golden Sun games "Golden Sun" and market it as such, people are going to think it's only the first game getting remade, since that game is also known as "Golden Sun".

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Verg just confirmed Ken is an echo

So what has been "leaked"

Ken - Verg
Isabelle - Verg (However Loz says it's not true)
Square Rep - Verg (Could be Geno, or it could be FROG!)
Pokemon - Verg (Could be Incineroar)
Skull Kid - Loz
Isaac - Loz (Verg just said not to count out the series)

Now, I don't believe leakers, Verg got a lot of info wrong with Smash and Soul Caliber so I am taking everything with a grain of salt.

However, I feel like more info will come soon. Someone will leak the full roster
One thing I can say out of all of this: Isaac and Geno are the two big characters left in my eyes and that I will be shocked if only one of the two will be playable

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If you call a remake/remaster of the first two Golden Sun games "Golden Sun" and market it as such, people are going to think it's only the first game getting remade, since that game is also known as "Golden Sun".
I think giving a unique subtitle will at least distinguish it from the original.

Like 1+2. Or DX.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Regarding a potential Golden Sun stage, what if it took place atop a tower with two side Elevators and high level summons were relegated to stage summons while Issac could use low level summons were given to Issac akin to FF's Midgar?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So i just was playing Smash Bros Wii U, and while playing Norfair, The GS remix came on.

I felt a bit of sadness, even if his chances are better now.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Man I was at work for 4 hours and didn't check this it took me an hour and a half to catch up. I can't not associate fifty cent with Isaac now. He is my most wanted meme character. I was looking for trademarks a while back and found nothing cool that that was caught even if it doesn't amount to much. A new rerelease of golden sun could be like golden sun rising. I had a day dream earlier where sakurai tweeted out the the direct would be early in the morning so come watch the sun rise and got goosebumps lol. It's great to see how much attention this thread is getting and can only hope we were all there during the ballot. On a final note y'all like to stop posting as I get off work so I'll see all your wonderful faces tomorrow good night

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Man I was at work for 4 hours and didn't check this it took me an hour and a half to catch up. I can't not associate fifty cent with Isaac now. He is my most wanted meme character. I was looking for trademarks a while back and found nothing cool that that was caught even if it doesn't amount to much. A new rerelease of golden sun could be like golden sun rising. I had a day dream earlier where sakurai tweeted out the the direct would be early in the morning so come watch the sun rise and got goosebumps lol. It's great to see how much attention this thread is getting and can only hope we were all there during the ballot. On a final note y'all like to stop posting as I get off work so I'll see all your wonderful faces tomorrow good night
I swear someone is gonna draw an Isaac wearing 50 cent clothes and accessories and it’s gonna become Isaac’s meme

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I swear someone is gonna draw an Isaac wearing 50 cent clothes and accessories and it’s gonna become Isaac’s meme
If that happens, you can blame Pwnapplez Pwnapplez for starting that. Lol Though, I would honestly be impressed. And then a lot of rappers will associate Isaac as one of their homies. Not gonna lie, I would like to see that for the laughs.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don’t deny any potential success for isaac, geno, banjo, or whomever, but i try not to use polls as a way to determine whether or not a character will be in.
After all, if a poll on Isaac were to appear on GameFaqs, how would that turn out?
The poll size would probably be too small to be of any significance. The only vote that I give any weight to personally is the exit poll....which is an aggregation of about 14 polls with around 45000 votes.

We've already seen quite a number of characters on that exit poll appear in the game in some form (like Sukapon as an assist and Galacta Knight as an alt) which gives me some confidence that we at least will be seeing more characters from that exit poll getting roles in the game.

By the way, there's plenty of support for Isaac on gamefaqs if that's what you're getting at.

I usually see Isaac topping polls over there (small ones) Sometimes he gets beaten by Geno or Skull Kid though but in general he's always up there.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
E9FF4ABF-014B-4794-B305-862E4B6BF848.jpeg

I attempted to make the colours of Isaac more in tune with his official colours, if I had my laptop with me atm I could probably do this better

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
GSPPO Run:
Level 36 reached.
I am noticing a giant disparity in the amount of exp characters need per level. Garet and Isaac have the same amount of exp in total and yet Garet is like 10k from level 36, and Isaac just hit it.
Meanwhile Mia has 1k exp more than Isaac and Garet, and need like 20k still to level from 35 to 36.
What in the world.

Straight from a FAQ:
Level 99
Isaac
Garet
Ivan
Mia

I'm wondering how much longer I'll need to train before I can probably head to crossbone.

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac gets in, this needs to be a comic:

:ultcloud:: I have the biggest sword in smash bros!
: Let me show you something. *insert Ragnarok here*

Top Bottom