• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Does the name "Leakypandy" mean anything to anyone? The name seems familiar but I don't really remember much about them...

https://twitter.com/leakypandy/status/1036231806129979392?s=21
Sounds familiar to me too. Weren't they around in the Smash 4 leak/speculation era?

In any case, it wouldn't surprise me if Skull Kid wasn't on the roster. Don't mean to trash on the character or anything, but I don't think he's up there with the rest of the cast, there are probably characters in his own series that deserve it more (Impa, Ganon).

I don't think his support has been that big either and probably isn't up there with other likely candidates in the Ballot, he just got some recent hype due to the Moon Assist and the chairs, which I think is thinner evidence than even the Rathalos tweet. :laugh:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
In any case, it wouldn't surprise me if Skull Kid wasn't on the roster. Don't mean to trash on the character or anything, but I don't think he's up there with the rest of the cast, there are probably characters in his own series that deserve it more (Impa, Ganon).

I don't think his support has been that big either and probably isn't up there with other likely candidates in the Ballot, he just got some recent hype due to the Moon Assist and the chairs, which I think is thinner evidence than even the Rathalos tweet. :laugh:
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Skull Kid didn't make it. I think the biggest killer is the fact that he was an assist trophy in 4, so people probably didn't vote for him like they would have if they thought he had a legit chance at making the roster in 4. I think the recent explosion of support comes from circumstantial evidence, like the chairs and the Moon assist. If anything, I'd say that kinda hurts Skull Kid's chances, given that anyone would reasonably expect his Final Smash to be the Moon. But, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
For those who don't know, LeakyPandy has an inside source in Bandai Namco studios. I think they are the ones that said Dark Souls was in development for Switch, and that Ace Combat 7 was being delayed due to troubled development time.

Their stuff on Nintendo is much less accurate. But I do believe that they have someone on the inside of BN studios.

It's pretty sad for SK fans. :(

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Does the name "Leakypandy" mean anything to anyone? The name seems familiar but I don't really remember much about them...

This would be like Ashley's deconfirmation where we thought she was very likely to get in only to have a non-playable role.

But honestly I think Skull Kid as a boss wouldn't be a bad idea. Most bosses in Smash are humongous in size so Skull Kid would break that trend and would also have his other forms to use.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
For those who don't know, LeakyPandy has an inside source in Bandai Namco studios. I think they are the ones that said Dark Souls was in development for Switch, and that Ace Combat 7 was being delayed due to troubled development time.

Their stuff on Nintendo is much less accurate. But I do believe that they have someone on the inside of BN studios.

It's pretty sad for SK fans. :(
If this guy really does have insider source, I wonder how much he knows?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If this guy really does have insider source, I wonder how much he knows?
Given the amount of information and detail when it comes to the Bandai Namco leaks, and with a multitude of different games. (He also said Code Vein is in the works for switch), this information might just be coming from an employee who goes from one project to another. One who is flexible and easy to transition between projects. So he might just get small bits of info between each project.

Edit: But the fact that he's this confident about Skull kid being a boss, and that boss characters are treated with less respect than the characters, this could have some merit.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

Makes you wonder why they felt compelled, in their words, to want to come out and confirm Skull Kid's status vs letting the speculation run wild. There's tons of speculation going around with characters so kind of odd to want to shut down one fan base. Especially when it seems like Sakurai's tweet has caused more uproar and controversy in the speculation community, I'd figure they'd want to shut down us Goldens first if Isaac wasn't in the game. Either way who knows.

Edit: Though I am getting Ridley vibes off this whole boss scenario. So far Sakurai has only talked about two and obviously has more to reveal. Who fits these qualifications.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Makes you wonder why they felt compelled, in their words, to want to come out and confirm Skull Kid's status vs letting the speculation run wild. There's tons of speculation going around with characters so kind of odd to want to shut down one fan base. Especially when it seems like Sakurai's tweet has caused more uproar and controversy in the speculation community, I'd figure they'd want to shut down us Goldens first if Isaac wasn't in the game. Either way who knows.
This was the reason they provided.

"We normally wouldn't make such a statement but we were compelled by the state of the speculation on this character could lead to another "Waluigi Crysis" as events unfolded."

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well there's the possibility that they don't have any information that discredits any other characters. Also Skull Kid is probably the one character that has really come out of nowhere over the last few weeks so maybe they consider him a stand out for that reason?

To be honest they way they worded it does seem strange to me, I'm not sure I believe it that much.....even though Skull Kid being a boss makes sense. (and was something I was already thinking about)

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Edit: But the fact that he's this confident about Skull kid being a boss, and that boss characters are treated with less respect than the characters, this could have some merit.
Yeah, that stuck out to me too. LeakyPandy gives disclaimers for the info they aren't 100% on/they don't trust, but this time... they're not even leaving room for doubt there or in their replies.

Have they ever gotten high confidence claims like these wrong before?

Delta64

Smash Journeyman

"We normally wouldn't make such a statement but we were compelled by the state of the speculation on this character could lead to another "Waluigi Crysis" as events unfolded."
It would not be the first time Sakurai has teased a requested character's appearance for them to turn out to be a boss.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah, that stuck out to me too. LeakyPandy gives disclaimers for the info they aren't 100% on/they don't trust, but this time... they're not even leaving room for doubt there or in their replies.

Have they ever gotten high confidence claims like these wrong before?
Lower level employees could probably have access to Smash Bros Bosses more so than Smash Bros characters.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

I guess I'm stumped about why they think Skull Kid is a big uproar over chair hints when the community as a whole is more in sync about Skull Kid being in whereas the Rathalos tweet has seemed to stirred up more controversy over Isaac and a split community who thinks it means nothing and the other half thinking this is an obvious hint to Isaac. Basically, what if it was Isaac's name in that tweet! We don't know who's going to come out the woodwork now and shoot their deconfirm guns at us lol.

Edit: Nvm I guess it'd make more sense if they were aware of bosses vs playable characters. Now assists is another thing.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
We are not yet dead. No credible source has come out to deconfirm us. This is your daily reminder that everyone is going to be fine.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I guess I'm stumped about why they think Skull Kid is a big uproar over chair hints when the community as a whole is more in sync about Skull Kid being in whereas the Rathalos tweet has seemed to stirred up more controversy over Isaac and a split community who thinks it means nothing and the other half thinking this is an obvious hint to Isaac. Basically, what if it was Isaac's name in that tweet! We don't know who's going to come out the woodwork now and shoot their deconfirm guns at us lol.

Edit: Nvm I guess it'd make more sense if they were aware of bosses vs playable characters. Now assists is another thing.

Publicity.

Remember, Alex spread that theory of Skull Kid being in smash, and it spread around like wildfire.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I have been keeping track of music updates on the SSBU website. If we continue to get 1 track each week we have 14 music samples to be revealed between now and release. Currently there are 18 series (with fighters) that do not have music samples for their series (examples: Mario, Pokemon, Earthbound, ect.) Newcomers tend to get music samples shortly after they are revealed (echo fighters being an exception). The Legend of Zelda already has a music sample and I don't see Zelda getting special treatment.

Of course this is just my own speculation, and I personally would like to get another Zelda rep.

D

Deleted member

Such a shame there's no enemy pigs nearby like that other comic.

Last edited by a moderator:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I have been keeping track of music updates on the SSBU website. If we continue to get 1 track each week we have 14 music samples to be revealed between now and release. Currently there are 18 series (with fighters) that do not have music samples for their series (examples: Mario, Pokemon, Earthbound, ect.) Newcomers tend to get music samples shortly after they are revealed (echo fighters being an exception). The Legend of Zelda already has a music sample and I don't see Zelda getting special treatment.

Of course this is just my own speculation, and I personally would like to get another Zelda rep.
Hmm, that’s something I never thought about. I guess it would be strange for a series to get more than one sample track. You might be on to something. Sucks for the Skull Kid fans if this turns out to be legit.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
RelaxAlax is a prominent Smash Youtuber and all he did was cover the Skull Kid chair theory, he didn't create it. He brought it to a larger audience.

And frankly if Skull Kid isn't playable that's one more space on the roster freed up, which for Isaac is a good thing.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Now I'm understand... thanks! But he thinks Isaac is unlikely or he don't want Isaac in favor of others? the 2 things are different things that I see A LOT in smash speculation

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
RelaxAlax is a prominent Smash Youtuber and all he did was cover the Skull Kid chair theory, he didn't create it. He brought it to a larger audience.

And frankly if Skull Kid isn't playable that's one more space on the roster freed up, which for Isaac is a good thing.
Yeah, sorry. That's what i was meaning. RelaxAlex just brought attention to it, and since he's a popular smash youtuber, it spread around.

Now I'm understand... thanks! But he thinks Isaac is unlikely or he don't want Isaac in favor of others? the 2 things are different things that I see A LOT in smash speculation
RelaxAlex didn't anything about isaac. I don't even think he mentioned him.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't watch enough of Alax's content to judge him fairly, but I will say that Smash Youtubers tend to have predictions that are all over the place. There aren't actually that many with strong track records, to my knowledge.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Alax doesn’t oppose Isaac, he just made a video to try and predict the rest of the roster on one of his channels, and he said that Isaac probably wouldn’t be in.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I don't remember that.-
He had something about Isaac in the description of his video, something along the lines of "I gave some thought about putting Isaac on this list but decided not to"

I'm not a fan of a lot of his choices on that list but that's just me personally

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
While I do like the idea of more Zelda representation, I will say that the series has gotten a good amount of content for this game. For instance: Every Zelda series stage and character is back, a new Breath of the Wild stage, new music, Link and Ganondorf have significant changes to their moves (bomb rune, Ganon sword). New designs for characters like Zelda and Sheik. Unnecessary final smash changes. Even Kirby has the BotW chest transformation for his down special.

Many returning series do not have all these luxuries. Again I am supportive of more Zelda representation but, I think the series has a lot of cool additions already.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
The problem with Zelda is that we have 3 links when the series has tons of interesting characters so even with 6 of them it feels kinda limited.

Edit : Not only that by originally Zelda and Sheik were one character, so yea theres not a lot of variety here.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
He had something about Isaac in the description of his video, something along the lines of "I gave some thought about putting Isaac on this list but decided not to"

I'm not a fan of a lot of his choices on that list but that's just me personally
Wait, it was in the description?

Seriously? Something like tails being more of an echo than shadow is on there, but not even isaac?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's funny because the Zelda roster looks underwhelming in comparison to a lot of the other series nowadays but I bet if the Smash fanbase was still its usual bitter self they were complaining about Zelda bias back during the Melee days. ;)

Top Bottom