• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Honestly, people who have serious faith in Isaac are few and far between. We’re lucky to have people like ZeRo predicting him at all.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Isaac is one of those characters that honestly gets the least amount of attention in leaks tbh...even in Smash 4 days, there barely were any that included him or counted him out. Same thing here so far. Given what happened in Smash 4, could be a bad thing but who knows, ignorance is bliss sometimes too.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
This is so sad for Skull Kid fans if it ends up being true. He wasnt my most wanted zelda newcomer (is impa or urbosa) but with all the hype I had already made up my mind.

For one way or another, there would be so many hearts broken after the full roster is reveal

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We have more people who like him than we expect. Trust me.
This. However, it was honestly the very same issue with King K.Rool. Ridley to, at one point, but that was after a couple of hard deconfirms only.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Well if it turns out to be true I kinda expected that. Honestly that crazy hype for Skull kid a character barely anyone talked about before that skyrocketed because of a set of chairs wasn't healthy to begin with.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Well if it turns out to be true I kinda expected that. Honestly that crazy hype for Skull kid a character barely anyone talked about before that skyrocketed because of a set of chairs wasn't healthy to begin with.
The hype around Skull Kid after that direct was pretty weird. Somebody pointed at chairs and now many people think he is a lock. My response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru8DMW-grY

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is so sad for Skull Kid fans if it ends up being true. He wasnt my most wanted zelda newcomer (is impa or urbosa) but with all the hype I had already made up my mind.

For one way or another, there would be so many hearts broken after the full roster is reveal
What happened? I also prefer Impa if I where to choose only one newcomer, but it still would be a bummer if he couldn't make it.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
So... if the chairs means somethings at all, and it's not Skull Kid, what are they hinting at, indigo/purple, yellow and a plant that grow on earth.

:happysheep:

Crazy how Sakurai tease Isaac just after that on twitter.

Thought?

DogManStar

Smash Ace
So... if the chairs means somethings at all, and it's not Skull Kid, what are they hinting at, indigo/purple, yellow and a plant that grow on earth.

Thought?
That’s why I don’t put stock in the furniture as hints. You can see whatever you want in it. Cloud hints are like that too, honestly.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Thought?
I'm more inclined to think they're pointing at Rayman now.

There was also that image of a Rayman cloud, I mean it's a bit silly but taken together with the chairs it does make me wonder.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
What happened? I also prefer Impa if I where to choose only one newcomer, but it still would be a bummer if he couldn't make it.
Some group of leakers said on Twitter that Skull Kid is a boss,not a playable character

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
So when that leaker guy saying Skull Kid is a boss and he doesnt want people to be sad when they find it out.. does that mean Isaac is playable? Couse we are a huge fanbase too

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
This tweet showed up indicating with high confidence that Skull Kid is just a boss and not playable. The previous page on this thread talks about who this person is, but essentially, they're known to have an insider at Bandai Namco Studios that could be feeding them this info.

I mean a barrel in Sakurai's office yes that's unusual and could hint at K.Rool but regular chairs are just chairs whatever their color ...
If the barrels were a hint (something I do believe if we're giving the Rathalos tweet similar consideration), then I find it hard to believe that Sakurai would hint at a character the same way twice, anyways. Feels too predictable for Sakurai and could lead to even more people taking every bit and piece of the background out of context like they might be doing with Skull Kid's "hints".

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Thought?
*sigh* Dang it all! Now got me thinking that the plant is related to Earth Psynergy now. Besides the chairs being Isaac's Scarf and shirt, the couch is actually Felix's colors and the pillows are his shirt/breastplate.

When is that Direct coming?!?

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

Thought?
Isaac's clothes colours in the official art are purple and yellow right? Hahahahah

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Isaac’s outfit is blue and yellow, not purple. You could say lavender I suppose, but anything further is pushing it ngl.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Isaac is one of those characters that honestly gets the least amount of attention in leaks tbh...even in Smash 4 days, there barely were any that included him or counted him out. Same thing here so far. Given what happened in Smash 4, could be a bad thing but who knows, ignorance is bliss sometimes too.
Isaac has way more going in his favor now than he ever did in Smash 4, even Ridley and K. Rool weren't playable in 4. Seems like Sakurai didn't seem to know how popular some of these characters were until he looked at the ballot.

It also doesn't matter what the community at large thinks, all the hype in the world didn't help Chrom to be chosen as the unique FE rep in 4, neither did the community's insistence of the FE pattern fan rule get Ike cut for Chrom. Isaac's just pure underdog in every sense of the word. Also he's another blond haired blue eyed anime looking person who has a sword in his artwork lol.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Thought?
Rayman's primary colors are Purple and Yellow.

If they are supposed to mean anything at all.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So when that leaker guy saying Skull Kid is a boss and he doesnt want people to be sad when they find it out.. does that mean Isaac is playable? Couse we are a huge fanbase too
No....where did you get that from?

It's probably just the only information they have on Smash right now. (assuming it's even true)

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

It's probably just the only information they have on Smash right now. (assuming it's even true)
I think they mean since Isaac's fanbase blew up even more after the tweet, if it means nothing and Isaac isn't playable, then wouldn't said leakers want to stop Isaac fanbase from the Waluigi crisis too? Waluigi is our Camelot brother after all. Apple may not fall far from the tree.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
More deconfirmed characters more spots available for Isaac :p
Jk

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Isaac has way more going in his favor now than he ever did in Smash 4, even Ridley and K. Rool weren't playable in 4. Seems like Sakurai didn't seem to know how popular some of these characters were until he looked at the ballot.

It also doesn't matter what the community at large thinks, all the hype in the world didn't help Chrom to be chosen as the unique FE rep in 4, neither did the community's insistence of the FE pattern fan rule get Ike cut for Chrom. Isaac's just pure underdog in every sense of the word. Also he's another blond haired blue eyed anime looking person who has a sword in his artwork lol.
Oh man, I forgot about the FE character speculation during Smash 4 days! Giving me flashbacks to those dark times...

But yeah, Isaac is one of those characters who, understandably is niche so to a lot of people isn't on their radar, and doesn't stand out externally side by side with all the other swordsman, but if he does get in it'd still make a lot of sense. It reminds me sort of about Richter Belmont, in hindsight a Simon echo makes a ton of sense since the various Belmonts all have similar abilities, and Richter appeared in plenty of Castlevania games repping both the level based ones in Rondo of Blood AND Metroidvania in SotN(and arguably both were the best of their respective types), but yet most people when he was revealed went, "Richter who? Oh it says he's from Ronder of the Blood never played it".

So in that sense, Isaac would be one of those sleeper hits. But if he does get in, I don't think too many people will be surprised either way. He has a strong enough presence in Smash speculation alone that the idea is there.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think they mean since Isaac's fanbase blew up even more after the tweet, if it means nothing and Isaac isn't playable, then wouldn't said leakers want to stop Isaac fanbase from the Waluigi crisis too? Waluigi is our Camelot brother after all. Apple may not fall far from the tree.
If they didn't have any information on Isaac they wouldn't be able to do that though. I doubt they know everything about the game.

Also I got the impression that people were treating Skull Kid as more of a lock than Isaac, so I think it has more to do with how people think Skull Kid is really likely than it has to do with the size of his fanbase.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
he said that on a reply on his tweet

"We are sorry if you feel like our tweet ruined any surprises. We normally wouldn't make such a statement but we were compelled by the state of the speculation on this character could lead to another "Waluigi Crysis" as events unfolded. "

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Isaac’s outfit is blue and yellow, not purple. You could say lavender I suppose, but anything further is pushing it ngl.

I always thought it was purple, that just in game the outfit looks blue like the hair looks brown

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
If they didn't have any information on Isaac they wouldn't be able to do that though. I doubt they know everything about the game.

Also I got the impression that people were treating Skull Kid as more of a lock than Isaac, so I think it has more to do with how people think Skull Kid is really likely than it has to do with the size of his fanbase.
One the one hand Isaac's fate being left mysterious like this is for the better, no one seems to know either way and it's too early for Isaac to get deconfirmed.

Also every third party seems to be more of a lock than Isaac according to the speculation scene at times.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid
One the one hand Isaac's fate being left mysterious like this is for the better, no one seems to know either way and it's too early for Isaac to get deconfirmed.

Also every third party seems to be more of a lock than Isaac according to the speculation scene at times.
Third Party characters I feel like are not likely after the Castlevania explosion of content we got at the direct. Some echos of third parties maybe (Shadow/Ken). Also I think third party characters would make for good DLC (Just like Smash 4). Issac on the other hand would bring a new series to the base game without the hassle of legal trouble that comes with third party representation. (I doubt the only new nintendo series to be added will be Splatoon).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally I'd be very surprised if we didn't get at least one more third party franchise added to the game. (I think Rayman and Banjo Kazooie are the prime candidates)

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Skull Kid

Third Party characters I feel like are not likely after the Castlevania explosion of content we got at the direct. Some echos of third parties maybe (Shadow/Ken). Also I think third party characters would make for good DLC (Just like Smash 4). Issac on the other hand would bring a new series to the base game without the hassle of legal trouble that comes with third party representation. (I doubt the only new nintendo series to be added will be Splatoon).
I think 3rd parties that are HIGHLY requested (i.e. Geno, B&K, Rayman, Shantae, Sora) still have a decent shot. Remember, there were still 6 spots on the stage select screen. If those are stages associated with as-of-yet unrevealed newcomers, that could easily mean that one or more belongs to some BIG name (and at this point it would have to be a fairly big name given the hero's welcome Castlevania received) 3rd party.
However, I still think Nintendo IPs will get priority over 3rd parties (minus the aforementioned ones above due to how highly people want them, and maybe Professor Layton as well due to history with Nintendo).

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I forgot about the FE character speculation during Smash 4 days! Giving me flashbacks to those dark times...

But yeah, Isaac is one of those characters who, understandably is niche so to a lot of people isn't on their radar, and doesn't stand out externally side by side with all the other swordsman, but if he does get in it'd still make a lot of sense. It reminds me sort of about Richter Belmont, in hindsight a Simon echo makes a ton of sense since the various Belmonts all have similar abilities, and Richter appeared in plenty of Castlevania games repping both the level based ones in Rondo of Blood AND Metroidvania in SotN(and arguably both were the best of their respective types), but yet most people when he was revealed went, "Richter who? Oh it says he's from Ronder of the Blood never played it".

So in that sense, Isaac would be one of those sleeper hits. But if he does get in, I don't think too many people will be surprised either way. He has a strong enough presence in Smash speculation alone that the idea is there.
It comes down to how vocal each fanbase really is about their character which is the personality of the fanbase in general. Ridley and K. Rool are very vocal fanbases as well as many others on here. Most notoriously Waluigi and Ashley. This isn't bashing them in any way either, it's a general trend that is easy to see from the outside. Their fans make videos, post on reddit and twitter and just get out there with more frequency.

A lot of people that make these videos I think get the general impression that they do of Isaac because people who comment on their material or discuss with them through a chat/discord rarely if ever bring the name Isaac or Golden Sun up at all. So they think to themselves, "I don't get the feeling this character is all that popular...". Really, the only time you get the fanbase out of the woodwork is if there is some unprovoked argument that someone makes against the series in general, often making unfair claims. And even then, I've seen the GS fanbase acquiesce some of their argument in return and defend at the same time. A similar thing is actually happening right now in the RTC thread with a few users. Unfair claims are made, and people feel the need to defend it somewhat.

On the other hand, there's not a lot in the way of being proactive or preemptive about GS discussion that's not contained in a board or thread dedicated to the series or character themselves. Hence you get the stereotype that RelaxAlax and many other content creators for Smash utilize in speculation stuff. It is what it is, basically.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'd be very surprised if we didn't get at least one more third party franchise added to the game. (I think Rayman and Banjo Kazooie are the prime candidates)
Consider how many third parties were added in Smash 4 + DLC and the fact that all of them are back including Snake plus Simon and Richter. If you include Richter, that is nine third party characters across eight different franchises. This is also not including guest appearances from Shovel Knight, Bomberman, and Monster Hunter. I never thought Smash would ever get this many third parties because getting the rights to use those characters is really expensive.

A more cost effective way of adding more third parties without breaking the bank is to use echo fighters of a series you already have the ability to represent. Even if fan demand is powerful for some characters that is never a guarantee, not even in Ultimate.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
We
I think 3rd parties that are HIGHLY requested (i.e. Geno, B&K, Rayman, Shantae, Sora) still have a decent shot. Remember, there were still 6 spots on the stage select screen. If those are stages associated with as-of-yet unrevealed newcomers, that could easily mean that one or more belongs to some BIG name (and at this point it would have to be a fairly big name given the hero's welcome Castlevania received) 3rd party.
However, I still think Nintendo IPs will get priority over 3rd parties (minus the aforementioned ones above due to how highly people want them, and maybe Professor Layton as well due to history with Nintendo).
While there are notable and highly requested third parties, a part of me also thinks, yikes is there room for all of them? I feel as if the third parties are talked about more than the Nintendo franchises aside from Skull Kid who may not be a newcomer after all. As someone brought out, certainly Inklings aren't going to be the only new first party franchise, and they were pretty much a lock anyways.

This puts Isaac in an even more favorable position especially taking into consideration that so far only four new stages have been shown off. Though I wonder if we're sleeping on some Nintendo franchises with all the hype being around these third parties.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't see what a bestbuy demo has to do with a direct?

Would that be something they would mention in a direct? I'm not sure..., If they were releasing the demo on the eShop they'd mention it though.

I mean I think we can say a direct is "inbound" anyway since they're going to need to talk about online sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom