• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I think the problem with people's confidence in Isaac at the moment is that the tweet hint just polarized people. If you were already a fan of Golden Sun the tweet seems like an obvious hint. But if you aren't, the reaction to the picture likely just looks like a huge reach by a desperate fanbase. And given that Isaac is from an older currently defunct franchise people are going to write him off. But, I think if you are one of those who is super optimistic, it can be easy to be affected by people being pessimistic after you've come down from the high of seeing the hint. And so here we are.

For the record though I do actually feel like he will be in this time. I'd personally put his chances at 65%. I don't wanna go super high, but Isaac has a lot going for him with the hint and the fact that the ballot appears so influential. It feels like his time and I just have a gut feeling.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think the problem with people's confidence in Isaac at the moment is that the tweet hint just polarized people. If you were already a fan of Golden Sun the tweet seems like an obvious hint. But if you aren't, the picture likely just looks like a huge reach by a desperate fanbase. And given that Isaac is from an older, currently defunct franchise people are going to write him off. But I think if you are one of those who is super optimistic it can be easy to be affect by people being pessimistic, after you've come down from the high of seeing the hint. And so here we are.
Basically me rn.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Yep, but since believe is just a choice, I choose to believe in this leak

also I found this leak with Isaac
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/427821167
I think its fake, but that's is a good fake leak to laugh a bit.
I tend to doubt most leaks, including this one, out of hand, but I like this one solely because it gives some exact details about something like Final Smashes. It gives us a way to test validity later. Plus, if nothing else, the Alolan Trainer idea is cool.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I think the problem with people's confidence in Isaac at the moment is that the tweet hint just polarized people. If you were already a fan of Golden Sun the tweet seems like an obvious hint. But if you aren't, the picture likely just looks like a huge reach by a desperate fanbase. And given that Isaac is from an older, currently defunct franchise people are going to write him off. But I think if you are one of those who is super optimistic it can be easy to be affect by people being pessimistic, after you've come down from the high of seeing the hint. And so here we are.

For the record though I do actually feel like he may well be in this time. I'd personally put his chances at 65%. I don't wanna go super high, but Isaac has a lot going for him with the hint and the fact that the ballot appears so influential. It feels like his time and I just have a gut feeling.
I'm a big fan of Isaac and have been on his support thread since Brawl but I really do think the that the tweet as a GS reference is reaching. The angle does look oddly specific but it was really the only angle available to get three characters standing behind one another to look as if they were lined up. It's not as bad as the cushions/chairs bit though.

In saying that, it makes me happy how many people have come to support Isaac in this thread now. It's really crazy. I just hate that now, moreso than either Brawl or Sm4sh, there is a chance that many, many of us are going to be sorely disappointed.

BillyBat

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone had mentioned this but I was just browsing Golden Sun stuff and had no idea of Isaac's international names. It'll be weird to have two Robins.
Isaac (EN)
Hans (ES)
Vlad (FR)
Robin (JP)

KMDP

Smash Legend
He just seems highly unlikely to most people is all. I don’t think they hate him.
If Isaac ends up getting in, it'll be hilarious to me.

When the Smash fanbase thinks a fan-wanted character is a shoo-in, they don't get in (Wolf, Ridley, K. Rool)
When the Smash fanbase think the character won't get in, they tend to.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I don't know if anyone had mentioned this but I was just browsing Golden Sun stuff and had no idea of Isaac's international names. It'll be weird to have two Robins.
Isaac (EN)
Hans (ES)
Vlad (FR)
Robin (JP)
Well we have two Roys, but yeah two Robins on the CSS would be a bit weird. Oh well, that's Japan's problem!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
has sakurai ever given hints towards new characters at all?
He posted a random picture of Palutena's statue 5 months before her announcement and he mentioned the final presentation as climax before we got Bayonetta. People are iffy whether the red eyes tweet was a hint toward K.Rool's eyes and the Bloody Tears Castlevania song or not

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well we have two Roys, but yeah two Robins on the CSS would be a bit weird. Oh well, that's Japan's problem!
There is no problem, in this case.
EN - JP
Isaac - Robin
Robin - Reflet​

Last edited:

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
He posted a random picture of Palutena's statue 5 months before her announcement and he mentioned the final presentation as climax before we got Bayonetta. People are iffy whether the red eyes tweet was a hint toward K.Rool's eyes and the Bloody Tears Castlevania song or not
The first direct also had the fake palutena trophy, which was clearly a hint to palutena's inclusion.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
i'd say it's just best to keep the hope if we don't it'll just be sad this will be our chance

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I think the pessimism is coming from those who used to bring down all the Ridley, K. Rool, etc. fans. Now that those guys are in Smash, they have a need to go to the next big thing. Which is us! "So, this is what it feels like to be one of the big leagues?" lol

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The first direct also had the fake palutena trophy, which was clearly a hint to palutena's inclusion.
Oh yeah. That freaky Palutena...

That was when Nintendo did those trophy quizzes too. Man, Nintendo has changed.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Apparently the E3 direct had a rope ladder and barrels in it. So they seem to be doing it now as well.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
The people who say he hasn't been hinting haven't been paying attention. Some are obvious and some are really hard to decipher

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
I think he has been hinting, especially with the "red eyes", it's just people take it too far with the color of furniture and stuff.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Don't get cocky yet, guys.

Last time, we got burned real hard.

So we should remain hopeful, yet cautious.

That applies to me too...

BillyBat

Smash Rookie
On a side note, after the hype for Isaac, I finally returned to my GBA and defeated all the Secret Bosses in TLA.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Don't get cocky yet, guys.

Last time, we got burned real hard.

So we should remain hopeful, yet cautious.

That applies to me too...
Up until now, I had been incredibly pessimistic. I will never get cocky about Isaac's chances until he is literally confirmed, personally. Infact had you asked me a month ago, I would have put his chances at under 10%. Things are starting to look up, though.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I think the pessimism is coming from those who used to bring down all the Ridley, K. Rool, etc. fans. Now that those guys are in Smash, they have a need to go to the next big thing. Which is us! "So, this is what it feels like to be one of the big leagues?" lol
We should feel proud of ourselves at this point tbh, people are jealous that we're getting so much attention haha

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Isaac (EN)
Hans (ES)
Vlad (FR)
Robin (JP)
Did you see my tweet? I am "Yoshi #IsaacForSmash" Trying to push Isaac on Twitter LOL

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Dark Dawn is like the original.

Just worse is all.

Most people would probably be better playing the original.
Dark Dawn is actually my favorite GS game, and I played all three.

I can understand someone not liking it as much as the originals, but I can't help but feel people are a bit unfair towards it. It may not be the most difficult, and it does have "points of no return", but there's so many great things about the game that I feel people just flat-out ignore.

I always feel sort of alienated from this fanbase due to how people treat Dark Dawn like trash compared to the originals. I actually started with DD and went backwards, and I honestly think that the three games are all rather similar in quality.

This is just my opinion, and I know that most wouldn't agree with it.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Dark Dawn is actually my favorite GS game, and I played all three.

I can understand someone not liking it as much as the originals, but I can't help but feel people are a bit unfair towards it. It may not be the most difficult, and it does have "points of no return", but there's so many great things about the game that I feel people just flat-out ignore.

I always feel sort of alienated from this fanbase due to how people treat Dark Dawn like trash compared to the originals. I actually started with DD and went backwards, and I honestly think that the three games are all rather similar in quality.

This is just my opinion, and I know that most wouldn't agree with it.
My only issue with dark dawn were the point of no returns, I thought everything else was pretty alright, the first golden sun had a rather campy story and the second really improved on that, I don't see why that can't happen with DD, that being said I hope Matthews the MC of the new one not felix's kid or some crap xD

alguidrag

Smash Ace
My only issue with dark dawn were the point of no returns, I thought everything else was pretty alright, the first golden sun had a rather campy story and the second really improved on that, I don't see why that can't happen with DD, that being said I hope Matthews the MC of the new one not felix's kid or some crap xD
Yep I hated the point of no return of DD, if he didn't had this I would have loved the game

also I want the next Golden Sun have a female physical jupiter adept lead that in the end of game we discover that she is child of Felix and Sheba(my first Golden Sun ship)

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Eugh yeh that was the worst. I think I stopped playing because of that. I think now I have grown up a little I could return to that and try again

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
From what I read somewhere, that originally Takahasi brothers wanted the first 2 games in the series to be a prologue to a trilogy.
Dark Dawn was supposedly the first part in the trilogy, so that's why it kinda felt less material than the the first Golden Sun game.
They would make two games afterward continuing where Dark Dawn left off.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I think the problem with people's confidence in Isaac at the moment is that the tweet hint just polarized people. If you were already a fan of Golden Sun the tweet seems like an obvious hint. But if you aren't, the reaction to the picture likely just looks like a huge reach by a desperate fanbase. And given that Isaac is from an older currently defunct franchise people are going to write him off.
Or maybeee... Isaac's chances are looking so good right now, that people who used to not even consider him are now fearful that he will actually be in the game and "take the place" of other characters that they want, so they project their insecurity by putting us Isaac fans down and trying to look at things like Sakurai's tweet from a supposedly "objective" perspective that is actually a pessimistic and negative one, result of their cognitive dissonance.

... I mean, could be. :awesome:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Let's just hope Camelot even have the resources or the okay from Nintendo...

Or maybeee... Isaac's chances are looking so good right now, that people who used to not even consider him are now fearful that he will actually be in the game and "take the place" of other characters that they want, so they project their insecurity by putting us Isaac fans down and trying to look at things like Sakurai's tweet from a supposedly "objective" perspective that is actually a pessimistic and negative one, result of their cognitive dissonance.

... I mean, could be. :awesome:
A conclusion like that doesn't really take that much research or thought.

An assumption with no basis in fact, an opinionated observation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom