• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KMDP

Smash Legend
I am confident that we will get some form of golden sun representation in smash. If the poll that was posted earlier was accurate and maybe reflects Isaac's ballot results, then we should be optimistic still. Even if for whatever reason he turns out not to be a fighter, I can guarantee that Isaac's popularity will not go unnoticed by Sakurai
As vaanrose said in the Ultimate Discussion thread, while we can't know for sure how accurate the polls are, they are looking increasingly accurate to the state of Smash Ultimate's character selection.

He says it better than I could. :laugh: Here is what he said:
It's pretty telling me to that new ATs like Krystal, Zero, Bomberman, Knuckles, etc, all scored respectably but not super highly. Even Rathalos can be kind of fudged given the decent placement of a generic "monster hunter."

With that in mind, as high as Waluigi may have placed in the west, he was very low in Japan, and in reverse, Chrom was completely absent in the west but scored decently in Japan. Also in Japan, Shadow is much higher than Knuckles, for what that's worth.

I honestly think the data is a much better picture than I did in the past, though I still wouldn't be confident saying "X Character Definitively Scored Higher than Y" or even that someone who cleaned up in the ballot is a necessarily a guarantee. But for a general ballpark, I think it's probably pretty accurate.
If Isaac was just as highly voted as K. Rool in the Ballot, then he's a lock.

However, we don't, and can't, know the full results of the ballot; and probably never will.

Unless Nintendo's documents get declassified at some point, which is... doubtful, let's just say that.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
This doesn't seem like a leak so much as it is just his opinion on the matter. Keep in mind that after Skull Kid, he's decided to stop leaking and has since deleted his Gamefaqs account trying to get out of whatever legal trouble he may potentially be in after his source had gotten snuffed out.

Considering his first Direct leak had falsified information in it before he posted a far more accurate update of said leak a mere few hours before it aired, my guess is that was what got him in trouble.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool is just as irrelevant as Isaac (they haven't been seen in approximately the same amount of time).

The only real difference is that K. Rool got a Mii Costume in Sm4sh and Isaac didn't; but, honestly, that doesn't mean much.
While true, K. Rool's series was alive and he himself has far more appearances in general. The comparison isn't completely warranted.

However if the polls are correct and Isaac is right behind K. Rool, he's in.

KMDP

Smash Legend
This doesn't seem like a leak so much as it is just his opinion on the matter. Keep in mind that after Skull Kid, he's decided to stop leaking and has since deleted his Gamefaqs account trying to get out of whatever legal trouble he may potentially be in after his source had gotten snuffed out.

Considering his first Direct leak had falsified information in it before he posted a far more accurate update of said leak a mere few hours before it aired, my guess is that was what got him in trouble.
It is definitely his opinion on the matter.
loz18 said:
Not looking good. Dark Dawn didn’t do so well. Are you familiar with the concept of premium space on a circuitboard? Gaming assets are kind of like the same. Every character is given a value. As much as I would love to summon Djinns in Smash Ultimate, it seems unlikely.
This reads almost as if he thinks that Isaac would only get in if Djinn were a part of his moveset. Which is... faulty logic, to say the least.

Let's go over exactly what is wrong with that post:
  1. Djinn are only one facet of Golden Sun, Isaac doesn't even need Djinn to use basic Psynergy.
  2. Outside of Dark Dawn, the Djinn have a standardised design across the four elements. If Isaac is the character, they'll probably use the standardised designs rather than the more unique ones, at the worst this is four new models, and even then you can just use, like, a PNG to represent the Djinn when a move is being used, like the games did.
  3. Dark Dawn's poor reception does nothing for Isaac's chances.
  4. If the worst comes to the worst, Isaac can just not use Djinn.
And this is my take on loz18's twitter post.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

What was his first leak with falsified info? This is the first I've heard of it.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
That's pure speculation. Isn't this the guy that had to "lay low for a while"? What happened with that?

I side with Billybae10K Billybae10K and think whatever source he had leaked purposefully wrong information (Skull Kid) and got caught, so I wouldn't put much weight into his opinions, even if he's entitled to them.

We have to remember Loz and Verge didn't say anything about King K.Rool or the echoes that were confirmed. Their insiders they have likely don't have all the info. He's just setting his expectations low given the absense of the series without taking anything about Isaac's popularity into account.
And also just a reminder guys, no matter how long it takes, whether Isaac gets in or not, don't give up. We have so much competition out of the way and if King K.Rool and Ridley can do it, we can do it too!
Yep, exactly this.

C'mon people, this is not the time to give up. Sakurai's tweet is still there giving us hope, there are characters to be revealed and DLC is very likely.

This is just the beginning! :colorful:

Calane

Smash Ace
Sheesh, most Golden Sun fans really hate Dark Dawn. I honestly don't get it.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Sheesh, most Golden Sun fans really hate Dark Dawn. I honestly don't get it.
Same. I can understand that it can't compare to the first two and it had points of no return unlike the last two, but it still is a good game overall and on its own especially. People just like to ride the "hate train".

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Dark Dawn is like the original.

Just worse is all.

Most people would probably be better playing the original.
heck i stated with DD and i thought it was fine for what it was i have no ties to the originals so in my opinion it was okay

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I'll keep on waiting until Isaac is in SSBUltimate. I shall be waiting for the news.

Anyways, this is quite off topic, but what are the chances of ever seeing Ryu Hayubusa in SSBUltimate?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
As vaanrose said in the Ultimate Discussion thread, while we can't know for sure how accurate the polls are, they are looking increasingly accurate to the state of Smash Ultimate's character selection.

He says it better than I could. :laugh: Here is what he said:

If Isaac was just as highly voted as K. Rool in the Ballot, then he's a lock.

However, we don't, and can't, know the full results of the ballot; and probably never will.

Unless Nintendo's documents get declassified at some point, which is... doubtful, let's just say that.
But didn't nintendo say Chrom and Dark Samus were highly requested? I can't find them on the sheet.
heck i stated with DD and i thought it was fine for what it was i have no ties to the originals so in my opinion it was okay
I mean, i think that was the issue.

It was fine.

Average.

Mediocre.

Unremarkable.

I'll keep on waiting until Isaac is in SSBUltimate. I shall be waiting for the news.

Anyways, this is quite off topic, but what are the chances of ever seeing Ryu Hayubusa in SSBUltimate?
If Microsoft can't even get the rights to Haybusa armor, i doubt they're interested in smash.

Koei Techmo probably has no interest at the moment.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Ryu has... a chance.

Ninja Gaiden, like Mega Man and Castlevania, was one of the NES' most (in)famous titles.
But didn't nintendo say Chrom and Dark Samus were highly requested? I can't find them on the sheet.
As vaanrose said in a post I quoted, Chrom was reasonably well requested in Japan, but not America.

There are multiple tabs for different regions on that sheet.

Really, you should just ask SSB4Dojo SSB4Dojo about it. I barely know anything about it.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
That's pure speculation. Isn't this the guy that had to "lay low for a while"? What happened with that?

I side with Billybae10K Billybae10K and think whatever source he had leaked purposefully wrong information (Skull Kid) and got caught, so I wouldn't put much weight into his opinions, even if he's entitled to them.
Skull Kid could also be what broke the camel's back to figuring out who was leaking legitimate info. He still has a lot in his favor which is why I'm hesitant to believe that he was nothing but false bait.

Regardless, I got a feeling we won't get any more potentially truthful leaks until at least we're a couple days out from a direct, if we get any more leaks at all.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I've rarely changed my main. It has been Link through and through. I might take on Shulk and Duck Hunt but Toon Link/Link have remained my mains (even if my profile shows Shulk).

If Isaac got confirmed Link would be dropped in a heartbeat. Exchange one blonde for another I say!

(I just noticed we are on our way to 125 pages! When we do I'll do another of my 5-minute post-it note memes. Because it's fun to promote practical arts ;) )
Ha that's coincidental, I also main Shulk and Duck Hunt in smash 4. I was just playing Duck Hunt online on 3ds.

My current prediction is that the next direct will open with Skull Kid, have Impa show up as an Echo of Sheik, then for Sakurai to repeat the formula of last time, showing off two more echo fighters in Dixie and Shadow, and then after talking about online and the mystery mode, an Isaac reveal.

That would be pretty hype. It's also very specific. But its not like there's anything better to do for a few weeks than brainstorm and drop random hypotheses.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well the only leakers I believe are Neogaf's and Vergeben, until something proves to me that they're wrong I will believe

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I'd been meaning to mention this but the background of the new Final Destination reminds me a lot of the edge of the Golden Sun world map

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Which leak was the Neogaf one again?
I think he got right Richter
he said Isaac and Felix as his echo
Soren as Robin echo(only thing I don't believe)
and a bunch of things I will just copy and paste here

"2 out of the 7 newcomers are already confirmed and here are the final ones.

- K Rool (already confirmed)
- Simon Belmont (already confirmed)
- Isaac (is on his way)
- Monster Hunter (is still in development which is the reason why he wasn't confirmed today)
- Terra from the Final Fantasy Series
- Another Bandai Namco character
- Prince Sable from "For the Frog the Bell Tolls"

echos

- Chrom based on Roy (already confirmed)
- Soren based on Robin (still on his way)
- Dark Samus based on Samus (already confirmed)
- Richter based on Simon (already confirmed)
- Ken based on Ryu (still on his way)
- Shadow the Hedgehog based on Sonic (still on his way)
- Felix based on Isaac(will be revealed together with Isaac like Simon was with Richter)
- Isabelle based on Villager (still on her way)
- Galacta Knight based on Meta Knight (still on his way)"

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Koei Techmo probably has no interest at the moment.
Well, they've been helpful with the Switch ever since it came out. Just lacking a new Ninja Gaiden game at the moment.

Ryu has... a chance.

Ninja Gaiden, like Mega Man and Castlevania, was one of the NES' most (in)famous titles.
Ayup. Perhaps one day he'll make it in.

The first game is also very difficult to beat.

For the leaks itself: I won't believe it until it is shown by Sakurai. (Even when it has Isaac in the leaks because there's always something that goes wrong with these leaks.)

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Guys, remember how a few days ago we found out about the dark dawn website being updated? Supposedly the website had been updated a second time, anyone have any info on this to check if it's true?

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys, remember how a few days ago we found out about the dark dawn website being updated? Supposedly the website had been updated a second time, anyone have any info on this to check if it's true?
I have not... but why the site is updating so much?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think he got right Richter
he said Isaac and Felix as his echo
Soren as Robin echo(only thing I don't believe)
and a bunch of things I will just copy and paste here

"2 out of the 7 newcomers are already confirmed and here are the final ones.

- K Rool (already confirmed)
- Simon Belmont (already confirmed)
- Isaac (is on his way)
- Monster Hunter (is still in development which is the reason why he wasn't confirmed today)
- Terra from the Final Fantasy Series
- Another Bandai Namco character
- Prince Sable from "For the Frog the Bell Tolls"

echos

- Chrom based on Roy (already confirmed)
- Soren based on Robin (still on his way)
- Dark Samus based on Samus (already confirmed)
- Richter based on Simon (already confirmed)
- Ken based on Ryu (still on his way)
- Shadow the Hedgehog based on Sonic (still on his way)
- Felix based on Isaac(will be revealed together with Isaac like Simon was with Richter)
- Isabelle based on Villager (still on her way)
- Galacta Knight based on Meta Knight (still on his way)"
Ah, yeah, that one.

There are problems with the leak, but that could be chalked up to deliberately false info (to detect copycats).

The problems I have are:
  1. Soren (kind of a weird pick, for myriad reasons, it's actually the part I have the least amount of problems with though).
    That being said the Robin Echo should be Celica, not Soren
  2. "Monster Hunter" (they'd have revealed them alongside Rathalos, if Monster Hunter still wasn't done, they'd have probably held off Rathalos)
  3. Terra (they've been consistent in marking the Final Fantasy series as "Final Fantasy VII", specifically)
  4. Galacta Knight (they wouldn't have given Meta Knight a Galacta Knight alt if they were going to make Galacta Knight playable, just like Ike and Samus don't have their Chrom and Dark Samus alts anymore).
  5. Prince Sable has the same issue as Takamaru, he's a near unknown in the West.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Ah, yeah, that one.

There are problems with the leak, but that could be chalked up to deliberately false info (to detect copycats).

The problems I have are:
  1. Soren (kind of a weird pick, for myriad reasons, it's actually the part I have the least amount of problems with though).
    That being said the Robin Echo should be Celica, not Soren
  2. "Monster Hunter" (they'd have revealed them alongside Rathalos, if Monster Hunter still wasn't done, they'd have probably held off Rathalos)
  3. Terra (they've been consistent in marking the Final Fantasy series as "Final Fantasy VII", specifically)
  4. Galacta Knight (they wouldn't have given Meta Knight a Galacta Knight alt if they were going to make Galacta Knight playable, just like Ike and Samus don't have their Chrom and Dark Samus alts anymore).
  5. Prince Sable has the same issue as Takamaru, he's a near unknown in the West.
Yep, but since believe is just a choice, I choose to believe in this leak

also I found this leak with Isaac
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/427821167
I think its fake, but that's is a good fake leak to laugh a bit.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
They could be adding new pages to the website, but whit no link, don't know if we can verify that thought.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Can you link me it? And if so, how can anyone know when a website is updated?
If you search on Google "dark dawn Nintendo uk" you'll see that it was last updated just three days ago. Idk if this has also happened for the other regions though

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wait, what? I saw something about it, but I just thought it was someone being "slowpoke" (heh!) to the news. I would like to see if this is true.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys I was searching some leaks, and it seems that the internet are just enraged with any leak that lists Isaac almost like

"Hey guys look at this leak
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Waddle Dee
BK
Sans"

And people say "Another leak with Isaac? 100% fake, if he wasn't I would believe"

man what is with people just wanting to kill Isaac?

An alolan pokemon trainer would actually be a really cool idea never though of that
Only reason I got to share this, I think its the first one that said Alolan trainer

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Guys I was searching some leaks, and it seems that the internet are just enraged with any leak that lists Isaac almost like

"Hey guys look at this leak
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Waddle Dee
BK
Sans"

And people say "Another leak with Isaac? 100% fake, if he wasn't I would believe"

man what is with people just wanting to kill Isaac?

Only reason I got to share this, I think its the first one that said Alolan trainer
He just seems highly unlikely to most people is all. I don’t think they hate him.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I checked Custom Robo Arena's UK website, and it is now gone.

However, Dark Dawn and Mario Kart DS were updated in the past 3 days.

Look up "Mario Kart DS UK Website." same thing.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I checked Custom Robo Arena's UK website, and it is now gone.

However, Dark Dawn and Mario Kart DS were updated in the past 3 days.

Look up "Mario Kart DS UK Website." same thing.
Ahh that sucks, it probably means nothing then

Top Bottom