• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I suppose one good thing about that giant leap in songs is that we could probably expect some of them to be songs from the 3rd party guests that are appearing. Any Bomberman, Monster Hunter, Shovel Knight etc songs would likely be put in the "Other" section. (granted there woul have to be a few more 3rd party guests for it to make a dent in the 97 songs in the "other" section.

I'd be kinda surprised if they got the rights to some of these third party series and didn't take the chance to make at least one remix.
I just wish there was more hints.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Agreed. This isn't even a sensible argument. Of course you're not going to see brand new franchises get their own section if playable characters haven't been revealed yet. Same thing goes for the "103 stage is final" argument as you can't just blatantly show your hand before you're ready to make it official. Sakurai's been all too clear about how much he loves to preserve the hype as much as he can. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been so upset about the SSE cutscenes being leaked. Otherwise, he wouldn't have talked about how he was increasing his efforts to stamp out leaks for Ultimate.

Just because we don't immediately see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I am surprised this is being even discussed when there is 800 tracks in Smash Bros. Out of all those 800 are you telling me a single GS track can't make it in?

SirCamp

Smash Ace
If Isaac is an AT we will get maybe one song
If Isaac is a fighter we will get maybe 3-5 songs

If Isaac is MIA

That is it, I feel like Nintendo let the sun set
Castlevania got 34 songs. If Isaac is playable we may well get way more than 3-5 songs.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
GS music removed
This isn't a notable factor. All music has been retooled to be based on franchises. Franchises that are only one game, or without a stage, don't get their own category and are just in "Other".

Do we really know that the GS music has been removed from the Metroid stage, or is it just filed under the "Other" section now?
We don't know what's in Other. There's 97 tracks in it and Sakurai only showed off like one page. If GS doesn't get a stage, GS music is definitely going in "Other".

Its also definitely off of any existing stages that don't apply to "Other" due to the nature of how music has been reworked, considering its now franchise based instead of stage-based. (Though I assume each stage has default settings on how often music will appear.)

Grey Fox is the only brawl AT that was axed in Smash 4 that is coming back
So far. We've only got 40 AT's right now. Sakurai said "over 50" at E3, so up to 19 (maybe even more and its over 60, though not too likely) AT's can still come back out of a possible 26 (28 AT's are missing, but two are promoted to playable so far--Dark Samus and Little Mac. Shadow and Isabelle are also extremely likely Echo Fighters.

I saw something like this mentioned a while ago. Somebody said there was a rumour Nintendo were sending out fake leaks to try to figure out who was doing the leaking.

Is there any validity to this? It sounds like pure speculation to me.
There's been several rumors going around to that effect. However, one notable thing that happened is that Loz disappeared and said he wouldn't be able to get any info for a while, right after saying it was "heavily hinted" that Skull Kid was playable. Doesn't really mean too much.

Hate to break it to that Shantae fan but King K. Rool had a big following back in melee, and the support for him continued to grow after each installment.
Shantae wasn't a thing until Smash 4 came around, so with that being said King K. Rool deserved to be in the game after 17 years of fans wanting him to be in Smash.
Nevermind the fact that Shantae is a third-party Indie character with almost no presence in Japan whereas K. Rool is the main antagonist of one of Nintendo's Top 5 biggest franchises (in terms of sales).

I am surprised this is being even discussed when there is 800 tracks in Smash Bros. Out of all those 800 are you telling me a single GS track can't make it in?
At the very least GS is going to keep the two songs it has. We're probably getting all music back from past games barring possible licensing issues, and that won't be a problem for first-party music.

Castlevania got 34 songs. If Isaac is playable we may well get way more than 3-5 songs.
Street Fighter has 36 now as well.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I want more painfully honest taglines from all the Smash fighters lol
Mario- Not just killing apes and turtles anymore!
Link- Wait there are 3 now?
Kirby- He is eating everyone!!
Samus- Specialty: Genocide
Ness- We do not condone child abuse.
Luigi- Over there behind mario somewhere.
Pikachu- Beats ground types...don't ask my why!
Fox- Gonna fly like an eagle...oh sorry Falco.
Captain Falcon- Figured out how to get out of his car.
DK- Has a hoarding disorder.
Jigglypuff- Cause...wait why is she in this game?
Yoshi- Still in a hole after that double jump.

That covers the original 12, lemme know if you want more!

Last edited:

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman

Hahahahaha love these!

Of course we want more!

Good night, we are on page 120, see you again in page 131!

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
These are great! Reminds me of Honest Trailers' on Smash Bros when they show off the "Starring..." Love that segment!

Huh! I just remembered Dark Dawn released in October 28. A Smash Direct in October for a Golden Sun anniversary AND Skull Kid for Halloween?!? It's possible.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Kirby: He's eating her! And then he's going to eat me! Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooooood!

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You know, if Nintendo goes to Gamescom with a Demo, someone needs to go on Duck Hunt stage and click for the music.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oops. NintendoLife just called the tweet a stretch.

WELP
Well it's NintendoLife. They forget Isaac whenever they get the chance. In their recentmost article post Simon's reveal, they made a list of characters that they think could get into Smash, and obviously they didn't mention Isaac anywhere.

When I brought that up in the comments, since Isaac has a decent fan following unlike many who think it doesn't, the writer quoted Dillon as a character who had higher chances than Isaac >.<

I did reply with a long worded comment about Isaac's continued popularity corroborated by fan polls but they just don't care about our Golden Boy. Ignore 'em :upsidedown:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well it's NintendoLife. They forget Isaac whenever they get the chance. In their recentmost article post Simon's reveal, they made a list of characters that they think could get into Smash, and obviously they didn't mention Isaac anywhere.

When I brought that up in the comments, since Isaac has a decent fan following unlike many who think it doesn't, the writer quoted Dillon as a character who had higher chances than Isaac >.<

I did reply with a long worded comment about Isaac's continued popularity corroborated by fan polls but they just don't care about our Golden Boy. Ignore 'em :upsidedown:
...Dillion had a higher chance?

But I don't I see Dillon in any popular poll...right???

Like, why would you doubt Isaac's popularity and think a "still rising" character has a better chance?

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
...Dillion had a higher chance?

But I don't I saw Dillon in any popular poll...right???
He wasn't. That's why I said they are half full of BS.

Dillon is nowhere on popularity polls but according to the writer, Isaac was too obscure and Dillon of all people has a higher chance. I like Dillon's Rolling Western, but no way is that even remotely true.

Hey! This is my concept for a potential Isaac reveal.
OMG that's amazing!

I would absolutely go wild with excitement if that actually happened!

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
These are great! Reminds me of Honest Trailers' on Smash Bros when they show off the "Starring..." Love that segment!

Huh! I just remembered Dark Dawn released in October 28. A Smash Direct in October for a Golden Sun anniversary AND Skull Kid for Halloween?!? It's possible.
Loz has come around on GameFAQs and said he's sure of a direct in November (probably a Smash one but not confirmed)... and then he closed his account shortly after.

Seems like with the potential for a general direct in September to explain the online service, the November one will be the last info dump we get unless we suddenly start getting monthly reveals for some reason (maybe a Pokemon direct?). Not really a surprise to me. I've felt ever since the August direct that we'll get two more sets of reveals and that will be it.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Ok Honest Melee taglines.

Zelda- Can't use combat magic till now apparently.
Shiek- Who is this mystery character?
Pichu- Teaches you self abuse.
Ganondorf- To lazy to pull out his sword for 3 games.
Young Link- Hasn't had enough milk.
Mr. Game and Watch- Dishes out the paper cuts.
Peach- Learns self defense...except for in Mario games.
Bowser- Still stalking Peach.
Dr. Mario- Shoves a pill down your throat.
Falco- Wants to be better than Fox!
Ice Climbers- Got tired of climbing mountains.
Mewtwo- The most powerful pokemon until they make dark type!
Marth- The sword guy.
Roy- The sword guy but on fire!

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman

Wait who is Dillon? Oh right the AT armadillo guy....

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice

Just watched the video. I don't know much about NintendoLife, but it's kind of ridiculous that even with the polls that you showed (which are even widespread across the Internet) they can't get over their bias. But that kind of makes me happy, because like with Ridley and K Rool, we wouldn't be much of a fanbase without our detractors, and here's our chance to be the controversial center of attention. Isaac is one of those characters that a lot of people underestimate, so this is our time to be the main target of discussion.

EDIT: Also found your comment, and you left them speechless, thanks for doing that

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Dillon's a cool character, but certainly hasn't had the demand of Isaac. That being said, much respect to Dillon as a character. I'd love to see him be a character even though he's probably gonna return as an assist.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Guys I think we need more presence on Facebook, in the official Smash posts the highest comments ask Shadow, Waluigi, Banjo or even Geno. I needed to scroll down a lot to see one of us mentioning Isaac and he only had 10 likes.
But thankfully in Twitter, YouTube, here and even Reddit Isaac is a bit popular.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Dillon's a cool character, but certainly hasn't had the demand of Isaac. That being said, much respect to Dillon as a character. I'd love to see him be a character even though he's probably gonna return as an assist.
Dillon would be based on sonic if he was a PC.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Dillon would be based on sonic if he was a PC.
I disagree heavily. Sure, you could take the spinning mechanic from Sonic, but that's such a small part of what makes Dillon a unique character. His games are tower defence based, so that's a genre that could create a pretty interesting moveset.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I disagree heavily. Sure, you could take the spinning mechanic from Sonic, but that's such a small part of what makes Dillon a unique character. His games are tower defence based, so that's a genre that could create a pretty interesting moveset.
I mean in using Sonic as a base.

I mean, Little Mac used Cap. falcon's base. So it could work.-

As for LOZ's leak, I don't think November is the next time for the direct. No way will anyone want to wait that long.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Loz has come around on GameFAQs and said he's sure of a direct in November (probably a Smash one but not confirmed)... and then he closed his account shortly after.

Seems like with the potential for a general direct in September to explain the online service, the November one will be the last info dump we get unless we suddenly start getting monthly reveals for some reason (maybe a Pokemon direct?). Not really a surprise to me. I've felt ever since the August direct that we'll get two more sets of reveals and that will be it.
The November direct will probably be something akin to the 50-Fact Extravaganza, a huge blowout of information, but more character reveals (like our latest Direct).

I don’t think we’ll have an information drought til then though. Something might get shown at Gamescom (there has to be a reveal that’s low-key enough not to be reveal in a Direct). We’re also bound to get more information on Smash before Switch Online goes live (maybe not newcomers, but AT’s disconfirmed, sure). Whatever the ‘Spirits’ mode is, we might get info on October.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, I have a question.

Does anyone still have their Ballot Entries? (Specifically the "Why should this character be in Smash" bit)

I do, it's on an old laptop.

An old laptop that I'm looking at right now.

Would anyone like to read what I had to say about Isaac back in 2015?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So, I have a question.

Does anyone still have their Ballot Entries? (Specifically the "Why should this character be in Smash" bit)

Sure?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So, has everyone voted in that Reddit poll? Let's show that Isaac support! :estatic:

Oh man, I can barely keep up with the thread now. And I've been checking SmashBoards multiple times each day. Anywho, replying to an "old" post. :laugh:

Of course with that being said I have a question to ask y’all. What do you think of a prequel? A game set in the era of Alchemy and maybe even locking it away as the main goal? I always thought that’d be a hell of a game. Ancient Weyard. Awesome.
That has been my wish since finishing TLA! It makes so much sense, I was always curious on what the adventure was for those original heros that had to put out the lighthouses to supposedly save the world, how and why that came about, etc. From what was said in the game, it sounded like an epic adventure.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So, has everyone voted in that Reddit poll? Let's show that Isaac support! :estatic:

Oh man, I can barely keep up with the thread now. And I've been checking SmashBoards multiple times each day. Anywho, replying to an "old" post. :laugh:

That has been my wish since finishing TLA! It makes so much sense, I was always curious on what the adventure was for those original heros that had to put out the lighthouses to supposedly save the world, how and why that came about, etc. From what was said in the game, it sounded like an epic adventure.
I did indeed, even if that poll had Isaac spelled as "Issac." That fun old typo.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
So, I have a question.

how can I access then? Like... I want to see all the excuses I used to Isaac Feliz Matthew and Tiz.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dillon may roll up like Sonic, but that's where the similarities end. His abilities focus on grinding down enemies to dust using either brute force (including claws and a special ability) or utilizing the environment to eliminate Grocks. I know this because I played the first two games, but never did beat them because the final bosses just up the difficulty off the scale considering you're supposed to do X amount of damage in Y amount of time, and it never feels like you have enough time.

Last edited by a moderator:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Oh man, don't get too excited now. :laugh:

Wait. Which Reddit poll?

If you didn't save it manually yourself, you can't access it because it's on the Smash servers now.
... damn

well another thing
Waluigi debuted in 2000
Isaac in 2001

we're Waluigi's younger brother...

KMDP

Smash Legend
KMDP in 2015 said:
I've been a fan of Golden Sun since it first came out in the UK in 2002. The customisable nature of Golden Sun's battle style means that Isaac has a large selection of abilities to choose from that could be able to use in Smash, from his Psynergy and Weapons, to the Djinn and Summons. Though Isaac is a 'magic swordsman' like Robin, his magical abilities differ in the fact that he uses the earth and nature to attack.
And that is what I said.

421 characters, I didn't even use the full 500.

C'mon, Past Me. There was enough room for one whole extra sentence in there.
... damn

well another thing
Waluigi debuted in 2000
Isaac in 2001

we're Waluigi's younger brother...

um...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oops. NintendoLife just called the tweet a stretch.

WELP
It could easily be a stretch on our part, but don't listen to that site. Seriously. I'm still unhappy with them for spreading disingenuous 'data' that supposedly confirmed that there would be a full Nintendo Direct very quickly after the January Mini Direct. If they can't even properly fact check Direct patterns (they used a lot of game-specific Directs in that data, which was completely different), I can't take them even remotely seriously on something that is less direct like this. No pun intended.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
And that is what I said.

421 characters, I didn't even use the full 500.

C'mon, Past Me. There was enough room for one whole extra sentence in there.

um...
That’s way more thoughtful than what I probably posted.

D

Deleted member

Wait, why the doom and gloom all of a sudden? I was excited about the unbridled optimism. Did NintendoLife put that much of a damper on us like a Psynergy Vortex?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Dillon may roll up like Sonic, but that's where the similarities end. His abilities focus on grinding down enemies to dust using either brute force (including claws and a special ability) or utilizing the environment to eliminate Grocks. I know this because I played the first two games, but never did beat them because the final bosses just up the difficulty off the scale considering you're supposed to do X amount of damage in Y amount of time, and it never feels like you have enough time.

Like i said, using sonic as a base.

Using a base like sonic would probably save a lot of time, and they would still be able to heavily edit it.

i.e. Little Mac.

It could easily be a stretch on our part, but don't listen to that site. Seriously. I'm still unhappy with them for spreading disingenuous 'data' that supposedly confirmed that there would be a full Nintendo Direct very quickly after the January Mini Direct. If they can't even properly fact check Direct patterns (they used a lot of game-specific Directs in that data, which was completely different), I can't take them even remotely seriously on something that is less direct like this. No pun intended.
Seriously? I actually they were a creditable source of info. rip.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Wait, why the doom and gloom all of a sudden? I was excited about the unbridled optimism. Did NintendoLife put that much of a damper on us like a Psynergy Vortex?
I think it's a combination of things:

1. Most onlookers arent convinced. The tweet is all we have, and it's a stetch at the very least,

2. Most of the "leaks" that have isaac have been disproven immediately.

3. We don't know if Golden Sun music is taken out, or back in the "other" section.

4. Most don't seem confident in isaac anymore...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Seriously? I actually they were a creditable source of info. rip.
I bet for straight-up news, they're fine. But I'd be skeptical of their 'speculation'. I know it's just one instance, but they clearly spread some serious misinformation in that instance, and I don't know if they it was intentional or not. They're not the only ones I have seen do this. I also saw a Tweet like a week or so ago that claimed that there are always major Directs quickly following Super Smash Bros. directs, and that one was also based on misinformation. I mean, all these people have to do is go look at the list of Directs on Wikipedia. It's that simple. That's why I think they may be intentionally misleading people.

Top Bottom