• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Why, because Skull Kid is obviously getting in, silly.

Never mind that Skull Kid's being rumoured to be a false flag to catch leakers. >_>
I saw something like this mentioned a while ago. Somebody said there was a rumour Nintendo were sending out fake leaks to try to figure out who was doing the leaking.

Is there any validity to this? It sounds like pure speculation to me.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Do we really know that the GS music has been removed from the Metroid stage, or is it just filed under the "Other" section now?
I think we would have seen the GS music when the example video was in the Other Section, since the Golden Sun Brawl music is older than the Shin Onigashima and Mysterious Murasame Castle songs.

Either the Golden Sun music is taken out entirely, moved down to a later point in the menu, or Isaac's playable with enough music to justify a separate folder in the Sound Test.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
actually Shantae was created on the Gameboy Color so she was a thing before she got really mainstream but king k has more iconic value than her

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think we would have seen the GS music when the example video was in the Other Section, since the Golden Sun Brawl music is older than the Shin Onigashima and Mysterious Murasame Castle songs.

Either the Golden Sun music is taken out entirely, moved down to a later point in the menu, or Isaac's playable with enough music to justify a separate folder in the Sound Test.
So... We will get our chance or they will just kill us all in one swoop... got it

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
actually Shantae was created on the Gameboy Color so she was a thing before she got really mainstream but king k has more iconic value than her
I didn't know how to word it, but yeah that's basically what I'm saying. He's more iconic than her. lol

alguidrag

Smash Ace
If Isaac is an AT we will get maybe one song
If Isaac is a fighter we will get maybe 3-5 songs

If Isaac is MIA

That is it, I feel like Nintendo let the sun set
Yep, or just music like 4
AT + music like Brawl
Fighter like in our dreams
Nothing like in our nightmares
only one can be true

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Aren’t the songs in ‘Other’ organized chronologically? As in, not by when they were added but when the game they’re from came out.

If so, it’s only natural we wouldn’t have seen any song from GS.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Woo boy, that’d be rough if true.

Now stage music isn’t assigned, but rather shared between every stage of a single series. So Golden Sun music would play on a ‘Other’ stage, or on a Golden Sun stage.
I'm kinda wondering how that will work actually. Now that you presumably can only play Metroid songs on a Metroid stage.....where are we going to see Golden Sun songs played if they can't be played on a stage that belongs to a franchise with multiple games?

Some of them make sense like the Pictochat or Hanenbow stages can be the home for a number of songs from "casual" or miscellaneous games. (like Miiverse songs or Snipperclips) Likewise certain retro stages could also host a number of retro "other" songs.

I guess I could see the Golden Sun remix being moved to the Find Mii stage. It doesn't feel like a great fit though.

Are we certain that only songs from the stages franchise can be played on that stage? It just seems weird because that would mean there would be a whole load of "other" songs that would need to move who knows where. (I mean I'm pretty sure the Boxing Ring stage has a number of other songs that would have to move if only Punch Out songs could be played on that stage)

Like where is that Baiten Kaitos song going to be if it can't be on the Xenoblade stage? Maybe it's possible that some "other" songs will just be tacked on to the list of stage music for each franchise....and then listed seperately in the My Music section? That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Last edited:

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Since Isaac will happen this time (I am 99% sure he is in, leaving 1% not because I doubt it but because as a person I am never saying 100% over anything,even if I know something to be true), are you guys going to support for more GS content for the next Smash game? Or was that it? Isaac is in so lets move on to other characters from other series?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I don't know guys.

I want him in smash.

But will he get in smash?
I think at this point if he doesn't there will be an uproar. Maybe not as bad as Waluigi but there will be a public outcry for him. After all look how fast Smashers swarmed to that Sakurai tweet?

What do you think will happen when they realize it wasn't for Isaac?

I would have replied sooner but I have been working with a heat gun to get Ryoma's crown right for my costume

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm kinda wondering how that will work actually. Now that you presumably can only play Metroid songs on a Metroid stage.....where are we going to see Golden Sun songs played if they can't be played on a stage that belongs to a franchise with multiple games?

Some of them make sense like the Pictochat or Hanenbow stages can be the home for a number of songs from "casual" or miscellaneous games. (like Miiverse songs or Snipperclips) Likewise certain retro stages could also host a number of retro "other" songs.

I guess I could see the Golden Sun remix being moved to the Find Mii stage. It doesn't feel like a great fit though.

Are we certain that only songs from the stages franchise can be played on that stage? It just seems weird because that would mean there would be a whole load of "other" songs that would need to move who knows where. (I mean I'm pretty sure the Boxing Ring stage has a number of other songs that would have to move if only Punch Out songs could be played on that stage)
Well, that’s what the Sak man said. Personally I would have kept it as is, but I guess I understand that with more than 100 stages, composing enough tracks for each stage would be a hassle, although it does screw over underrepped series.

But hey, none of this matters because Isaac is getting in with a stage and everything.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
GUYS DON'T BELIEVE ON NINTENDO LIFE! WE'RE FULL OF ENERGY YESTERDAY! WE CAN'T LET ISAAC NO BELIEVERS IN! WE HAVE THE SAME CHANCE AS ANY OTHER(except Shadow and Isabele... they're pretty much in the game alredy) SO LET'S HOPE! LET'S GIVE OUR ALL! WE WILL SEE THE RISE OF OUR GOLDEN SUN!

(Isaac for Smash!)

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I don't know guys.

I want him in smash.

But will he get in smash?
I want him badly, but idk, I am leaning to AT only because he is complex. However, Sakurai knows the demand I am assuming from the ballots so he should of just shown him off last direct. Who knows???

Since Isaac will happen this time (I am 99% sure he is in, leaving 1% not because I doubt it but because as a person I am never saying 100% over anything,even if I know something to be true), are you guys going to support for more GS content for the next Smash game? Or was that it? Isaac is in so lets move on to other characters from other series?
This would be it, unless Isaac becomes a super fan favorite fighter then yeah he will be in the next smash, but this would just be something to rep GS.

Who knows, maybe he can be buddy buddy with Capt Falcon since both series are dead

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Hey! This is my concept for a potential Isaac reveal.
Pretty unique idea actually. I'm thinking if they are doing that thing at the end of the direct where they add new characters in the art the textbox will showup before Isaac gets his trailer. It would shock people

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I saw something like this mentioned a while ago. Somebody said there was a rumour Nintendo were sending out fake leaks to try to figure out who was doing the leaking.

Is there any validity to this? It sounds like pure speculation to me.
The main reason why people feel Skull Kid is false info to stop leaks is because loz18 leaked Skull Kid as a character, only to end up having to lay low until launch date a few days later. People put two and two together.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Aren’t the songs in ‘Other’ organized chronologically? As in, not by when they were added but when the game they’re from came out.

If so, it’s only natural we wouldn’t have seen any song from GS.
This is correct. You see that the Balloon Trip medleys (game released in November 1984) from Brawl and Wii U are together since they're from the same game, Just as Duck Hunt medleys (April 1984) are above them on the list and the Ice Climber (1985) medleys from various Smash games are below both.

This is absolutely genius. I would break down crying if we got to the final character, Isaac hadn't shown up yet and we were losing all hope, and then this happens.

Who knows, maybe he can be buddy buddy with Capt Falcon since both series are dead
And both are yellow scarf bois.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
The same guys that said that Waluigi was still possible?
I dunno. Seems totally like an unbiased opinion to me... not.
Pretty unique idea actually. I'm thinking if they are doing that thing at the end of the direct where they add new characters in the art the textbox will showup before Isaac gets his trailer. It would shock people
Genius.

Exactly as trolly as Sakurai likes it.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
The main reason why people feel Skull Kid is false info to stop leaks is because loz18 leaked Skull Kid as a character, only to end up having to lay low until launch date a few days later. People put two and two together.
it's just in such a weird place, like with his AT missing and now we can summon the moon it makes me wonder if its a boss or not.

Ah, it's going to be nail bitting till we find out Isaac fate!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well, that’s what the Sak man said. Personally I would have kept it as is, but I guess I understand that with more than 100 stages, composing enough tracks for each stage would be a hassle, although it does screw over underrepped series.

But hey, none of this matters because Isaac is getting in with a stage and everything.
Yeah but that just doesn't make sense to me.

They're hardly going to put the Baiten Kaitos song on the Pictochat stage. There aren't that many "other" stages in Smash Bros. (and the ones that do exist are usually casual series where it wouldn't fit to have some epic jrpg song playing)

Pictochat, Hanenbow and Nintendogs are the only stages that come to mind. I'm not even sure if some of the Mii or Wii stages count as "other".

Unless they make it so you can play "other" songs on Battlefield and Final Destination. That's a possibility.

D

Deleted member

What is this news about Golden Sun music beign removed out of the Metroid stage?

KMDP

Smash Legend
What is this news about Golden Sun music beign removed out of the Metroid stage?
I would like to know this as well. Can't believe this snuck past me.
Well...

If My Music organises by series now, then all the Metroid music would go in the Metroid folder, no?

"Battle Scene/Boss Battle" wouldn't fit with the rest of the Metroid music, this is only logical. "Weyard" has presumably also been taken out of the Kid Icarus folder as well.

Thus, the two songs would go into the Other folder, but we didn't see them.

Either they're lower on the list, or... well... you know, there are two other options, and only one is good for us.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
No worries, Veterans are back, most of the top characters (Ridley, KK Roll) are in or AT (Bomberman and others).
Sakurai teasing GS in enormous way, choice of characters, order of characters, Rathalos firing fire and able to poison like the fusion dragon, camelot angle.

Then list of trophies, Isaac missing, arena whit 3 characters and not 4.

No sign of GS music even if Isaac was at the top....

Guys, we are getting Isaac and our stage, no doubt.

Btw silo your concept is awesome.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Well...

If My Music organises by series now, then all the Metroid music would go in the Metroid folder, no?

"Battle Scene/Boss Battle" wouldn't fit with the rest of the Metroid music, this is only logical. "Weyard" has presumably also been taken out of the Kid Icarus folder as well.

Either they're lower on the list, or... well... you know, there are two other options, and only one is good for us.
Thanks for the clarity! I am glad to see you guys already went through the Direct with a fine tooth comb :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've heard it mentioned that there aren't any new series being added to Smash because the "My Music" section doesn't have any more new series.....but I really don't buy that because of how protective Sakurai is over newcomers. (and how much he dislikes leaks)

He may be happy to tease a new mode (and even have the name of that mode leaked) but I'd imagine newcomers are a completely different story. I think he'd take every precaution to not outright spoil their existence.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

C'mon, it's just russian roulette.

"...You're supposed to use five bullets, right?"

View attachment 157837
Words of wisdom from the future King of the Pirates.
Love the OP reference.

Also, SMash Music is it's own section.

And i can't say if Golden Sun music is in the huge amount of music in "Other". As that has gotten a huge upgrade from 50ish to 97.

But it could be there. And since the songs are organized by franchise's release, and not when they are made, it could be really difficult to tell.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Well...

Wow, I didn't even think about that. We're playing a high stakes game here. This better go the right way...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wow, I didn't even think about that. We're playing a high stakes game here. This better go the right way...
We're playing Russian Roulette with a gun with three chambers.

Two of those chambers are loaded, though one is a blank.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I've heard it mentioned that there aren't any new series being added to Smash because the "My Music" section doesn't have any more new series.....but I really don't buy that because of how protective Sakurai is over newcomers. (and how much he dislikes leaks)

He may be happy to tease a new mode (and even have the name of that mode leaked) but I'd imagine newcomers are a completely different story. I think he'd take every precaution to not outright spoil their existence.
Agreed. This isn't even a sensible argument. Of course you're not going to see brand new franchises get their own section if playable characters haven't been revealed yet. Same thing goes for the "103 stage is final" argument as you can't just blatantly show your hand before you're ready to make it official. Sakurai's been all too clear about how much he loves to preserve the hype as much as he can. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been so upset about the SSE cutscenes being leaked. Otherwise, he wouldn't have talked about how he was increasing his efforts to stamp out leaks for Ultimate.

Just because we don't immediately see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
And i can't say if Golden Sun music is in the huge amount of music in "Other". As that has gotten a huge upgrade from 50ish to 97.
I suppose one good thing about that giant leap in songs is that we could probably expect some of them to be songs from the 3rd party guests that are appearing. Any Bomberman, Monster Hunter, Shovel Knight etc songs would likely be put in the "Other" section. (granted there would have to be a few more 3rd party guests for it to make a dent in the 97 songs in the "other" section.

I'd be kinda surprised if they got the rights to some of these third party series and didn't take the chance to make at least one remix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom