• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think it's a combination of things:

1. Most onlookers arent convinced. The tweet is all we have, and it's a stetch at the very least,

2. Most of the "leaks" that have isaac have been disproven immediately.

3. We don't know if Golden Sun music is taken out, or back in the "other" section.

4. Most don't seem confident in isaac anymore...
I am as confident/hopeful for Isaac as I've ever been.

Also, if SSB4Dojo SSB4Dojo 's Exit Poll analysis is to be believed, then Isaac wasn't that far behind K. Rool in the west.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Most onlookers arent convinced. The tweet is all we have, and it's a stetch at the very least,

3. We don't know if Golden Sun music is taken out, or back in the "other" section.

I've been waiting since 2003 to play as Isaac in an official Smash Bros. game. I think I can muster more enthusiasm here if anyone is lacking.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I am as confident/hopeful for Isaac as I've ever been.

Also, if SSB4Dojo SSB4Dojo 's Exit Poll analysis is to be believed, then Isaac wasn't that far behind K. Rool in the west.
Okay a few things about that data.

First off, where did they get that data from?

Second, how is custom robo higher than Shadow?! (I mean, i love ray, but that doesnt seem right to me for some reason.)

Third, was Ridley that low?

Fourth, was Paper Mario that high on the list?

Sigh. I don't know.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that in this instance, Loz is merely speculating. He doesn't have a definitive answer, but I will admit that since he's not heard hide nor hair of Isaac from his sources, it could be seen as a bad thing considering how much he's managed to squeeze out so far.

I don't think Isaac needs THAT complicated a moveset.
This. K. Rool's moveset isn't very complicated or loaded with gimmicks but he clearly still has many elements from his boss fights that helped make him memorable.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't think Isaac needs THAT complicated a moveset.
Keep in mind that in this instance, Loz is merely speculating. He doesn't have a definitive answer, but I will admit that since he's not heard hide nor hair of Isaac from his sources, it could be seen as a bad thing considering how much he's managed to squeeze out so far.

This. K. Rool's moveset isn't very complicated or loaded with gimmicks but he clearly still has many elements from his boss fights that helped make him memorable.
I think it's just that Nintendo doesnt value him at all.

Maybe they want him to do others instead. idk.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

I'm confident in him, just ignore the non-believers

EDIT:
Guys c'mon, they're all like this before the Sakurai tweet, we just gone back to point 0
we don't need to go to point -1

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
We have to remember Loz and Verge didn't say anything about King K.Rool or the echoes that were confirmed. Their insiders they have likely don't have all the info. He's just setting his expectations low given the absense of the series without taking anything about Isaac's popularity into account.
And also just a reminder guys, no matter how long it takes, whether Isaac gets in or not, don't give up. We have so much competition out of the way and if King K.Rool and Ridley can do it, we can do it too!

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
We have to remember Loz and Verge didn't say anything about King K.Rool or the echoes that were confirmed. Their insiders they have likely don't have all the info. He's just setting his expectations low given the absense of the series without taking anything about Isaac's popularity into account.
And also just a reminder guys, no matter how long it takes, whether Isaac gets in or not, don't give up. We have so much competition out of the way and if King K.Rool and Ridley can do it, we can do it too!
I just need to have more leads. Something more promising.

We can only suck so much blood out of a tweet before it becomes dry.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Till Isaac is an AT we have no reason to doubt he will make it into the game.

DLC is a shoe in for this game.
So if Geno and Skull Kid make it in? There is zero competition left, Isaac would be on the top of the charts.

If you want to be hopeful, the best thing to wish for is no AT.

Because if he is not in the base game, he has a second chance.

oh, he is following one of our own. @Billybae10K ‏give us the 411

Attachments

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay a few things about that data.

First off, where did they get that data from?

Second, how is custom robo higher than Shadow?! (I mean, i love ray, but that doesnt seem right to me for some reason.)

Third, was Ridley that low?

Fourth, was Paper Mario that high on the list?
It seems to be an aggregate of as many contemporary exit polls as SSB4Dojo SSB4Dojo could find (I think it was composed at the time, SSB4Dojo is only updating it with colours for confirmations and discomfirmations now).

I have no idea about Ray v. Shadow, or Paper Mario's placement.

Ridley was that low because he was a Stage Boss, remember?

For full details you'll have to ask the man yourself, I'm just a messenger.
I've been waiting since 2003 to play as Isaac in an official Smash Bros. game. I think I can muster more enthusiasm here if anyone is lacking.
You and me both.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, but on the other hand, it's not something from some random person. The problem is that we just have that one right now.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

So there is your lead, Isaac maybe is not a Ridley or K.roll of life but he have a loyal fanbase that believe in him. And ultimate is The fanservice smash, long awaited characters appeared, We cant just give up now

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

I think the tweet is as promising as it can get unfortunately. Most of the people who don't think its an actual reference either haven't played the game, are in denial, or both

Obviously it isn't a 100% indication for Isaac to be a playable character in the game, but it is almost certainly a hint to golden sun imo

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

If Sakurai hopefully likes to read his replies, there is a huge storm of Golden Sun fans in the comments, with image references so there isn't much of a language barrier. He has to at least realize how popular Isaac is for a potential conclusion. And sometimes characters with zero leads somehow get in, Smash works like that
Till Isaac is an AT we have no reason to doubt he will make it into the game.

DLC is a shoe in for this game.
So if Geno and Skull Kid make it in? There is zero competition left, Isaac would be on the top of the charts.

If you want to be hopeful, the best thing to wish for is no AT.

Because if he is not in the base game, he has a second chance.
Exactly this, we need to keep the positive energy until DLC ends. And when a future Smash comes we rise again, this franchise doesn't deserve to get treated like this and as a fanbase we shouldn't give up

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Loz has never heard anything about new characters. Just Direct details and trailers. He knew Everyone is Here, Ganondorf being OOT, and Zelda being LBW, but had no idea about Ridley or Daisy.

For the recent direct he knew about a "Heroes vs. Villains" thing and Sakurai showing off the menu, but had no idea about Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, or K. Rool. Though he speculated K. Rool was in based on Heroes vs. Villains, he seemed to think Heroes vs. Villains was a much bigger thing, when in reality it was ONLY for K. Rool's trailer.

Don't put any stock into anything Loz says regarding characters. He doesn't get that type of info.

EDIT: In terms of optimism nothing has changed. I'm absolutely calling Isaac is in the game now.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Been thinking about something; don't mistake Pessimism for Realism.

Pessimist: Isaac probably won't get in Smash.
Optimist: Isaac probably will get in Smash.
Realist: Isaac might get in Smash.
So there is your lead, Isaac maybe is not a Ridley or K.roll of life but he have a loyal fanbase that believe in him. And ultimate is The fanservice smash, long awaited characters appeared, We cant just give up now
Not only that, but as vaanrose pointed out, if the exit polls are to be believed, characters who scored decently, but not highly, are being made Assist Trophies.

Like Krystal.

And Shovel Knight.

And Rathalos (fudging "Monster Hunter" to mean "any Monster Hunter representation").

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Not only that, but as vaanrose pointed out, if the exit polls are to be believed, characters who scored decently, but not highly, are being made Assist Trophies.

Like Krystal.

And Shovel Knight.

And Rathalos (fudging "Monster Hunter" to mean "any Monster Hunter representation").
Shovel Knight could also be explained just by virtue of him being a bit too young and not really "big enough" in terms of iconic status to gaming as a whole (not specifically to Indies where he shines) to be considered as playable, but Sakurai still wanted to honor his support.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

Like Krystal.

And Shovel Knight.

Yes,
That is how we got to think, might

Look, DD did it's damage, but that is on Matthews legacy not Isaac, he is still iconic.

Camelot has 2 options, try again or let it die.

With Octopath being successful, Nintendo has 2 major JRPG they can shoe out.
Xenoblade, which is a huge turn off with its combat and anime style, or go classic and go with Golden Sun remakes.

At the end of the day, nothing is hurting Isaac chances, sales are bull.

It's about iconic characters.

When I am bringing up points of saying Isaac may be too complicated or might work better as an AT I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I am just using it as a discussion point.

Do I think Isaac has a moveset? Oh **** yeah I do, I am just trying to talk more about the pros and cons
what works what doesn't work

What we can tell Sakurai if there is another choose the next figher ballot to show Isaac works.

Make Ridley work? Yeah you can make Isaac work, Robin is a test to magic fighters.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Meh for me, the fact that K Rool made it means Isaac's happening. Isaac's popularity may not have been as high as K Rool's but he's been requested just as long and he's incredibly popular in his own right. Not to mention relevancy means nothing for this game. So yeah at this point I would be more surprised if we didn't see Isaac.

KMDP

Smash Legend
K. Rool is just as irrelevant as Isaac (they haven't been seen in approximately the same amount of time).

The only real difference is that K. Rool got a Mii Costume in Sm4sh and Isaac didn't; but, honestly, that doesn't mean much.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well we survived worst things before, I'm very bad at speechs, but the least we can do is hope, if he don't join's the party... FINE we survived 4.5 Smash games without him we can survive one more, but we need to hope, he is our golden boy, he is our golden sun, relevancy don't stopped many characters before, or everyone here knew Marth and Roy prior to Melee?(well, i'm sure no one knew Roy because he debuted there XD) Who knew Pit before brawl? Who could get that Robin would be in Smash 4 in place of Chrom? Smash rooster is a strange thing, even Sakurai can't predict it, so we can only hope, while Isaac don't appear as a stage hazard or a AT we have the same chance as Geno, Isabele, Shadow, Bandana Dee, either we are, or we aren't and no fake leak, no rumor, no nintendolife/loz can say otherwise, we're the fanbase of Isaac the boy that as 16 leave his house and only came back home as 17 after he saved the world.
The only thing we can do is believe

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
K. Rool is just as irrelevant as Isaac (they haven't been seen in approximately the same amount of time).

The only real difference is that K. Rool got a Mii Costume in Sm4sh and Isaac didn't; but, honestly, that doesn't mean much.

With Isaac not getting a mii figher outfit I treat it like, why the **** would he be a swordsman Mii figher? lloyde? Yeah guy uses swords. Isaac uses psynergy

Maybe Sakuari didnt think it fits well

KMDP

Smash Legend
With Isaac not getting a mii figher outfit I treat it like, why the **** would he be a swordsman Mii figher? lloyde? Yeah guy uses swords. Isaac uses psynergy

Isaac uses swords, but he isn't limited to them (he can also use Axes, Maces and "Light Swords"); along with all of that sweet, sweet Psynergy.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

And because unlike the other mii costumes, Isaac is not the big thing for Gaming in general, but is to JRPG and Smash fanbase

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Well we survived worst things before, I'm very bad at speechs, but the least we can do is hope, if he don't join's the party... FINE we survived 4.5 Smash games without him we can survive one more, but we need to hope, he is our golden boy, he is our golden sun, relevancy don't stopped many characters before, or everyone here knew Marth and Roy prior to Melee?(well, i'm sure no one knew Roy because he debuted there XD) Who knew Pit before brawl? Who could get that Robin would be in Smash 4 in place of Chrom? Smash rooster is a strange thing, even Sakurai can't predict it, so we can only hope, while Isaac don't appear as a stage hazard or a AT we have the same chance as Geno, Isabele, Shadow, Bandana Dee, either we are, or we aren't and no fake leak, no rumor, no nintendolife/loz can say otherwise, we're the fanbase of Isaac the boy that as 16 leave his house and only came back home as 17 after he saved the world.
The only thing we can do is believe
I am confident that we will get some form of golden sun representation in smash. If the poll that was posted earlier was accurate and maybe reflects Isaac's ballot results, then we should be optimistic still. Even if for whatever reason he turns out not to be a fighter, I can guarantee that Isaac's popularity will not go unnoticed by Sakurai

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I am confident that we will get some form of golden sun representation in smash. If the poll that was posted earlier was accurate and maybe reflects Isaac's ballot results, then we should be optimistic still. Even if for whatever reason he turns out not to be a fighter, I can guarantee that Isaac's popularity will not go unnoticed by Sakurai

Isaac's popularity will only go up or down.
Switch needs games
Switch needs characters

Golden Sun should have one more chance.

FE was revied

As much as I hate fates and what it did to the community, waifus and **** is what is helping heroes and the FE series.

Anything is possible.
It's just the matter of us being vocal.

Look what Ridley did, he got in because fans wanted him in.

The whole community needs to come together to get all our characters in.

We want Isaac? Geno and Skull kid people need to come together and unite. Be vocal.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Isaac's popularity will only go up or down.
Switch needs games
Switch needs characters

Golden Sun should have one more chance.

FE was revied

As much as I hate fates and what it did to the community, waifus and **** is what is helping heroes and the FE series.

Anything is possible.
It's just the matter of us being vocal.

Look what Ridley did, he got in because fans wanted him in.

The whole community needs to come together to get all our characters in.

We want Isaac? Geno and Skull kid people need to come together and unite. Be vocal.
Agreed, I just hope we were vocal enough during the smash ballot era for starters

Last edited:

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I think all of these leakers are full of it. I don't believe a word they say as they all make the safe choices on their "Leaks" I don't trust Vergeben or Loz.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I think all of these leakers are full of it. I don't believe a word they say as they all make the safe choices on their "Leaks" I don't trust Vergeben or Loz.
Yeah, I don't really bother with these people. I could pull leaks out of my wahoo if I felt like it.

Part of me wonders if bias manipulates their choices.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Nor do I.
Unless its the ESRB who leaked Smash 3ds.

Loz follows Billybae10K ‏on twitter.

So, maybe Billybae10K ‏could clear things up for us.

I am just a humble NOA ambassador. I'll get smash like a week early hopefully. I won't leak anything, but till right before release, that is when we will know the truth.

Till then, no one but the people working on smash and the ESRB know what is going on with smash.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
idk guys. I want to believe in isaac, but i'm not wanting to put my expectations to the point where i'd look silly for doing so.:drsad:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Coming in late. So much posted while I was gone.

Even if Vergeben and Loz got things right, they STILL don't know everything. Whatever or whoever they are getting their info from probably only has partial info. Whoever the true leaker is, they are being real careful. Regardless, these two (and others out there) are playing the safe card as they know just about as much as we do at the moment: nothing. Seeing Dark Samus & K. Rool should prove that.

Ugh! I really don't like when people play the "Dark Dawn was a bad game/sold poorly = no more Golden Sun." I feel like the ones who put that stigma were hardcore GS fans. And because of this, it created a "hate train" for people to ride on. Negatively sells more than positivity, unfortunately.

Also, the game still got at least a 7-8/10 overall. Yes, it can't compare to the first two, but as its own, it's still really good. Just needs that sequel. So...yeah. Mini rant over

Last edited:
Top Bottom