• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Guys I was searching some leaks, and it seems that the internet are just enraged with any leak that lists Isaac almost like

"Hey guys look at this leak
Skull Kid
Isaac
Geno
Waddle Dee
BK
Sans"

And people say "Another leak with Isaac? 100% fake, if he wasn't I would believe"

man what is with people just wanting to kill Isaac?

Only reason I got to share this, I think its the first one that said Alolan trainer
What sort of person thinks sans is likelier than Isaac?

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
People act like Golden Sun wasn't one of the highlights of one of Nintendo's most popular handheld console. It used the GBA tech better than any other game did and they forget how high he scores on polls
WHy would indie characters be likely at all at this point?
Especially with the king of indies as AT

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
People act like Golden Sun wasn't one of the highlights of one of Nintendo's most popular handheld console. It used the GBA tech better than any other game did and they forget how high he scores on polls

I just wish I knew how high he really scored. So I can be safe in setting my assumption in how likely he is. :(

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I just wish I knew how high he really scored. So I can be safe in setting my assumption in how likely he is. :(
Man I remember how burned I felt after smash4 and dlc, I guess the difference for me now is that of Isaac isn't in smash 5 it's probably going to be a loooong time before golden sun 4, after hearing that bayoneta winning the ballot was practically rigged (she was in game files 2 weeks after the ballot opened or something like that) I feel pretty confident that he came in second to king k took, I honestly believe king k won the ballot. With shovel knight being AT of Isaac isn't in as AT or playable I think we can safely say that Nintendo killed goldensun and there wasn't anything we could do about it. With all that being said I think I'd still be pretty crushed of he was an AT because I 100% believe that he did better than chrom in the smash ballot. I know what it likes to be burned, but this is literally the last time you can ever be burned on Isaac again so let's get burned together!

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I personally liked the story in the original Golden Sun the best.

It was basically a chase story all throughout, and for that reason, every advancement I made on the map felt like I was advancing the bigger plot at large, since Isaac and Garet's main mission was the capture of the Sanctum thieves, and the rescue of Jenna and Kraden. I loved how the story would show how Saturos and Menardi were always one step ahead of you with the destruction they'd leave behind, and the NPCs that'd mention how they'd seen this strange pair having passed through a village or elsewhere. Plus I recall there being a place where a kid was turned into a tree and stacked on top of other kids turned into trees. Saturos and Menardi knocked them over when they passed by. If you don't rescue that tree that fell into the water before you turn them back to humans, the kid dies. T_T I always felt engaged with the story of the original.

The Lost Age didn't quite feel as immersive and engaging, story-wise, to me. Felt like over half of it was a side mission, and the lighthouse mission was largely postponed. I don't recall feeling any sense of danger or tension in the story either. As Felix, we had an alliance with the villains, and Isaac+friends were clearly good guys and if anything I was dying for the two parties to meet already so Jenna can explain everything because obviously Isaac and Garet are going to believe her, if not Kraden. Plus I thought a certain spoiler kinda hurts the feelz that the original's prologue left.

But I still enjoyed Lost Age. The game-play was certainly better! Better dungeons, more classes, psynergy, puzzles, summons, non-linear exploration, etc.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
PLEASE NO KANTO
Erm I was talking about the anime Team Rocket not the game. Jessie and James? The reason Pokemon trainer works is that it is generation neutral and any new trainers should be. And the only other trainers who really survive the generations is those two.

Most other trainers get forgotten.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
If Garret ever got confirmed I would want his tagline to be Garret, sees the ocean!

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
@JaidynReiman and others

the thing about Geno isn't really Geno, similar to Duck Hunt. I know this sounds weird, but bear with me, Super Mario RPG was the first time they allowed a company to use Mario for a game and go significantly hog-wild with it. If it wasn't for that game, or if that game failed in any capacity, Super Smash Bros. might not be around or the idea may have taken longer. Plus, the Mario RPG's could use a character too, and there really isn't much of another place to go. Paper Mario? Fawful? Midbus (as a Bowser Echo)? Yeah. Plus, Sakurai digs the character (which I'm sure he does w/ Isaac too, and despite the two bad signs, there's a lot in his favor)

As someone that's been a Geno and Isaac supporter for over ten years, we're better off uniting. I want them both heavily in lol. Can't stop thinking about it.
I agree profusely, Geno and Isaac are in the same boat, doesn't matter if they are a main character or a supporter. Thinking about it, Geno is as close to an original Main Character in a game with Mario and others being Main Characters. He was also an important part of the main story and because JRPGs like Golden Sun and Mario RPGs are conveyed in the same way just with new and original characters with nods to Nintendo in general. I am a supporter of both Geno and Isaac. After all the long hard treatment both Geno and Golden Sun got in general, they deserve a chance. Which is exactly why I try to band together with other fans like Lloyd, Skull Kid and Ray MK III, rather than cause an arguement to push down other supports. I definitely know what it is liked to have my favourite characters and franchises being bashed on because it took too long for them to come out with something new.

In that regard, I prefer to stand by others perspective while considering my own. Just without the selfish need to bash on another supporter because they may get in the way of other characters being in than out. I say that we shouldn't be so narrow minded and try to see it on different angles without the trash talking or the ass blasting saltiness that toxic communities seem to have.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I agree profusely, Geno and Isaac are in the same boat, doesn't matter if they are a main character or a supporter. Thinking about it, Geno is as close to an original Main Character in a game with Mario and others being Main Characters. He was also an important part of the main story and because JRPGs like Golden Sun and Mario RPGs are conveyed in the same way just with new and original characters with nods to Nintendo in general. I am a supporter of both Geno and Isaac. After all the long hard treatment both Geno and Golden Sun got in general, they deserve a chance. Which is exactly why I try to band together with other fans like Lloyd, Skull Kid and Ray MK III, rather than cause an arguement to push down other supports. I definitely know what it is liked to have my favourite characters and franchises being bashed on because it took too long for them to come out with something new.

In that regard, I prefer to stand by others perspective while considering my own. Just without the selfish need to bash on another supporter because they may get in the way of other characters being in than out. I say that we shouldn't be so narrow minded and try to see it on different angles without the trash talking or the *** blasting saltiness that toxic communities seem to have.
100% agree. I don't feel the need to bash others suggestions, unless called upon.

And I didn't think Ray supporters were that prevalent. Still decent for the slot he's in.

On another note, this leak is still strange to me.

I can't tell if some info is phony, or if this is real.

IMG_2939.PNG IMG_2940.PNG IMG_2941.PNG

Tetiro

Smash Ace
100% agree. I don't feel the need to bash others suggestions, unless called upon.

And I didn't think Ray supporters were that prevalent. Still decent for the slot he's in.

View attachment 157918View attachment 157919View attachment 157920
Fake. The reason is that they didn't include Daisy, Inklings or Ridley. Surely that would have been public knowledge considering they are potentially leaking Isaac too? (Look at the timestamp)

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Fake. The reason is that they didn't include Daisy, Inklings or Ridley. Surely that would have been public knowledge considering they are potentially leaking Isaac too? (Look at the timestamp)
Well, remember the GEmatsu leak? There was quite a number of characters that didn't make it in. Or were unpredicted.

(also, this was posted AFTER that direct.)
Isn't this the same leak that claimed galacta knight was getting in? this copy just hasn't been updated yet
Actually, that's part 2 of this "leak". (Which that second post's legitimacy is under debate).

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's the NeoGAF leak people have been talking about. The second and third post seem to have been made by a different guy since WhisslBlank deleted his account after that post. As of now, that's one of the few leaks out there that has yet to be proven fake, however unlikely it might seem.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice

I'm still cautiously optimistic about this one. It seems just plausible enough to be true. Time will tell about the Zelda or Pokemon reps, but I could see them excluding both. Skullkid could just be a boss, and the new Pokemon that DasVergeben mentioned could be an echo fighter. Ever since Loz18 went underground I've been suspicious that his *recent* info if bogus, what with the rumor that Nintendo might be putting out fake info to weed out leakers. I don't believe the second half of the leak whatsoever. The more recent version of this one I mean. Anyway, nothing we can do but wait (which sucks a whole bunch).

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Something i missed about the skull kid chair scene Is that the chairs represent the two fairies from majoras mask, was sitting here this whole time thinking it was like the purple and the yellow on the mask, that makes it seem alot more likely to me given the scenery of the E3 direct and what we just got.

Edit: on the same level as the sakurai twitter pic being a reference to golden sun i mean

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Well, remember the GEmatsu leak? There was quite a number of characters that didn't make it in. Or were unpredicted.

(also, this was posted AFTER that direct.)

Actually, that's part 2 of this "leak". (Which that second post's legitimacy is under debate).
Gematsu leak?

Sorry my knowledge of leaks is limited as I rarely look at them (they tend to be mainly wrong anyway from what I have heard)

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
edit: warning that this comment is a bit salty and possibly biased
In regards to the pessimism that we were talking about earlier, here are some things that I just want to rant about:
1. People are acting as though Isaac is not a popular ballot choice, even though in most US/Euro ballots he places in the top 10.
2. People still think Isaac is too irrelevant to be in Smash, even though K. Rool has arguably broken the irrelevancy standard
3. Even though Isaac's fan demand has grown exponentially in the past week, the major news sources continue to ignore Isaac and focus on other characters instead, making it feel like Isaac isn't as heavily requested as is evident on ballots
4. I wish that in general that news sources were a bit more informed and less biased
5. I'm starting to get the feeling that like how Ridley fans were treated back in the Smash 4, people are starting to look at Isaac fans as the new "delusional" fanbase because he won't get in. (Not that that's a bad thing because things are actually looking to be in our favor, but just kind of frustrating seeing everyone toss us aside)

I don't even know why I made this post, I think I just need somewhere to vent with people who I can talk about it freely. Hopefully some other people can sympathize with these sentiments, but anyway, I still think Isaac is more likely than ever. I encourage you all to not be like me and instead ignore our doubters, because more haters is just a consequence of taking over the Smash speculation spotlight.

Last edited:

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
In terms of isaacs chances for being in the base game, what do you guys think about the fact that we've seen most of if not all of the stages in smash ultimate by now?

Usually a newcomer from a new franchise to smash brings a stage with them. The fact that Sakurai counted out the exact number of stages in the game has me worried that not only will there be no new stages for the base game, but that there won't be any newcomers from any series not already represented in smash.

Ofc Sakurai could always just pull a "oh hey look now there's 104 stages in the game" and there is also DLC but it is something to consider.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Yeah if you think about it the only character from the Gematsu leak not in Smash is the Chorus Kids
Actually this is true now you mention it. Could it be Chorus Kids were actually planned just ran out of time? Wouldn't that make them very likely this time?

Thanks Xeno! Guess there was one "somewhat accurate leak"

In terms of isaacs chances for being in the base game, what do you guys think about the fact that we've seen most of if not all of the stages in smash ultimate by now?

Usually a newcomer from a new franchise to smash brings a stage with them. The fact that Sakurai counted out the exact number of stages in the game has me worried that not only will there be no new stages for the base game, but that there won't be any newcomers from any series not already represented in smash.

Ofc Sakurai could always just pull a "oh hey look now there's 104 stages in the game" and there is also DLC but it is something to consider.
Actually we already managed to disprove that 103 is the final number using Grammar. See below

You know this "103 is the total" bugged me so I decided to read-between-the-lines like I did back when Labo was teased to figure out what was going on (yes I actually realized Labo was going to be controller craft related.).

And that I did this time around and if anything, it hints at MORE stages. Look at what Sakurai says

"The stage total IS TURNING out to be pretty impressive"
"Let's compare it to the TOTALS of the previous games"
"NOW the total number of stages is... voila!"
"103! We must be crazy"

I CAPS'd the important parts. Now you think. Why do this? Well look at it. NONE of them are PAST-TENSE. If it was, it would say "Has Turned Out", "Final Totals", and "Finally"

It is using PRESENT tense in everything he says. This is crucial as it states Sakurai is not done yet.
Looking at that and my own statistics, I would say we only have 3 more stages left to reveal.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Actually this is true now you mention it. Could it be Chorus Kids were actually planned just ran out of time? Wouldn't that make them very likely this time?

Thanks Xeno! Guess there was one "somewhat accurate leak"
This type of accuracy is uncommon for a lot of leaks.

I think this proves that leakers can't always 100% predict the future.

You saw how accurately they nailed the first reveal, but got worse and worse with timing and reveals of characters.

I think this goes into a theory of mine. Nintendo started getting very secretive about their info. And so, I think they started to reschedule stuff so the audience will seem less surprised.

Is this a common thing with Japanese gaming companies? This is usually a typical response.

But until this leak gets proven totally wrong, I will reside "faith" in it.

Not 100% believe it mind, as even I have trouble myself. But it has potential to be real.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
This type of accuracy is uncommon for a lot of leaks.

I think this proves that leakers can't always 100% predict the future.

You saw how accurately they nailed the first reveal, but got worse and worse with timing and reveals of characters.

I think this goes into a theory of mine. Nintendo started getting very secretive about their info. And so, I think they started to reschedule stuff so the audience will seem less surprised.

Is this a common thing with Japanese gaming companies? This is usually a typical response.

But until this leak gets proven totally wrong, I will reside "faith" in it.

Not 100% believe it mind, as even I have trouble myself. But it has potential to be real.
Japanese being secretive? Oh very much so! They are very "cards close to their chests". You can tell a difference in Japan and Western companies as Western ones tend to be more open book approached

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

To be honest, I don't know how to feel about this leak. I mean, by popularity Soren is a pretty popular character along side with Ike... however I think he is unlikely dued to the fact that his game isn't as notable right now compared to recent FE standards of Waifus and Warriors.

However, game relevancy is being pushed aside and it seems that Smash Ultimate is the game made for fans and to return the favor of the community which supported the game for many years.

I can definitely see Ken being an Echo Fighter, but the fact that he did predict Chrom being an Echo of Roy and the prediction of K.Rool and Simon hit the right spot. However, I just can't see the others being predicted like Galaxy Meta Knight. We will have to wait and see on this one. It could just be a really good prediction or they actually have leaks to the real thing.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
In regards to the pessimism that we were talking about earlier, here are some things that I just want to rant about:
1. People are acting as though Isaac is not a popular ballot choice, even though in most US/Euro ballots he places in the top 10.
2. People still think Isaac is too irrelevant to be in Smash, even though K. Rool has arguably broken the irrelevancy standard
3. Even though Isaac's fan demand has grown exponentially in the past week, the major news sources continue to ignore Isaac and focus on other characters instead, making it feel like Isaac isn't as heavily requested as is evident on ballots
4. I wish that in general that news sources were a bit more informed and less biased
5. I'm starting to get the feeling that like how Ridley fans were treated back in the Smash 4, people are starting to look at Isaac fans as the new "delusional" fanbase because he won't get in. (Not that that's a bad thing because things are actually looking to be in our favor, but just kind of frustrating seeing everyone toss us aside)

I don't even know why I made this post, I think I just need somewhere to vent with people who I can talk about it freely. Hopefully some other people can sympathize with these sentiments, but anyway, I still think Isaac is more likely than ever. I encourage you all to not be like me and instead ignore our doubters, because more haters is just a consequence of taking over the Smash speculation spotlight.
Don't worry about it, a lot of us here feel the same way.
I'm gonna make a bold statement and say I do think Isaac is gonna make it in, despite what other people say.
King K. Rool, Ridley, and Simon got in due to fans wanting them playable. It really seems like Sakurai is willingly to listen to fans demands.
I know I shouldn't get my hopes too high, but I really think he has a shot this time.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace

Unfortunately we are now the "Trendy thing". I remember when FNaF or Undertale was at the peaks of its popularity people found it to be more hip to hate on it for no apparent reason. Same with Doctor Who's female doctor. The list I could make goes on and on. It's just humans.

This is just how people are. If something isn't going their way it is better to just hate on it.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry about it, a lot of us here feel the same way.
I'm gonna make a bold statement and say I do think Isaac is gonna make it in, despite what other people say.
King K. Rool, Ridley, and Simon got in due to fans wanting them playable. It really seems like Sakurai is willingly to listen to fans demands.
I know I shouldn't get my hopes too high, but I really he has a shot this time.
I never expected the Isaac fandom to be getting this much spotlight to be honest it's kinda weird to see how we've climbed so high I just hope we don't have too much left to climb.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I never expected the Isaac fandom to be getting this much spotlight to be honest it's kinda weird to see how we've climbed so high I just hope we don't have too much left to climb.
Just remember, we may fall down a few pegs if Isaac is deconfirmed, but we'll still be known and have many supporting us. Eventually Isaac will get in :)

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Honestly neither do I, but with so many requested fighters making it into the roster and the support of so many
people who want Isaac in it. I say we're pretty close to horizon.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

Feel free to vent about it, that is what us fellow supporters are here for, we support one another and band together to show that we as a Golden Sun Community can show that we still love the franchise and we still want more from it.

I personally think that we shouldn't think too much about what others really feel and just keep being positive towards our own beliefs and even so some of us may be a bit more pessimistic about it, doesn't change the fact that they are fans and want to believe, but are so afraid to believe because they have expierence with being burned hard in the end. Still that is just a part of our growth, if were fall down and stop believing than nothing will change. Which is why I believe now more than ever we need to stand together and show that we care about our franchise and hope for the best.

Heck, I am a bit pessimistic and skeptical myself, but I still believe we have a better chance than ever. It shows just how much passion and people are rising up from all this speculation and determination to not give up. Which brings other people and inspires others to do the same.

So let's not call it in the bag just yet, until Isaac has been shown to us that he is an AT or confirmed we still have a huge chance thanks to K.Rool, Simon and Ridley. Just remember that the fact that a load of people know about Golden Sun shows that it is more popular than people believe.

Lol, as you can tell, I have a lot of hope.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Feel free to vent about it, that is what us fellow supporters are here for, we support one another and band together to show that we as a Golden Sun Community can show that we still love the franchise and we still want more from it.

I personally think that we shouldn't think too much about what others really feel and just keep being positive towards our own beliefs and even so some of us may be a bit more pessimistic about it, doesn't change the fact that they are fans and want to believe, but are so afraid to believe because they have expierence with being burned hard in the end. Still that is just a part of our growth, if were fall down and stop believing than nothing will change. Which is why I believe now more than ever we need to stand together and show that we care about our franchise and hope for the best.

Heck, I am a bit pessimistic and skeptical myself, but I still believe we have a better chance than ever. It shows just how much passion and people are rising up from all this speculation and determination to not give up. Which brings other people and inspires others to do the same.

So let's not call it in the bag just yet, until Isaac has been shown to us that he is an AT or confirmed we still have a huge chance thanks to K.Rool, Simon and Ridley. Just remember that the fact that a load of people know about Golden Sun shows that it is more popular than people believe.

Lol, as you can tell, I have a lot of hope.
You also have Krystal, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus adding to that. It's clear Sakurai is using the Ballot to give us one hell of a ride

Top Bottom