• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ZelDan

Smash Master
If they're going to pick a Microsoft character that will make Banjo fans salty, they could have atleast chosen Master Chief lol; I've always low key wanted the Chief in Smash.

But seriously Steve sounds like such a lame, boring addition. He's as avatarish as it gets (Link and Robin have more going for them). and visually not only is Steve uninteresting, I can't really see his blocky, pixelly look translating well into Smash. Really hope it's not true.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Either, I enjoyed pretty much all Zelda games pre Skyward except Zelda 2.
Same here. What would you think if Oracle of Ages and Seasons were remade in Ocarina of Time/Majoras Mask style?

But seriously Steve sounds like such a lame, boring addition. He's as avatarish as it gets (Link and Robin have more going for them). and visually not only is Steve uninteresting, I can't really see his blocky, pixelly look translating well into Smash. Really hope it's not true.
Steve getting into Smash Brothers seems more like a Business decision rather than a popular request. It is like what happened with Cloud getting into Smash over Geno. Don't get me wrong, there are people who wanted Cloud, but Geno was more loudly supported during the Melee days. And if Minecraft Steve gets in before Banjo then this will leave Banjo fans unnerved as Cloud got in Smash 4 as the only Square rep.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
ANd like Federation Force, I'll boycott it the same as any other "disservice" that Nintendo gives to a franchise.

I certainly won't give them a pass when they leave behind their fans for over 14 years.

They don't deserve ****.
You know what you are right, they should just cancel Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and focus their attention on a series that never did outstanding ever. Clearly that is where the money is. A series that has only one game that has ever broken more than a million sales (probably because Mario Kart did better).

Even Golden Sun has more than one title that broke a million in sales. Yet here we are with Captain Falcon in Smash and Isaac has yet to be seen.

Can they do an F-ZERO title in the future? Yes, I never agreed that it is completely dead and Nintendo would never look into it. To give an example, there was that time when Super Punch Out was the last in the series and people thought it was dead. Cut to 15 years later and fans got another game on the Wii. The amount of IPs that Nintendo owns is pretty insane and having a development team for each one of them would be impossible. The solution: go where the money is. Nintendo knows Mario, Pokemon, Smash, and Zelda will sell. F-ZERO is a gamble that Nintendo will tackle when they feel they can. Again I understand frustrations like this but, you act like Nintendo has absolute hatred for the IP.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
what would steves final smash even be? there's nothing really spectacular as a character that he's able to preform other than build and break stuff, and use a sword and tools.

with the reception and fanbase that minecraft is kinda known for, it'd probably be the worst smash pick so far. not to judge a character based on fanbase, but, it's the stigma really that makes people not like Steve.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Disappointing because despite Verge saying there would be some Minecraft stuff, there is no way that Steve would be playable and people are believing this a bit. There is just no way I can see Nintendo making Steve playable for whatever reason. A stage? Ok, that could be fun. Assist trophy? Ok, I can see that. Playable character? Boi, he is less likely than Waluigi being Ultimate.
Exacly. Steve would be a horrible pick because Sakurai already knows that Banjo would be the better pick.

Also, Vergeben said this was a possibilty...

But didn't he say that he wanted to wait until he's absolutely sure that what he's saying is legit. Yet, here is he, saying that Steve might be legit despite not knowing if he was.

You know what you are right, they should just cancel Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and focus their attention on a series that never did outstanding ever. Clearly that is where the money is. A series that has only one game that has ever broken more than a million sales (probably because Mario Kart did better).

Even Golden Sun has more than one title that broke a million in sales. Yet here we are with Captain Falcon in Smash and Isaac has yet to be seen.

Can they do an F-ZERO title in the future? Yes, I never agreed that it is completely dead and Nintendo would never look into it. To give an example, there was that time when Super Punch Out was the last in the series and people thought it was dead. Cut to 15 years later and fans got another game on the Wii. The amount of IPs that Nintendo owns is pretty insane and having a development team for each one of them would be impossible. The solution: go where the money is. Nintendo knows Mario, Pokemon, Smash, and Zelda will sell. F-ZERO is a gamble that Nintendo will tackle when they feel they can. Again I understand frustrations like this but, you act like Nintendo has absolute hatred for the IP.
I. DON'T. GIVE. A. SINGLE. ****.

No F-Zero, they ain't getting any positives from me.

What do you mean that Golden Sun at least broke a million?

The first F-Zero broke 2 million, and GX broke 1.5 million.

I'm done with this bull****.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yeah... if only there's a way outside of emulation (the 3DS is my first and so far only Nintendo device in my possession).
There's always the Wii U VC. Both Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age are available there. In fact, I've been playing The Lost Age now to hold me over till the next Smash Direct.

I'm at Jupiter Lighthouse, about to finally meet Isaac and the gang. Yay!

Seriously, I am so uninterested in every other game right now except Smash Ultimate this year. It's weird. But next year, it will be two games: KH3 and DOOM Eternal! Woot!

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I think the backlash to a playable Minecraft character would be bigger than most assume. The game has a really bad stigma attached to it and would make many character fan bases extremely salty, Banjo fans would probably riot.
I personally would sigh and feel numb for a while, knowing that a minecraft character and Wii Fit Trainer can fight on Gaur Plains using Death Scythes and Ore Clubs.
WFT is a piece of Nintendo history, but man, Steve just feels like a Youtube character like I have mentioned before. No offense to minecraft, but it feels just so distant from the world of metal gear or fire emblem or pokemon. It just feels like popular youtube games like five night freddy's and minecraft are in completely seperate worlds from the worlds of Nintendo, Square, Capcom, and more.

I will be honest. I would rather have Goku than Steve lol.

I hope it means he is an assist trophy. The gematsu leak mentioned a playable chrom in smash 4, but he just had a cameo. I hope this is a similar case.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
If they're going to pick a Microsoft character that will make Banjo fans salty, they could have atleast chosen Master Chief lol; I've always low key wanted the Chief in Smash.

eyy another guy who low key wants Master Chief *high fives*

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
"I think F-Zero and Mother are fine since their series are dead anyway."

Annnd, that's where I stopped.
Well, then your loss. Hearing other people's opinions are the basis of conversation. I wasn't lambasting their supporters, just saying that I thought (emphasis on "thought" since it's an opinion) their series had enough reps considering their current status. I personally don't support Geno, but I'll listen to what his supporters have to say.

Had you read on, you'd have seen that I actually agreed with you on other points and was trying to explain my point, but okay, just stop reading when you don't like what you see...

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, then your loss. Hearing other people's opinions are the basis of conversation. I wasn't lambasting their supporters, just saying that I thought (emphasis on "thought" since it's an opinion) their series had enough reps considering their current status.

Had you read on, you'd have seen that I actually agreed with you on other points and was trying to explain my point, but okay, just stop reading when you don't like what you see...
Because if all your reasons for F-Zero not getting even an echo is because F-Zero is "dead" then no felix for GS then. Lol.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Same here. What would you think if Oracle of Ages and Seasons were remade in Ocarina of Time/Majoras Mask style?
I'd love it. I think they should keep with the remakes trend they started on 3DS it was really cool.
There was a rumor about Link's awakening being remade like a year ago.
And of course as a Vaati maniac I wouldn't mind a minish cap remake or minish cap 2.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
i really hope that prima rumor is fake. steve? vault boy? get that trash outta here and gimme isaac pls. :<

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Steve? Seriously? That's by and large one of the dumbest ideas for an addition. And why is that? He brings nothing new to the table.

Unless he can summon chickens, then he brings something to the table.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Steve? Seriously? That's by and large one of the dumbest ideas for an addition. And why is that? He brings nothing new to the table.

Like i said, Steve wouldn't get in over Banjo.

I don't believe this.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Because if all your reasons for F-Zero not getting even an echo is because F-Zero is "dead" then no felix then. Lol.
Well, adding in a rep from a new series is very different from adding in one that's already been in Smash. Adding Felix would highlight the new Golden Sun character and moveset. I'm not opposed to addingnew reps from retro series that aren't represented, but I personally feel like F-Zero has had it's chance.

That said, I don't expect Felix. He'd be cool, but he's a long shot, kinda like Black Shadow.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, adding in a rep from a new series is very different from adding in one that's already been in Smash. Adding Felix would highlight the new Golden Sun character and moveset. I'm not opposed to addingnew reps from retro series that aren't represented, but I personally feel like F-Zero has had it's chance.

That said, I don't expect Felix. He'd be cool, but he's a long shot, kinda like Black Shadow.
Well, GS has had it's chance then, :^)

Relevancy doesn't really matter, since Dark samus got added in despite not being relevant since the 2000's.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master

We already got an item in Smash 4 that summoned chickens, the cuckoo.

Assuming they bring that back, Steve doesn't even really have that going for him.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Hey guys, I'm a primary frequenter of the Bandana Dee thread. (My most wanted)

I just wanted to stop by and say I'd like to be added to the support list. Originally I wasn't too sure about Isaac but now I'm sure I want him in. Dark Dawn was the first game I played, and although people might think that's a sin on its own a lot of the game has stuck with me pretty positively. I even grinded to get all my party members to level 99 to beat the optional bosses.

Overall the game was pretty fun, and I'm sure I'll eventually get around to the other two entries. In the meantime I'd really be interested in seeing Isaac join, but I have a few questions.

1. Who would his echo be? Felix or Matthew?
2. Would his moveset only use Venus Psynergy?
3. What's his stage going to be? Possible Assist Trophy?
4. Could his appearance in Dark Dawn be an alternate costume?
5. How exactly could Djinn work in his moveset?
6. How much would his sword (sol blade?) appear in his moveset?

Q-Long

Smash Lord

I just wanted to stop by and say I'd like to be added to the support list. Originally I wasn't too sure about Isaac but now I'm sure I want him in. Dark Dawn was the first game I played, and although people might think that's a sin on its own a lot of the game has stuck with me pretty positively. I even grinded to get all my party members to level 99 to beat the optional bosses.

Overall the game was pretty fun, and I'm sure I'll eventually get around to the other two entries. In the meantime I'd really be interested in seeing Isaac join, but I have a few questions.

Congrats man. Btw I want Bandana Dee alot too.

I like how you tried a game and tried to understand a character before passing Judgement.

Someone who has played golden sun and doesnt want isaac is better than someone who hasnt. Cause you're not like that chameleon nerd from Super Paper Mario lol

Also I want a Wise One assist trophy or a Alex one cause hes cute. Also it's cool to see characters who dont do much get some action

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie...Steve would be massive levels of disappointment for me and I’m sure a lot of people as well. Just the thought of Nintendo having to go to Microsoft to get a character and they look past Banjo and Master Chief for Steve??? No one disappoints better than Nintendo smh.

Those are at least my thoughts assuming this is true. I guess Vergeben half-heartedly endorsing the leaks gives it credibility but I’ll save my feelings until I actually see it happen.

Honestly I don’t care who becomes playable as long as I get Isaac!!!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hey guys, found this via reddit. Fun little game. Can you name all the characters currently in smash ult?
They're alphabetical until you hit the ones revealed on August 8 and later. Those are at the end.
Had a heck of a time getting the last like 7, took a lot of brain wracking when I was down to one. :p
Took me a bit over 18 minutes, cause man that last one took me like 5+ minutes to figure out.
Periods are a thing, so if a character probably has a period in it, try it with a period in the right spot, also spaces.
It took me 15:11 to name all the characters.

Hey, am I on the supporters list?
True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior .

Anyway, to answer Shiny Porygon Shiny Porygon 's questions.

1. I feel like Felix would be Isaac's echo, because Felix is more visually unique.
2. It might, it might also add non-Venus attacks that Isaac's capable of using; at the very least, he's able to use non-Venus Djinn.
3. His stage could be Vale, Elemental Star Chamber, Venus Lighthouse or the Lemurian Ship, I guess. You could make Matthew the GS Assist Trophy to fulfill the same niche.
4. Adult Isaac might be a bit too tall to be an Alternate Costume, though it would be neat.
5. As Attacks, I guess.
6. I'd make the Gaia Blade his Sword (because it's more closely tied to Isaac personally), as for how frequently it'd appear, maybe in a little over half of his basic attacks or something?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Congrats man. Btw I want Bandana Dee alot too.

I like how you tried a game and tried to understand a character before passing Judgement.

Someone who has played golden sun and doesnt want isaac is better than someone who hasnt. Cause you're not like that chameleon nerd from Super Paper Mario lol

Also I want a Wise One assist trophy or a Alex one cause hes cute. Also it's cool to see characters who dont do much get some action
Before passing judgment?

But jokes aside, originally I was neutral about it, but considering he's one of the highest and final contenders I wouldn't want to end up thinking he's just another generic anime swordsman or something.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
you're close.

K. Rool was definitely at the bottom of that. People were focused on getting Diddy Kong in the game first and he was one of the shoo-ins for Brawl.

So, it'd be Ridley, Geno, gap, Isaac, big gap, K. Rool
After Brawl's release Geno collapsed, and K. Rool expanded massively. However, I personally remember K. Rool gaining a lot of requests after Diddy Kong's confirmation in August 2007, and he was a big deal for the remaining few months of pre-Brawl (from the end of August to the end of January).

The most wanted newcomers up until Smash 4's announcement were:

S-tier:
Ridley
Mewtwo
Mega Man
K. Rool

A-tier:
Little Mac
Isaac
Roy
Palutena
Bowser Jr.