• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I have both cartridges of the original, a Japanese copy with the original box of the first game, and two copies of Dark Dawn.

I think I'm good.
I just secured a copy of Dark dawn, it's the only one I don't own anymore. Still have my GBA Golden sun games but no GBA to play them :drshrug:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Rhythm Heaven is creative and swell, but does it "need" a Smash character..not really imo. Getting Karate Joe might be the first time the hype train goes down for me. All these big names then...Karate Joe.. Inkling was more for new trailer tease purposes and an obvious pick to promote, but Chorus Kids would out shine Karate Joe. He looks so plain.
You're talking about Inklings like their game weren't crazy popular.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I think Rhythm Heaven is creative and swell, but does it "need" a Smash character..not really imo. Getting Karate Joe might be the first time the hype train goes down for me. All these big names then...Karate Joe.. Inkling was more for new trailer tease purposes and an obvious pick to promote, but Chorus Kids would out shine Karate Joe. He looks so plain.
Rhythm Heaven is first party though. But I agree that the Chorus kids would be way more interesting to see than Joe.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Damn, I'm so excited...so many different hints...there must be something Golden Sun related in that direct.

Can't wait lol.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
There are too many factors pointing towards Isaac. We've got:

1) The Rathalos tweet (First Direct since that hint)
2) Smash Ballot-based roster confirmation
3) Polls with Isaac at the top once confirmed characters are removed
4) Missing blog posts theory
5) Golden Sun trademark renewal

... This could really be it. :dizzy:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Castlevania has been dead for a while, it felt amazing to not only get Simon but Richter too

I kinda feel the same way if Felix would happen, would be treat for hungry fans

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: after seeing that trademark renewal, I feel a lot more confident then ever on Isaac, to be honest.

And while I do have classes, I do have a transitional period where I go to the next class that's not until around 5:45 CDT, so this means I can watch the direct in full before class starts! Just need to pick a suitable watching spot and get ready to be hyped. :p

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
If Mr Sakarai was planning to do Isaac justice as a character design, he would be the most complicated character to design out of the entire roster. Mainly because if he is staying true to the character, that would mean the majority of his attacks are psynergy. Also if he does anything like Shulk to use Djinn to select and alter his Elements as well as being similar to Robin and monitoring magic consumption, by giving him a Psynergy Point UI Display. I could see how this could have been the reason for potential delays in character being added to the roster. The question is Is it possible he took out Isaac's assist trophy for a reason, maybe because he intended to release him as a character back in SS for the WII U, but just couldn't fully get the design to work... hmm...?:ohwell: Any way it's something to think about.

Of course I may be wrong and he may be trying a more simpler approach only focusing on using his sword and/or axe for most of his moveset and only using a few magical abilities.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Something to note:

Be prepared to see a huge wave of guests lurking into this thread when the Direct draws closer.

I still want to see Rhythm Heaven in Smash - and I believe if Mr.Game & Watch is to go by, it's the characters' appeal comes best out of their moves.

Rhythm Heaven in general I believe it's one more beloved Nintendo-IP overdue to be in Smash, especially now that it had reached bigger kind of presence and popularity after Rhythm Heaven DS led into Rhythm Heaven Fever. Besides, also started on GBA, even if very end of it's life-cycle.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
And he has Robin's VA, so I'm especially excited about him even though I know nothing about Castlevania.

Sparkus

Smash Rookie
All of this supports, it makes me so happy...
Actually, i have to confess, this thread/site feels so comfy, i hope Isaac gets in today so we can celebrate!

Also, to see Golden Sun back on action on Nintendo consoles...would be amazing for me, as a Jrpg lover, Final Fantasy being my favorite series but now it feels so apart from Nintendo consoles...I miss turn based Jrpgs, and back in the day Golden Sun felt like the one which was fitting that spot on my heart.
I even played FFXV, liked it (i'm very open minded with video games) but it not the same, and i tried Xenoblade X, recently bought Torna DLC (standalone) but i know it's not the same, at all....sigh, Even Octopath Traveler tried to get that charm back, but yet, as in Square Enix franchises, no one can say they will have sequels, unlike GS, a first party Nintendo Jrpg, wich could stay with us from now on and forever, and would love that.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
And he has Robin's VA, so I'm especially excited about him even though I know nothing about Castlevania.
I actually managed to meet him back this summer and got his autograph on my notebook + Robin-amiibo. Couldn't though believe he also VA'd Richter, especially when I had been big fan of him since 2015.

In general, seeing Richter in his RoB-style to boot felt such a sheer unexpected, blissful surprise. I guess popularity and more robust moves from Simon really spoke on his own behalf to be in.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Something to note:

Be prepared to see a huge wave of guests lurking into this thread when the Direct draws closer.

I still want to see Rhythm Heaven in Smash - and I believe if Mr.Game & Watch is to go by, it's the characters' appeal comes best out of their moves.

Rhythm Heaven in general I believe it's one more beloved Nintendo-IP overdue to be in Smash, especially now that it had reached bigger kind of presence and popularity after Rhythm Heaven DS led into Rhythm Heaven Fever. Besides, also started on GBA, even if very end of it's life-cycle.
Also the Chorus kids would represent the DS era of gaming that is seriously lacking representation in smash at the moment.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm not buying a game I'm not gonna play.
After your friend is hooked on the series. Guilt trip them into letting you play with their 3DS since you did give them a free game and it was a series you loved long before them. Play chess not checkers my friend.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I Know this can be nothing but God, why today? Im so hyped rn
PixelPar was one of the people who leaked PLG, wasn't he?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Now all we need is that there'll be no "leaks" suddenly flowing out before the Direct...

Last edited:

lexpic17

Smash Rookie
I just saw the trademark update. That and Golden Sun trending worldwide on twitter? It is taking everything I have to stay focused on work until the direct!

Even if we don't get Isaac, Nintendo/Camelot hopefully can see how popular Golden Sun is!

D

Deleted member

Reminder that trademark renewals are pretty standard legal procedure and probably mean absolutely nothing.
That said, Isaac is such a popular character that I would be legitimately surprised if he weren't in the game, especially given that Ridley and K. Rool are in largely due to fan demand. I'm not hoping for him myself, but hopefully you guys get him this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

bassem6

Smash Lord

I don’t see how #4 hints specifically at Isaac. It’s more of a hint that there will be smash related news in this direct, probably a newcomer and echo.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It does really feel like either Isaac is in Smash or the universe has decided to play a really cruel and elaborate trick on us.

I don't know what to think.

I definitely don't think I'll be doing any responsible hyping tonight. For better or worse. :p

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I actually managed to meet him back this summer and got his autograph on my notebook + Robin-amiibo. Couldn't though believe he also VA'd Richter, especially when I had been big fan of him since 2015.

In general, seeing Richter in his RoB-style to boot felt such a sheer unexpected, blissful surprise. I guess popularity and more robust moves from Simon really spoke on his own behalf to be in.

It actually looks like a fusion of his RoB and SotN style to me or am i wrong, havent played RoB in forever

Edit: Perhaps the sun in the K Rool trailer is a hint too, or maybe not

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I don’t see how #4 hints specifically at Isaac. It’s more of a hint that there will be smash related news in this direct, probably a newcomer and echo.
And since this is general direct rather than a Smash-focused one, there is a good chance there will be just one Smash trailer thrown in at the end. If that's the case, the echo would have to be closely related to the unique newcomer and not just shoehorned into the trailer. None of the currently highly speculated characters that aren't named Isaac (aside from an unlikely Sora/Roxas combo) could have a feasible echo fighter.

Of course, if Sakurai shows up and Smash gets a more extensive time slot, then all bets are off. Nothing points to that so far, though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It does really feel like either Isaac is in Smash or the universe has decided to play a really cruel and elaborate trick on us.

I don't know what to think.

I definitely don't think I'll be doing any responsible hyping tonight. For better or worse. :p
What is this...

Someone's still using the SSB4-signature I made for Isaac?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd caution reading into trademark renewals. It feels like Nintendo renews the trademark for Eternal Darkness all the bloody time.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
You must not have been hanging out in this thread much lately, then. :p

link2702

Smash Champion
Here’s a crazy thought i had though it’s extremely unlikely....

What if we had three reveals today, all rpg characters? Isaac, geno, rex?

With the torna dlc releasing tomorrow, it would make sense to try and push xenoblade2 in the spotlight again, but also all the evidence with Golden Sun lately really makes it seem like Isaac is gonna pop up somewhere.

Geno is the long shot one. I’m not sure Nintendo wants to reveal all three newcomers at once if this smash supposedly isn’t supposed to have too many new characters. They’d want to spread out the reveals a bit.

i can dream though...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Here’s a crazy thought i had though it’s extremely unlikely....

What if we had three reveals today, all rpg characters? Isaac, geno, rex?

With the torna dlc releasing tomorrow, it would make sense to try and push xenoblade2 in the spotlight again, but also all the evidence with Golden Sun lately really makes it seem like Isaac is gonna pop up somewhere.

Geno is the long shot one. I’m not sure Nintendo wants to reveal all three newcomers at once if this smash supposedly isn’t supposed to have too many new characters. They’d want to spread out the reveals a bit.

i can dream though...
I was thinking more of Isaac Geno and Lloyd but yeah that would be nuts

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Hey guys! Just saw what someone here found back in august about a smash link in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn's german website. Was that real, is it still like that?

Top Bottom