• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
Found this Germany unofficial poll! So much love for Isaac is there!
https://mobile.twitter.com/SmashBrosGER/status/1040203323855523842
Always told you german speaking countries love Isaac (im am from austria and hype is big)

Hey guys! Just saw what someone here found back in august about a smash link in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn's german website. Was that real, is it still like that?

I was that. All the nintendo sites that using the new design (mostly europe and south africa) updating their pages on regular schedule. As for DD, the page got brought back up and is now part of the maintenance cycle

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Do you remember the direct that was supposed to be everything nintendo and ended up being 70% Smash ? Not that I expect that at all though.
E3? To be fair, all we had of Ultimate was a teaser trailer at the time. It made sense to dedicate a lot of time to it so that fans could see what exactly was going to be different with this one, especially with the knowledge that all veterans were returning and the first sign that this game was going to be focused on fanservice and not promotion: :ultridley:.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what channels not talking about a character has to do with their chances. If Isaac is in, it was decided upon years ago. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the chips to fall for the last few reveals.

His presumed Ballot success makes me hopeful, he'd fit right in alongside Ridley and K. Rool as the big-name requested additions.

Also, part of the reason I root for these types of characters is that Ultimate is possibly their last chance at getting in a game again. It's a big part of why K. Rool was my most-wanted, and it's a large factor as to why Banjo, Geno, and Isaac are now my top three newcomers.
They are also my top 3. Great characters who have been wasting away on somebodies shelf. That is part of the reason I was happy for the K. Rool fans when he was announced as he was in the same boat.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'd caution reading into trademark renewals. It feels like Nintendo renews the trademark for Eternal Darkness all the bloody time.
Making GS trend on Twitter with that alone as well... *sweating*

I kind of hope it does mean something...

Speaking which, here's a lil game:

What characters aside from Isaac could you see happening this Direct?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I've been pegging this Direct as Rex's do or die moment (for the base roster), so Rex and Isaac/Geno together wouldn't be altogether unexpected. If this was the case, it'd also get the "anime sword boys" out of the way so that complainers don't have to worry about any more amongst the rest of the newcomers (probably).

I'm also saying this is a good Pokemon time, since October/November might distract from Pokemon Let's Go in November if we're not getting a Gen I Pokemon in Ultimate. So mix a Pokemon rep in with the ones already mentioned, and yeah, today might be a good day for RPG fans.

Edit- This post was unrelated to Valkyrie's, but it amusingly answers the question they put forth.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I was thinking more of Isaac Geno and Lloyd but yeah that would be nuts
The only real reason I’d feel it’d be Rex is because xc2 sold well, new dlc is on the way, and Nintendo as a business is gonna wanna draw hype for any of their newer products.

Lloyd I also don’t think really topped any of the charts like Isaac or geno have.

I’ve got nothing against him getting in, just that I don’t see it as likely with two fan favorites likely having a shot, and one new character that Nintendo probably wants to promote the game of to help push more sales.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Keep in mind they'll probably want to keep some of their best bullets for the last months and directs before release. I don't think they would shot both Isaac and Geno at the same time since they're the biggest ones atm.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Keep in mind they'll probably want to keep some of their best bullets for the last months and directs before release. I don't think they would shot both Isaac and Geno at the same time since they're the biggest ones atm.
Might even mean that this Direct might have less highly requested candidate shown overall. I might even see Isabelle or other more casual audience-geared Nintendo-fan-fave happening in this one due it.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd caution reading into trademark renewals. It feels like Nintendo renews the trademark for Eternal Darkness all the bloody time.
Yes, sadly a trademark pretty much means nothing. And if we were to get some kind of Golden Sun game reveal in the Direct today, do you think Nintendo would let the trademark go public beforehand? That just doesn't add up to me.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I feel like this trademark was a coincidence.

The Direct was supposed to be shown 7 days ago after all.

It doesn’t matter though, if this means something, then it further confirms Isaac.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Making GS trend on Twitter with that alone as well... *sweating*

I kind of hope it does mean something...

Speaking which, here's a lil game:

What characters aside from Isaac could you see happening this Direct?
Well, it means there are a lot of mobilized Isaac fans.

I would love a new game
Who wouldn't?

Yes, sadly a trademark pretty much means nothing. And if we were to get some kind of Golden Sun game reveal in the Direct today, do you think Nintendo would let the trademark go public beforehand? That just doesn't add up to me.
I'll qualify this by saying I know very little about the subject, but I don't think Nintendo lets most trademarks go public, I think they re-up before that happens.

Counterpoint; Nintendo let Custom Robo slip.
That's not a counterpoint, a counterpoint would be one of these renewals being indicative of active development.

Sordim522

Smash Cadet
In all fairness, the direct was delayed so they may have been expecting the presence of Isaac in Smash or the announcement of a new GS game to be public knowledge. Just a thought.

Yggdra

Smash Rookie
So... I have been absent from this forum, since the tragedy of Japan, can someone give me a tl;dr from the last, like 20 pages or so? I don't think i have time to read everything.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
So... I have been absent from this forum, since the tragedy of Japan, can someone give me a tl;dr from the last, like 20 pages or so? I don't think i have time to read everything.
Talked about other Nintendo games like Custom Robo and Fire Emblem
Talked about ways Golden Sun can be revived
Went from believing Isaac is in to questioning it
I made terrible Golden Sun jokes
Speculation about next newcomer (Skull Kid and Geno are common ones we think will be in)
Now we are more optimistic

KMDP

Smash Legend
Continuing to play Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

I'm lost in Aqua Rock, trying to find the place to put the Aquarius Stone, but that means while I'm looking I'm also grinding, so it's ultimately to my benefit.

There is an enemy in Aqua Rock, the Sea Dragon.

They drop Unicorn Rings at a 1/64 Rate (1/16 if you beat them with a Mars Djinn). [Unicorn Rings heal Poison, but don't do anything else, so they're kinda useless]

So far, I've gotten three of the things from them, but I also have a full inventory.

So... (paraphrased)

"Felix got a Unicorn Ring.
However, there is no more room in your inventory for the item.
Felix threw the Unicorn Ring as far away as possible.
"

I don't think I've ever seen that before. It got a laugh out of me.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you've been absent since last week you missed way more than twenty pages, hun.

The most important thing was people figured out from gaps in file names on the blog that much has been shifted around due to the delay, including two days' worth of content (when the Direct was originally to air and the next update) as well as the music this week and yesterday's update.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Everything everyone else is saying, plus some great fifty cent jokes

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this trademark was a coincidence.

The Direct was supposed to be shown 7 days ago after all.

It doesn’t matter though, if this means something, then it further confirms Isaac.
Well there are two dates on the trademark info. I personally don’t know how trademarks work but some people are saying the earlier date may be when the trademark was applied for, August 24, meaning this all happened before the direct was going to originally air.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Well there are two dates on the trademark info. I personally don’t know how trademarks work but some people are saying the earlier date may be when the trademark was applied for, August 24, meaning this all happened before the direct was going to originally air.
yep, the trademark was applied for on august 24.

I can't with my hype D: 5 hours left

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

I'm so ready for Isaac to get reveal! I have a good feeling about him being shown in this direct.
I'm predicting we'll see Isaac and Chorus Kids for this direct.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Gonna miss the direct live tonight, but I'm counting on ya'll to give our boy a howl if he shows up. Gonna try and catch the direct unspoiled when I get home. An Isaac reveal for Smash would be too big an event for me to just casually read up on.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Coming from the Shantae Thread.

Just wanted to wish you guys luck for Isaac.
Maybe the dream will come true today?

Let us all hope for the best, for our beloved characters. ^w^

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
I don’t get the gut feeling it’s Isaac’s time, but you guys are hyping me up to dangerous levels.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Coming from the Shantae Thread.

Just wanted to wish you guys luck for Isaac.
Maybe the dream will come true today?

Let us all hope for the best, for our beloved characters. ^w^
If Isaac will not be revealed but Shantae, I would still be very happy since I like that half genie very much!

Any other character, while doing nothing for me, would make people happy, so that is nice as well!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
A trademark niether proves or disproves his chances. lol.

It's just neat that they at least care about it enough to update it.

But yeah. We're still in the same position as before, just with a lot more hype surrounding us.

Edit: Though, I don't get why they needed ANOTHER update. Trademarks last for at least 10 years. And they already trademarked it back in 2009, 2017, and now in August. So for those who think the contract is already up, nope. Not the case.

Last edited:

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice

But yeah. We're still in the same position as before, just with a lot more hype surrounding us.

Edit: Though, I don't get why they needed ANOTHER update. Trademarks last for at least 10 years. And they already trademarked it back in 2009, 2017, and now in August. So for those who think the contract is already up, nope. Not the case.
Well, there's that King K. Rool trademark that happened in the same year as Sakurai's roster focus for SSBUltimate. I have the link in case.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

That's the main thing I find odd about it.

The other trademarks for the other games were going to expire this year, but not Golden Sun...it had another year before it expired.

Does anyone know if trademarking games at the last minute (particularly games that aren't "big" Nintendo franchises) is normal for Nintendo? If it is then that makes Nintendo trademarking Golden Sun a year before the trademark expires quite strange.

I know people say Nintendo trademark all the time and it doesn't mean anything, but it's not the trademark itself that stands out to me, but the timing of it.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I'm also coming from the Shantae Thread.
While I have said some things on here that may sound a bit bad against Isaac, I wish you guys good luck over here in the upcoming Direct! Because this has been a big undertaking for you guys, and you are actually quite courteous, it's just me being a bit more negative on an opinion than anything else.
I'm mainly saying this because of how I felt that BillyBo's latest predictions for smash is slightly unrealistic (Not the one newcomer, one echo thing. But just his rather small sample size of around five characters) and it does makes sense overall and that he's very excited.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That's the main thing I find odd about it.

The other trademarks for the other games were going to expire this year, but not Golden Sun...it had another year before it expired.

Does anyone know if trademarking games at the last minute (particularly games that aren't "big" Nintendo franchises) is normal for Nintendo? If it is then that makes Nintendo trademarking Golden Sun a year before the trademark expires quite strange.

I know people say Nintendo trademark all the time and it doesn't mean anything, but it's not the trademark itself that stands out to me, but the timing of it.
Well, there's that King K. Rool trademark that happened in the same year as Sakurai's roster focus for SSBUltimate. I have the link in case.
Yeah. I edited that in. Lol.

Go buy Dark Dawn for the last time. It might be the cheapest it'll ever be.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Man 4 hours to go.

I'm tempted to just knock myself out and wake up right when the direct's going to air xD

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
If we do get a new Golden Sun game they need to remake the first 2.

It's been too long since DD for GS4, GS4 would not do ANYTHING for the series. Remake the first 2, fix some of the errors and speed some things up. Talk more about ancient civs and such.

If it sells well, REMAKE GS3 completly. Like fix the story get rid of himi, heck, get rid of the kids and bring back Isaac and have him finish Alex

Top Bottom