• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I also don't get the translation for names sometimes.
It seems that in the english version most names have a relation with alchemy or alchemists (Isaac Newton etc).
But in french it's just Russian names it seems, maybe because if you overlap the real world map and Weyard, Val's area is more or less Russia. So we get:
Vlad (vladimir) for Isaac, Garet doesn't change, Ivan neither, Sophia for Mia, Lina for Jenna, Pavel for Felix and the only one I cannot find where it' from is Cylia for Sheba (which ironically comes for a word meaning "blind")
...ah I think I got it.
Vlad means "to rule"
Garret means "spiky" or "tough/brave"
Ivan comes from "god is merciful" in hebraic langage
Sophia comes from the same root as "wisdom" in Latin
Lina i'm not sure, comes from linen but i'm not sure what it could hint at ? Some things i found point Lina to "loving/caring/tender". So may hint at her love for Isaac/Vlad.
Pavel would mean "small" or "weak" ? Ok now my lead is becoming loose.

At first I thought it was hint/pun about their characteristics, like Vlad having "Lord" as his highest level class in the original game, but now i'm not so sure xD
Unless they named Pavel this way because he was weak and "died" early.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Something I thought on about when playing GS a bit again.

Do you think we'll have touched-up versions of SFX you hear in GS, whenever Psynergy is used - but now added on Isaac whenever he'd be using it on his various Psynergy-related moves in Ultimate? I'd so love that kind of a detail.

I also remember guessing right about how Prince (of) Sable should have the beginning jingle from his overworld theme, so just throwing another hopeful guess out here too.

We need a Isaac cheerleader image! Put Jenna, Mia, Ivan, Garet, Felix, Fehzi, Matthew, Waluigi like school cheerleaders!
That'd be uncharacteristically sweet from the guy.

I also suggest Lyndis, Saki, Knuckle Joe, Starfy, Jeff and other veteran Brawl-Assists to be there, of course. I've always saw them as close pals to Isaac since those days, if anything - especially Lyn and Saki.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So less than three hours to go and I'm already out of things to occupy my time with, so now I'm terrified as per usual. There's just so much going on in Isaac's favour and a few months ago it felt like Isaac was still a pipe-dream. He's the reason I made my first Smash video back in July, so I'd love for Isaac to get in so I can come full circle :p

Q-Long

Smash Lord

Do you think we'll have touched-up versions of SFX you hear in GS, whenever Psynergy is used - but now added on Isaac whenever he'd be using it on his various Psynergy-related moves in Ultimate? I'd so love that kind of a detail.

I also remember guessing right about how Prince (of) Sable should have the beginning jingle from his overworld theme, so just throwing another hopeful guess out here too.

I also suggest Lyndis, Saki, Knuckle Joe, Starfy, Jeff and other veteran Brawl-Assists to be there, of course. I've always saw them as close pals to Isaac since those days, if anything - especially Lyn and Saki.
I like to imagine Andy and Ray there too, great and decently sized franchises, that sadly never made it due to poor decisions. Yeah that sounds familiar lol, those two would be happy for him

Salocin

Smash Rookie
So less than three hours to go and I'm already out of things to occupy my time with, so now I'm terrified as per usual. There's just so much going on in Isaac's favour and a few months ago it felt like Isaac was still a pipe-dream. He's the reason I made my first Smash video back in July, so I'd love for Isaac to get in so I can come full circle :p
This might sound silly but it’s actually because of your video “Why Isaac Should Be In Smash Ultimate” that made me want to play Golden Sun and made Isaac my most wanted too. I’m quite new to the whole Isaac support thread but honestly after so many ups and downs recently it would just be cruel if he wasn’t in at this stage, I really really hope he makes it.

Also, I too have ran out of things to do whilst waiting.

KMDP

Smash Legend
that happene for me, but Sheba was the only one with a slot on her inventory

so was like

"Felix got a Unicorn Ring.
Felix gave the Unicorn Ring to Sheba."
that made my day
I just beat Tundaria Tower.

Tundaria Tower has the Minotaurus enemy.
<- This guy.
It has a 1/64 chance (1/16 if you kill it with a Jupiter Djinn) of dropping a Tartarus Axe.

I managed to get a Tartarus Axe to drop, and gave it to Felix. Just two battles later, I find the Treasure Chest with the Lightning Sword...

The Lightning Sword is superior to the Tartarus Axe, along with the Cloud Brand, there's no reason for Felix or Piers to use the Tartarus Axe.
*sigh*

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sluggers was also the last game K Rule was in
Yup. It'd be pretty neat if they brought it back, added more recent character additions, but also kept characters like K. Rool and update his design (I'd prefer K. Rool being on his own team though).

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

*cough*Ray *cough*

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Yup. It'd be pretty neat if they brought it back, added more recent character additions, but also kept characters like K. Rool and update his design (I'd prefer K. Rool being on his own team though).
I want to see more Nintendo cross over games

Like Smash is great

But like come on, in Mario Party, give us some other favorite nintendo characters

Less stupid ****ing baby characters and more diffrent ones.

Kirby should be in mario kart
Isaac should be in mario tenis

etc etc.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
To answer a question from earlier, I think this possible reveal for Smash goes one of two ways...

1. We continue with the Smash fan service, meaning the ballot influence and such...

2. Pokemon. It’s one of the Nintendo pillars and another rep for it wouldn’t be surprising.

I don’t think we would see a mix of the the two necessarily, but if we do I think it would be something like the new Pokemon rep and a cool Echo fighter for some other franchise.

This last 2.5 hours is going to destroy me!!

When during the Direct do you all want to see a possible reveal for Isaac? Get it out of the way in the beginning or save it for the big reveal at the end? I only want to see it in the middle somewhere if it’s accompanied by an announcement for a remake/remaster of the first two Golden Sun games. =P

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
To answer a question from earlier, I think this possible reveal for Smash goes one of two ways...

1. We continue with the Smash fan service, meaning the ballot influence and such...

2. Pokemon. It’s one of the Nintendo pillars and another rep for it wouldn’t be surprising.

I don’t think we would see a mix of the the two necessarily, but if we do I think it would be something like the new Pokemon rep and a cool Echo fighter for some other franchise.

When during the Direct do you all want to see a possible reveal for Isaac? Get it out of the way in the beginning or save it for the big reveal at the end? I only want to see it in the middle somewhere if it’s accompanied by an announcement for a remake/remaster of the first two Golden Sun games. =P
Big reveal at the end for me. I'd rather not be sobbing uncontrollably at the start from Isaac's reveal as I wouldn't be able to pay attention to the rest of the Direct.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'll drop one final, sappy post here before the Direct. I first played Golden Sun in early 2002, back when I was 11. It was my first real RPG (other than Pokemon of course) and the game that sparked my love for the genre. It didn't take long for that love to turn into a desire to see Isaac in Smash, and I've been holding onto that dream ever since.

Next week I turn 28. Over half my life I've been hoping to see Golden Sun get its due in Smash Bros, and today, for the first time in a very long time, it seems like that dream may become reality. I'm trying to keep my hype in check, but I can't help but dare to believe. Here's hoping Sakurai has finally answered our prayers and that today the Golden Sun will rise again!

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I am thinking this

Just hear me out.

Remember how Mewtwo was dlc? They showed off his wired frame?
What if Isaac will be the first DLC character?

Sakurai was 50/50 on Isaac. Posted the screenshot and the demand for Isaac grew. He saw that, said okay we can do this for DLC.

I would be down for that

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Same.
Golden Sun was my very first rpg, and third game ever (if I count the lion king on GB that i never past the first level of... >.>) and the first game I ever finished, been hooked on those since then.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Big reveal at the end for me. I'd rather not be sobbing uncontrollably at the start from Isaac's reveal as I wouldn't be able to pay attention to the rest of the Direct.
I kinda doubt we'd get a GS game revealed just yet anyway. That would definitely be a 2019 game and they can wait a while to announce it.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I kinda doubt we'd get a GS game revealed just yet anyway. That would definitely be a 2019 game and they can wait a while to announce it.
Octopath and Xeno show people like JRPGS

People like me who are turned off by Xenoblade and want a traditional JRPG would go more to Golden Sun

Remaking the first 2 games with more dunegons in the first and such would be mmm mmm good

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like I ought to be more nervous right now.....but I'm not really feeling much of anything right now.

It's hard to imagine that there's a really good chance that the character I've wanted most for Smash, for so long now......could be announced for Smash Bros Ultimate in 3 hours.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I feel like I ought to be more nervous right now.....but I'm not really feeling much of anything right now.

It's hard to imagine that there's a really good chance that the character I've wanted most for Smash, for so long now......could be announced for Smash Bros Ultimate in 3 hours.
You've probably got the better attitude if he isn't confirmed, to be fair.

Salocin

Smash Rookie
Regardless of whether Isaac gets revealed at the start or the end I think I’ll struggle to pay attention. If he opens the direct he’ll be on my mind for the entire thing, if he closes it I might spend the entire direct being nervous and waiting/hoping.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I’m really hoping for Isaac today. I’m not expecting him, but I am hoping. It almost makes me sad knowing that once he gets revealed I and many others will stop visiting this support thread after the actual years we’ve spent here. But it especially makes me happy knowing that if he does get in, that’s because of us, because we voted for him and spread awareness. I find that amazing. If he gets in it’s not because Sakurai suddenly woke up one morning and thought to include Isaac because of some checklist, it’s because we voted and made our voices heard and that’s ******* exciting. Sorry about the repetition and rambling, but gosh dang I am so fricking hyped for this direct and the next couple months.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

Big reveal at the end. I think several of us will be able to guess if it's Isaac within the first five seconds of scenery so not having that bombshell dropped right at the beginning would be nice lol.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm most worried about how I'll get any sleep if Isaac gets revealed. Like how do you fall asleep after something like that happens?

GoldenSunIsAlive

Smash Cadet
Lets make it to post 400 before the direct!!! We are close guys!!

I want something golden sun related, even if hes not in SSBU, but if golden sun gets a remake or a new game I will be SUPER EXCITED even with that.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I’m really hoping for Isaac today. I’m not expecting him, but I am hoping. It almost makes me sad knowing that once he gets revealed I and many others will stop visiting this support thread after the actual years we’ve spent here. But it especially makes me happy knowing that if he does get in, that’s because of us, because we voted for him and spread awareness. I find that amazing. If he gets in it’s not because Sakurai suddenly woke up one morning and thought to include Isaac because of some checklist, it’s because we voted and made our voices heard and that’s ******* exciting. Sorry about the repetition and rambling, but gosh dang I am so fricking hyped for this direct and the next couple months.
Sure, the support thread will be gone. But instead we'll get a shiny new board section just for Isaac that we can all frequent :p

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I just want to say, good luck you guys. I got into playing Golden Sun 1 and 2 after SSBB’s release and I loved every minute of it. Isaac would be a great pick for Smash.

Hopefully your journey comes to a close in this Direct.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
man i hope he's in this announcement, otherwise the internet is gonna be so sad.... not to mention the mocking from the haters we'd have to endure

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Goddamn this thread has exploded.
I just moved back to uni so been busy but I can feel the hype and expectations for tonight.

Hope you are all doing well.

Just two hours to go.

We might also get nothing but I kinda doubt that.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Currently in my last period class, and I really can't wait until I get home.
I can't stop thinking about the direct, it's been on my mind all day.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I want to see more Nintendo cross over games

Like Smash is great

But like come on, in Mario Party, give us some other favorite nintendo characters

Less stupid ****ing baby characters and more diffrent ones.

Kirby should be in mario kart
Isaac should be in mario tenis

etc etc.
To be fair, they are starting to try that, with Link appearing in Mario Kart 8 and F-Zero inspired stages.

tamagone

Smash Rookie
One of the guests who has finally made his account; i'd like to say that i am 100% supporting Isaac, ever since Smash 4 (although anonimously). I've played GS and TLA, and have so far offput DD, but for now? I'm really excited! So all we can do is wait. We can do this! The odds are on our favor, after all.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
It doesn’t have to be end here, though. If he makes it in, one battle would have been won. But there’s still a war to fight. The war to revive the franchise. And I hope you and many other help us continue the fight.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Under 3 hours now!

Strange though, I still see not much guests suddenly coming in... I guess more close to the Direct's hour?

Last edited:

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
I just played a bit of golden sun more than ten years ago in a bad emulator and nothing else, but as a fan of Saki Amamiya still hoping he can get in, I hope Isaac can get in as well.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Going through the Ankohl Ruins (seriously, if you want the Tartarus Axe to mean anything, do this one before Tundaria Tower, it has the Minotaurus enemy as well), and just found the Thanatos Mace, it's unleash is "Heartbreak".

*gives Sheba the Thanatos Mace, because Felix and Piers have better weapons*
Hmm... "Heartbreak".
---
About Gear.
Felix is wearing a Viking Helm, Fujin Shield, Ixion Mail and Leather Boots.
Jenna is wearing Pure Circlet and a Clear Bracelet, Muni Robe, Golden Boots and the Golden Ring
Sheba's wearing the Thorn Crown, Bone Armlets a Faery Vest and Leather Boots, along with the Guardian Ring.
Piers is wearing a Prophet's Hat (which is a Lime Green Wizard's Hat), War Gloves, Phantasmal Mail and Leather Boots,

They must look like idiots.

For some reason, Jenna is my best character right now. She's got the second highest HP, second highest Attack, the highest Defense, equal agility to Felix (so joint second), she also has Ply; she's just generally good.

Felix is by far the strongest character, because he's in the Brute class tree.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Would me crazy if Isaac got the hype boost right before the finish line. Talk about a good ending that would be.

Top Bottom