• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Now everyone we must remember. There is every chance that Golden Sun comes to the 3DS. So we must buy it no matter what. We have to show Nintendo our financial support. Money talks when it comes to support so if we really want the House of the Golden Sun to rise we must show our support. Vote with our wallets!
Meh. I can't buy new games for my 3DS anymore. Since I lost my original 3DS way back when.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Now everyone we must remember. There is every chance that Golden Sun comes to the 3DS. So we must buy it no matter what. We have to show Nintendo our financial support. Money talks when it comes to support so if we really want the House of the Golden Sun to rise we must show our support. Vote with our wallets!
I'm buying Luigi's mansion too but I'm still pissed it's not on Switch ... :drflip:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Yeah I assume he cares more about his privacy considering the amount of hate he got for something like not including a character.

Regarding the trademark, I’m super optimistic about tonight but wouldn’t they have renewed the trademark last week if they were going to be revealing GS content?
sometimes they do that so no one else can jack their stuff. prolly means nothing sadly

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Golden Sun was a Twitter trend? Whoa, okay this trademark thing got TONS of people talking for it to literally become a trending topic lol.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I read something interesting on Twitter. Apparently Rhythm Heaven, Wrecking Crew and Slugger needed to be renewed, but Golden Sun didn't need to be renewed until next year.

Is that true?

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I read something interesting on Twitter. Apparently Rhythm Heaven, Wrecking Crew and Slugger needed to be renewed, but Golden Sun didn't need to be renewed until next year.

Is that true?
I don't know myself, but if this is the case, that changes the ball game completely.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman

Is that true?

I don't know much about trademarks, but it did get renewed twice in the last couple of weeks. On the 24th of August and on the 11th of September specifically.

D

Deleted member

By the way, if any of you guys want to buy any Golden sun game you might want to do it soon. If Isaac is revealed the prices might go crazy.
I already own the first two games on the Wii U virtual console so I’m good.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Add me to your list of supporters I've been an avid fan of Golden Sun since the beginning, buying the original titles both 1 and 2 the year of their release as well as DD. After so much time waiting I believe that Isaac has a real shot this time. Lets keep the support and the hype going. And if it all works out Alex will finally get whats coming to him.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I resent ho-oh a little. took forever to catch in soul silver and the master ball got used for I think either entei or raikou. either way that phoenix needs it's feathers plucked. jerk. >.>

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Aren't Trademarks every ten years?

I Know this can be nothing but God, why today? Im so hyped rn

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
In 8 hours everything about Golden Sun might change... I can't hold the hype in anymore!!!!

Even if nothing happens tonight, hope will never die! There will be another smash direct for sure before the game releases...

Fingers crossed!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
IF Isaac and Golden Sun content really is in the game, my guess is that they had renewed the Golden Sun trademark last year covering possible new games, but this new one covers other uses of Golden Sun contents (whatever is needed for Smash).

If anyone could read japanese maybe we could compare both trademark requests. :laugh:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
GOLDEN Sun is trending topic on Twitter. That's huge. I dont remember seeing this happen before

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
remember guys, if he doesn't show today we still have other directs til release if he's not in any of those or as dlc then we can panic

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I know I said earlier today that I felt like Isaac got a pretty good shot of being announced tonight, but I didn't really see the trademark thing coming, and alongside some of the posts I've read in here, I'm getting quite curious.

Well if Golden Sun gets a 3DS rerelease, I'll probably buy it. I'm only growing more and more interested with all this speculation going on.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
So this trademark thing seriously has me amped but it also has me wondering about Chorus Kids and Karate Joe.

Where are we at with that theory/leak that I saw in here regarding Karate Joe being the next fighter possibly?

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
This can be our day guys! I'm literally listening to every song from the GBA games in anticipation. Anyway I'm going to go to sleep until a few hours before the direct so I'll catch you chaps later

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Oh absolutely. While I think putting it on the Switch would be a better business decision, I’ll still buy GS3DS. I mean... I don’t even own a Switch yet so... obviously.

But, just like Dark Dawn, it may be up to us to push the series forward (if Nintendo fails to market the game properly). We’ll have to continue to hype up and introduce the game to new players.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Well ill be at work so next time I post will be after the direct.

Once again. may the Wise One be with us.

D

Deleted member

I got class this afternoon, but also need to go grab some things for the apartment afterward. Hope to get home by 6pm so I can react accordingly with the rest of the world.

Man, I'm more motivated than ever about Isaac and Golden Sun getting in now than I was during Smash 3DS/Wii U.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
It'd be so awesome if all this current Golden Sun momentum and trademark excitement actually led to an Isaac reveal for the upcoming direct, the hype would be through the roof. Though it's not do or die time so even if Isaac is not the direct reveal, we can certainly expect him to show up in the next smash direct. With all these coincidences lining up, him not being in the game would be hard to believe at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By the way, if any of you guys want to buy any Golden sun game you might want to do it soon. If Isaac is revealed the prices might go crazy.
I have both cartridges of the original, a Japanese copy with the original box of the first game, and two copies of Dark Dawn.

I think I'm good.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I think Rhythm Heaven is creative and swell, but does it "need" a Smash character..not really imo. Getting Karate Joe might be the first time the hype train goes down for me. All these big names then...Karate Joe.. Inkling was more for new trailer tease purposes and an obvious pick to promote, but Chorus Kids would out shine Karate Joe. He looks so plain.

Top Bottom