• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunday July 20th, Ann Arbor, MI - Digital Ops Biweekly #5!! New Strike Out System!

nojoes

Smash Ace
thinking of coming to this, but last time you guys had like, 15 people <_<....and that would not be worth the 3 hour drive(unless i didnt read stuff right).
we're bringing 4-5 guys up including vidjo, so there's plenty of good competition, i recommend coming.

RDK

Smash Hero
Luckily, I think I can make it Rofa's circuit thing AND this. So if nothing comes up, I'll bring a Wii and stuff.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Luckily, I think I can make it Rofa's circuit thing AND this. So if nothing comes up, I'll bring a Wii and stuff.
More Set-ups makes for a faster run tournament. Vayseth how many set-ups do we have confirmed and how many pending? TVs and Wii's? Do we need power strips or extension cords?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
dingdong on hot arms acc..

digital ops isn't as big as u guys think.. it fits like 5 t.v.s max maybe 6 if they clear the fuseball table.. but its still super duper fun =)

nojoes

Smash Ace
i somehow doubt they already have 5-6 tvs and set ups. if they did, i would be delightfully surprised.

Kel

Smash Master
This tournament is going to be the best Sunday tournament in history.

So much competition. I can't wait.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
guys letting u no da space ain't that big lol =P theres a buncha computers up in there but its so fun and u can just go outside and chill at borders and go get smart and read books

dingdong on hot arms's acc

Vayseth

Smash Master
dopey you going to this? teamsies?
I'm guessing there will be about 30-40 people at this moment. That's just about around as many as I have talked to personally. Dope *SHOULD* be coming unless someone screws him over in the ride department. It would be cool to meet ya and I hope you can make it out.

Don't worry about the space too much. I think we'll be alright.

I'm really happy to see that so many people are coming, and so many of them I haven't met before. I hope everyone can make it, and I'm sure it'll be the greatest Sunday tournament ever.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm trying to figure out if I can make it up to this. It's 3 hours, and i'm broke, so I don't know where I'm going to get gas money, but if i can figure that out, or if someone has room for 2 from indiana, let me know.

Vayseth

Smash Master
NOTICE, VERY IMPORTANT:

I have no idea how many people are planning on staying at my and Panda's apartment on Saturday but, it's less than a 1,000 sqft apartment. I don't think it will be physically possible to house many more. Here's the confirmed list of people staying:

1. Scala
2. Vayseth
3. Panda
4. TheMann
5. Noejoes
6. Vidjo
7. OH crew 1
8. OH crew 2
9. OH crew 3
10. Omniswell

THAT'S A LOT OF PEOPLE. And any more than that and we're running into some serious space issues. I don't care if you're here for the tournament on Saturday, but if you haven't gotten back to me about staying over, you should probably find another place if you can. If you need a place to stay, obviously I'm not going to kick you out, but know you might be in a room with 10+ guys about the size of a hotel room. Also, I want to have food and drinks available for everyone so be expected to throw in some cash money flow for pizza and pop before the tournament starts at 8 pm (around $5 a person).

Basically, if you are coming over Saturday, follow this outline:

1. Let me know if you are coming, and if you are staying over or if you are just coming for the smashfest/tournament SOON.
2. Be here between 6 pm and 7 pm if possible. I want to collect money and have food there by the time the tournament starts.
3. Tournament at 8 pm. Standard singles, entry fee will most likely be $5.
4. By midnight, I'd hope the tournament is over, and only the people staying over will be left.
5. Midnight-thirty: Vayseth is sleeping.
6. 10 am, Vayseth is waking up. If you want to take a shower in the morning you'd either take it after midnight or before 11:30 am. Showers must be QUICK (I have shampoo but not tooth brushes, towels, etc).
7. By 11:30 am everyone is cleared out of the apartment and we'll be off to eat and off to the tournament.
8. 12 noon, REGISTRATION STARTS AT DIGI OPS.

What I need from all of you is a list of people who are coming saturday and if you'll need housing. Again, the address is at the bottom of the original post. If you need anything, hit me up on AIM or in a PM hopefully by tomorrow night.

Thank you all, and I'm really hoping to meet all of you, and this will be one hell of a tournament.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'm trying to figure out if I can make it up to this. It's 3 hours, and i'm broke, so I don't know where I'm going to get gas money, but if i can figure that out, or if someone has room for 2 from indiana, let me know.
I can probably fit you, but make sure you read what I just posted. There was one guy from Fishers, IN who wanted to come too. Do you know him/can he help with gas money?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Okay, these are the things I need:

1. TVs/Wiis
2. A tent (5 and a half foot wide up to 11 foot long)
3. PEOPLE TO LET ME KNOW IF THEY ARE COMING.

Again, make sure all who are coming bring tooth brushes, general stuff like that, pillows and sleeping bags. It's gonna be crowded. Don't worry, I have A/C.

People from MI:
I NEED HELP HOSTING PEOPLE (aka, I need housing for these people). PLEASE, IF YOU CAN HOST PEOPLE, CONTACT ME ASAP!!!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Of course, the A/C will likely end up spreading the stench of the smashers in dire need of a shower so there will be no escaping the assault on your nostrils no matter where you run. But no worries, I hear Anther is bringing perfume to spray the room.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Out of staters have priority in housing. Again, I can't stress this enough, no matter who's staying over, it's going to be crowded.

I need my tent!

Vayseth

Smash Master
I have 2 tvs and 2 wiis for saturday, and 5 tvs and 2 wiis for sunday. I would appreciate it if people brought their wiis/tvs because the more the better.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
well i dont wanna bring it and not be used cause i'll be walking around like a dummy carrying a wii and im probaly just guna carry it in my hand with no bag like usual..

dingding

Smash Ace
oh sorry ankoku....i forgot i was even on it.. good friendlies though ur shiek.. is hard.. to .. beat..

and probaly not vayseth.. im like 15.. and i have parents so =P

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My Sheik is handicapped D: I need to learn Wifi timings for Zelda sometime.

Took you a while to find a solution to chain, lol.

dingding

Smash Ace
ya that was ********.. i was trying to DI towards u and im like fk he just did 40% on me.. so i got pissed and spamed tilts =) u shud put some vids up for me snake =P

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Alright, I'm uploading the 5 games in the beginning where I used Sheik... Pretty sure the rest of it was just me spamming Marth.

http://youtube.com/eradikatus

They'll be up on my channel eventually when they process.

nojoes

Smash Ace
vayseth if it is more convenient cleveland crew can leave on sunday morning and maybe you can house us sunday night? it seems like you're really cramping and i don't want to sleep in a sea of men.

Vayseth

Smash Master
As it stands right now, there are no problems. We have plenty of room for the 10 people we have now. However, if there is going to be like 10 more who need housing (I should know by today) then I'll call you and let you know and we can weigh our options. Honestly, you guys were the first to get back to me and the first to tell me exactly what is going on, so I'd hate to do that to you guys.

Currently answers I'm waiting on are:
Tink (3 people)
Marco (2 people)
Overswarm (???)
Dr. X (Kel, Sliq, his friend, total 4 people)

So, I have around another 10 or more who have not gotten back to me. If they ALL need housing, I'll call you and we'll work something out. I appreciate your offer and I will consider it when the time comes.

nojoes

Smash Ace
As it stands right now, there are no problems. We have plenty of room for the 10 people we have now. However, if there is going to be like 10 more who need housing (I should know by today) then I'll call you and let you know and we can weigh our options. Honestly, you guys were the first to get back to me and the first to tell me exactly what is going on, so I'd hate to do that to you guys.

Currently answers I'm waiting on are:
Tink (3 people)
Marco (2 people)
Overswarm (???)
Dr. X (Kel, Sliq, his friend, total 4 people)

So, I have around another 10 or more who have not gotten back to me. If they ALL need housing, I'll call you and we'll work something out. I appreciate your offer and I will consider it when the time comes.
sounds good, just letting you know that it's possible for us since it's only 2 and 45 about and they'd be traveling further so they'd probably need it more, we can live without it and i always like more competition, makes for a better tournament but pm me or text or call my cell because i'll be out the majority of the day.

Vayseth

Smash Master
No problem man. Hopefully people get back to me soon. Some people might have housing and some people might not show so, we might be alright.

Anyone got a tent?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I looked into it, and I'm not going to be able to come. I couldn't work out my work situation, so scratch me off your list.

Top Bottom