• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunday July 20th, Ann Arbor, MI - Digital Ops Biweekly #5!! New Strike Out System!

dingding

Smash Ace
thanks for da vids ankoku =) it lets me realize.. i roll way to much.. way to much..

Vayseth

Smash Master
pools (consider u get a lot of ppl) would take us a while to get finished with...

just saying
The entire point of pools is to get it limited down to a manageable number of people so we don't have a super long tournament. It should take shorter as long as people actually get done and don't screw off (like one pool always does).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Especially if Shaeden forfeits all of his pool matches so he gets seeded vs Anther first round LOL

dingding

Smash Ace
yeh pools are weird.. i dont get it.. only good thing is if u get number 1 u get a bye .. or something thats what i heard and i usual play like anther 1st round too or 2nd round the least and get sent to losers right away =/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The way pools work is, you eliminate the REALLY poorly placing players (5th seeds onward), take the remaining top4 of each pool, and seed it so that 1st seed plays 4th seed, and 2nd plays 3rd. This is for the benefit of the 1st seeds more than the 4th seeds, since it guarantees they don't have a ridiculous matchup first round.

On the bright side, if you expected to go 2 and out in brackets, you get a lot more matches in through pools.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I found a job!!!!!!!! Meaning maybe, and this a large maybe, I may be able to get out to a AA tourney before school starts... also I may or may not be able to partake in certain late night activities with certain people, lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Bowyer, Vayseth was telling me that you should go to his DigiOps tournament this Sunday because there's a big turnout or something.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Alright guys, Tink can't make it =( Joe and his crew won't be out until late Saturday probably, but Overswarm and his entire crew will be coming out. No word as to who's staying where, but, it's shaping up to be one hell of a tournament.

TheMann

Smash Ace
Well looking at the turnout this should be a tough tourney.... I aint sayin I'm scared though!!!

I haven't smashed with anyone in a while so it'll be fun. Plenty of matches to be played, fun to be had.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well looking at the turnout this should be a tough tourney.... I aint sayin I'm scared though!!!

I haven't smashed with anyone in a while so it'll be fun. Plenty of matches to be played, fun to be had.
>__>

<__<

Moneymatch? :D

Vayseth

Smash Master
Alright guys, I'm officially going offline now. Here's what I know:

Overswarm and his crew are coming, but I don't know if they're staying with me or not. Tink is not coming. Tournament starts at 8 pm, please show up between 6 pm and 7 pm if humanly possible. Please bring pillows and blankets as well as basic tolitries (towels, tooth brushes, etc). We are getting food, and we'll get it so please bring about $5 to cover the food and drinks for Staurday.

I will not be checking this board until Sunday probably.

Thank you and I'll see you all very soon.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We're staying with you, yo!

I hope that side tournament at your place has an entry fee XD

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
People who have a Wii and/or a TV, especially for today, please bring them. It will be a huge help for us, and it'll keep things running more smoothly.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ay ay sir.

Also, I'll MM anyone here.

If you don't want to MM my ROB... I'll do an iron man MM, 3 characters. ;)

Dopey

Smash Lord
"I'll do an iron man MM, 3 characters"

wouldnt that be like a bronze boy match?

im working on a ride right now, so im trying to get down there tonight, if i do come out tonight, where can we stay at and someone gimme a phone # =p

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Panda, Vayseth, or someone, keep your phone on. If I call you guys early enough, I'll try to get there with some recording equipment for doubles finals or something.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm bringing my camera and tripod as well. Hopefully we'll get some good matches.

I don't think it'll be a problem here, but Ithink a good rule might be "by participating in this tournament you are allowing us to record your matches". In the future, if someone like DSF or M2K comes in for a big MW tournament, it would suck if they were like "no recording". :(

Vayseth

Smash Master
I guess going offline wasn't going to work. I got a ton of calls lol. Alright, let me know if you are coming today (that means all of you Ann Arbor people).

People coming out today (and staying over):
1. Vayseth
2. Samurai Panda
3. Omniswell
4. TheMann
5. Scala
6. Dope
7. Dope's Friend 1
8. Dope's Friend 2
9. Vidjo Gamer
10. Nojoes
11. Clev. Crew 1
12. Clev. Crew 2
13. Clev. Crew 3

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THIS LIST, THIS MEANS YOU DID NOT GET BACK TO ME, AND YOU ARE *NOT* STAYING OVER. I just do not have the space.

People coming to the Saturday tournament but leaving:
1. Anther
2. Solon
3. ????? (Ann Arbor people, call me and let me know you are coming)
4. Overswarm
5. Kel
6. Sliq
7. Dr. X
8. Captain Freakin' America
9. Quivo
10. Juke

People coming Sunday but NOT Saturday:

1. RoboticSithDrone
2. RDK
3. ORI Bro
4. Thax (unless you call me)
5. Hot_Arms (unless you call me)
6. Dingdong (unless you call me)
7. Okiyama (unless you call me)
8. CcSpeC
9. Yoshi Kirishima
10. Lain (unless you call me)
11. Ankoku (for like 2 hours)
12. Scotu (for like 2 hours)
13. Shaeden
14. Prime
15. Sandwhich
16. Deeboe
17. +2 (hopefully)
18. Tim (hopefully)

I have yet to hear from Watertucky and Wixom crews, so I have no idea if any more are actually coming from there.

And there you have it! A **** TON of people. I can't wait.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
So yeah... You can put me and the rest of the Cincy crew on the "coming saturday, but not staying" list. I have acquired housing. I'll also be bringing a setup.

Top Bottom