• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunday July 20th, Ann Arbor, MI - Digital Ops Biweekly #5!! New Strike Out System!

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
lol joel, i played a kid wh osaid his g&w was better than yours and proceded to argue with me after i 3 stocked him they his was still better. and im LEARNING LUIGI ALSO cause WEEGEE IS badass

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I still don't see the problem with circuit. We tried a good amount of the stuff omni said was broken, but camping can be beat by using the road, since you can pass through it. And correct me if I'm wrong, but if Onnet is banned then it'll be the only counter with a straight permanent walkoff on both sides, so if someone just cant deal with it, they can just ban it.
My point wasent camping panda, cause i agree camping wasent a huge problem, it was what people could do there with zss, falco, DDD, DK, Ness, Fox, Lucas, MK, and even olimar. With chainthrows, long grabs, infinates, tornados, up B's, cargo throws, dsmash infinates and so on it should be banned. And like i told alex i will counterpick a character that can and will make the stage unfair for your character. If i had to choose to have onett or mario kart banned id pick mario kart.

i dont have a problem with onett But there are some things i want to point out. ROB D3 FOX Olimar and Dk have huge advantages here due to quick wall combos/ infinates and ability to control the ground and camp. Wolf can get chainthrown Locked and tilt comboed here by bascilly the whole cast even peach can chainthrow wolf here, ike can fthrow cahinthow wolf here then counter the cars for a finish. on the other hand Zss Ivysaur olimar do not have to worry about gimps here.

This stage was not allowed in melee due to fox's waveshining, but isint D3's chainthrow easier and harder to advoid than foxs waveshine in melee? even if the cars come quicker thats still a good 40-60% he knocks on before the car hits me.

However, i agree with panda on this one, I say allow the stage and let someone break it so then we can ban it but until then i say let it stay.

so if someone just cant deal with it, they can just ban it.
well then that would be a waste of a ban imo, i shouldnt have to ban a level that shouldnt be allowed anyway. being a wolf main there is enough levels that **** me such as, (FD, Lylat, PS1,PS2,Pirate ship, Onett, Castle siege, Brinstar, Distant planet, Delfino Plaza, Sky World, Luigi's Mansion, Frigate Orpheon, Norfair, and Rainbow Cruise) i don't need to waste a ban on something as dumb as that. i don't mind playing all the levels i named due to the fact that i have a chance of winning there, even though its not huge or likely i will win. But if i get taken to Onett or Mario Kart against a D3 i will lose, even if the kid just picked up D3 i will lose. if a character has no chance of winning on the level it shouldnt be allowed.

Edit: also i need to add Yoshis island Melee is on? i don't understand why,doesn't that give D3 an easy 0-death? and easy Kirby Wario D3 suicides? also im not trying to sound like an *** when i try to make a point i sound like an ******* but im not and i dont mean it like that im just stating my opinion.

Alan ill call you tomorrow and talk about this :)

Vayseth

Smash Master
There isn't anything with Yoshi's Island melee, and it's a wonderful Metaknight counter pick. It stays.

Alright guys, I'm in Chicago until next week but I'll post reasons for banning stuff atm:

1. Skyworld: This is just a bad stage. Many characters have up-smash/up-tilt semi-infinites in the middle, which also break the bottom at the same time, leading to spikes. In addition to the random attacks breaking the floors and killing people as they are trying to fast fall an aerial and end up going through the platform. It can kill people randomly at 0% and is just a bad stage. Also, Lucas is the definition of broke on this stage.
2. Onett: I don't like the walls. Sure, the cars break them up, but if you're doing a wall infinite, the cars add a whopping 30% to your infinite, which means if you hit them again they die. There is also one location where the cars do not disrupt any infinites. I would consider this stage for doubles, but the wall infinites are so much easier to do on Onett than they are on Corneria, since you can't really get away from walls on Onett while on Corneria you can.
3. Port Town Aero Drive: I like this stage more than any of them, however... The cars are just too strong. You can get around them, and I've barely gotten hit by them, but if you know the stage better than your opponent, there are multiple ways to kill with the cars as early as 40%. The lack of edges on the platform really screws a lot of recoveries and makes people either eat a smash on the platform, or makes them fall on the floor which, depending on the floor, will either bounce you back up, or spike you. If the cars were set and low damage like Mario Circuit, this would be awesome, and if it had ledges it would be a starter but... it doesn't have those, and the cars are just too strong.
4. Mario Circuit: There are really no "good" reasons to ban this stage. There are many reasons to not play the stage, since it is bad, but nothing really "broken. I will say this, I am putting this under the same ruling as Flatzone II. It's really easy to camp and get low % kills and there isn't really anything stopping players from doing it. If someone is camping, there isn't much of a reason to approach them, so time wastes, and, really, it's just a bad stage. No one really wants the stage anyway, so I don't see enough good to counter the bad here.

All the rest stay, and I'll update he main page.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
this isnt the match that got luigis mansion banned, the one that got it banned was me vs a snake player that i ran the timer out on. and even so, i agree OS, u can just destroy the level so it shouldnt be banned

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Indeed, its a dumb, but perfectly legal, stage. And its too bad that the circuit got the axe, but at least YI (Melee) can stay. Although I suspect the real reason its staying is because I figured out it was an awesome level to counterpick MK on (one of the few, if not the only one).

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
legal but dumb, and onett gets to stay 2 yay, and how is it a good level to CP against meta? let me know

dingding

Smash Ace
YI isn't meta knight counter.. i'll up throw u and up B u off the map in like a second at 0% =P so watch out for that.. and same with onett =P

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
YI isn't meta knight counter.. i'll up throw u and up B u off the map in like a second at 0% =P so watch out for that.. and same with onett =P
There is this handy button that you can use to do something that I like to call an "airdodge." I hear it can be useful sometimes.

Scala

Smash Ace
The only way I can see YI being a meta counter is that MK's glide will probably get caught on the stacks of blocks on either side and on top of the platforms in the middle so he can't do his outrageous glide attack.

Kel

Smash Master
So it looks like Cincinnati will probably be coming.

and there's absolutely nothing wrong with Mansion. Zjinn has even countered me to this stage before. That alone should be reason to keep it on haha.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
so..what if the person is a dummy and forgets...
Hey, dingdong. You appear to like playing a game where everyone is an idiot and the game decides for you who wins. Allow me to introduce you to this game involving four straight lines, X's, and O's...

dingding

Smash Ace
no wdf.. ankoku its a theory.. chill dawg.. lol it could happen im not saying it will.. lol =P

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
legal but dumb, and onett gets to stay 2 yay, and how is it a good level to CP against meta? let me know
1. YI has one of the lowest ceilings in the game, and MK is pretty vulnerable to KOs off the top since he is so light.
2. YI is so small that recovery is a moot point. MK's amazingly good recovery and edgeguard game go to waste on the stage.
3. If your opponent plays well, it can be difficult to KO someone on YI from the sides. Anybody with a strong vertical KO move will have a huge advantage since they don't need to KO from the sides, while MK only has up-B (to some extent) and the up-throw for vertical KOs.

On paper, Yoshi's Island (Melee) seems like a wonderful stage to counterpick MK on. I've never fought an MK here before, so I can't claim its 100% just yet, but we'll see.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
no wdf.. ankoku its a theory.. chill dawg.. lol it could happen im not saying it will.. lol =P
You keep complaining with like, the worst reasoning ever. **** like "Ice Climbers should be banned 'cause they counter Snake" (which they don't) gives me the idea that you just don't like anything that might make things not go your way.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh, so you want me to stop taking what you say seriously? That works too, makes things a lot easier.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I doubt it. The world Michigan tournaments could always use a little Overswarm to liven things up.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
1. YI has one of the lowest ceilings in the game, and MK is pretty vulnerable to KOs off the top since he is so light.
2. YI is so small that recovery is a moot point. MK's amazingly good recovery and edgeguard game go to waste on the stage.
3. If your opponent plays well, it can be difficult to KO someone on YI from the sides. Anybody with a strong vertical KO move will have a huge advantage since they don't need to KO from the sides, while MK only has up-B (to some extent) and the up-throw for vertical KOs.

On paper, Yoshi's Island (Melee) seems like a wonderful stage to counterpick MK on. I've never fought an MK here before, so I can't claim its 100% just yet, but we'll see.
ok i see your point, but mk does have a good dsmash but on paper your right it dosent favor him.

but yea luigis mansion is still dumb. i dont mind it staying but its still dumb.

So... would anyone be upset if I came and won this?
no, but you wont win anyway, joel will beat you, cause i know i cant.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
haha... hahaha... HAHAHAHA *GARGLE* *GARGLE* *COUGH* HA *COUGH* LSDKAGHIOHGIOHDASOGHIOHkidkghdkjg kldhskgk *dk, donkey kong, the leader of the bunch* *cough*

dingding

Smash Ace
joel and rofa aint guna be at digi ops.. cause i think joel is in florida, and rofa in california?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I look forward to playing Anther again. I hope he's improved a bunch :D

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I look forward to playing Anther again. I hope he's improved a bunch :D
Anther sux.

But he's definitely gotten a lot better since you guys last played.

Btw, I've improved a bit as well. My goal is to take a stock off you next time we play. Its a high bar to set for myself, but I think it may be possible.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
my goal is to give my opponent a percentage. its a pretty tough goal to achieve but i think i am prepared.

Top Bottom