• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunday July 20th, Ann Arbor, MI - Digital Ops Biweekly #5!! New Strike Out System!

Vayseth

Smash Master
Tony, how do you do that, because I'm adding it to the rules under the section "Do it and you are auto-DQed".

Also, does anyone have any match vids on Onett or Mario Circuit? I see some other midwest tournaments are allowing them and I was wondering if anyone else has some ideas as to if the stages should be allowed or not. For example, SMash and Coffee is going to allow them, so I was curious as to how they work in tournament.

The only person who is confirmed to stay at my place Saturday night is Omni. If anyone else needs a place to stay, let me know ASAP! I don't know EXACTLY how much space I have left, but I'm sure I could get around 4 more at least. Out-of-staters and others let me know if you need a place to crash.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I think we can still hold some more at our place, but no guarantees that you'll wake up with both eyebrows :D

Scala

Smash Ace
Tony, how do you do that, because I'm adding it to the rules under the section "Do it and you are auto-DQed".

Also, does anyone have any match vids on Onett or Mario Circuit? I see some other midwest tournaments are allowing them and I was wondering if anyone else has some ideas as to if the stages should be allowed or not. For example, SMash and Coffee is going to allow them, so I was curious as to how they work in tournament.

The only person who is confirmed to stay at my place Saturday night is Omni. If anyone else needs a place to stay, let me know ASAP! I don't know EXACTLY how much space I have left, but I'm sure I could get around 4 more at least. Out-of-staters and others let me know if you need a place to crash.
I might stay at your place if you don't mind, I hate driving 45 mins home in the middle of the night. If there's out of staters that want to stay and there's no more space they can have it instead. :)

Vayseth

Smash Master
Overswarm/Scala, let me know.

This is Saturday night ONLY. Panda and I have classes on Monday morning so... no one is staying over on Sunday night.

Vayseth

Smash Master
It's possible. Out-of-staters and people who drive more than an hour get priority first so, we'll see who needs housing and I'll hook it up.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Let's just say it's very much impossible to do on accident, so the less people know about how to do it, the better.

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
I want to go to this tourney, but its pretty far from where I live. I'll think about it.

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
I hear about the tough competition in ann arbor tourneys too. One of the main reasons why I want to go.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Alright guys, many of you may already know about the Metaknight dimensional cape technique. I think I speak for most of us when I say, F**K. Here is my official ruling on that technique:

You can do it.

Honestly, the move is less than a day old and no one really knows how viable it can be. I tried it and got it going consistently for about 5 seconds a time after 10 minutes of practice. I feel like it is pretty broken, but I can't see how only 5 seconds is going to be a big issue. Honestly, all it does is make metaknight more broke than he already is. Hopefully someone really abuses the technique and the backroom makes a decision on whether or not to ban the technique or metaknight himself. Either way, for now, I'm going to allow it.

Details here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182532

BTW: I also reserve the right to ban it in the middle of any of Panda's matches, regardless if he's using it or not.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Doesn't matter, they banned anything that cancels a dash, you know, up smashes, shields, dash attacks, anything. Maybe they should do more research into what they're banning before they ban stuff.

Kel

Smash Master
YAY!

I promise not to abuse it, but I know OS will try :(.

At least we'll have hard evidence whether it should be banned or not.

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
Wait... shields too?

Edit: I'll consider comming to this if GGL doesn't work out.

dingding

Smash Ace
oh that vanishing cape thing.. i saw it on a japanese video like 1 week ago but thought it was some weird sht that some 1 made up and didn't believe it..

Vayseth

Smash Master
Dash canceling means anything that cancels a dash. There was a technique in melee which if you hit down it canceled a dash into ANYTHING you wanted including any smash attack. It's obviously out of this game but they still seem to think it is.

Vayseth

Smash Master
ANNOUNCEMENT:

SIDE TOURNAMENT:
Prizes TBA

TOURNAMENT:
Who can do the metaknight glitch the longest? You have 3 tries and whoever has the longest time wins! (just to prove this is hard to do for any length of time).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Uh, Overswarm can already do it for at least a minute.
My average is about 12-18 seconds. It takes a lot of effort, but it can be done.

I don't understand why people are so obsessed with time though; time is irrelevant. You only need to do this for 3, maybe 5 seconds at most. There's 0 lag and complete manueverability.

End it by grabbing onto a ledge (0 lag) or simply moving to the opposite end of the stage.

You also decide whether the sword comes out; just hold down B after letting go of the C-stick.

I'd obviously do better with ROB, but I'll probably utilize this with Metaknight in pools if I feel like it.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Well, that post was obviously in jest and, well, I dun car about the technique. If it is discovered that it is stupid broke, we'll ban it, but we're not there yet.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yo, I think I may need a teammate for this since Joshu won't be here.

....Anther? :D (unlikely he's available, but whatever XD)

Top Bottom