• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sudden Death! RESULTS!

Abate

Smash Journeyman
This was mad fun.. I really wish I could have stayed for singles.

D1 - that venue is awesome, thanks for hosting!
Jman & djn - Congrats on the wins.. I'm looking forward to watching that one doubles match hahah
Zhu - **** NYC driving and my ****ing GPS. I'm glad I managed to get you to the tournament lol
Eggm - wish I could have seen those sets... I hope you feel ready for genesis!
Niko - nice placing! so close to the $$$$$$$
Gmoney - good stuff I hope you're ready for genesis as well I'll see you over there
Nand0 - somehow something always interrupts our friendlies.. next time we'll have to get a few solid sets.
StriCNYN3 - we didn't play but chain told me you're a big fan of stepmania.. I need to know your favorite songs
Pyro - good ****! do you get 9th with roy?
Chain-Ace - GGs in friendlies I'm looking forward to that video thread hahah
r00r - thanks for helping me jump start my car lol I don't know what I would have done if you weren't parked right in front of me

otg -

that is all

D1

Banned via Administration
Stric was just too scared to play Niko again ;)

Hey Pyro, get an easy bracket again next time aight?
Yeah my bad I had DJN in there, and he dropped out and the other parts of the bracket already got started on matches so I couldn't make switches or everything would be doneskies lebronskies.

ALL I GOTTA SAY IS YOOOO DRAMA!

TAIGHT TANIGHT!!!!!!!

P.S.-You're all amazing for coming and showing everyone that we do have a living and breathing community.

Melee is hella old just MvC2, and yet we still play even if that other game is out (Brawl.) #imhatingonbrawlbutnotreallyokmaybe

Ryan-K

Smash Master
AHHHHHH **** WAS HYPE

too many shoutouts to mention cuz i'm lazy but d1 held a banging tourney and it was really nice to see everyone again and finally get back to MAYLAY!!! -stretches- ^_^

zebra

Smash Cadet
Good **** D1 for a really fun tourney

Lol at that "Y UMAD" plate ahahaa

Left at 10:20, got home at 1:20, those livery skills

Strawhats and Slox - Good **** at coming to this, I still owe/you owe me like a million dollars

We were sooooo scrub in teams, we need to practice strawhats

Henry Cen - Good **** for that venue

D1

Banned via Administration
I didn't get to do commentary at the event sadly, but Chain-Ace definitely recorded vids and I'll a link.

Thanks much for all the love, but I really couldn't do it without you guys first and foremost.

Stay godlike Smash Community <3.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
sad i missed it, would have been **** to see everyone again.

[sadentology]

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Okay, I just wanna say I'm mostly def. TIGHT TANIGHT that I missed out on this ****. This tourny sounded amazing (D1 txting me all day lol). It's an amazing thing to know that after all these years so many people show up and show how amazing NYC is. PLEASE HOST ANOTHER ONE SOON! I'll make sure I go to that one. Freakin' love the community and this game <3 and good **** D1 for hosting :D

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
sad i missed it, would have been **** to see everyone again.

[sadentology]

VAL0

Smash Cadet
Jman- congratz on winning, had to play a friendly with you.
Zhu- good job man. Crazy falco, thanks for playing me.
Gmoney & Reno- Mad fun in teams in the beginning
StriCNYN3- first time i played you...preety sick fox
Ryan-K- you schooled me bro, we should play sometimes
OTG & Abate- Doc and Weegie deadaaah, janky **s team. You guys are beast
AM- My brotha, you can't sleep on this guy, he'll wake yo **s up!
Chain-Ace- Always good to see you man.
Valo- Keep sleepin on this guy!
Don- nice Samus man
Dbl0c- best player in India!
Strawhats- good playing you again, keep putting in that practice

D1- Amazing tourney D1, keep making moves in the right direction

VAL0

Smash Cadet
Jman- congratz on winning, had to play a friendly with you.
Zhu- good job man. Crazy falco, thanks for playing me.
Gmoney & Reno- Mad fun in teams in the beginning
StriCNYN3- first time i played you...preety sick fox
Ryan-K- you schooled me bro, we should play sometimes
OTG & Abate- Doc and Weegie deadaaah, janky **s team. You guys are beast
AM- My brotha, you can't sleep on this guy, he'll wake yo **s up!
Chain-Ace- Always good to see you man.
Valo- Keep sleepin on this guy!
Don- nice Samus man
Dbl0c- best player in India!
Strawhats- good playing you again, keep putting in that practice

D1- Amazing tourney D1, keep making moves in the right direction

Tommy Pickles

Smash Apprentice
Jesus - So real, you are the homie. Come chill with Max Nick and I sometime in the bronx.
Step up those rolling skills lol

Niko - Lol fakeness, Dont act like you wanted to go either

G$ - Swag

Nand0 - good **** getting off

StriCNYN3 - fun friendlies, your species are scary

SLoX - I thought you were bad against marth?

Skinhoff - SPIDEY SWING

Luap - I revenged Dbloc

Dbl0c - fake as ****

Abate - I started playing Luigi recently because of you, keep ******

Otg - fake as ****

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
This was mad fun.. I really wish I could have stayed for singles.

StriCNYN3 - we didn't play but chain told me you're a big fan of stepmania.. I need to know your favorite songs
Haha I kinda forgot what songs i liked. It's been a good min since I played stepmania and all that ever since flash flash revolution was taken down.

Eggm

Smash Hero
The only thing fake about this tournament was the 24$ in tolls I had to pay to get there/back... from 50 miles away...

Three 1$ tolls in jersey and one 8$ bridge toll to get into NY and one 13$ one to get out. Bull.

Eggm

Smash Hero
The only thing fake about this tournament was the 24$ in tolls I had to pay to get there/back... from 50 miles away...

Three 1$ tolls in jersey and one 8$ bridge toll to get into NY and one 13$ one to get out. Bull.

Edit : Between Gas/tolls/venue fee it was 54$ for this... fake!!

The 70+ miles to nanuet in back is cheaper in gas/tolls by far.. lol tolls are like 5$ total and gas is only like 30 or something.. and i'm going way further away lol.

Both venue's suck for me to get to though lol. We need more NJ tournaments.. :p

S l o X

Smash Champion
SLoX - I thought you were bad against marth?
well i mean, i play with a solid marth a LOT. i told nick i hate playing against marth but i definitely don't mind the matchup. imo picking falcon would've been a worst choice anyway. i definitely like that matchup.

eggm getting ***** by tolls.

honestly, a nub . . . that pepsi you gave me was the best pepsi i've ever had. i went from a coke man to a pepsi man after that one.

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
Funny thing is there really was a g&w in his bracket haha
Joey's G&W is good too, took out a puff during his 1st game... I think. It's just kinda ****ty that I had to play him so early in the tournament. Aw well, our YL and G&W match was taight.

Also dbl0c, get ready for our YL and Marth team at a later tournament.

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
That wasn't a shot at him, chill dude and mad good for his first tourney. Probably got reverse up b'd though

"Yo **** QERB yo"

:phone:
Um, I didn't really take your post as a shot at him. Nor was I defending him. I was just saying that his G&W is impressive. No harm done.

strawhats

Smash Master
honestly, a nub . . . yonkers is pretty far away.
lol...this. Shoutouts to the Y U MAD license plate heading home last weekend.

Charlie (aka Scofield san aka Zebra): good **** in bracket, we gonna **** teams next time. Smashfest in a few weeks?

Detres (Sl0x): good **** in those teams friendlies. Also we should do more fox/falcon. I'll beat your $mike falcon soon. Lol my fox is still under construction. Its not there yet, still need to develop sheild pressure mixups and spacing game. My marth ****** **** though lately.

a nub: lol good times on the way home. I'm probably not gonna be able to play this weekend. Maybe next weekend after Genesis.

DJN: you **** me at this game as usual. Much love bro

DJ( MD/VA HOMIE): glad you could make it, also sucks bones didn't go. Sorry we didn't get to play

Chain Ace: yo your compliment means a **** ton man. My movement felt like flowing water in game 1 and the first half of game 2 against stric. I feel like I'm improving everyday. Thanks to training with sl0x and zebra, and occasionally playing guys qpac( like day before tourney).

Stricnyne: yo your falco reminds of shiz. Your so technical, yet smart, and follow up really well. Glad I could play you again man. We'll get more friendlies in next time.

Jman: lol playing marth dittos was legit. Good times man. I didn't realize you weren't going to Genesis 2.

Nando: good **** taking a game off zhu. I know your goals aim for much higher than that though, you got this man. We'll play next time.

Zhu: your falcon shenanigans had me on a high lol. Love your falco man. Sorry I really wante to play friendlies with you but didn't wanna break up the love fest b/w. you and nando(falcon dittos ftw)

Max(otg): good **** man. your doc is mad legit. Wanted to play your doc in friendlies but maybe next no johns

Abate: good **** you and max tore **** up in teams with an unexpected teams combination(luigi/doc). Your luigi is nasty and you'll show the world whats up at GENESIS 2.

Niko: you almost beat eggm. Good **** in bracket. I've still yet to play you. One day soon.

Eggm: glad to see you again man. You got'em next time.

D1: My main man D1, glad to see you again my dude, and thanks for hosting this great event at such a bad *** venue. So many arcade games, it was amazing.

Smoker: dat ganon...improved since last time. Still got a ways to go like me.

everyone else I played//didn't play at this good ****, and we'll meet again.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Soon. Most of them will go on MAN. The few sets that exceed 15 minutes will go on my own channel. I don't split videos.

Top Bottom