• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On You! Two! A Western New York Tournament. March 13th Payout and Stages vote

Sharky

Smash Master
best bet would be to get in touch with either JesiahTEG or Cura. I'd suggest Cura as he's having a fest the night before the tourney and you can get dubs practice with eevee.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I have no idea what you mean by being left for a monkey, but im just going to assume that it was something racist toward black people.

but Im baggin on her, because cura stay buggin like people out here are better than me, but than people wont step up to back up the crap that he says. Its one thing to say im bad and play me to prove it, but its annoying when you say so and so is better than you, and then dont even attempt to prove it. thats just dumb...

And jash, I suggest you stay with jesiah since:
1. he'll probably have a smashfest too, but with better players than curas smashfest.
2. he lives less than 5 min from the venue, as opposed to cura who lives an hour away, and
3. if you are down with getting rid of your sobriety, he can probably hook you up.

Sharky

Smash Master
lolwut, hulk = DK = monkey = not black person joke.

Staying at cura's would also most likely mean you could get a ride to the venue with someone else, so you wouldn't have to drive so much yourself, and save gas.

Foy

Smash Champion
Im sure as hell that you and i can beat each other at points. Next time we play no Luigi and link matches, i want your ganon.

altairian

Smash Lord
me, pika, jesiah, hulk, and angel can beat any crew that shows up to this tournament.
Too bad for you it's a tournament and not a crew battle. I have yet to see a crew battle happen at any fest or tourney I've been to in upstate NY. I don't see why you'd even bother bringing that up.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
I don't really see how the water can mess with a recovery, you'll have to explain that one to me lol. I actually like hanging out on the water/the ledge there during the rainy part. And if you get eaten by the monster regularly, then I'm totally counterpicking you there cause that's just fail right there.

edit@goggles: eevee really isn't that bad of teammate, stop trashing her just because you're upset about being left for a monkey.

Try rolling onto the ledge with any somewhat heavy character or try jumping onto the stage, you'll instantly get pushed back to the ledge or worse off the stage. But go ahead CP me there see what happens Sharky :p

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
boo hoo, you don't have a ledge on one side for about 20 seconds. Recover on the stage, then, odds are the person isn't there waiting for you because he got stuck on the other side of the line.

Kirby's thing will most likely count as stalling, but any character with a decent grab range can just grab him out of it, anyway. (btw he's talking about the infinite down-b thing on the slopes on the sides of the stage).

the spikes...I dunno, don't get hit by them?

Everything people complain about on this stage can be avoided by simply knowing where things are, when the stage is about to transform, and not putting yourself in places where you become at risk. It's really that simple guys. The only stupid thing about this stage is that some of the transformations encourage standstills. But hey, if we can't stand that, then why's PS1 a neutral?

Distant planet...you're saying it's broken because you can change the value of the tokens? Wow, your priorities are pretty messed up XD. If you come to the tourney I'm totally MMing you. People complain about the walk off slope, but that should only come into play if you go over there and let yourself get punished. There's so much room to maneuver on this stage, so unless you're going against MK, you shouldn't get gimped unless you let it happen. And hey, let's face it, MK has far better CP's that here.

Green Greens...there's a balloon? Are we talking about the same stage? This is indeed a pretty dumb stage, but...yeah. The thing is, almost all the stupid stuff can be avoided here too, you just have to keep moving, and not be a dumb-*** by hitting the bombs. Big issues here: blocks falling on top of people, block piles enabling d3 to wall infinite (just camp d3, don't be stupid and situate yourself in a bad spot, and this won't happen), bomb blocks falling and hitting someone, and exploding apples. The insanely low boundaries are also really annoying. But hey, all this does is give some chars a cp. There's nothing that makes it "broken", it just forces a different strategy.
lets just sum it up as who the hell wants to play on pictochat anyway. theres soo many better CP's for just about every character.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Pyro idk if PinPoint is gonna team with me, but if not I'll team with you in melee.

Green Greens issue - Personally I hate the stage very much, however it did get Neil to knock san into losers last tourney...so part of me wants it on. :p no offense san

Distant Planet - dude...theres what 1 usable ledge on this map? the ledge on the cliff seems more like a last resort kinda thing and chances are if you use it the water is going to stop you from recovering...that and the fact that the thing that eats you is almost as bad as the fish that eats you on icicle mountain. i like that the main platform of this stage is small because you can pull a lot of BS with someone who has range, but all together i believe the stage is flawed
not sure i know you either. but i'll take what i can get.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Yo I'm confident i can beat Kwan for that spot in that crew.
Yea, dude, you can't beat Kwan. He's right around mine and mana's level, and we rofl stomp you when we care. That and there are currently too many other players who could beat you for that spot anyways. I'm not going to waste most time listing who they are.

Also, Goggles is legit enough in teams to capitalize when his teammate creates openings. He sucks in singles because he isn't really geared towards openings for himself, but in doubles he has a partner to circumvent that, so Cura, back down a little bit.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I'm not, though. =D[/Iamandwillalwaysbebbadatthisgame]

I have to deal with Artery Clogger's **** Luigi and it's better than his Doc. >_> I'd kill myself if I had to deal with another one. >_>

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I'm not, though. =D[/Iamandwillalwaysbebbadatthisgame]
If you want to get better, that is not the right attitude. Even doing the opposite and being blindly aggressive like KoJ would be a better mindset. Keep that up and you really won't improve.

I mean the best for everyone, but I just hate it when people talk themselves down like that. It makes me wonder why they are still playing the game.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I have no idea what you mean by being left for a monkey, but im just going to assume that it was something racist toward black people.

but Im baggin on her, because cura stay buggin like people out here are better than me, but than people wont step up to back up the crap that he says. Its one thing to say im bad and play me to prove it, but its annoying when you say so and so is better than you, and then dont even attempt to prove it. thats just dumb.

Okay well let me bring this to your attention cause you seem to have forgotten.

1st off, this is how you placed last tournament cause i believe you forgot.
13th in singles and 5th in doubles. Please dont talk higher than your placings.

And jash, I suggest you stay with jesiah since:
1. he'll probably have a smashfest too, but with better players than curas smashfest.
And 2nd.
Myself Sharky Bry Snakeee, And 1337-0 all out placed you last tournament (Brawl wise). And all of these players are at my smash fests.

Stop talking down to players like your hot **** when you lost to a random lucario than john about it the whole next week!
Luv yah! <3!

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Goggles is a preeeeetty amazing teammate if only for the fact he seems pretty great at working up to pair with a lot of players without much prior coordination (something I lack horribly, which made me totally wreck eeveee at SS2, in a pitiful blaze of self-humiliating failure.)

That's all I've got to say 'bout that.
I can only smack talk about what's in front of me, I've not the attention span or memory for others.

Heyyy, just wonderin, can we get a list of people planning to attend that are going to doubles but haven't gotten a partner (and are actively open to grabbing at random?) I'm cool with teaming with MOSS/DBR but I'm also all for getting a new experience training with someone I'm not familiar with if I get some practice time with them durin friendlies. And I know a bunch of different people've popped in the thread for a moment sayin they need partners for doubles melee or brawl.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
If you want to get better, that is not the right attitude. Even doing the opposite and being blindly aggressive like KoJ would be a better mindset. Keep that up and you really won't improve.

I mean the best for everyone, but I just hate it when people talk themselves down like that. It makes me wonder why they are still playing the game.
But it was sarcasm. D:

On another note, since it's Sprang Break next week, there'll be no Smash Club, which means no last minute practice! This sucks. >_>

*randomly hits people up*

Sharky

Smash Master
me cura snakeee san 1337-0 vs your crew of 5, we can have bry as an alternate and you guys can pick someone else too? Not that it matters cause you know that A: you won't. and B: there won't be time for it.

hubble

Smash Ace
Kids be mad angry in this thread.

Gotta remember we are all one and the same.

I'll be all spiritual at this tournament.

Peace and Well Wishes to you all.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Okay well let me bring this to your attention cause you seem to have forgotten.

1st off, this is how you placed last tournament cause i believe you forgot.
13th in singles and 5th in doubles. Please dont talk higher than your placings.
last I checked, I made more money than you that tourney...

Myself Sharky Bry Snakeee, And 1337-0 all out placed you last tournament (Brawl wise). And all of these players are at my smash fests.

im just going to open this up to everyone.

brawl money match, name your stakes, anybody, feel free to get at me and name your stakes.

I obviously suck.

Foy

Smash Champion
Yea, dude, you can't beat Kwan. He's right around mine and mana's level, .
Minh stomped your **** off in an MM. Rob goes even with you.
Stop putting yourself on a mantle dude. You're better then me I'll give you that, but give me more time to practice with you guys since i never get up there and im dependent on people playing, unlike mana.

That's my biggest pet peeve about this area, everyone either bashes me for losing to kids once or twice, but when i win you guys shrug it off. **** you haters, all i hear from brock is that you guys trash me.

Next time we play we need to have a best of whatever match for hating rights, if you win ill stop whining blah blah blah, if i win you shut the **** up about thinking you are the best and most educated player in our region like you believe you are.

Stop talking down to players like your hot **** when you lost to a random lucario than john about it the whole next week!
Luv yah! <3!
Again with this ****. People who trash talk are the ones that john the most. Only time ive ever consistently johned about **** was pyro and zeldas. Negative reinforcement rarely works unless its Pikapika cause that kids good at it.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: It's a wonder anyone around here ever finds time to play this game. :D

Foy

Smash Champion
Mana dun **** aroudn dwith dem hoes known as mods foo

Yo erik come to Jesses this weekend so i can tell you about cool stuff that has happened to me recently.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
people... stop telling me to go places. it's not happening =( =( =(

i'll see you soon enough bad boy. i'll tell you about my life too ;) we'll have a gay *** time

Top Bottom