• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stun Jacket: NEW (first) Marth AT! (Also works with Ike)

∫unk

Smash Master
Okay so i'm responding in this thread cause the other thread got closed...

pierce i think you completely misunderstood my point or didn't read my post at all

i don't need a lesson on how competitive brawl works ><

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Okay so i'm responding in this thread cause the other thread got closed...

pierce i think you completely misunderstood my point or didn't read my post at all

i don't need a lesson on how competitive brawl works ><
In Melee, once you got your opponent off the stage, they're usually dead. In Brawl, usually they're much worse off, but not dead.

It's all about the mind games son, but you can't do no d@mn mindgames with no mind.

You also can't make the right regular choices without the know-how, and I HIGHLY doubt you've mastered using Marth's aerials appropriately, considering how variable the circumstances for using Uair and Bair can be.

Situational knowledge is just as important as numeric knowledge. When you're in that grand finals set, and your opponent is Lucario and about 110 pixels in front of you, and 15 below you, and you're both at last stock, high percentage, you're going to want to know that Aura Sphere will hit you first if you throw ShieldBreaker. Simply knowing that Shieldbreaker has enough range to tipper and finish the match isn't enough.

Get your knowledge up.
If you're referring to this post, only the first sentence was directed toward you. The rest is general information to whatever audience may be out there.

I wouldn't expect you to need a lesson on how competative Brawl works. You do just as well, if not better than me, in this arena.

∫unk

Smash Master
If you're referring to this post, only the first sentence was directed toward you. The rest is general information to whatever audience may be out there.

I wouldn't expect you to need a lesson on how competative Brawl works. You do just as well, if not better than me, in this arena.
i think EC metagame is > WC right now so i'm beating up on newbier people :p

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
On the throw up, basically you have to counter aether but it cant hit you, which requires ******** aiming on both the marth and ike's part. However, in a match between pierce and I, I throw aether. He counters and misses, and a subsequent hit on aether stuns him for quite a long period of time. I didn't notice it at first when I watched through the video but when we started talking about the stun jacket and I watched the video later it became pretty blatantly clear. I don't feel like linking to the video since I don't want any sort of ******** derailing crap to come about but yeah.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
The only use I can think of this is against MK's tornado. After MK's uair juggle and both of you are very high in the air, MK can whorenado and get a kill. Counter and if the attack hits you're safe, if the attack counter misses you get stun jacket. If you do stun jacket you would have enough lag to SDI out of it and not get killed, that or you could just time a FF air dodge, which may not work if the MK doesn't ascend with whorenado.

thoughts?

(if its been mentioned srry b/c i dont have time to look @ other posts. :p

Justinator3

Smash Rookie
So, let me get this straight.
It works for Winboxes and hitboxes that aren't a part of the Character themselves?

So you couldn't just Counter a shuttle loop and miss and expect a jacket to be equiped?

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
So, let me get this straight.
It works for Winboxes and hitboxes that aren't a part of the Character themselves?

So you couldn't just Counter a shuttle loop and miss and expect a jacket to be equiped?
Uh let me try to get this right lol... Hopefully Pirece will correct me if I get this wrong lol.

yes it works for windboxes and hitboxes not apart of the character themselves so no projectiles.

No I don't believe you can get a jacket equiped because the shuttle loop attack is still apart of MK. The only thing is that you missed hitting him but I believe that MK's sword is apart of his character so when you counter the hit made when he shuttle loops and misses it doesn not equip the jacket.

Pierce could probably explain it better but I'd thought I'd try. I could be wrong because they found out that countering aether gives a jacket for Ike.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uh let me try to get this right lol... Hopefully Pirece will correct me if I get this wrong lol.

yes it works for windboxes and hitboxes not apart of the character themselves so no projectiles.

No I don't believe you can get a jacket equiped because the shuttle loop attack is still apart of MK. The only thing is that you missed hitting him but I believe that MK's sword is apart of his character so when you counter the hit made when he shuttle loops and misses it doesn not equip the jacket.

Pierce could probably explain it better but I'd thought I'd try. I could be wrong because they found out that countering aether gives a jacket for Ike.
This is correct. Or rather, this is my theory based on all the evidence I've collected. I'm still not not sure at all. However, it is true that Shuttle Loop will not equip the jacket when countered and missed.

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I'm confused. So you DON'T get the Stun Jacket if Marth countered and hit you, and it only works if Marth doesn't counter it. So help me understand this scenario: Lucario starts up Double Team. Marth hits Lucario with the Dtilt. Lucario starts to counter it. Marth uses his counter. Marths Counter attack misses Lucario. Does Lucario have the Stun Jacket now?

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Wait, I'm confused. So you DON'T get the Stun Jacket if Marth countered and hit you, and it only works if Marth doesn't counter it. So help me understand this scenario: Lucario starts up Double Team. Marth hits Lucario with the Dtilt. Lucario starts to counter it. Marth uses his counter. Marths Counter attack misses Lucario. Does Lucario have the Stun Jacket now?
The way i see it, yes. hopefully pierce will correct me if im wrong.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Lucario uses his body to attack when he uses double team, so I don't believe this attack can equip the jacket. I'm not sure if it'll work, but I can't say it won't for sure, I just don't think it will.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
so outside of teams? stun jacket BUFFs? the opponent?
It sounds like it depends on the use of it. You could use it to give extra "hit-stun" on your opponent, but they also get extra DI. If you don't hit them with a killing move next, you can use it to your advantage....but, meh I still think it's situational outside of teams.

Correct me if I'm wrong pierce.

P.S. coda, you live like, 5 min away from me(when I'm not in college)

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
I found a move that initiates this today in a friendly. If you're in the air, and Yoshi is above you, use counter and yoshi does his B-down. You will counter, but yoshi goes flying down too fast for you to hit him lol.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Just getting the counter to miss you isn't the only requirement to initiating the tech. Did you see if you had a freeze frame, on the next landed hit?

K 2

Smash Lord
Ok, let me get this straight...

Putting the Stun Jacket on your opponent is BAD.
You cannot put the Stun Jacket on yourself.
This is useless in singles play.

Is that correct? I'm trying to break down the wall of text and actually trying to comprehend it.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Ok, let me get this straight...

Putting the Stun Jacket on your opponent is BAD.
You cannot put the Stun Jacket on yourself.
This is useless in singles play.

Is that correct? I'm trying to break down the wall of text and actually trying to comprehend it.
Eh, it's bad for trying to KO, or use multihit moves, but this leads into good mindgames.

You cannot put the jacket on yourself, correct.

This is virtually impossible to do in singles play, and not worth doing if the opportunity presents itself as far as I can tell.

K 2

Smash Lord
Eh, it's bad for trying to KO, or use multihit moves, but this leads into good mindgames.

You cannot put the jacket on yourself, correct.

This is virtually impossible to do in singles play, and not worth doing if the opportunity presents itself as far as I can tell.
Ok thanks. You mentioned putting the stun jacket on DDD (your friend). How much longer does he actually live? 5%? 10%? more?

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
Someone tested it a little and posted on page 4

Also, me and my friend tested and he lived about 10-15% longer when equipped wit a jacket from a Uncharged Tipped Fsmash from Marth from center of FD. But we sorta rushed this and waz jus sorta messn around.. But yeh.. jus a % 2 give u guys a general idea.
^ I believe he was talking about a Game & Watch

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
But it's only easy to equip if they're ddd. And I think it's not as easy as it sound sbecause you'd be onslauted by your opponents so you'd have to knock them away a bit first. Then try to put a stun jacket on your friend.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I hope this suggestion helps.

Pikachu's thunder?

Continuous hitbox, definitely not part of pikachu (yellow rod) and/or also a part of pikachu (blue explosion).

Pikachu's quick attack cancel? Hi-priority while in the middle of QaC might count as not pikachu-sprite.

What about the very tip of pikachu's foward smash...? Not pika's body but long enough for a counter to miss?

Anyway, I could try to test this. How may I help?

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, a pika main, still a fledgling smashboards'er

Top Bottom