• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Just downloaded the NTSC Melee. Tried Sheik, laughed uncontrollably and came here to say that you are playing a hilariously broken game.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm gonna put up some vids after i get back from Northwest Manifest next weekend. Been polishing my style.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Just downloaded the NTSC Melee. Tried Sheik, laughed uncontrollably and came here to say that you are playing a hilariously broken game.
Downloaded? (O_o) Are you using a Dolphin emulator?

I agree. On a related note, enjoy having nothing vs Peach's shield at high percents.
Enjoy losing even more cleanly to Jigglypuff, too! >:p

stelzig

Smash Lord
I'm sure they are, but I still prefer just doing whatever I want, and I can't do that in NTSC if I want to have fun dittos, appearently :)

So enjoy your forced limitations to have fun dittos then :mad:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yeah don't pay attention to bubbaking he doesn't know what he's talking about. I've seen Ice do a mini CG on Amsah because Amsah did a bad DI trying to mess with Ice rofl.

I dunno how you'd force people to DI inward in PAL aside from cases like that because there's no reason to.

I've lost a lot of motivation to continue the MU thread lately tbh.

Too many stupid people on SWF.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Yeah don't pay attention to bubbaking he doesn't know what he's talking about. I've seen Ice do a mini CG on Amsah because Amsah did a bad DI trying to mess with Ice rofl.

I dunno how you'd force people to DI inward in PAL aside from cases like that because there's no reason to.

You should write a mini jigglypuff match up guide just for me =D

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.

You can't really force them to do it but there isn't really anything to force an NTSC Sheik to not CG you either, or anything to enforce any player-imposed limitation (even if you do it for mutual benefit there isn't anything stopping them from 0-death CGing you on the last stock, for example). Anyway I appreciate that realistically it won't happen lol.

NTSC is way more interesting anyway, limitations aside.

stelzig

Smash Lord

We're sorry :(

As for the DI in... Some people like to try and DI in to throw people off and avoid getting dashattacked/techchased. It is really easy to react to though so yeah...

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
omg i love this game

I ask you sheik forum... who should I team with at Northwest Manifest?

I want to team with Scar the most.

Shroomed is also an option.

Which do you think would be the better team?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You should write a mini jigglypuff match up guide just for me =D
Don't challenge the crouch with much more than spaced fair, needles, and down smash. Dash attacking through her is okay but you need to do it sparingly (pops her up at 70ish; combos to up air KO at 90ish).

Use a ton of bair against her aerials. Crouching rising aerials and then retreating or counterattacking appropriately is really essential. Fair is good if they're below you.

The standard platform stuff (needles --> run off fair from platform) is pretty good against her.

Grab is okay as long as you max-range it always and try to limit its usage to when she's shielding.

If she down throws and goes for the platform tech chase Rest, try to trick them into over-committing on your tech stand or whatever and then do something else (basically just pay attention to what she's trying to cover and then do something else). It's hard for her to react to this with anything substantial because she doesn't shift direction easily (jumps are small and awkward).

Combo into full sets of needles whenever applicable. Fair or bair --> full set of needles is like 25%+ which is awesome. Try to remember to charge them periodically when nothing is going on.

Tope, team with Scar.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Dang, people! This is just a social thread. What does everyone have to be mean for? I said "I don't think..." for a reason. Apparently, I thought wrong. I've never played PAL and I've rarely seen it played. Yes, I don't know a bunch of specific things, but I know my fundamentals. If I say something wrong, call me out on it (most of my posts have disclaimers), but at the very least, you could be nice about it. :glare:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Dang, people! This is just a social thread. What does everyone have to be mean for? I said "I don't think..." for a reason. Apparently, I thought wrong. I've never played PAL and I've rarely seen it played. Yes, I don't know a bunch of specific things, but I know my fundamentals. If I say something wrong, call me out on it (most of my posts have disclaimers), but at the very least, you could be nice about it. :glare:
Don't contribute to discussions as if you know something (or might know something) when you don't. It's that simple. Do your research, come prepared.

Rereading this last chat, I don't think anyone said anything particularly abrasive to you except perhaps me. What in particular struck you as overwhelmingly 'mean'? I'm curious.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Don't challenge the crouch with much more than spaced fair, needles, and down smash. Dash attacking through her is okay but you need to do it sparingly (pops her up at 70ish; combos to up air KO at 90ish).

Use a ton of bair against her aerials. Crouching rising aerials and then retreating or counterattacking appropriately is really essential. Fair is good if they're below you.

The standard platform stuff (needles --> run off fair from platform) is pretty good against her.

Grab is okay as long as you max-range it always and try to limit its usage to when she's shielding.

If she down throws and goes for the platform tech chase Rest, try to trick them into over-committing on your tech stand or whatever and then do something else (basically just pay attention to what she's trying to cover and then do something else). It's hard for her to react to this with anything substantial because she doesn't shift direction easily (jumps are small and awkward).

Combo into full sets of needles whenever applicable. Fair or bair --> full set of needles is like 25%+ which is awesome. Try to remember to charge them periodically when nothing is going on.

Tope, team with Scar.
Super, super appreciated ♥
Thank you so much KK C=

D

Deleted member

...?

why would you ever play marth in teams? especially packing a way underrated teams character at your skill level?

do not understand.

Top Bottom